lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  7:00:05 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Monica, so glad your guys are safe. I am very leary of ATV's. We have one, and I am nervous any time the boys are on it. Stan is very careful and won't let them get out of 2nd gear, but still.

Jami~I don't weave baskets. I think Stan would have a bona-fide hissy fit if I took up one more hobby! Cleaning up my craft room is somewhere on my to-do list for the summer. Don't anyone hold their breath till it happens.

Speaking of holding breath, What do you do when a sheep chokes? I hate it. One of the dorpers used to do it all the time. She was so greedy. Tonight, my oldest Shetland choked. I normally just hang around and watch to make sure they cough it all up, but she took forever, and even layed down on the ground at one point, which made me think we would be digging a hole tonight. I hate feeling so helpless. She eventually cleared it out, but still...

We have chased nearly every breed of animal on the place today. Sarita, I won't brag about my animals staying in the electric fence again. The saga is on the blog. Nothing like chasing critters back through fences in 100 degree heat. Still haven't got a good picture of the new red calf. Either I have the camera and he is camera shy or I leave it at the house and he stands 10 feet from me. Oh, well.

Ethan is gone to Eureka Springs with the 7th graders from church to see "The Great Passion Play." Jessica is filling in for a card player down at my mother in law's tonight. Three elegant senior ladies and one 15 year old. Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall down there? hehehe Avery is trying to decide which Veggie Tale he wants to watch. We turned the satellite off almost 2 weeks ago, and there just isn't much for a 10 year old to watch on PBS at night.

Well, off to work on picking vm out of wool till I get sleepy.

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  9:51:43 PM  Show Profile
Jami, I honestly don't know what the deal was with the nurses! If I had not been more preoccupied with Gary, I would have been all over them! I am going to call the hospital Monday! I like the barbed wire basket idea!

Sarita, I have a really neat book on basket making and one of these days I want to learn to make some!

Sara, I love the pics! i hope all goes well at the County Fair! You will have to let us know!

Lori, Gary is doing very good! I have always been leery about the ATV, but I have to say that I do hope we can get it fixed up! It doesn't look to bad!

I hope you all have a great evening! I am off to spin and wash wool with a nice cup of coffee!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.heroesandink.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Jul 09 2010 9:55:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  10:43:03 PM  Show Profile
Good evening all. Glad to hear Gary is ok and you are back to your fiber. The pics of the sheep are great. Good luck at the fair - I hope you place well.

Jami - my lavender is a ways off yet but setting buds. Might be sooner than I think if the heat holds. It's supposed to cool down again a bit next week...I will take high 70's to mid 80's over the near 100. A lot more plesant for picking vm and washing wool. Tomorrow it's canning strawberry jam. This should prove interesting since when I was cooking dinner my canning burner had a short and melt down actually arcing and literally melting the burner. I have all these berries ready to go. I will have to make do and the canner will have to straddle two burners to hot water bath them. That poor stove is 20 years old and I hate to replace anything else in it as it is going to be replaced with gas as soon as we can get the cabinets built. I am so tired of replacing burners - especially the canning ones as they are so expensive to replace. Hopefully it all goes well despite the challenge of the burner issues.

I got my dog de-skunked today with the hydrogen peroxide solution - which works really well I must say. I will do my partners dog on Sunday when he comes back. She got the brunt of it right in the face where my shepherd just got fall-out from a distance which was bad enough. Every time the breeze blows in the right direction I can smell it full force from where it actually let it fly....ahh the joys of country living!!!

Time for this gal to head for bed. I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4108 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4108 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  04:23:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi All
Good luck Sara at your fair. Your sheep look great. Aslo you yarn and roving is lovely looking too, in anohter thread.
Sarita two at once socks are a great way to go. Make sure when you start to cast on you leave plenty of yarn for the second half of that first sock. But you cast on half, then cast on the second sock totally, then cast on the second half of the first sock. A little tricky, but it is not bad. I wind my yarn on a yarn winder, then work from both ends of the ball. You have to unwind sometimes, but it is easier for me then trying to keep 2 balls of yarn seperate. I love doing socks this way, cause once your done, your done with both! Good luck.
Saw the doctor yesterday, and he said it is beautiful, just beautiful. So it is healing nicely, with no signs of more infection. He will decied next Friday if a skin graft is the way to go or not. He is iffy on this right now. He said because of where it is, it would heal, but then might have problems with it breaking open?? Will see.
Jami, a barb wire basket really would not slow you down much, with candy in it!!! Like the threat of a scratch would keep me from chocolate!!! :) Ha
Monica that must of been some hill they were going up! Hope he is feeling better.
How are the new sheep Rae.
Sheri glad the dog is smelling better.
Time for another cup of coffee. Eddie has done the milking for me, so that is nice.
take care
Michele
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4108 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4108 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  07:07:45 AM  Show Profile
Got a question for all you wool dyeing gals.......I got the country classics dye, and just printed off the directions. Can you only dye the wool one color? I see it has to gradually come up to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Can you paint the wool with this dye? Can you do the cupcake tin dyeing that I saw on someones website? Or do I have to dye the fiber, and then card to blend different colors using this type of dye?
Any suggestions or help is appreciated.
Michele
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  07:44:17 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All!

I have been gone off the farm - hate to announce it because I do not want to invite trouble - so now I play catch up. Forgive me if I leave someone out - just not enough sleep.

Dyeing with the Country Classics is easy peasy - you can do all those methods and more...remember also the result of strengths will depend on the fiber used and the recipe you place together. Once you get the hang of Country Classics you can make your own recipes (colors) and I have even recipes with other dyes mixed in to give unusally colorways without all the work...Have fun - I think I might be dyeing yarn today - I have color patterns swirling in my tiny brain.

Good luck at the Fair - this time of year can be so exciting. Just enjoy yourself and eat a funnel cake for me..

Monica glad to hear Gary is doing better.. I know first hand how you have to be the spokesman for your ill family member - I spent 18 years doing that for Curt and I could be a bear if someone mistreated him. Although I understand the work load they have and they are human. I also had hundreds of nurses over the years who where so kind, gentle and on task that calling them angels did not even do them justice. So many folks out here get hurt on those things and we have had two deaths on them - I never would allow one here.

Basket weaving is a great time - made a few over the years but this is one craft I leave to those with better skills and I would much rather purchase one from them. I have such a large collection of Longenberger that somefolks think I sold them - nope just love them!!!

The last hail storm (8 in total) took out the last of my goodies on the decks. My house and deck looks like you took a power hose to it - so painting is again in my future. I pulled weeds in the front and gave to Casper and Sugar - they where thrilled and at least it looks a bit more like someone lives here.. I have a piece of my window missing and still have not found it. It might be somewhere over the rainbow...

As for animals chocking there is not much you can do but stand, watch and be ready to step in if need be. I have had a couple of sheep who did that but managed to each time cough it up. I have had to also tube a few including once a llama. We also most lost the llama but I managed to clear the windpipe but I sure do not want to do that again if possible. If you have a couple of problem animals with that my best suggestion is feeding in little amounts, keeping them away from the group while eating as to keep them from wolfing down their feed and also try to give them feed that requires them to chew more. Too many animals chock on grains because they can eat them too fast. Good luck.

Hope everyone has a great day and enjoy the work ahead...

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  09:31:30 AM  Show Profile
Michele, Here are some pics of wool that I dyed with country classic dyes. I put the wool in a little bit of water and then sprinkled the dye powder on the wool and let it simmer for 1/2 hour. The one thing that I did find is to not put the powder in different colors too close to each other because they do spread some as they soak in!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  09:42:55 AM  Show Profile
Grace, Gary is doing much better! I have not been to leery of the ATV because it's more like a tractor with a dump bed on back and it has 6 wheels so it's not like the 4 wheel ATVs. I am a bit more leery of it now! As for the nurses, I may call the hospital Monday because it was just not right how roughly they put him into the car when he was banged up as he was! Sorry to hear about all of the hail! I sure hope Mother Nature will give you a break on the weather!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lelasfriend
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

sara
baltimore MD
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  7:08:38 PM  Show Profile
As far as dyeing with country classics go I have had some nice results with mixing different colors into different squirt bottles and then squirting it on the wool. I find with a squirt bottle - the kind you can put ketchup into - you will have more control where it lands and can more easily "paint" stripes etc to make a lovely variegated roving or yarn.
My newest project is that I have dyed some Leicester Longwool in a shade of green and I am hand combing it with my neighbor's apricot poodle fur and calling it Summer Turns To Autumn. I am going to knit her something out of it once I spin it into yarn. She is a great lady and rescued this poodle from a puppy mill where it had never been groomed and its fur was so long...So I think it will be fun for her to have something made out of it.
I love the pictures of everyone's dyeing projects. They are so lovely! Sara
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4108 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4108 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  04:27:36 AM  Show Profile
Wow Monica those colors are so pretty. That is amazing that you can just sprinkle on the color and then simmer.
So country classics requires simmering to set the dye. What about heat setting in a microwave? My aunt uses an acid dye, and wraps the wool in plastic wrap and uses the microwave to set it. Can you do that with Country classics?
Sara do you squirt your wool and then have to simmer it in water for 30 minutes?
Sorry for all the questions! Maybe I should start by saying what I got. I have batts of white and black wool. I have this years wool that I just started carding on. I have a course set of hand cards that I use on the wool first, to open it all up. Alot of small vm will fall out. Then I have a carder that I make the batts with, and still alot of very small particles fall out. What do you "experts" (to me your are experts) think is the best way for me to start? There are so many options it is kind of overwhelming.
Thanks Michele
Go to Top of Page

lelasfriend
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

sara
baltimore MD
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  11:17:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi there - here is what i do: I mix the country classics dye in water in the squirt bottles. I take my washed wool and I soak it in a vinegar and water solution and then I squirt the dye on and i simmer the wool for 30 minutes. Afterwards I let it cool and then rinse it and then let it air dry. I find I have better success if i lay the wool out flat in a single layer in a disposable aluminum tray and dye it and simmer it in the tray. It gets dyed more evenly and completely for me rather than in a pot. I also put another tray over it as a lid to really steam the wool. Hope this makes sense. I wish we could all get together and have some hands on fun together. I am a big believer in learning by doing! Sara
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  12:05:29 PM  Show Profile
Sara, We need pictures! One of these days I am going to have to try squirting the dyes!

Michele, Thank you! Autumn colors are my favorite colors! I have never tried them in the microwave, but I am sure it would work. You would just have to figure out how long to do it for to set the colors. I have done some with Kool-aid that I laid the wool out on plastic wrap and then sprinkled the dye on it a wrapped it up and simmered it in a pot on the stove! Don't apologize for asking questions! That's how you learn and I don't think anyone here minds at all! We all have questions! I would suggest one thing for processing the wool is to get a pair of wool combs. They work great for fluffing open fiber and removing VM and sometimes are faster to use than hand cards especially if it's a longer wool.

Hope everyone stays cool today! It's 102 and humid here! I am going to fill up the little pool for the kids and I think I am going to sit with my feet in it while I comb out some Coopworth fleece! It washed up so nice and I can't wait to spin it! I really need to get more bobbins although that would probably just get me into more trouble!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lelasfriend
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

sara
baltimore MD
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  12:26:22 PM  Show Profile
Monica is right - combs are amazing! I love to comb wool especially the longwool sheep breeds like Leicester Longwool and Romney. It comes out so clean and with every fiber nicely lined up. Very easy to spin. It preserves the waves of the Leicester Longwools fleece and highlights its luster....
But now I am feeling frustrated because my dream of Summer Turns to Autumn is not working out. The poodle fur is just not combing or carding well and I cannot get it to blend with the wool. Unfortunately it is very matted. Maybe this is the effect of poodle which is so curly and soft? Or is this due to the dog being from a puppy mill where she was stuck in a small wire cage for 2 1/2 years with no exercise or grooming? Help! Any suggestions???
Also I am taking a road trip. My husband is shooing me off to a cooler climate for my health for a couple weeks and he is managing the farm. What a saint! I will be going across PA, into Ohio and then up into Michigan, over the upper Penisula, down through Wisconsin and across ILL, Indiana and Ohio back home to MD. Would be fun to meet some sheepy farm girls along the way...Maybe do some dyeing or spinning together. I have an ashford travelers wheel...Get it TRAVELERS...Sara
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  12:27:11 PM  Show Profile
Oh Monica jump in with the kids we used to do that when ours were little was big enough we could lay out straight and that was it but sure cooled the body down a bit. Would do my beached whale immitation

Hope all are having a great day!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  2:12:56 PM  Show Profile
It is hot here today, too. Stan changed the oil in his truck after church, under the carport, and he was soaked with sweat. Scarlett, the sheep dog that won't stay with the sheep, is under the carport laying in the cool black shale. Not much is stirring.

We brought home a Boer cross buckling yesterday. We decided that having 5 ewes and a whether wasn't very profitable, so for the price of keeping just one more, we could breed and sell babies. We got lots of response with the few we just sold. Also sold the horse today. She was a 14th birthday gift for our daughter, but she was a little stubborn and would dump Jessica off and head to the barn when she got tired, so she became a money pit. Jess isn't real happy, but understands. She just wanted a horse so badly for so long.

We are off to town to run a few errands and have ice cream sundaes for supper. Not much in the way of nutrition unless you count the dairy, but a good treat once in a while. I don't cook on Sunday nights since I do the rest of the week, and we had a big lunch. Well, off to ensure I stay fluffy!

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  2:44:39 PM  Show Profile
Sara, what a road trip! I would be dragging and turning around for home by the time I got to MI! I would need a month to recoup. We drove to Columbia, Mo yesterday and did a little shopping and I was exhausted by the time we got back. Gone about 6 hrs total...now that is a road trip to me. I am not worth a darn today.
Lori, hope the animals are respecting the fences. The same sheep make a get away everyday and the rest of the flock honor the electric fence. I have no trouble where we have fencing.

Monica, glad Gary is doing better. Your colors in your pic of dyed wool is beautiful. Girls, I think there is so many different ways to dye wool and yarn, you can almost not be wrong.
I like to spin everything in natural and dye the yarn so that I can plan my project and know before I start that I will have enough yarn for the finished project. But sometimes when I get bored with white, I dye wool and card and blend. I use the squirk bottle method on the batts.
I soak my wool in a little soapy water for about 1/2 hr or more, then I lay the wool in a shallow pan and squirk the dye on the batt or make dots and I always try to leave some blanks in between the colors so that it can blend. I cover the pan and put it in the oven on 195 for about 30-45 minutes, if the liquid in the pan is clear, I take it out. After rinsing, I put the wool in a nylon bag and let it spin out in my washer and it is dry in no time and ready to go.

Girls, I am working on dyeing basket materials today. Tomorrow I will start getting ready for the kids and grandchildren to get here at the end of the week. I will have to get some rest so that I can enjoy them.

Hope and steamy here today. Need to get busy.

Sarita

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful..." Proverbs 15:13

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  5:53:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. Monica, I love your colors. I haven't jumped in with the wool dying yet. It means buying a whole new line of dyes from the fiber reactive dyes that I use on fabric and veneer. Hopefully before summer is over I will take the plunge. In the meanwhile I too am spinning lace weight shetland - looks a lot like the picture you posted.

Today, I am being lazy after making jam yesterday. I ended up with 30 jars of Strawberry jam. So today I am sitting and knitting on the last sock of a pair that I started for my daughter for her birthday. It's been pretty hot here too but is supposed to cool off tomorrow. We are in fire watch red flag with high winds predicted for tomorrow. Say a prayer that someone doesn't start a fire as we have so much vegetation with all the spring rains that we've had. Guess it's time to move the picture basket and important papers downstairs in case a quick exit is needed.

Guess I should sign off and start dinner. Have a great evening everyone.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  5:53:45 PM  Show Profile
Rae, I was sitting outside with the kids, with my feet in the pool while I combed out some Coopworth fleece and it was still so hot that I gave up and sat down in the pool! It felt so good! Then I got out dripping wet and went and hung up laundry! It was wonderful!

Sarita, Thank you!!

I have to tell you all that tomorrow is my 2 year anniversary since I bought my first drop spindle and started spinning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am have a 20% off sale tomorrow on my etsy site! I can't believe it's been 2 years since I started playing with fiber! I have to say it's been an incredible journey and I have met some of the most incredible ladies, namely all of you here!!HUGS to you all!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Jul 11 2010 5:54:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  6:57:54 PM  Show Profile
Well it sounds like all you ladies are enjoying this day. Sorry to hear about all the heat - we are to get hit this week. I keep having just enough rain to not get to painting the metal gates, or lawn chairs and just enough lightening to not want to risk working on rewiring fencelines so in the house I stay.

The dye pots have been going - worked on llama, alpaca, mohair, CVM and bunny today. Also dyed base colors on some alpaca yarns that I will be going back in and handpainting. Your right there are some rules to dyeing but once you get the hang of them it is Anything Goes!

Monica hard to believe we started this friendship and spinning adventure two years ago. I have to pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming - 14 years for me and I still feel like I have so much to try.

Sheri I thought the count was 29 (one for me) just kidding.. Sounds fantastic. Have to give us a show and share on the socks.

Sarita the basket dyeing sound like fun - I did that a couple of times for a class - a lot of work but I do have two baskets to show for it. Can't wait to see the new creations.

Lori - good luck with the new goat.. I have friends who raise Boers, sell Nationally and shows a ton - I never warmed up to them but they do sell... the icecream sound yummy - I was going to make some up just did not quite get to it.

Sara sounds like a great adventure just take care. I get it traveler! May be a bit slow at the funny farm but if you type slow I get it!!!

I have been thinking of you all as the dyepots are keeping this farm gal "glowing" or as I call it sweating... In between pots I have been making more lavendar sheep - sold out at the store in town. By the way how is the Farmers Market going Jami?? I forgot to answer your question - I have knitting sheep patterns and sewing patterns too.

Well, another storm rolling in so I have to unplug - lightening and all. Have a great night ladies.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  8:01:00 PM  Show Profile
Sheri, I missed your post because we were posting at the same time! I will definitely keep you in my prayers that there are no fires! I lived in Washington, in Twisp when they had the 30 mile fire and while it was not really close to us, it was scary! I am with Grace, I think you ought to have 28 jars! hehe!!

Grace, Yes it's been 2 years since I ordered my first drop spindle! I sure have come a long way with accumulating wheels and fiber and spinning friends and I am so grateful for all of you! I am curious, what are the lavender sheep?

Hope you all have a wonderful cool evening!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4108 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4108 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  05:08:33 AM  Show Profile
Boy you ladies are right, it sounds like there is no wrong way to dye wool. Stovetop, oven, micro wave.
Anyone know why they say not to use enamal pots with chips in them? I have several, but they all have a chip or two.
I will have a hard time decideing what and how to dye first! einey menney miney moe!!! Thanks for all the suggestions. I do have some squirt bottles, will get some foam brushes, and of course a box of disposible gloves.
Getting excited in Wisconsin
Michele
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  06:08:16 AM  Show Profile
The reason why is because the metal will change the reaction of the dyes. That can work to your advantage if you are using plant dyes in fact somewhere on line I think it was under the "DyeHappy" group we talked about the use of those pots in bringing a different style of colors. One thing you also want to watch is if you use a pot with the enamel chipped you might also have a small hole and then you will leak out dye everywhere - trust me I had that happen once in a class - what a mess. This is the time where garage sales come in handy - you can sometimes get big canning pots for just a couple of dollars..

Well, here is one for the books I had last night some olive dye bath turn a wonderful mushroom brown. Not what I wanted so I added some teal and I got this incredible forest greens - it shaded itself without my hand. Once dry I will take a picture and post it - see dyeing is magical - I have no idea why I got the brown - been using that recipe for years. You just have to go with the flow.

Temp expected today to be 95 - I do not do that - so it will be back to work before the sun comes up and when it goes down for me.... Have a wonderful Monday Ladies..

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  08:43:52 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Monica!! I can't wait to say I have been doing it for a month. I think I need a drop spindle to get me started. Where is the best place to order one as no shops around here

Having brother and folks over for dinner tonight. We are grilling Mr. Butterball as will be hot to have oven on at that time of day. Have bread baking now and choc chip bars, was too lazy to make cookies. Did some weeding in potato section of the garden earlier so not too bad for the day.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  08:55:04 AM  Show Profile
Hot here today...as I think most of are. I hit the deck running this morning, trying to beat the heat. Weeded in the garden and scraping old paint getting ready to paint the front porch and the old front door. Also washing today...running back and forth. Danny hurt his back so I am trying to get him to move slowly and take care of himself.
I figure if the sheep get out today...they are on their own.
I am getting excited, Angie is coming in Thursday, and then my other daughter, Lisa, is dropping off the big baby boy...(Ang is going to help me take care of Brandon for a couple days while Mommy spends some time with Lexi in KC. Then she will pick up the baby and leave Lexi for a week or two. Hope old Nana can hold up.
I need to go out to the tack room and get out some wool. Got some emails and calls wanting some so I better get that done.
Don't forget to sit down under a shade tree and sip on a tall cold drink and stop and enjoy life and count the many blessings we have.
Sarita

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful..." Proverbs 15:13

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  10:11:08 AM  Show Profile
Rae, I will send you one! I have to help further the addiction of others!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page