Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
Stitching & Crafting
- Take a class or teach yourself how to do basic tatting motions. Learn:
- Double Stitch
- Now combine your knowledge to make a length of tatting at least three feet long. MaryJane’s Stitching Room has a tutorial for needle tatting. (Available on loan from MaryJanesFarm; contact email@example.com.)
- If you’re already skilled in tatting, teach someone the stitches and help them to finish the beginner project.
- Continue on your tatting journey, but pick up the pace using several different types of thread.
- Learn how to join your picots to make new projects.
- Tat an edging onto a hankie.
- Find a tatting pattern and complete the project ... baby bonnet, booties, apron pocket, etc., all made only from tatting. There is a 10-hour minimum time investment required.
- Host a teach-in to share the knowledge you gained in achieving this badge to this level. Promote a discussion about the therapy of handwork.
January, 2015 Edition