halfpintfarm
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

lisa
nc
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  5:31:18 PM  Show Profile
I love it! I have looked at all the beautiful pictures and can't wait to pour over the words. I am so going to make an outpost in my backyard and am on the hunt for something to use as a tub!! I did read the article about the outlaw chicken farmers (as I am one too) and the outlaw clothes lines. I live in an HOA that also prohibits the use of clothes lines. It is suppose to be there to protect us but all I see it doing is taking my rights away while the ones on the board and their friends spend time tattling on everyone. How is that productive?! With the economy the way it is and more houses than I care to count in my community with foreclosure stickers you think they will give it a rest.

homeschooling mama trying to live my farm life dream on our half acre.

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  9:12:05 PM  Show Profile
I'm considering becoming an outlaw too-no poultry is allowed in my town (though I know of one person who has a pet turkey) and a new Farm & Home just opened in--you guessed it--my town. They have chicks and I know that me and my neighbors would love fresh eggs. However, one of my neighbor's is a lawyer's son and--need I say more? Maybe I could keep them in the basement (shhh--don't tell!)
Cindy
PS--I just got the Outpost book about two weeks ago and I love the account of how MaryJane caught the trout by tickling them...
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  07:44:43 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Lisa, you will love it. I have had all three of MaryJane's books for over a year now and it is still my favorite past-time. I think everytime I open them I find a new little treasure, something I want to do or try or make....

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/http://renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  11:59:43 AM  Show Profile
Lisa, Glad to have you aboard. I am also in NC. What is Moyock close to? I don't believe I have heard of that before

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  03:05:00 AM  Show Profile
I just ordered that book yesterday! I can't wait to read it! I have been wanting an outdoor tub forever and I think that I have finally settled on getting one of those big galvanized troughs from Tractor Supply. One of the farmgirls here named Rosemary has one already set up and a photo of it on her blog. I could have used it at the farm this weekend. It seems like every time we go down the shower is broken because some pipes froze.

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic I got my Outpost book today Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page