Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 The 3 new Mini Pink Sewing Machines
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic The 3 new Mini Pink Sewing Machines Next Topic  

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2007 :  12:48:38 PM  Show Profile
Well , two of the three nieces have gotten their little Pink Sewing Machines for their Birthday's from us..

So.. I had to get back to you to let you know what i thought..
for them.. the little girls JUST starting out.. i'd say yea.. probably a good idea.. not a huge investment...
But for one of us..
Don't bother..
You'll only become frustrated.. ( at least I did..)
& yes.. we know i have a low tolerance for things thaht just don't quite work the way I think they should.. But..
This was a bit more aggrevation then i would be willing to put up with..
Go ahead & invest in a regular machine..
Who was it i was talking to about that? Sherri..? or runbikegirl?
Just go get one of the 'REAL' sewing machine at that store that I hate for under $100.00 & save yourself the Kathie fit that you are bound to be throwing..

The reverse works.. when it feels like it..
The real thread / bobbing thing is just odd.. you can sew from a second bobbin.. well, duh.. i'd use that all up in no time.. talk about sending me over the edge..

CAN'T sew anything very think.. This little machine lets you know right away that she's a wimp.. so.. don't push her.. because she really is a big baby.. & will start to pout.. & then of course you have to coddle & cojole her for the longest time to make itb all up to her again..

wait a minute.. maybe i've been going about it all wrong.. maybe it's not a wimp.. maybe it's more like a husband!!!

Anyway.. Zoey loves hers.. & is having a great time at her own house now.. with her own little sewing machine making teeny pillows.. & eye glass cases.. & everything!!

My Brother Chris looked like he was going to have a stroke when Mackenzie opened hers.. & Chris' "Flavor of the Month" ( who I think he met at Hooters) had this paniched look on her face.. I said "you'll be fine.. It has an instruction manual.." She goes 'Oh thank God!" But really.. I don't think that will help her!! Hopefully Mackenzie can help her get through the manual!

So.. one more to go.. This one will be happy with hers too.. But if there will be one that breaks.. This will be the niece that does it.. right out of the box! She should be their test kid for these products!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2007 :  1:51:46 PM  Show Profile
I agree...got my girls mini machines and was sure less than pleased. They can use my old machine now anytime. They do alot of hand sewing too, but I want to get them each their own machine for 8th grade graduation..thats my plan anyhow. Oldest daughter will be an eighth grader this year.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2007 :  2:05:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh Wow!! So , Did you get the same ones? These were ones i bought from HSN..

I bet your girls are great little sewers!!
A new machine.. how awesome.. i remember getting one in 8th grade too!!
Good for you!! She'll love it won't she?

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  11:27:08 AM  Show Profile
yes, i need to get carmen her own as she stands next to me while i sew asking...when are you going to be done, i have a project to work on...and after i hear it about 20 times, i start to get a little unfriendly!!
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  11:41:00 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
my daughter got one for christmas two years back a kid machine. We stitched 2 seams and I gave up and had her just use one of my machines.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  12:30:48 PM  Show Profile
there is nothing like the real thing ya know!!
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  04:00:35 AM  Show Profile
I totally agree. Don't buy a toy to do real work. I have sewn on almost every kind of machine out there over the years. I started sewing by machine when I was 12 and I'm almost the big 50 now!
My favorite machine that I have is a Janome DC2007LE. Basic, necessary stitches, a few extras and extremely easy to use. A real work horse. Computerized but not confusing. Very quiet. It ran me $349 at my local dealer and he threw in a free tote bag and extra bobbins.
I'd really recommend it for a beginner or anyone. I wish I had had this one when I got my first machine! If a daughter doesn't end up using it, keep it for yourself as a backup machine!

Jana
Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  05:57:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,

I found a 1964-1970ish metal housing White sewing machine in a very well kept cabinet several weeks back at a garage sale for $25. It's a very simple but basic machine like I started on in 7th grade. Now, I didn't need another sewing machine at all but this machine just kind of called to me that it wanted a home with someone who would use it. I haven't had time to try it out yet but several family members have already let me know who needs a machine in the family. Anyway, if I had a young daugther just starting to sew, I would try to find a regular machine like this one as you wouldn't have a lot of money into it.

Tina

The dogs own the house but the people pay the mortgage!
www.kennelcreations.com

Edited by - doglady on Jul 19 2007 05:59:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  06:21:07 AM  Show Profile
Definatly think this is what the plan will have to be.. at least for Zoey anyway.. She's fine with her cute new pink one at her house for now.. Like i said.. she's having fun with it.. & she's not turned 9 yet.. But i can't imagine it will be too long before the frustration sets in for her!! So.. i'll just be keeping an eye peeled at all the yard sales for one for her!

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic The 3 new Mini Pink Sewing Machines Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page