Author Make It Easy: Previous Topic I got the decorating bug... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2008 :  8:36:38 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
So I was looking online at some cool decorating ideas and came across a fun idea for the bathroom. I am going to print some pics of my favorite old Hollywood star- Katharine Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn, Bogart and Becall, Cary Grant, Gene Kelly,etc...and frame them and then I saw someone had take long fringer and tacked it to the top of the wall (crown molding area) and let it come down about a foot. They hung a funky fan in the corner but I have one of those paper lights. They took inexpensive molding and frame the mirror, which I could do in an apartment. It was painted all funky colors (I like the Junk Gypsies color schemes)!!!

I am so excited!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  3:12:30 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Heather, How is this project going?

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  3:19:31 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Oh my!! I saw this post and had to re-read it!! HA!!! I had forgotten about it. I am still trying to find some affordable picture frames. I am taking this idea and using it in my closet since my bathroom has a lot of beach stuff in it. I have a walk in closet with a lot of wall space, so I thought this would be cool.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9090 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9090 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  3:51:09 PM  Show Profile
I see the best frames at the thrift store. I have bought a lot of them there was my embroidery's and pictures.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2857 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2857 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  5:26:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey Heather, I am an appraiser & I saw the coolest thing in a houase I appraised last year. It was an old historic farmhouse that a young couple bought & did a great job with(not what I usually see, most stuff is done halfway).. But anyway, she went online & printed out pics of old sheet music covers, like Stephen Foster, George Gershwin, you name it. She then burned the edges of each piece to add to the old feel, glued to the wall & polyurethaned (sp?) over the whole thing. It was absolutely breathtaking & she had turned it into their music room with old antique lamps & an old Victrola.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  5:35:26 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Cool Lisa!! I will keep that in mind. I would love to do that with old Time magazine covers and pictures.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page
  Make It Easy: Previous Topic I got the decorating bug... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page