Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 I need some help with removing toxicity...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic I need some help with removing toxicity... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  11:29:26 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
from my life. I haven't been feeling good at all and I have been to the doctor many times- blood work, thyroid check, under the hood check and tests, etc, etc, etc...and nothing..but I still feel like garbage...and it is getting very serious. I haven't felt well in over in a year and I am slowly but surely going down hill.

I have been reading about toxicities in everyday products and have decided to try taking a break from all the chemical soup I use everyday. I need some basics- body moisturizer, shampoo, body cleanser, deodorant...I figure these are the basic things I need to feel clean and pretty without feeling deprived.

I was thinking of using organic jojoba oil for all over my body, get a organic shampoo bar and body soap and trying out something else for deodorant ( I tried just using baking soda, not working for me and Tom's of Maine is not working at all...) so I will try Jason's.

Could anyone recommend natural foods I can use to detox my body slowly. I know lots of purified water and I am eating a lot more fruit. Can you give me some simple, light dishes to make? I am taking a B-12 vitamin for energy. I have been taking slow, short walks, getting 30 minutes of sun, and resting/sleeping as much as possible. I also use natural products for cleaning, so I am getting there. I am also saving up to get a full body massage.

Please help, I feel like crud and I am taking a month or two and getting myself at least back on the health track.

Thank you.

In health,

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90

Edited by - catscharm74 on Feb 05 2008 11:43:21 AM

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  12:13:07 PM  Show Profile
Heather - we just talked about some of this stuff in a thread called "How Natural Are you" = I don't remember which forum it was under. It won't answer all of your questins but it might be a good place to start. Any of you ladies remember where it is?

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  12:28:57 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Sherri. I am so depressed right now because I thought I was doing the right thing and now I just don't know what to do....

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  12:36:30 PM  Show Profile
I was really depressed about a month ago and we talked about it at length on here too. You might profit from reading that thread too - I know how difficult it is to even get motivated to try and help yourself when you're depressed. Some of the suggestions on there really helped me get over that hump. Maybe if you could go just sit in the sun for awhile it might start to help. (If you have any sun right now - several of the ladies suggested going to a tanning booth just to help get the energy to think straight.) Hang in there.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  2:49:31 PM  Show Profile
I like nature's gate for shampoo. I tried ACV rinse lots of girls on here rave about, my hair soft, but greasy now. Makes no sense. Anyway, the one thing that really helps me is a long chat with my best friend, and a new doo. Getting whacked on green tea all day helps my winter blues, and I get a lot done. I want to try those detox foot pads I see on TV. My husband jokes and calls them foot maxis.
The best I ever felt mentally, is when I swam four times a week.

Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic I need some help with removing toxicity... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page