True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2006 :  02:11:45 AM  Show Profile
Hi Frannie,
Your home is absolutely gorgeous - I have drooled over homes in magazines exactly like yours. I dream of living in the mountains, so I love the pictures in the mist.
Just had to reply to this topic to say how very much I adore it!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2006 :  09:18:18 AM  Show Profile
WOW! I got so ingrossed in reading this thread I didn't even notice I was drinking my tea! Just looked at the empty cup and thought "what gives?" Jayne, THANKS so much for bringing up this oldie but goodie thread with your post. Such an inspiration, and Frannie, hope I made it to the possible adoptive list whenever you decide some of your treasures should see the world! Ya'll have a terrific dreamfilled day. Nance
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2006 :  10:44:16 AM  Show Profile
hey fran who are your real estate friends ? i have heard you mentioned they are former nj.and land is not real over the moon in price. we are downsizing with no clue were we are going .but you sure make me want to aleast look into that sweet kentucky state of yours. let me know im on all your mailing lists. randi from jersey
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2006 :  2:47:22 PM  Show Profile
hey gurlfrenz .. thanks for re-visiting our olde kentucky home. it is lovlier than even in those photos, i do believe, since we moved here ... we've expanded and added porches .. built a shower deck behind the barn .. and we're getting ready to have the barn 'finished' inside .. then, other than expanding gardens, i do believe it to be quite perfect.

nance .. i do believe you are on my treasure seekers list .. haven't posted much on there lately .. been really busy trying to 'autumn-ize' my booth over at the antiques mall.

randi .. brad and cindy simmons aren't realtors, i don't think .. i know that they buy and sell property ... they have a web-site ... http://www.kylandsales.com/ ... check it out .. and if you contact them .. tell 'em "FRANNIE SENT ME".

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2006 :  2:54:40 PM  Show Profile
thank you franni! randi
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2006 :  8:33:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Frannie,
Nance has me intrigued - what is your treasure seekers list? Could any of them ever come all the way to Australia? Hope all is going well with you,
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2006 :  06:12:02 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
frannie,
i love hearing about your wonderful farm. i remember these photos in country living, didnt ever think i might know the folks who live in this house. even though i fuss at it the computer is a wonderful thing.
can you add me to your email list?
i hope so.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2006 :  07:18:37 AM  Show Profile
hi sister fran .. i'll sure be happy to add you to my 'kentucky ramblers' list .. jus' e-mail me with your e-mail address. xoxo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2006 :  07:37:25 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Your home seems lovely both before and after you purchased it.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2006 :  7:53:53 PM  Show Profile
thanks sunny ... i am told that the 'air' (aura) is much sweeter now. love and tranquility reside here. come visit!!! xoxo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Tammy
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Tammy
Radcliff Kentucky
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  4:52:42 PM  Show Profile
Frannie,
Hello I loved your story about Cabin Creek Farm. I don't even remember how I got to this site, but the more I read the more I became interested. I thought WOW I've been to Cabin Creek Farm several times before. My husband and I love to antique shop and one day we heard about an antique dealer opening a shop at Cabin Creek Farm so we dedcided to check it out. When we arrived there all we could say was "WOW". Didn't even know that the place exsisted. Anyway a lady by the name of Lexie was the one that lived there. I cannot even remember what we bought that day but it was a great experience being able to see the old cabin. We came back several times after that. One day when we were there, Lexie told us that the cabin was going to be sold and that she was going to get rid of most of her antiques. We bought a lot of stuff from her. She also gave us some things just to get rid of them. Some time after the cabin had been sold we had gone to Greensburg to visit the antique store there. I had noticed that there was a booth that had several tags that said Cabin Creek Farm on the them. (I know now that it was your booth) One of the pictures had a red watering can that had the words Cabin Creek Farm across it. I have that watering can.I also have two laminated pictures of your cabin that was featured in Country Living. I think that they should have stayed with the cabin. You are welcome to have them. Maybe some time when we go to Greensburg again I can leave them at the antique shop or drop them off to you. I would love to see the cabin again, it sounds like you all have done a lot of work. In your stories I read that you know Kathy from the Sugar Bucket. You are right she does have the BEST stuff. She lives not to far from us. (Small World isn't it) I also read that you had gone to Berea to some antique shops. Is that a good place to find antiques?? I have never been there. Again it was nice to hear your story and I am so glad that you get to live there. It sounds like it was meant for you to have. I would like to see pictures of the cabin if you can email them to me.

Take Care,
Tammy
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  5:53:58 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the 'Connection, Tammy! Isn't Cabin Creek Farm lovely? I've never been there in person, but I just love the photos, and our Frannie is such a great voice here - 'just love her, too!!! That is so amazing that you've been to her place, before it was "her" place! Small world, sometimes, isn't it?

Go on over to the Welcome Wagon forum and introduce yourself so we can give you a proper farmgirl welcome! Glad to have you!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Tammy
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Tammy
Radcliff Kentucky
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  6:02:10 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Libbie
I will do that. You all seem so nice.

Tammy
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  6:23:02 PM  Show Profile
welcome to the group Tammy!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  7:15:54 PM  Show Profile
hey miz libbie .. thanks for the sweetie pie words. you make my heart smile!

an' .. miz tammy .. you met the 'infamous' lexie! she had 'somewhat' put a contract on cabin creek farm i think the day it came on the market! she put a pile of money down .. to pay the balance in cash before year's end. she is a 'wild child' .. and oh yesssss .. an interesting person to say the least! she kept having the owner put it on the market .. then she'd take it off .. then on then off again ... and all this while, we were trying to buy it. she and i had a very good e-mailing and phone calling relationship .. finally, the owner just told me: "Frannie, you farm chicks seem to be in tune with each other .. talk some sense into her". Well, i just really told her to 'do the math' .. and got a promise from the owner to give her back her 'earnest money' if she did sell (that is what was holding her up .. even though the owner had promised to return it even though he didn't have to according to their contract). he is an honorable man .. and his family has become very very good friends of ours. i do like lexie a lot .. she finally got married and lives about an hour or so away from us.

i do have laminated copies of those photos .. but would love to have more!!! and oh my yessssssssss .. kathy sugarbucket is one of my very best buddies! have you seen the log cabin they put up by their home .. it is a shoppe .. AND .. kathy is opening a shoppe in bardstown this week! and she also has a booth at glovers' station! you should come visit there now .. it is all 'done up' for autumn .. lots of wonderfuls over there .. oh my gosh! you should see the VERY primitive 'broom straw cutter' i got there today .. kathy will pee her underoos when she sees i beat her to it!

you must come with me sometime to berea .. i'll show you my favorite shoppe!!!! i'll holler at kathy and tell her i met you 'at the farm'.

babies coming in the next coupla' weeks .. but after i get back home from hugging and kissing all of them .. come on over!!!

this friday and saturday is COW DAYS in Greensburg .. lotsa' fun and some of the booths are doing great 'sales' during it! let me know if you are heading this way .. i'll be roaming the streets .. unless i am in ohio or delaware with new babies! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2006 :  8:27:14 PM  Show Profile
What a gorgeous farm and what an amazing story. I love seeing dreams come true!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2006 :  9:10:53 PM  Show Profile
thanks liz .. come on down sometime for a visit! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2006 :  04:44:43 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,
I still have that issue because of the farm!
I love it... LUCKY YOU!
I'm sure it's hard work, but it looks like a labor of love.
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2006 :  07:16:08 AM  Show Profile
oh darlin' .. it isn't hard work at all .. cuz' .. it is so 'updated' .. ha! we even have 'indoor plumin' ... (have two sweet little bathrooms .. air conditioning .. all the modern day amenities. the changes we made were easy too cuz we just contracted the 'work' out to a very good PRIMITIVE "gurl-fren" of mine ... from Sugarbucket Antiques .. she is soooooooo clever! Anyway .. she and her husband and sons added a HUGE back porch ... a wonderful screened-in side porch .. an outdoor 'shower' porch .. and made the porch on the 'lower cabin' larger .. and put a tin roof over the little porch on the barn. they are now getting ready to 'finish' off the inside of the barn to make it actually 'liveable' like a one-room barn cottage. i so respect and love what she does .. i told her to 'design' everything .. and run her plans by me .. i've loved everything she has come up with.

what we have mostly done is 'play in the gardens'.

oh do come visit someday! xoxo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  05:57:19 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Oh My!!
Frannie, I joined after all this so I had not seen this post til now! What a wonderful story and a wonderful place!!! Oh thank you so much for sharing!! I love such stories!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  08:15:15 AM  Show Profile
talitha ... i hope you can come visit someday ... ha! i'll be up her in ohio for a couple weeks ... then probably head for delaware to visit our new GREAT GRANDSON .. who is due to be born in a couple weeks!!!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Tammy
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Tammy
Radcliff Kentucky
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  4:50:14 PM  Show Profile
Hey Frannie,
I saw Kathy today at her new shop in Bardstown. Looks really nice. I told her about meeting you here. She said a lot of nice things about you. She also told me some funny stories about some of the trips that you all have taken.

Take Care!
Tammy
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  5:49:07 PM  Show Profile
well ... i surely would have been there too if i were not here in ohio with our new baby grand-daughter! i have to give kathy a call tomorrow and tell her the good news! i can hardly wait to see her shoppe!

and oh my yessssss .. we have had some fun adventures together! next time .. you must come along! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Tammy
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Tammy
Radcliff Kentucky
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2006 :  06:08:06 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations! Grandchildren are truely one of God's most precious gifts. I have a Granddaughter who is two. She is the love of my life.

Tammy
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2006 :  5:36:54 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Frannie,
Thank you so very much! I would love to some day! And please be safe in your travels and congratualtions!!!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Cabin Creek Farm - Kentucky Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page