Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2020 :  1:03:43 PM  Show Profile
Meg Shull (#8040) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Going Green Merit Badge!

“I have studied the difference between types of cleaners, and what it means when a cleaner is labeled as "green" or environmentally friendly. I also make my own baby wipes, clothes detergent, and fabric softener.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2020 :  1:04:35 PM  Show Profile
Meg Shull (#8040) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level My Fair Farmgirl Merit Badge!

“I have researched the difference between cruelty-free and natural/organic versus commercial beauty products. I have made my own lavender-sugar scrub that I've used for years. I make it with organic sugar and essential oils. It turns our very well and I make it over and over again.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2020 :  1:05:54 PM  Show Profile
Meg Shull (#8040) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Quilting Merit Badge!

“I learned to quilt! So far I have finished 2 baby quilts and have 2 more big quilts in the works. Both turned out adorable.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2020 :  1:18:34 PM  Show Profile
Darla Armstrong (cowgirlup@21, #4397) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Get It Together Merit Badge!

“My husband, after much begging showed me how to sharpen knives. I had problems keeping the sharpener at 10 degrees and then just about cut my finger, but I have had no trips to the hospital and I am ok. It will just take more practice.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2020 :  1:33:29 PM  Show Profile
Terri Reynolds (#8042) has received certificates of achievement in Each Other for earning the Beginner and Intermediate Levels of the Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“I have completed answering all questions posed. I began to share some of the questions with Mom as I worked. We were still able to answer most of the questions with out a great deal of research.

This challenge was interesting. I have been reminded of a number of facts. I realized I want to use my work for this in my classroom. This will be good for my kids.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  7:54:45 PM  Show Profile
Terri Reynolds (#8042) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“I've completed answering all questions posed. For fun, I asked Mom and a friend if they thought they could pass the citizenship test. We all did easily. The website has not been updated since President Obama was in office. I think I need to write a letter to let someone know.

I really enjoyed seeing what it is that people who want to become citizens are expected to know and do.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  8:03:10 PM  Show Profile
Sandy Davis (#8063) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I started a blog called The Farmgirl Next Door. I plan to write about my efforts to earn merit badges, become more self-sufficient, and prepare for the unexpected. I have adopted the same rule we have on the forum- not politics and not religion, because I want everyone to feel welcome.

I have also read Blogging For Creatives.

I have had a bit of traffic from my first post about minimalism and COVID-19.

You can check it out here:
https://www.thefarmgirlnextdoor.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  8:04:11 PM  Show Profile
Sandy Davis (#8063) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Going Green Merit Badge!

“I have identified "non-green" cleaners in my home and have made plans to replace all of them with DIY cleaners. I've started a "Going Green" journal where I have listed "green goals" and where I will keep my favorite green recipes for cleaning, soap, and self-care products. My mission statement is that I will only clean with ingredients I can pronounce and identify.

I have started my journal, I am collecting spray bottles for my cleaners, and I have purchased cleaning vinegar, baking soda, rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, essential oils, and distilled water for making green cleaners. I have also calculated the price of making my own cleaners. Because the ingredients can be used in many ways, the cost of homemade cleaners is much lower than store-bought!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  8:04:58 PM  Show Profile
Sandy Davis (#8063) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I've purchased six reusable shopping bags. My goal is to not bring home any plastic bags. I keep the bags in my car when not in use. I'll put a note on my dash to remember to use them.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  8:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Sandy Davis (#8063) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Get It Together Merit Badge!

“I've removed plastic food containers from my kitchen and replaced them with glass. I store them with the lids on them so that I know there is one lid for every container. I love using glass for food storage. It holds up well, doesn't stain, and because I store them together, I always have a lid for leftovers!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  8:06:59 PM  Show Profile
Sandy Davis (#8063) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Emergency Preparedness Merit Badge!

“I made a list of the emergencies that I'm most likely to face in the area where I live. These include financial, tornados, hail, wildfires, and, unfortunately, the pandemic. I have made a list of supplies and skills I'll need to handle each one of these, plus daily "emergencies" like mild illness, cuts, and scrapes.

With the list of supplies and skills I can use my time and resources wisely, so I'm glad I took the time to do this.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  8:53:29 PM  Show Profile
Darla Armstrong (cowgirlup@21, #4397) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning Beginner Level Collect It! Merit Badge!

“When I was in about grade 2 my teacher read Little House on the Prairie to us after we were out for recess. I begged my Mom to get to get me these books. She started me on a path that I'll probably travel on and off for the rest of my life.

I ended up reading the entire series 8 times through. They were the only books I was interested in a while and her life captivated me! For this reason, I collect Little House on the Prairie books an paraphernalia.

I get emails and follow the email for Little House on the Prairie: Little House on the Prairie hello@littlehouseontheprairie.com via gmail.mcsv.net”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  8:54:45 PM  Show Profile
Darla Armstrong (cowgirlup@21, #4397) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Collect It! Merit Badge!

“I'm constantly looking for any thing Laura Ingalls Wilder. I watched the TV shows as a kid and would have bought the DVD set but it is over 100.00, so if I see it on sale ... or I get some extra$$! My Mom bought me the cookbook about 15 years ago for Christmas, the coloring book I stumbled across at McNalley-Robinson in Winnipeg. i cant bring myself to colour in it! The dress was handmade by a wonderful friend! I know it is not blue and white but ... My Dad and I went in a parade with his democrat and horse pair in a small town and we won first place!

I have also traveled to Desmet South Dakota, Plum Creek in Minnesota and Mansfield Missouri (where I bought the throw). I went to the museums there and, of course, in Mansfield to her graveside. On my bucket list is to travel her path starting at Pepin Wisconsin and traveling the route, hopefully catching at least one pageant!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  8:55:48 PM  Show Profile
Darla Armstrong (cowgirlup@21, #4397) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Expert Level Collect It! Merit Badge!

“I keep my books in my office, my throw on my cedar chest, and my dress in the closet.

I look at these items spread around my house and smile. I know there are hard times but making the best of any time good or bad is what her books are about! People think they are hard done by with the covid outbreak. We're asked to stay home with those we love. I know that some days it's not easy and there are circumstances that probably some children are better at school. However, for me has been a great time for reflection and remembering the lessons of Laura and relishing in the simple pleasures that life brings us!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  8:56:48 PM  Show Profile
Darla Armstrong (cowgirlup@21, #4397) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Speak for the Trees Merit Badge!

“I cannot go to the library so I looked online. I also know some of the trees growing in my yard because I planted some of them. I have oak trees, native to the area of Manitoba, one however was planted from a seed from New York, in an area where my Mother-in-law's family lived. I have two apple trees—these are not native to the prairies in Manitoba, and white spruce trees, which are native to Manitoba.

It looks great in our yard.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  8:58:18 PM  Show Profile
Amy Berigtold (PinkPolkaDotChicken, #7844) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Embroidery Merit Badge!

“I used a free online class on Creativebug taught by Rebecca Ringquist called Embroidery Sampler. It was a freeform folk-style project to create an almost "rough draft" looking piece, with a circular grouping of all the main embroidery stitches, all fitting together like pieces of a patchwork quilt. And the finished work is enclosed by a hand-stitched embroidery hoop as a "frame" for the sampler.

It turned out amazing! I worked on it off and on during the winter, and it was so fun to see the image start to come to life, then grow bigger, and get more complex and interconnected each time I'd work on it. It was hard to fit all the stitches on the fabric I had chosen, but in the end I got there. I used a vintage linen-cotton scrap so the finished piece looks like a treasured heirloom!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  8:59:40 PM  Show Profile
Amy Berigtold (PinkPolkaDotChicken, #7844) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“My 13-year-old daughter and I got 4 baby chicks in mid-March. We have had them before, but were currently hen-less and missed the girls and their eggs and their antics ... and the way hens make you slow down and just enjoy being in your own yard. We decided to get two Buff Orpingtons and two Black Australorps (Penny, Pacifica, Sally, & Rosa). We also wanted to get two Americacaunas/easter eggers (Mabel & Dipper) to enjoy the pink and blue and green eggs, but they sold out before we could get to the feed store.

This year was really crazy challenging trying to buy chicks—due to coronavirus, everyone in our county was buying chicks this spring, not just the usual farmgirls!! It took many tries to get to a feed store on delivery day in time to get the breeds we wanted, but we finally made it. We already had an old coop, but bought a new coop for the chicks, and the old coop can be for any new girls we get until all get along, or sick/injured girls that need to be apart from the flock. The new coop is Amish built and looks like a mini version of our house: same exact color scheme, with a built-in run, AND it was only $300 at our local consignment shop! And it looks brand new (no chicken poop anywhere!) I'm growing some herbs for the chickens to enjoy, and we'll get more as they become available. We're using the amazing book Chicken Gardens as our reference for that project. We've spent the past 5 weeks tending to the chicks in their giant glass aquarium brooder in our laundry room, and taking them out to play a few times a day. It has been cool and rainy all spring, so they've not been outside until today. Today was the chicks' first day hanging out on the back porch with us, and trying out their new coop! We put fresh sawdust in the coop, and put their chick-sized food and water units on it, too. It came with adult hen-sized food and water units that are built in, like a plumbing system, so hoping they work well. Nights are still cool here, so the babies will be back in their brooder in our laundry room at night. We are so happy to have chickens on our mini-homestead again (...and we may also get a few rabbits. We recently met some we liked at a pet fair)!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 12 2020 :  7:22:49 PM  Show Profile
Darla Armstrong (cowgirlup@21, #4397) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Make It Pretty Merit Badge!

“I've not drawn for many years so I drew my son in his football gear. His face is a little long but in all I think I made a valiant effort!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 12 2020 :  7:28:43 PM  Show Profile
Darla Armstrong (cowgirlup@21, #4397) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I've loved buttons ever since I was a little girl. My Mom had a button collection and I loved to run my fingers through them. Both of my grandmas had large button collections so I just thought it was what you needed to have when you were an adult.

All of the buttons except for the neatly organized ones are saved buttons. I love buttons, their different textures, shapes and sizes! I have no idea when I started my collection and don't know if I will ever end collecting them.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 12 2020 :  7:44:40 PM  Show Profile
Brittany Willson (backwoodsbritt, #7897) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“We have a great program for recycling in our little town. Most household items are allowed to be put out for curbside pickup. Anything bulky—old appliances, computers, tree stumps, etc need to be brought to the transfer station for proper disposal/recycling.

I'vee been more mindful of the items I'm discarding. I've started to add much more to my compost pile than food scraps. I've started to add paper towels, cardboard, and newspaper!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 12 2020 :  7:46:11 PM  Show Profile
Brittany Willson (backwoodsbritt, #7897) has received certificates of achievement in Each Other for earning the Beginner and Intermediate Levels of the Entrepreneurial Spirit Merit Badge!

“I've been thinking of a business idea that can incorporate my love for canning. I love making jellies and jams and have been thinking for a while now how I can make money doing a little extra here and there. Eventually being able to turn it into a profitable business. Picking out a name was very hard!

I have picked out my name, assembled a business plan, and registered my business with my county. I have money set aside to order my overhead costs and I'm working on my marketing materials while I wait for the harvesting season to commence so I can get packing those jars!! I found a beautiful berry wreath border on an etsy shop to include on my business cards that I'll be ordering soon!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 12 2020 :  8:06:43 PM  Show Profile
Annette Widmark (Annette Widmark, #6518) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“I built a small chicken shed and bought 20 baby quail to raise. They are now 6 weeks old and I am excited to see them lay eggs.

Quail chicks are healthy and growing fast. I did however discover they refuse to walk up the ramp to the egg laying house and roost.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 12 2020 :  8:07:16 PM  Show Profile
Annette Widmark (Annette Widmark, #6518) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“I bought some Shetland wool from a friend who has sheep. I watched movies on spin off website while I washed, carded, and spun the wool into yarn.

The yarn turned out pretty good though little lumpy bumpy lol. It will make an ok hat, I think.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 12 2020 :  8:29:26 PM  Show Profile
D Percy (#8125) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Furniture Makeover Merit Badge!

“I've watched hours of gypsies and flea market flip....so many ideas! SO I gotta start out easy.

I took an old flower sifter from a hoosier cabinet (later turning into a bar), polished it up and turned it into wall art for my kitchen! It sits above an old ladder that is my magazine rack. I'm so pleased with the result!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 12 2020 :  8:30:42 PM  Show Profile
D Percy (#8125) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Furniture Makeover Merit Badge!

“I've developed a recent fascination with painted furniture after my first foray into decorating turned out so well. I went to an auction and bought a couple of plain wood dressers who might be good candidates for refinishing. I painted them a basic chalk blue, and applied a dandelion poster to the drawer fronts and finished it off with rubbed wax.

I'm sooo pleased with the way this came out—it's given me the courage to do more!”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page