Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Try This
 Finding or making glaze for wall painting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Try This: Previous Topic Finding or making glaze for wall painting Next Topic  

bsvgs
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Nica
Big Bend WV
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  07:55:49 AM  Show Profile

I have an interestingly smoky green/teal shade of paint left over from my work on the laundry room, & I'd like to use a modified version of the color in my rather small bathroom. But the shade is too dark for an overall color.

After considering & rejecting lots of ideas, I've decided to try using this color as a base, then over-paint areas of it w/ a translucent silverish glaze. Theoretically, the glaze would simultaneously: (1) lighten the shade of teal, (2) add an eye-catching effect, & (3) create a fluid "watery" look. Okay, that's the idea, anyway.

The problem is, in my new rural neck of the woods here in central WV, not even the few name-brand paint stores (like Sherwin Williams) sell this sort of glaze, even though the companies make it. And stores such as Lowes & Home Depot don't carry it. I don't want to order some over the 'net, because of s/h charges.

Has anyone made a glaze for walls, & had success? There are formulae on websites, using (I think) clear glaze, some color paint, etc. Any suggestions for me would be greatly appreciated!

Nica
  Try This: Previous Topic Finding or making glaze for wall painting Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page