ElizArtist
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Elizabeth
Newbury Park California
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  10:33:47 AM  Show Profile
Heide- taking advantage of the present will most assuredly help you to heal the past! The salty ocean water is one of the best healers I can imagine! That's why I can never live far from it.

I am so happy to have touched bases w/ this forum where we all speak the same language! : )

joyously dancing through life
Blog- http://elizabethland-elizabeth.blogspot.com/
Etsy- http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5295254
Go to Top of Page

Amy Warwick
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Amy
Oakesdale WA
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  11:44:06 AM  Show Profile
Heide,

Enjoy the ocean. It is truly healing. Memories, both good and bad only serve to give us stuff to write (and laugh) about later. You can turn, twirl, and make those who have treated you or others in a way that is inconsistent with the beauty you wish to see in the world dance a better dance and walk a better walk...or, you can obliterate them in fiction! :) Okay, not nice, but just a thought. As a fellow writer my advice would be embrace those memories and find the kernel of corn that you can sow in the field that you cultivate in order to make the memory produce fruit for your future writing endeavors. Have a safe relaxing trip and count on me to help in the field. I am looking forward to it!

Amy

For information on SUMMER SNOW please visit www.amywarwick.com

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it ~Aristotle
Go to Top of Page

Amy Warwick
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Amy
Oakesdale WA
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  08:12:15 AM  Show Profile
I would sure like an update on Tashas store opening. I know Heide is gone for the week, but where did everyone else go?
Amy
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  3:25:29 PM  Show Profile
Heide, thanks for the encouragement. I'm ready for those changes girl. LOL. Hope the trip is wonderful and you are having a great time.

Amy, sorry I tend to fall off the face of the earth for days sometimes. LOL. I do enjoy reading your posts and thank you for sharing your wisdom with us. I'm looking forward to reading your book, sounds like a winner.

blessings to everyone. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Amy Warwick
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Amy
Oakesdale WA
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  08:10:18 AM  Show Profile
Hey Witchy farmgirls!

I found it, I found it, I found it! My ring!!! Wave had a day out of the field yesterday because it rained and we were supposed to lay in bed and watch movies, however, he offered to help. I was just about to give up hope when we buried his wedding ring a couple of inches below the soil to see how it would read on the metal detector and how it would look when dug out of the earth. I was shocked at how obvious it was and Wave said, that is because rings are so heavy, they will pop right out of the light soil. So, I got a rake and began raking the grass (for which earlier I thought would just bury the ring, but he was right. Three swipes in and out it popped! I cried like crazy and Wave said, "throw it in the grass so I can see if I can find it with the metal detector." I thought he was out of his mind and would not take it off of my finger. On the way back to the house he said, "I don't know what you offered in return, but it must have been good."

Thanks for all of your advice on this little journey. On to the next life event...
Amy
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  09:07:51 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Amy Warwick

Hey Witchy farmgirls!

I found it, I found it, I found it! My ring!!!

That's wonderful news, Amy. I'll bet that ring will always have even more meaning for you now than it ever did. :-)
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  4:43:40 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Amy, I am so happy for you!

Linda in Scranton, PA

Put on the apron of humility.
1 Peter 5:5
Go to Top of Page

ElizArtist
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Elizabeth
Newbury Park California
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  10:54:30 PM  Show Profile
sweet!

Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  07:26:06 AM  Show Profile
Amy, that is wonderful!!!!! hugs Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Amy Warwick
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Amy
Oakesdale WA
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  2:38:49 PM  Show Profile
Thanks all. Now if we can get the rain to stop so that we can get the crop in, life will be good!
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  11:14:29 AM  Show Profile
PRAYER OF GRATITUDE TO THE TRICKY GODDESS OF BENEVOLENT MISCHIEF

All hail the Tricky Goddess of Benevolent Mischief, also known as the Cosmic Instigator of Healing Trouble. Let us praise and ratify her ingenious plan to turn the status quo upside-down.

The vivid exposure of greed, corruption, and delusion among the top echelons of the American political and financial hierarchy is a blessing on all of humanity.

The eruption of fertile chaos is making it difficult to carry on with business as usual, and we could not have received a more energizing gift.

A prayer:

Oh Wise Trickster Goddess, You Compassionate Conjurer of Relentless Change, You Righteous Rascal in Charge of Keeping a Steady Flow of Sacred Uproar Pouring into Our Lives:

Please continue to influence the masters of plutocracy and war and their media minions to be ever-more obvious as they spin out their perversions of your glorious creation, so that more and more of our sleeping tribe will wake up to the Open Secret.

Inspire the enforcers of mass hallucination to display their hypocrisy in an ever-escalating melodrama of spittle flecks and sour faces, as in a slapstick morality play from the Middle Ages, so that we, their captive audience, may convulse with purgative guffaws that shatter the mass hallucination.

And if you don't mind, Sweet Divine Rebel Goddess, please allow us to nurture a spark of hope that the breakdown in the Way Things Have Always Been Done will lead to fresh, hot, tidal-wave breakthroughs of beauty, truth, justice, equality and love everywhere we turn.

And now, in my capacity as Sacred Janitor of the Invisible Government of Sweaty Meditation,
I hereby declare the entire United States of America a Temporary Autonomous Zone.

As formulated by writer Hakim Bey, a Temporary Autonomous Zone (TAZ) is any festive event that liberates the imaginations of everyone present, thereby making it possible for life to be penetrated by the Marvelous. Authority and dignity and routine have no place at a TAZ; an uninhibited quest for rabble-rousing conviviality must be the only guideline. (See Bey's website.)

Here are a few suggestions, mostly from Bey, to get you started in creating your own local celebration of TAZ.

Organize a strike in your school or workplace on the grounds that it does not satisfy your need for indolence and spiritual beauty. Burglarize houses, but instead of stealing, leave behind beautiful and confusing gifts. Spread gossip about the unsung genius of people who don't get nearly enough credit for their good work. Take a few friends and a boom box to an all-night grocery store and engage in ecstatic, whirling dervish-style dancing in the aisles until you're thrown out. Scrawl the following graffiti in courthouse lavatories and on playground walls: "I dare you to scare yourself with how beautiful you are."

Scrawl the following poem by Hafiz (translated by Daniel Ladinsky) in courthouse lavatories, on playground walls, and through e-mail lists:

AT THIS PARTY

I don't want to be the only one here
Telling all the secrets --

Filling up all the bowls at this party,
Taking all the laughs.

I would like you
To start putting things on the table
That can also feed the soul
The way I do.

That way
We can invite
A hell of a lot more
Friends.

Text penned by the Infamous God of All Things Wise and Wonderful, Rob Brezsny
Images by Antero and Sylvi Alli
Wild, weird and wacky design by momcat---enjoy yourself!

Best,
h

"Anyone can count the seeds in an apple but only a Goddess knows how many apples are in a seed." ~anonymous
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  7:16:34 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,

Every month when it gets to be "that time" I suffer horribly from hormonal migraines. I am dealing with one right now, and I have not found any over-the-counter pain medication that will take it away for me. Can any of you wonderful witches please give me some ideas for a natural way to rid myself of these??

Blessings and love,

Molly - Farmgirl #625
"As waves upon my head the circling curl, So in the sacred dance weave ye and whirl. Dance then, O heart, a whirling circle be. Burn in this flame - is not the candle He?" -Rumi
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  7:32:49 PM  Show Profile
Okay, ladies. I am very new to "witchery". Any ideas on where I should start? This is Oklahoma, after all, and I don't even know which way to turn for education or advise. There is a new age store up the road here, but they confuse me. Is there any reading or anything I should do to start out? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  10:38:10 PM  Show Profile
Molly, I have found that a tea made from Thyme is really great for migraines.

Gratefully living on the "fat of the land".
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  11:38:03 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by KayB

Okay, ladies. I am very new to "witchery". Any ideas on where I should start?

Welcome, Kay! Bright blessings. Where to start depends on where you're coming from. Can you tell us what inspired your interest in Witchcraft?
Go to Top of Page

Peacebird
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Marianne
Afton Va
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  04:14:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kay! Basically - when the heart is open, it is amazing what will appear. When I started I found that books would almost fall off the shelves to catch my eye - being one who loves to read, that was my path. Yours may be something totally different! But open your heart to life and magick happens!
bright blessings,
m

Farmgirl Sister #661

chickens clucking, bees buzzing, flowers blooming, all is good!
Go to Top of Page

ElizArtist
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Elizabeth
Newbury Park California
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  08:37:32 AM  Show Profile
Molly- about the migraines, I went through those for years while in my 30's. I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing them. I tried a lot of things, natural and chemical. Since you are getting your migraines cyclically you know it is a hormone imbalance. The best thing I did was go to see a nurse practitioner who specialized in hormones and I went on natural progesterone from my ovulation until my moon time to help balance my hormones.

You can also do the practice of warming your hands at the beginning of a migraine, if you do it early it can help. You just warm up a towel in the microwave or use a hot water bottle and keep your hands warm...for some reason it works. In general, you should be taking a good quality vitamin specifically designed for women. I recently started buying my vitamins from Vitacost online the prices are much better than the health food stores. http://www.vitacost.com/?csrc=PPCADW-vitacost&s_kwcid=TC%7C3001%7Cvitacost%7C%7CS%7Ce%7C3784527371

you could also try chaste berry also called Vitex, and evening primrose oil. Also, you should read woman's bodies women's wisdom by Christiane Northrup.

Kay a book I absolutely LOVE and you may enjoy too is the Daughters of Copper Woman by Anne Cameron. It's not about "witchery" but Women's sprituality from a native American perspective. I saw it on Amazon for only $7!

Go to Top of Page

Amy Warwick
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Amy
Oakesdale WA
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  11:25:38 AM  Show Profile
Heide,

Loved the advice on your blog. So cute, so sweet. If more were done to give goodness in the arena of gossip, the better off we women would all be! I want to challenge each of you today to say something kind to one of your girlfriends and invoke the name of one a woman who has been cast out into a conversation with those who like to cast. If you've read my book, you know how devilish I can be when it comes to gossip and turning the tides on those who seek to destroy. I often talk to my girlfriends and try and ignite a spark of curiosity about someone in or outside of the circle whom they have oppressed. You all recall high school cliques right? We all know that they still exist for us women (at least in small towns). I will often invite someone they will never invite to a girls night or say something fantastic about a gal that others seem to be set against. Opening the eyes of one can change the fate of many.

Best to you all, and Heide, thanks for doing the goddesses work!

Amy
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  2:44:13 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Amy! What nice things to say.

I have to tell you ladies, I got the balls today to do something I never thought I would. Years ago I made a 4 minute long film (I am an animator) about a woman leaving an abusive marriage. Well thanks to y'all I finally got the nerve to publish it on the web. It was made to be scary; I think it is funny but I can't wait to see what y'all think.

So please go check it out and comment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmz2hwfKL9Q&feature=channel

Best,
h

"Anyone can count the seeds in an apple but only a Goddess knows how many apples are in a seed." ~anonymous
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  11:21:53 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, thank you for all those suggestions. I found that book on Amazon and I'm going to order it! The vitamins are really inexpensive through that website. I'm going to read up more on those two you mentioned. Thank you again!

Molly - Farmgirl #625
"As waves upon my head the circling curl, So in the sacred dance weave ye and whirl. Dance then, O heart, a whirling circle be. Burn in this flame - is not the candle He?" -Rumi
Go to Top of Page

Amy Warwick
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Amy
Oakesdale WA
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2009 :  07:08:07 AM  Show Profile
Heide,
Wow. Impressive. Scared the tar out of me! It is read very well. Very interesting indeed. Good for you for posting it!
Amy

For information on SUMMER SNOW please visit www.amywarwick.com

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it ~Aristotle
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2009 :  2:03:24 PM  Show Profile
About the migraines, you can use lavender and clary sage essential oils and rub it on your temples and lie down. You have to get it early though. Use five drops per 1/2 oz or carrier oil. Or you if you really don't like the smell you can put it on the bottoms of your feet.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

ElizArtist
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Elizabeth
Newbury Park California
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2009 :  3:24:03 PM  Show Profile
Beth-do you have a good source for organic essential oils that you like? I love using them but haven't bought any lately.
Molly-you are welcome, I'm happy to help
everyone else- I hope you are enjoying the summer as much as I am (or even more)!!

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2009 :  3:32:09 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Amy! I was trying to make it scary. You know how women are always victimized in horror flicks? Well I was trying to empower the ladies.

Molly, as for your migraines, I wanted to share with you an excerpt out of one of my favorite metaphysical books, "Heal Your Body" by Louise Hay

"Migraine
Negative thought pattern that could cause the headaches: Dislike of being driven. Resisting the flow of life. Sexual fears(can usually be relieved by masturbation.)

Positive mantra to repeat outloud: I relax into the flow of life and let life provide all that I need easily and comfortably. Life is for me."

I hope that helps. You can order her book online and I find it extremely helpful.

Well we are off to have a huge bon fire party tonight.
Hope y'all are finding something to celebrate.

Best,
h

Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2009 :  3:36:22 PM  Show Profile
You open to Druids? I'm a Peregrine Druidess...

http://www.mandochicks.com
http://www.mandolinbabe.com
@MandolinChick on Twitter
fingerpickin Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page