Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
Stitching & Crafting
- Learn to embroidery or cross-stitch. MaryJane’s Ideabook and her Stitching Room book have basic tutorials. If you already know how to do this, teach someone! (The books required for this badge are available on loan from MaryJanesFarm; contact firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Make a sampler for future reference and future generations. Frame it. Turn-of-the-century embroidery samplers are now collector’s items. Practice each stitch until you are happy with it.
- Embroider you own set of “Days of the Week” tea towels from MaryJane’s Ideabook, or embroider all of your badges onto a jacket, quilt, or tote! For instructions on how to embroider your badges, click here.
- Embroider all of the “Vitamin Ball” patterns from MaryJane’s Ideabook on a set of tea towels, a quilt or a wall hanging.
- Embroider a set of pillowcases with a pattern of your choice.
January, 2015 Edition