Page: of 83

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  05:50:16 AM  Show Profile
Hey ya'll, a big welcome to all our new friends. I do love the ladies on this thread. everyone is so open, welcoming and sharing.

just wanted to let you know I finally finished "the Way of the Hedge Witch". it's a lovely little book. lots of simple uncomplicated ritual and good information. she refers to "hearthcraft" as a spiritual path rooted in the belief that the home is a place of beauty,power, and protection, a place where people are nurtured and nourished on a spiritual basis as well as a physical and emotional basis. I enjoyed it a lot.

thanks for sharing yourselves and being here for each other. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  8:59:07 PM  Show Profile
Have y'all read Rebekah's city farmgirl blog today? She just wrote about an "a maze zen" labyrinth. Since there has been so much talk about them here, I thought I would shout out for everyone to check it out on MJ's home page.

Blessing and Light
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  11:00:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi all, thanks Heide for the heads up. I will check that out.

Our witchy sister Tamara(corporatefarmgirl) has a posting on family matters. She needs our healing and caring energies. just thought I would mention it in case you haven't seen it.

blessed be Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  05:01:46 AM  Show Profile
Hi everone, back early in the thread Tasha mentioned that she had set up a witchy chapter. I haven't been able to find it. don't know what I'm doing wrong in my search(a bit scatter brained I'm afraid). has anyone else had better luck(or more skill).

Everyone got big plans for the Solstice?? I'm still in the planning stage myself, probably a quiet day here.

brightest blessings to all. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  07:41:52 AM  Show Profile
I have been so busy that I haven't even had time to give it any thought. It will probably be another work day for me as it's strawberry picking season. Looks like another cloudy day here perhaps more rain - I am grateful for the rain as we are behind plus it gives me an excuse to work inside. I hope that Tamera is doing ok - what a blow to shake up ones life to that degree unexpectedly. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  08:03:53 AM  Show Profile
I guess I was under the impression that this is the Witchy/mystic farmgirl virtual chapter. . . and we all are a part of it.
I so hope everyone is going to take pics of their summer solstice alters. . .

h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  08:50:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Sheri mmmmmm fresh strawberries, it's past season here, I miss them already. but peaches are starting, yummmm. Heide, I just remember on the first page Tasha said she had started an online chapter and someone suggested it was a good thing in case there was something we didn't want to be so public. I know I'm in contact with a sister who is afraid to post here. I looked but hadn't found anything, but she has. said she had written Tasha. I know Tasha is up to her eyeballs at the moment, so this isn't meant to be a complaint or anything. just couldn't figure out if there was something I couldn't find.

anyway, I'm really thankful for this virtual chapter and all the sisters in it. Looking forward to pictures of everyones alters. Hugs Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  08:56:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi, I FOUND IT!!!!! if you go to the chapter search page and search for Witch Way Farmgirls, there it is. don't know why I couldn't find it before. i think I must have typed it in wrong. take care ya'll Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  09:48:26 AM  Show Profile
WoW I had no idea! Thanks Phyllis. I will go check it out. . .

I just plugged in my Holiday lites last night when I hostessed the Monthly Prosser WA FarmChick meeting here on our farm. In honor of Solstice. I thought I would share it with y'all. . . sorry about it being blurry, it was getting dark. . .

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  10:17:07 AM  Show Profile
~ i know most of you have seen my post in family matters. i am doing fine and i know so much of that comes from the strength within the knowledge of the power that women have. the other part comes from great ladies like you sending you thoughts and energies my way... blessings to you all! i will be enjoying my garden and communing with nature most of the weekend. I need this to energize my soul....

live well,
Tamara
www.thegoodearthfarm.com
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children" http://thegoodearthfarm.blogspot.com follow me!
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  10:21:44 AM  Show Profile
Hey Heide, love the picture!!! don't worry about the blurry bit, looks just like the world when i am not wearing my glasses. LOL> makes me think of fireflies. I am so enjoying fireflies this year. we didn't have them in Fla. I think of them as little fairies fluttering around. ; ). we have all these wonderful maple trees that I can just picture with lights in them. a wonderful shady spot in the back yard to put a spiral or labrynth(cannot spell today, LOL). Can you tell I'm just thrilled to be back in Tennessee?

glad we could find the chapter, I love this thread and all the ladies on it, and I think a virtual chapter would be really fun. Hope everone has a blessed Solstice. Hugs Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  12:49:35 PM  Show Profile
ok here is some clear pics of us getting ready for solstice. . .

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  12:54:25 PM  Show Profile
Can I come play too? I don't consider myself a "mystic" or a "witch" for that matter, but I am very intrigued with Paganism and everything Celtic and earth-based.

Molly
"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  1:18:30 PM  Show Profile
I've been away from FarmGirl Connection too long and can't guarantee I'll be able to spend much time here now, but I spotted this thread and did something very much like what the charming little girl in the picture directly above is doing! :) Total Witch here. I've got 18 pages of posts to catch up on, so I don't know if the initial question has been answered or not, yay or nay, but I'm all for creating a niche for Pagan FarmGirls here, our hosts permitting. #13;#10;#13;#10;Mara
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  1:22:55 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by GaiasRose#13;#10;
I know there are a few of us here. Shall we gather and have a virtual chapter?#13;#10;#13;#10;BB#13;#10;#13;#10;~Tasha#13;#10;#13;#10;
#13;#10;#13;#10;#13;#10;Merry meet! I'm posting way down on page 18 of this thread -- just found it after too much time away from this wonderful site. We've had lovely exchanges in the past. I look forward to more. And now? On to read the 18 pages of posts so I can catch up! You've obviously made magick happen :-)#13;#10;#13;#10;Mara
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  1:42:09 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi Mara
Hi Molly !!

Linda in Scranton, PA

The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world!
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  2:26:24 PM  Show Profile
Heide, oh how much fun you all look like you are having. the girls are just lovely!!!

Tamara, so good to hear you are planning a fun and recharging weekend. You deserve a break.

Welcome Molly and Mara!!! so glad to meet some more like minded sisters.

Linda, good to see you!!! how are you feeling? keep an eye on that B/P.

blessings ya'll Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  2:51:31 PM  Show Profile
Heide, it was so good to meet you and your children are darling! I love the pics and I didn't mind the blurry one a bit. I see that way with out my glasses too!

I wanted to wish you all a Merry Summer Solstice! please share pics!
Hugs to all!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

bsvgs
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Nica
Big Bend WV
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  5:17:11 PM  Show Profile
Wow, it took a long while to finally read through all these pages! Enjoyed hearing all your thoughts.

Oddly, ever since I moved into this new property last February, having a spiral herb/meditation garden in my backyard has been almost a compulsion. So this spring I began it as a 28'-diameter circular lasagna garden. It won't be ready for planting until next year, but the layers are down, I'm laying soaker hoses in a spiral, & I'll start the pathway as soon as I have more floor tiles &/or flat rocks to swirl around. I've taken pics of nearly every step so far, & would post the latest one, but I forget to upload it.

Blessings & peace,
Nica

"Follow your bliss...." -- mythologist Joseph Campbell
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  5:21:46 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
love the girl pics.
My BP is good on the new med....thanks for asking about me.

Linda in Scranton, PA

The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world!
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  5:38:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Mara and Molly, good to have you here. Oh those girls are sooo cute. Reminds me of when mine were little. I sure miss that time and those pretty little blond girls in summer dresses. Hope everyone has a Blessed Solstice. I plan to rest and visit with my poor injured daughter who has come home for fathers day.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  5:52:09 PM  Show Profile
Hey ya'll! What are people doing for solstice?
My daughter and I are going to make suns to hang on our nature branch over the table and then make our besom. My husband has to work a long day at the theater that day so we will have a solar breakfast for him! Then I plan to weave the final part of my outdoor loom before the heat of the day. Then we will have a bon fire by the river and enjoy the fireflies make their amour in the tops of the trees! Ah, summer is here!! Of course, it was 97 here in Atlanta so summer has been HERE for a week or so!

BB
Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  5:56:41 PM  Show Profile
Can someone tell me what a "besom" is?

Molly
"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  6:00:55 PM  Show Profile
A broom, traditionally made of twigs or heather and bound to a wooden handle, at least thats what I know it to be ...

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  6:03:27 PM  Show Profile
Molly - a besom is a broom. Usually made of materials that have some meaning to you and blessed for use in ritual or for decorating or protecting your home. They can be used symbolically for "sweeping negative energies from you home or whatever".

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page