Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
- Go day hiking and visit three places that you have never seen before.
- Identify in the wild your state’s bird, tree and flower. Take photos of them.
- Learn how to make a safe campfire, even if it’s in your own backyard.
- Photo document all the watchtowers, lighthouses, old mines, and other historic locations in your area in a 100-mile radius.
- Go overnight camping away from it all (campground camping doesn’t count).
- Learn how to read maps with a compass and landmarks.
- Strap on the backpacking frame. Go backpacking for a weekend. Take only what you can carry on your back.
- Go backpacking with only organic food.
- Practice low-impact camping.
January, 2008 Edition