Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  9:15:41 PM  Show Profile
Hey porchies!!

Sounds like everyone is movin in a forward direction! That's always good to hear.

Pam... I have family like that. They drive me crazy and I avoid them like the plague! I have thought about movin farther away several times, but I never seem to do it.

Well, I've caught up my laundry and dishes. The house is still messy, but it's acceptable for now. I am workin on takin down all the Christmas decorations, so the house will be messy for awhile more.

We got a little snow today, just a half inch. It's supposed to get warm agian tomorrow though, so it will melt off. I've been waitin for the ground to freeze so I can put in my early spring peas, but it's not cooperatin with me! I don't want them sproutin right now and then winter finally settin in and killin them off. If I'd believed my dad I would have planted some late fall peas and been pickin them right now, but I didn't want to waste my seed with money bein so tight.

I've been plannin my garden and I'm gettin pretty antsy to get out there and get started. I have everything ready, but the calander is movin so slow! I can't hardly wait. I even have the trays and greenhouse ready for the starts with a heater settin in it just waitin to be turned on. I have had to restrain myself from 'dry plantin' the seeds and then just waterin them when I'm ready for them to start!

I'm gonna get off here and go through my seeds agian. I've just about talked myself into orderin some kale seed since I'm out. We didn't get much production from it inour garden the last few years, I guess the ground just isn't right for it. I might try it agian since we are addin a bunch of manure and compost in the spring.

Catch ya all tomorrow!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  08:36:24 AM  Show Profile
Good morning porchies,
Today is my last day off. Tomorrow I head back to my little butterflies. I am sure they will be filled with much to tell me about their vacation. It is a short week though and I am thankful for that as we get back into routine.

Today I am just enjoying with Jax and my tea. did yall know January is National Hot tea month? Just thought you might want to raise your teacup up in a cheer.

well dryer just went off so I must go fold some clothes.

check back in later.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  09:44:44 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, I don't know how to use Publisher BUT a friend of mine heard about my desire for a logo and contacted me. Turns out she used to be a graphics designer and she knows someone who does it now and very resonably. So I may have that little problem solved! Now I just need to get my supplies and get to work. LOL She's going to help me with the whole marketing aspect, that's where she excels and honestly.... well I don't. She has a store I can sell in for a very fair commission and maybe she'll even help me with Etsy or Ebay or something similar. I have NO idea what I'm doing but I'm going to try anyways.

Went to an acupuncturist yesterday. WOW that helps. I'll be going once a week for a few weeks to see how it goes but I already know it is going to be a good thing. Have my follow up appointment with the ND on Thursday so I get to drive to Portland again. Looking forward to finding out what he discovered and what his protocol is going to be. I'm ready to be on the trail of healing. :D

Tammy, enjoy your day off and your tea with your cuddly puppy. :) We started school back up yesterday. My children are studiously doing their work right now. I go from teacher, to housekeeper in a blink of an eye!!!

Penny, so glad you are healing.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  09:55:50 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly, good luck on your new project. I hope it does what you want. As far as ebay and etsy, I found ebay to be more expensive than etsy as far as putting things up for sale. Ebay people are looking for the "deal". Etsy people will buy quality if you have a good description and photo. Good luck!

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  10:19:47 AM  Show Profile
OK...Kimberly I am confused. I thought you were going into doing Office Work/Bookkeeping from home. Now it sounds like you are going to do craft sales?
It is easy to confuse an Old Lady! LOL
Whatever you do I am sure you will do great at it. You have good drive and motivation going for you and a need to make your life work for the best of your family.

Bunny.. so are you enjoying some down time??? I hope so! I loved the tea you sent (Keep forgetting to tell you) is the Jasmine blended with Lavender? I taste a hint of it. It is a nice mellow, relaxing tea. I usually drink it before bed. Nice choice you made for all of us!

We need someone to Hostess the Tea Swap again this year...that was fun.

Teacher Tammy...I just had Bella & Snickers groomed on Sunday. They look so cute when they are clipped. Bella looks so tiny when you get rid of all her long curly black hair.
Her Father...had long black tight dredlocks. Bella is the only one of the pups that inherited a little bit of that. When her hair gets long it is very wavy.
We are finally getting Snickers groomed into the Scotty Look. It takes about 8 months before they can start cutting them that way. We don't let his skirt hang to the floor...but he does look like a Scottish Terrier now.

Hey Penny...glad to hear that you are doing so much better girlfriend. We have missed you! ~ hey girl, do you know about the Christian Bible Study going on? Thought with you being MIA for awhile you might not know. If you are interested go to the forum Across The Fence and check it out.

I sent out a possie of one...to find out why Miss Miranda has been MIA. Hope she is OK.

Angela...you crack me up...thinking about your garden already. Don't get me wrong...I love to garden and produce good food for my family...but I also love the break from the work during the Winter Months. I have always believed..."everything in it's season". There is a time to rest and a time to plant. lol

Hope you get a lot of "loven on your litte angel". He sounds like a sweet baby. Enjoy Him!

Well, one of our very own Porchies has just been named FGOTM...go to the Across the Fence and discover who it is. I am sure you will all want to congratulate her and send her a little gift and card.

More later girls...must go take down my Christmas Tree before it is Valentine's Day and I am still looking at it. Hee Hee!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 03 2012 10:21:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  11:02:02 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies! Hope everybody is having a good day. It was 17' when I woke up this morning with a windchill factor of 4' - brrr. Glad I got that new long down coat a couple weeks ago. The dogs don't even want to go outside when it's this cold.

I was blessed to have yesterday off from work. I was supposed to have a massage but she was sick so she rescheduled it for Wednesday. I'm seriously needing it. My left shoulder/clavicle area has been spasming something aweful. We took the tree down and rearranged the furniture to where it was before the tree went up. We had to move a foot stool out to make room for the coffee table. Went and did some yarn shopping for the hat order I have. Hope she likes what I found. I got irritated with Michael's - before the holidays they took multiple coupons but yesterday they refused to take more then one per person per day. They're as bad as JoAnns. I also decided to make some more soap - chocolate mint this time - think york peppermint patty. I can't wait to get home, unmold it, and slice it to see how it turned out. I was trying for a layered affect but it didn't work so I went for the swirl look. I'll take pics after I get it sliced up.

Bunny - another porchie? Sweet! I'll have to check it out.

Well it's been a busy morning and it's almost time to leave work. Hope everybody has an awesome evening. I'll try and get pics posted of the soap if it turned out well.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  12:40:40 PM  Show Profile
Well it isn't as pretty as I'd hoped but it smells divine! The swirl pattern didn't go all the way down. I'll have to work on that.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  12:55:59 PM  Show Profile
Oooohhh - I can almost smell it from the picture! What could be better than chocolate and mint!
I bet it is wonderful!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  2:34:24 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations ladies! Y'all have been doing quite a lot. Since I live so far south I did my first plantings today. Outside I planted 3 different lettuces, mustard greens, and atomic red carrots. Inside I started calendula, eggplant, and orange bell peppers. My next plantings won't be until the middle and end of February. Really crossing my fingers that the rabbit poop in the compost will help the soil. I called the library today and it looks like there won't be any openings for the bee class this time around. I'm not too disappointed since there's so many other projects I can work on. Never a dull moment around here. No new bunnies yet but looking here and there when I get a chance. The soap looks yummy! My only advice for selling things online is to make what you love. Even if it's only one of them. It's easy to get in a rut and make only one thing, but then I start getting tired of making it. This year I will focus more on one of a kind items and only a few repeat items. Hope you ladies are having a good year so far!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

NeeNee
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

WhiTTneY
South point Ohio
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  3:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Send NeeNee a Yahoo! Message
[quote]Originally posted by pegsmiles

Hello My Porchies...

WELCOME WHITTNEY!!! You girls just jump right in and chat. I would
only go back about 3 or 4 pages to catch-up...not all 428 pages...good grief that would be like reading a mini-series! LOL

OK well im whittney i was born in wv grow up on a farm in southern OH, ive grow up with the animals an fresh veg my hole life, my Mamaw bakes, cooks, and cans everything see can get her hands on. my father makes his own salsa an hot sauce an bbq sauce. so i do indeed love to bake an cook. ive got away from it since ive gotten married cause we move around alot with the hubbie being in the marines. we date through high school an got married my senior year, weve been living in sothern calie for the passed 6 years but a 2 differnt bases. we just moved to joplin mo area an hope to be here for 3 year, god willing. but im tring to get back to the way thing are truely ment to be, an not depend on other for things. I love ol primitve, colonial,ol americana/military an antiques. i grow up with my MaMaw quilting an i want to start doing that.theres just something about making thing yourself, makes it more meaning full. i like to sew. im resently getting started on a apron. i love harvest time an the fall. the colors, the fresh crisp cool air, the pumpkin OMGoodnes the Pumpkin I love it. I love the rain. so im gowing to shut my Pie hole an let everyone else talk , lol im so glad to be here.

FaRmGirL SiStEr# 3203
~ The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. ~
~A Bible That is falling apart Probably belong to someone who isnt~
*Being fueled with self-determination can make us strive for great things.*

http://my2.tupperware.com/whittneyc
http://hislilwildflower.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  4:05:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I hope that everyone had a really good holiday season filled with happiness and joy, and most importantly, fun! I had a really good Christmas, I was in Michigan with my Mom's family. We had a really good time, and all of my Mom's brothers were there, which was nice because since my Mom's one brother is married and living in Atlanta, it's rare that the entire family is all together. For New Year's my Mom had to work, so I went with my boyfriend to a friend of his family's and we had a little game night for New Year's. It was a lot of fun, and it was also the first time I played Pictionary! But now I'm back at school. Exams are next week, so pretty much all my homework time will be spent preparing for exams. I really need to pull up my math grade, but otherwise all is well!
Also, I feel really bad that I haven't been keeping up with Porch birthdays, as I told Darlene a while back that I would, so I'm going to start a new list of birthdays and addresses for anyone who would like to be included on the list. Anyone is welcome to send their info to me, and then I'll compile a list this weekend!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  6:02:58 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies :)

Natesgirl & FarmDream - wow - I can't believe planting (or even thinking of it!) in January! Generally we have a good couple of feet of snow by this time, not to mention the temperature at a wonderful -20C/-5F, and on a few days, you get the -40C/F lol. I don't know what I'd do without my distinct seasons. Probably go a little crazy in not knowing what to do! lol (This year is a little nuts in that we have very little snow - no chance of flooding this year! - & it's only hitting -10C/17F once a week or once every week & a half.)

tea_lady_tammy - I actually emailed you tonight!

Kimberly - I had acupuncture a few years ago for my shoulders when my tendonitis was acting up & I can't say I really felt anything different. But I was also getting therapy for it, so that might have had something to do with not really feeling the effects of it.

Rosefairiemom - I absolutely love getting massages from my friend Jen. She is the best I have been to. I've been to a local one but she's not as strong as Jen. After Jen, I go home (well, to Mom's) & feel like a puddle lol. I love it. I wish I could go more often. I have to say your soap looks wonderful! I love it!

Welcome NeeNee! Your nickname reminds me of my sister. When we were growing up I couldn't pronounce her name entirely & so I called her "Ree Ree", which she now hates lol. When I have kids, I'm going to call her Aunty Ree & see what happens :p.

Megan - it's not so much fun to go back to school after Christmas, is it? I liked the break from college, but then to go back & have all that work again...ugh. Glad to hear your doing so well though. Keep it up!

Well ladies, I think I should go find something to make for a meal tomorrow and/or supper tonight - tea & cookies just doesn't make a meal, does it? No matter how good the buttered rum tea is & the homemade sugar cookies from my cousin are....it's just not a meal...

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  8:05:00 PM  Show Profile
...Gosh....awwww shucks....*turning red*...blubbering.....at a loss for words....
PeggyAnn.....Thank You so much for the Honor of being MJ-FGOTM! I was sooooo shocked,was on the phone with Mama at the time I got your e-mail and went to look.....and there was my name...ME!!!
WOW!!! ThankYouThankYouThankYou!!
(she is a sneaky stinker) LOLOL
Love Ya Girl!

....Ok...I've been thinking about the "TeaBags" Tea Swap too and wondering how many gals would be interested in doing it again!/? We really did enjoy all the tea varieties you all shared last year,plus the tea poems, recipes and little tuck-ins. Any takers? We need 12 girls. Each girl will pick a month and send out 11 bags of her favorite tea to the other 11 girls on the list, along with any tea trvia, poems, recipes, whatever you want. You'll enjoy some very nice teas,some you may have never thought of, that the others have selected to share with you. What do ya say?

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  8:09:05 PM  Show Profile
How does the tea swap work exactly?
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  8:31:23 PM  Show Profile
Well.....pick any month...I will keep track and let you know what is taken.Then when they are all full,I will close the sign-up.When your month comes up,you will send a tea bag or 2 ...your choice & any tuck-in or recipe to go with tea or poem(anything that's small enough to mail w/o using extra postage...we just want something in the mail each month besides those pesky bills...hahaha)Then you mail the envelopes out to each girl on the list-for a total of 11 envelopes.We got some interesting teas...some I'd never seen here in Ohio...and a pleasant little hug-smile-and pick-me-up at just the right time...when we needed it most.
....just think about it! Let me know! It was fun! Right Gals?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  9:08:24 PM  Show Profile
I'd like to be in agian! I'd like to have September. Hopefully the weather will be more cooperative this year and I'll be able to make my homemade teas agian. I'm sure missin them in this cold weather!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  08:27:40 AM  Show Profile
Awwwww Angela, I bet you are! Ok Angela has Sept!
I'll take February, my Birthday month! It's nice to share something with my Buddies on my Birthday, just like we use to bring treats to school and pass them out on our special day. Did any of you do that too?
Ok...anybody else....?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  09:47:28 AM  Show Profile
Judy - I'll do it. Can I have November since it's my birthday month?

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  10:06:01 AM  Show Profile
Whitney - Welcome! Always nice to see a new porchie face. I'm prior Navy myself and currently work for the Army so I understand military trials and tribulations.

Meagan - maybe one of these times you're up here visiting we'll have to get together for tea or something - maybe a Greenfield Village meetup or something.

Little warmer this morning - 28' when I got up with a high today of 36'. Tomorrow we're supposed to get to 40' - a heatwave! We're having flurries off and on - sort of a snowglobe effect - pretty but no accumulation.

Today's my massage. I totally agree, I also turn into a warm puddle of pudding afterwards. It will be a curl up on the couch and knit night. I have a fabulous massage therapist that's a friend also. I started going to her right after she got her license over 8 years ago. Totally phenominal body worker. The man's been blessed to have her work on him and he understands how great she is too. She gives her everything to each massage. I haven't tried the accupuncture yet but have considered it. I've heard good and bad just as I have about chiropractors. I've come to the conclusion you can't go once but have to go to several to get a true gauge of whether it will work or not.

Well I'm about to be deluged with people so I'm off to work for another hour. I'm fixing ham & beans in the pressure cooker tonight and some cornbread in the cast iron skillet - I'll put some out for anybody that would like some :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  12:08:35 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, sorry to confuse you. Yes originally I was planning on doing books but my husband seems to be vehmently against it. I may add it in later.

Tammy, so JEALOUS of the massage. Back home I have the perfect massage therapist. Seriously trained, seriously good and I turn into a relaxed jellyfish after she's done. Problem is she's about 1000+ miles away. Haven't found one here yet but it is on my list of things to do. Chiropractors there are good and bad. If it's a good chiropractor you won't know how you lived without them, if it's a bad one you won't know how to live with them!! LOL

Welcome to the new Porchies.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  2:39:37 PM  Show Profile
RFMTammy...November....you got it !!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  4:01:51 PM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
I am new to the group, but would love to join in the tea exchange. I would like to have April, that is my BD month.

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  5:16:19 PM  Show Profile
Judy...I want to take July for the Tea Exchange. I am glad that we are going to do this again...yeah!
And girl I am happy that you were a no-brainer for FGOTM!!! You deserve it! Enjoy it!

Welcome Jan! Glad to have another Farmgirl on the Porch. This is a Fun Place to be with lots of sharing
life together! Many laughs, tears, frustrations and funny stories being shared. It is a very safe place
to vent when you need to also. We all just share life's little and big moments together. ~ Do you raise
Gorgi's? I have a friend that wants one of those dogs in the worst way!

OK Tammy...we are all invious of the Massage! I went to the dentist today...not near as much fun as where
you went. LOL ~ Yummo, on the ham and beans and cornbread! I will just have to smell and drool as I am on
a liquid diet for two days. ~ I think with his whole dental thing I am going to be loosing some weight. Which isn't a bad thing really. Lets just call it a side benefit of getting dentures. lol

Whitney...nice to hear a little bit of personal background on you. That is how we get to know each other.
Little bits and pieces of personal trivia. (No test though! ha ha!)

Pam...who said that tea and cookies don't make a meal? Sounds good to me. lol I am the type of person
who can eat a piece of choc. cake or a piece a pie for breakfast and think that I have died and gone
to Heaven. My favorite Breakfast Ever!!!

Nan...the Tea Swap is a lot of fun!!! We really enjoy seeing what everyone is going to send for us to
try. And some of our gals tucked in little surprises along with the tea! You must try it.

Hi Megan...sounds like you had some fun boyfriend time over the Holidays! As well as some fun family
time too. Now go knock em dead at School (even in Math) we know you can do it. You are the ALL AMERICAN
GIRL when it comes to loven school and getting good grades. We are all so proud of you!

OK My Porchies...I am off to find something liquid or soft to eat...has to be cold/not allowed warm food until tomorrow. Yuck! They said, I couldn't eat, smoke or drink alcohol. I laughed when I read that!

Hugs and Smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  7:14:08 PM  Show Profile
Judy, may I join in the tea exchange. I would like October if possible. Seems like I read about it some time back. I won't take up much room on the porch railing. I've started listen'in in a little from the yard next door, and might just as well join you all if there's room.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  8:30:36 PM  Show Profile
What a great surprise ladies! I got a call from the library at 5 and I was able to attend the beekeeping class. My goodness was it packed. I counted right about 50 people. What an interesting looking bunch, too. Quite a few older, older people (no offense). Some who looked like they were probably into gorilla gardening and wearing berets. I think one lady probably drank before she came, uh oh. And lots of middle of the road inquisitive people like me. It was very interesting and I brought home a giant goody bag full of catalogs and books, etc.

If there's still room in the tea exchange I'd like to join. I don't care what month. I've had several Japanese teas and they were so good.

Pam, yes we have to do gardening right now. In the summer is really our best off time. It's so hot that nothing grows or moves. We're kind of flip flopped here. I think I will pray to God for a good garden this year.

Well, ladies. I hope you're having a fabulous week and keeping your spirits high. I'm off to drool on my catalogs...mmmm bees...

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page