Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  08:18:55 AM  Show Profile
I bought some Amish butter yesterday. It wasn't cheap, but I hang my wash and keep the heat down low but I will spend $7 for 2 lbs. of butter. I am so going to make some shortbread this afternoon! I thought of all of you this morning sitting on my porch this morning. It was just cool enough to be crisp! I thought of brownies and tea!!!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  10:23:35 AM  Show Profile
Oh My Tammy, those brownies were good. You'll have to bake more for later. No calorie brownies, I'm in Heaven. LOL. Does anyone own a bike. Teresa, maybe you could bring a bike, or Alee... I'd love to go for a bike ride, maybe burn a few of those no-calories. LOL. What a beautiful day it is on the porch.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  1:42:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh, all this talk of brownies and shortbread, makes me want to get baking! But, I think I'll linger a bit longer on the porch.
Got my bike leaning against the railing, i'm game for a ride!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
http://www.glitterandgrunge.com/ (turner hill studio)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurnerHillStudio/
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  3:48:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh April,
Egg casserole sounds great! I love to make that stuff!!!
I love sitting here on this porch and getting to know all of you, the weather on the porch is sooo much better then here!
I am getting ready to make some good old chammomile tea, my favorite. I have plenty for all, there is still some coffee in the thermos, so help yoursleves and lets enjoy each others company!

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  3:52:32 PM  Show Profile
Mmmmm! I'm drinking green ginger tea and enjoying the sunshine here. Feeling a bit better today. I've been going through all of my garden seeds that I have and making lists from seed catalogues! I'm dreaming of spring =) *waving a big hello to all of you sweet ladies*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  5:43:57 PM  Show Profile
Brownies without calories are always good Marly...how about a bike ride and then we can have some more...hehehhe

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  5:44:44 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh don't mind me, I am just sitting back here listening to you all and crocheting. I would love a cup of tea though.
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  6:04:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girls!
Julia I'm ready for the bike ride. Are there bears around here? I sure hope not. I've seen the shows on National Geographic where the momma bear attacks these hikers or bike riders. We have to be careful. LOL. Tammy- good idea, a bike ride to burn the no calories, then eat more no calorie brownies. So good!!!!! Hi Channah. I started a new crochet afghan last night. It's a ripple stitch afghan. No special colors, just all left over yarn of all colors. I'll bring it next time I'm on the porch. Julia lets go on that bike ride. See y'all later girls.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  05:53:53 AM  Show Profile
I heard that chocolate is calorie free. So after those brownies lets head over to my place, lots of fog today, and lets take photos of the trees. I love the way the crystals outline everything, and the picked clean sunflowers look like huge sparkly stars.

www.muckingbootsandmagic.blogspot.com

www.meadowcrone.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CalicoCat
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

April
Oakland County MI
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  06:27:31 AM  Show Profile  Click to see CalicoCat's MSN Messenger address  Send CalicoCat a Yahoo! Message
If anyone will be on the porch tonight in an area with clear skies, it is going to be a very bright, full moon... the largest it will appear from Earth all year. It was already quite bright last night, and bouncing off the snow, everything had this bluish glow about.

So, let's have a late evening date here; bring your afghans and a mug of hot tea. It should be beautiful. :-)

~April
http://aprilsatelier.wordpress.com/
Sisterhood #: 594
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  06:36:33 AM  Show Profile
I'll be there for sure. Hope you sisters on the bike trip have fun. Last year I sold a tandem bike and now I could kick myself! It would be so much fun to have it on the winding roads of KY when we move there for good after dh retires.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  09:04:30 AM  Show Profile
Have to share a little story with you ladies. Couple days ago was doing some major housecleaning. My grandson came over to stay with me a bit as mommy and daddy were going to the doctors. ( Little Landon will be joining his brother begining of May) Lliam is 1 1/2 and so full of energy. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the back door. I tried to interest him in some toys so I could finish my chores but he would have none of it. So I gave in, took his hand and headed out back. He was sooo excited, he ran across my back yard to the far back where my hens live. I live in the city so Laverne and Shirley are the extent of my livestock. The hens seems as glad to see him as he was to see them. He stood outside their enclosure yelling "bocka bocka" which is his chicken speak for "Lets play". I just sat on the back step and laughed. He then had to yell woof woof at the neighbors dog that were barking at him through the fence. I sat and watched him talk to the chickens, dogs and the occasional airplane for almost an hour. I finally got up and swept the dirt he had tracked into my kitchen with his running in and out, only to look behind me to see him helping by sweeping my patio up. What a morning! And if I had not let him drag me out into the sunshine I would have missed a beautiful moment with my grandson. Housework will always be there but these sweet grandchild memories only come around so often before they grow up and move on. So as Lliam would say "Bocka Bocka", Lets play a little today. Think I will get out my bike and join you ladies for a ride. It's going to be a beautiful day!

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.

Edited by - MarionCountryGirl on Jan 29 2010 09:06:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  09:21:52 AM  Show Profile
That was a wonderful reminder to live in the moment!Thanks for sharing.

Michelle

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  09:45:03 AM  Show Profile
Well ladies, its finally drying up enough to be comfy walking around out here, But, Marly, me and bike riding, lol, we just won't go there. During the rain storms, had to wear my slicker to sit on the porch each morn, other wise woulda been really wet and cold. My hubby used to say on morns like this, get out the extra large slicker, so we can cuddle under it, without gettin soaked to the bone and no one knows what we're doing under here, LOL!!! The only time I ever missed my sunrises, were when my babies were born, and I'm gonna make sure the last thing I do on this earth, is sit and watch my sunrise, and dream about seeing my sweet man again.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  2:13:05 PM  Show Profile
Marla, loved your story. I have a 16 month old grandson, who is my delight. I seehim at least once a week, not enough but... anyway, yesterday he pointed to his mama's cell phone, said please in sign language, then said 'nana'. She called, and I heard, with mama's prompting, 'hi, nana'. Nothing better.

So ready for that bike ride. Idon't think we need to worry about bears here. I hear they are quite friendly and polite. Let's go!!!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  4:32:12 PM  Show Profile
Teresa:
I'll ride you on the back of my bike, I have a sit down bar. LOL. Yes, taking pictures would be really nice. We can all start a scrapbook of the porch. Sorry I can't chat tonight on the porch. I have lots to do. Later.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  5:44:08 PM  Show Profile
I am very disapointed, the "Wolf Moon" is tonight, the largest, and brightest full moon of the year, and its too cloudy for me to see it, dad gumit anyway...

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  6:06:03 PM  Show Profile
Last night the moon was just beautiful! Teresa, I guess riding on the back of my bike is out. LOL.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  7:05:18 PM  Show Profile
I just saw the wolf moon and it is beautiful...but I only looked for a moment..it is very cold out...a mere one degree...so I am hopping back on the porch for some tea and passing out some more no calorie brownies...all that bike riding earlier made me hungry.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  8:37:50 PM  Show Profile
It was raining here in MS so I couldn't see the moon. I wish I could ridea bike where I live. I was in bed today with a cold so the porch will have to keep until tommorrow!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2010 :  05:06:57 AM  Show Profile
I'm sitting here with my morning coffee and wishing we were all on the porch. I have an afgan I'm working on so will bring that along. I do love those rocking chairs while crocheting, but and ready for a little hike to see if anything is growing yet? I brought some breakfast casserole for this chilly Saturday morning.

I enjoy chatting with my friends.
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2010 :  08:01:48 AM  Show Profile
breakfast casserole sounds wonderful! I really want to learn to crochet. I have all my Nana's knitting and crochet needles. I found a beautiful orange Persian cat on my back porch this morning just meowing her heart out!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2010 :  10:32:29 AM  Show Profile
Missed the moon last night, too cloudy.
A nice hot cup of tea, a good book, and a rocker sounds good. So wanting to do some handwork, but still have weeks to go till my arm is healed up. It is driving me crazy! In the mean time, I'll just listen to the gentle click of knitting needles, and the tugging of thread while you girls work on your projects.

St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2010 :  05:26:07 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! I hope everyone is keeping warm on the porch today. I have my afgan that I'm crocheting on my lap. I'm sipping coffee and dreaming about the gardens. There's a fresh pot of coffee, a teapot of chamomile tea and some hot chocolate ready for you.
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.
Go to Top of Page

kentuckywoman
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Majal
Ashland KY
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2010 :  10:01:45 AM  Show Profile
Morning! I am curled up on the couch with a sweet little dog and soup. I'm looking through seed catalogs and dreaming of warmer weather! We got about 8 inches here in Kentucky yesterday.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page