Author Make It Easy: Previous Topic Shampoo Bars VS Soaps~Handmade Next Topic  

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  7:41:28 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Question for all the soapers out there. I've been buying a soap from a local lady. I got a Citrus soap bar about a month ago and loved it. Then I went back to get another, but she had changed the label to a "Citrus Shampoo Bar" and the price went up from $6 to $15! for the same size bar. I'm new at this but was really wondering what the difference is. Any ideas?

FarmGirl Sister #123

Crafty Bay FarmGirls Chapter

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

MelissaAnn
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Melissa
Sumter SC
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  8:31:22 PM  Show Profile  Send MelissaAnn a Yahoo! Message
Do you happen to know what the ingredients were for both bars? If they are the same, then there is no difference and just a marketing thing she is doing. At 15 bucks a bar, I am baffled myself.
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2008 :  5:13:35 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
That's just it. She didn't have the ingredients listed. Smells the same, acts the same, everything. I just didn't notice the price difference because I was distracted with several other things at the time. Wouldn't have gotten it otherwise.

FarmGirl Sister #123

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2008 :  7:19:38 PM  Show Profile
Sherry - if she is selling the soap to the public she has to list the ingredients by law. The only difference in a shampoo bar might be additional castor oil but castor is not expensive enough to warrant that type of price increase. I would ask her what ingredients are in the bars and what she added to make it different. As a consumer you have the right to know. I'll be curious to see what you find out.

Handmade Soap and More! - http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com Sign up for my monthly newsletter!

I'm A Rusty Chick!!!
PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2008 :  7:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Oh Thank you Kay. I didn't even think of that. I guess that's my fault. There is a difference which I just noticed tonight. It's a bit squishy in the middle where the other bar was very hard and lastest a long time. Thanks so much.

FarmGirl Sister #123

Go to Top of Page
  Make It Easy: Previous Topic Shampoo Bars VS Soaps~Handmade Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page