Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  9:25:32 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everybody. Ok, lists. I went down to the other house yesterday, thinking I'd pack up everything left and get a truck today and justmove it all. I could barely pack. I did a few things, and then I went and dug up all the plants that i want with me. I have to get them into containers and the ground here, tho, probably tomorrow. I got dirt today. So I guess I am moving, but at a snail's pace. I may go down tomorrow and do a little bit more.
I think I must be tired, but i'm sleeping ok. I took a nap today and I do a lot of days. Mostly I just can't think clearly. Did I ever say I hate moving? Well, I do. So if you dno't have to, don't.

love and squidges,
nan
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  12:35:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nan...oh, my goodness can I relate to feeling overwhelmed. At least for me it is NOW, when the move
is behind me. For the first time ever I had a work crew to help move us and honey, they were a Godsend.
I have always been a "Do It Myself" kinda girl...but God just whispered in my ear this time and said,
"Don't turn down anyones offer to help you this time." I have just taken on 2 or 3 projects a day (making a list) and if I accomplished them I felt great and If I didn't accomplish it all...I moved it
to the next day. I now have every room in the Apartment put together except for my bedroom/office/craftroom. This room will probably take me as much time to do as the entire Apartment did.
I am still giving things away and will have even more to give away once I start on this room. I can
at least get in and out of bed in here, get dressed, and work on my computer...so, as far as I am concerned...I may not do one more stinken thing in here until next week. I am just so exhausted and when
you are tired physically, emotionally and mentally...that is when you feel totally overwhelmed. So, listen to everyone and make your lists but don't sweat it...if you can't cross more than one tning off a
day. It is going to wait for you.
I am sorry that you are so lonely...and all the responsibilities fall on your shoulders. I would willingly
loan out my Husband for awhile. LOL He doesn't do much work...but he is funny and a good companion.

The Landlord brought me a brand new refrigerator today. I really thanked him profusely...as the other one
was so old...I didn't even want to put my food in it. It is white and everything else in the kitchen is
Cream Color...but I don't even care, It's New and looks good and smells good. HaHa!

Did I tell you that the Managers here use to go to the same Church we did years ago? They just love my
husband and have been very kind and gracious to me too (though I didn't know them that well from the
other Church). It is cool how the Lord works. They also love our Scottish Terrier and they use to have one
too, and that is always a plus when you're renting that Management likes your pet.

Well, this is short again...but until I get less sleep deprivation, I can barely think. Just know I love
you all and praying for everyone.

Wasn't it awful about the Theater Shootings??? I have cried several times today for the sensless waste of
life and the evil in the world. Praise God that His Holy Spirit pours out more grace, love and mercy onto
this Earth...than all the evil of the Enemy and evil humankind. I even cried for that young man...he is
so young and he has caused such horrific tragedy in the lives of sooooo many innocent people. Praise God
that His Love trumps All Evil!!!! Praying for our Country and everyone whose hearts are hurting and
devestated by this terrible event.

Love and Hugs To You All,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  10:22:55 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies,
I would like to know who ordered over 100 degree weather for my neck of the woods. We are under a heat advisory until Tuesday night. My goodness it is hot. I tell you a person can melt. I do things early morning or late at night...so I can handle it. Our crops are dying here. It makes me sad.

We did not get to close on the house yesterday. The septic and water did not pass inspection. So we cannot close until it does. That could be a week or two. Good gracious me I will probably be moving right before school and during our county fair. So I have made my list for school so I can get serious about it in case I am moving the week before. I like being ready for my butterflies.

Welcome Cass to the porch. This is a wonderful place.

Peggy so nice to see that you are getting settled in and could you send some rain to us. Snickers sounds like he is adjusting too. It will be interesting to see how Jax does when we move. He doesn't quite know what to think with boxes all around.

well ladies I am goig to eat some lunch. Yall stay cool. We have a wedding this afternoon
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  5:15:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Man, I was just on here on the 16th but you all have been a busy bunch!5 days can really get ya,not just a little behind...but a lot behind(oh dear,is that like a BIG behind?hahaha I don't need one of those! hahaha
hears what I remember from reading through real fast:
Yum...cinny-bunns(ok...behind...bunns...does anybody besides me sense a theme here?) lol
Anyhoooo, I lov cinny-bunns&strong coffee.
Yes, ya'll should have your wedding the way you want it. After all,It's Your Memories your making!
Because I was young&naive for my 1st wedding,it was run by my MIL! NOT ANY MORE!!! It's my life now! I've learned to stand up for myself! My motto now is..."Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
I'm gonna put that on a tee-shirt! I saw it in a magazine!Love It!!!
Love the idea of a Sheet-Sleep-Shirt....WOW! Say that 5 times real fast. It'll make ya go wash your OWN mouth out with soap!(I'm still burping bubbles) hahahaha
Hello there Cassi! Pull up a cushion,cop a squat and join in anytime! *hands you a steaming cuppa* We are a like-minded,caring,sharing bunch who Pray together,laugh together,cry together and are always there for each other.But we can ALWAYS use another point of view and enjoy learning new things from our new porch visitors! Welcome!
Shanda, Congrats on getting a better job! I'm excited for you!
Peg, sorry for making you ansy, Porch-Mama! We've had a couple of cooler days(high 70's/low 80's)and rain. YES!!!...so I took Mama shopping, out to eat and did a few chores that I'd put off due to that miserable,hot weather! Glad to hear that your move is over and now it's just the unpacking that needs to be done. Just remember to pace yourself,take it easy, that stuff ain't going anywhere. After all, those "House-Faries" threw up their hands a long time ago and squealed,"What...She's moving AGAIN??? I Quit!!!"hahahahaha So it's just you and Snickers to finish the work! And, Yes, I would have gladly run thru the puddles with you. Fun, fun, fun! I would even have supplied the popcicles. *giggle* A new fridge...lucky you! Thank You Lord!
My heart aches for those families who lost someone in that senseless shooting too! So Sad!
Today was our first County Fair visit. It was so quiet. I don't know where everybody was. This is the beginning of Hall Of Fame, but it's not in full swing yet. Of course we went to the Fair earlier than we usually do. We got there just after noon,before the sun came out from behind the heavy cloud cover, and we were home just after 5. But still, the venders said this was a very slow week for them. We grazed our way thru as usual. Started with an ice cream cone, then french fries, then a gyro, cherry float, steak-burger sandwich, water and 2 big bags of cotton candy(the whole reason I go to these Fairs*giggle*)We shared everything. So ya, we rolled home early because DH has to work tomorrow early. But it was enough!
Well, have a great evening Porchies!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jul 22 2012 10:11:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  6:50:57 PM  Show Profile
Judy, sounds like a good time at the fair. I only go for the cotton candy too!!!!! My cousin had a cotton candy stand at our fair. My favorite.
Peggy and Nan, I do not envy you moving and packing and unpacking. I moved here 2 1/2 years ago and still have thngs to go through, like a dozen boxes of family pictures to put into albums. Someday!!!!!
Well, I have the sprinkler going outside and need to shut it off for the night. Hope you all have a wonderful evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  12:16:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh, My Goodness...I just had to start on my room tonight. I did so good ignoring it all day...but then DH started working on his room and that got me going too. I still have a lot left to do. Sometimes, I wish I wasn't such a crafty person...because I do such a wide range of crafts...I just can't throw it away or give it away...because, I am sure I am going to need it in the future.
I have so much stuff that I forget that I have things until I pack them or unpack them. Now that is just plum crazy. I think I need an Intervention girls.
I can hardly believe that I gave away all my magazines this move. Well, not ALL of them but 95% of them. And I did give my DIL two bags full of yarn. So, I guess there is hope for me. LOL

Teacher Tammy...I am so sorry that your house didn't close this week. I don't think it fails that everything in life seems to happen all at once. I am
sure you will be doing your moving, teaching preparation and the Fair all at the same time...cuz that is just life. I am praying for you though.
I doubt that Jax will have too big of adjustment to your move. They seem to be more out of sorts when all the boxes start getting filled and it all seems so confusing to them.
Snickers has done really well on this move. He misses chasing the Squirrels though!

Judy...I love to go to The County Fair too but DH doesn't enjoy it. When the kids were little I always took them but now I have no one to go enjoy it with. I am like you...I so enjoyed eating my way through all the
great food vendors.
I loved going to check out all the Canned goods and home sewn goods and that type of thing. The animals not so much...sense I am allergic to most farm animals.
I also loved to go to go see all the floral entries and Art entries.
Did you bring us all some Cotton Candy? Or Elephant Ears?
I always liked getting corn on the cob and fried chicken at the fair too. Yummy!

I would send ya all some rain...but ours only lasted a day. Just enough to cool us down and wash away the dust.

Janet...I don't want to move for a really long time. Twice in 8 months was just a killer. But not again.
Lord willing!!! I want to stay put for awhile. My DH is voting that way stay here until we die or the Lord returns...which ever comes first. LOL

OK...off to bed to read (I unpacked my book tonight...so
now I can finish it). LOL

Have a Beautiful Lord's Day everyone.
Big Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  05:11:07 AM  Show Profile
Happy Sunday!

In our ladies Sunday school class we have been learning about God's plan for Sundays. And this is what we learned:

God made Sundays for: Worship, Rest, Feasting, and Family!

So get out there and do your best Sunday Resting ladies! I know you can do it!
(you ladies that just moved, step away from the boxes today...and rest. no cheating!)

Blessings!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  07:56:15 AM  Show Profile
Only have a couple a minutes before we leave for Mass.

I love reading what y'all are up to. Thank you for the warm welcome!

Yesterday was such a good day. I went grocery shopping in the morning with my family, then we came back and my huge two year old we call Monster wanted to play outside. I had to give our calf his bottle anyway and then my husband and I weeded our flower garden. I came inside to rock the baby while she napped. Monster skipped his nap so he was in a foul mood, but we put on some music and cleaned which cheered him up (the kid looooooves to "help" mommy). I did a quick easy supper with a baguette and some tomato, mozzarella, and arugula. It was delicious! I love our tomatoes out of our garden! They are so sweet you can almost eat them like apples.

Today, we'll lunch at my in-laws farm down the road and then come back and attempt to get Monster a nap so he's not so ornery. We'll see how that goes. Time to leave for Mass!! I hope you ladies have a wonderful, restful Sunday.

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

http://fromscratchourhomemadelife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  10:04:08 AM  Show Profile
Happy Blessed Sunday Gals! Got up at 8, opened all the windows and put fans in to blow warm air out of the house.We're suppose to get humid this afternoon and 90. So far it's 88, but a cool breeze.I hope the prediction for humidity was wrong. lol One can always hope!
That fair was so small that they didn't have half the stuff you mentioned Peg. No corn and no fried chicken. :( I usually like to pet goats and bunnies, but most of them were laying out of reach just keeping cool. Most of them had fans. Even the chickens had fans. Good idea. Even when it's fair outside, those barns can get stuffy.
Janet, I told my Sister that I want to find a childs cotton candy maker so I can make it year round. heehee Do they still make those?
Believe me I brought plenty of cotton candy, elephant ears,salt water taffy and powdered sugar waffle-thingies*giggle*for everyone. Help yourselves.
Shanda, I like what you learned in your Sunday School class.Thanks for sharing!
Well, make it a Great Sunday Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  1:27:48 PM  Show Profile
Shanda...I promise to REST today! I believe that is exactly what we are suppose to do.
If even GOD rested on Sunday then who are we not to???? So, no boxes for me today...in fact
I want to go do something fun.

More Later Girls,
peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  1:35:47 PM  Show Profile
WOOOO Judy...You're making me want some serious fair food now. YUM!

I like what you learned in Sunday school Shanda! We try to always rest on Sundays. I love everything about a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  9:20:29 PM  Show Profile
Me too Cassi! And we had the perfect lazy Sunday today!!!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  12:06:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Lovelies...nothing but relaxing happening today. Nothing new to chat about. What? Peggy
has nothing to share? Can't be! She must be sick!!! *giggle*. Maybe too much relaxing today...
I relaxed my brain to non-functioning status. Ha Ha!

Nighty Night...
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  07:46:56 AM  Show Profile
Happy Monday Ladies!!

I had a not so good night of sleep. My little one slept well, it was me and my husband that did not. We kept having nightmare after nightmare. I spent part of the night watching our littlest breathe because one of the dreams was so frightening. The lack of sleep caused me to not wake up at my normal time so I'm running a touch behind. I need to get cracking on the housework and get the diapers on the line to dry. I have an easy meal planned for tonight. I always do that on Mondays since the day of rest destroys my house, hehehe!

I hope y'all are all having good Mondays so far. I have plenty of french pressed, freshly ground coffee here. Have a mug!

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  10:26:46 AM  Show Profile
I did not sleep very well last night either, if at all. I was awake until after 4 this morning. It was so humid, I could not get comfortable. I should have just got up instead of tossing and turning.
It is so hot and humid here with no relief for awhile. Looks like more watering tonight. I should just sleep out on the lawn, but there are skunks out there alot. They like to dig up the yards here.
I just made a big jug of lemodade and another of iced tea, so help yourself and stay cool. Chore will have to wait until it cools some.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  12:07:44 PM  Show Profile
So glad to see that everyone is doing so well. You have all been in thoughts and prayers. Not sure what's up with me but feel like Im in a funk. Nothing seems to want to go together,the heat is so bad and no rest for days,. My dd leaves in 18 days to go back to college. The house search or build is put onhold. We better go the kids are crying.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  2:51:14 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Monday is really pushing some of us today, huh! Well here, have some hugs and lemon ice-box pie! A perfect way to beat the heat!

Ruthie Ann sorry your in a funk! This time of year, with the endless days of heat can be trying. And with DD going back to college, yeah you need some cheering! (my son goes back next week, and after having him all summer it's kinda sad!) Sooo (in my best little orphan annie voice) The Sun will come out, Tomorrow. Bet you bottom dollar there be sun! Just thinking about tomorrow, clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow, till there's none!!!!

That might not have helped...the sun coming out is what's causing all this heat, but maybe it can be a cooler sun!

Cassi and Janet sorry ya'll didn't get much sleep. Hope tonights better for you. And no more nightmares Cassi, that's just scary!

Well time to make some more sweet tea and think of getting supper together.
Blessings!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  01:06:30 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...

Wow...who fed the Nightmares last night? I had a really strange one too!!! Let's not feed
them tonight...thank you very much! LOl

Janet...I remember sleeping over at a friends house in Spokane back in Jr. High or High School
and we slept out in sleeping bags in her back yard. It was all really fun and cool until about
4:30 in the morning when mama skunk and all her little skunkies...came walking up our sleeping
bags. We were so scared that we were going to get sprayed that we held our breath and didn't move a muscle. As they got closer to chest level...mama must have decided we were too lumpy and she veered the little skunkies down and away from us...across the yard (then we gulped in big lungs full of air and relief!) Thanks for the memories...that's been a long time ago. LOL

Cassidy...I had a great Monday...because it felt like Saturday all day long. LOL I had to go do a
bunch of shopping for things we needed for the Apartment and that took me away all morning and cost
me way too much money. Afterwards I took DH out for an early dinner...we had breakfast at IHOP.
Don't you just love breakfast for dinner sometimes??? I don't think I have cooked in the week we have
been here. Gosh, I hope the stove works. *giggle*

Ruthie girl...glad you dropped by this morning, I'v been missing you. Oh, I bet you are sad to see DD go back to College??? I bet you have a great time with her while she is home though huh? Well, about
the house and to build or not to build (that is the question) maybe it is too soon to decide. Maybe you
are in limbo for a reason. I am praying for you...God's timing is always perfect and never too late.

Shanda...would you like to share the recipe for that delicious Lemon Ice-Box Pie???? I bet I am not the
only one who would like it.
I loved your Orphan Annie song to those in a funk today. My step-daughter who is in her late 30's just
saw the Stage Play of Little Orphan Annie and she loved it. I saw it On Stage too many years ago...
and our neighbors grand-daughter who was a real redhead (with curly hair) and was blind...had the
leading role and she did such an outstanding performance night after night. She was so good! A Natural
for sure!

OK Ladies my book is calling me! So, I am off to bed and reading.

Oh, I also bought a Special Journal today...for those times when I want to chat with my Sister and can't call her on the phone any more.

Last night while I was praying The Holy Spirit reminded me of a good friend of my sisters who lives in Navada...and I was just
positive that no one had let her know about Debby's passing a week ago...so, I called her today and we
had a really nice chat. She was happy to hear that Debby was no longer in pain...and very appreciative that I remembered to call and let her know. (God gets the credit on that one!) So, off to Journal
my Sis!

Pleasant Dreams Tonight Girlies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 24 2012 01:14:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  06:46:55 AM  Show Profile
No nightmares last night (phew!)however Tuesday started to get an attitude with me anyway this morning, but I gave it a stern talking to and made cinnamon rolls. Take that Tuesday! Cinnamon rolls should be hot out of the oven in 30 minutes. Grab a cup of coffee and join me?

Peggy - That's a very good idea about the journal. I really like it. Your Monday sounded fabulous!

Shanda - I know I definitely would love your Lemon Ice-Box pie recipe. Mondays are rough on a lot of people. I know they are my busiest cleaning days.

Today, I have a little laundry and spot cleaning. I still gotta get the calf his bottle, but I'm waiting for the little guy to venture closer to gate so I don't have to haul two babies to give it to him. My toddler is very quiet this morning so I'm hoping he's not feeling poorly. I think he's just tired. He doesn't wake up well and Daddy had to leave for an early meeting this morning. He's a little disappointed that he didn't get to say goodbye. My 6 month old baby girl is all over the place today. She's been crawling for two weeks now and pulling up to stand for a week. I keep finding her standing up by windows and doors looking outside. I hope she loves the outdoors as much as her momma does :)

I hope y'all have a great Tuesday!

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  08:39:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies. Went on a road trip with my visiting GD. So far she is much less trouble than either of her aunts or her mother. She is actually a step GD but neither Allan or me ever made any distinctions between his or my kids. They were all just our kids.
We have all everyone's rain up here and would be very grateful if you would all take it back. Took the dog for a walk on our gravel road yesterday am and it was covered with poor worms who had been flooded out of the ground. At least we had a few sunny days for the trip. It was a bit expensive with gas at $4.33 per gallon so we are on hold for anything else until payday. She will leave to go back to Portland OR on 8/13 to start college. I pray that goes well for her.
It is official, I am retiring at the end of the year and no more job. The bosses sold/took on a new partner. He is ok but a micro manager and I have been running this place for so long that is not going to fly. I am ready to start something new in any event.

Read through several pages of what I have been missing. I am praying for all those who have suffered and are grieving. My He bless you all with the peace that is beyond our understanding.

Welcome to our new porchies, and thanks for the goodies. So so love that they are all fat free! Blessings to all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  4:38:45 PM  Show Profile
Boy time sure gets away from a person! I've been busy making a wedding gift for my best friend from college for this wknd, trying to save/revive my poor garden (although I do have some beans!) and trying to deal the hot crazy weather. And can't forget about my poor neglected course work....this month hasn't been very productive on it!

Hard to believe it's almost the end of July already! I think I'm taking/getting holidays from Aug 7-10 (well, one day is a "sick" day for a dr appt in the city - not looking forward to that at all! The city. In the middle of Summer. Ugh.). Anyhow. It's been busy, hot & I'm looking forward to September & fall weather!

Welcome to all the new porchies - all of the stuff ya'll are makin' sounds so good! Too bad we couldn't get "tastes" through the computer! Well, I should go phone my sister. Sent her a text & didn't proofread it before I sent it, so it made no sense. And now my phone is being stupid yet again & won't let me text her back. Have a good night all!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  6:05:39 PM  Show Profile
Well today was not the best of days. I got a flat tire in my mom's car on the way to teach sewing to some little girls the next town over. Sat in the car for 1 1/2 hours waiting for the tire guy. The owner had to cover for me until I could get there. Then one of the students didn't show up so I lost $90.00 of badly needed income. Thennnnnn... The other girls mother called and asked if we could change the schedule because she booked her daughter for two things at the same time. Of course I had to say yes otherwise I would have lost another student. Kinda bummed. The owner of the store takes signups without getting the money first and this stuff happened last year too. Plus I cut a bunch of fabric for my students that I now can't sell....argggghh! I hope I can figure out a summer job next year so I dont have to teach there again.

So I'm needing chocolate bad. Mom needs it too. She just had to buy a new tire. Now we are both broke.

Btw Peggy, I'll have your flowers in the mail this wwk. I finally got the pin backings sewn on.

I need a nap!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  6:18:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, a bit cooler today and less humid. It feels so good. 80% chance of rain tomorrow. I do hope so, I can't keep watering like I have been. All it is doing is helping the weeds on the lawn to grow. My lawn looks terrible. I do need to pick the rest of my beans and peas and plant another crop before it is too late. Been too hot to do anything outdoors lately.
Hope you are all doing well and hope you too get some well needed rain.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  7:12:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh my Peggy....skunks on a camp-out....funny but scary for sure!
A journal for writing to loved ones who have gone on before us....great idea!
Shanda, i just had lemon ice-box pie at a local diner last week, for the first time!Man was it gooo-oood!hahaha
Cassi...oooooo...cinny-bunns again, fresh&hot outta the oven.TY!Yummmmm!
awwww, how fast the babies grow up.
We had high 80's with a real feel of high 90's today. Just stifling with humidity. After being out in it yesterday at the flea market, I wasn't about to do that again today. This heat HAS to break soon, doesn't it? It's cooled down tonight(70). Better!
Well, night Gals! Hope ya'll sleep well!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jul 27 2012 08:31:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  01:04:47 AM  Show Profile
evening girls...would have been on a little sooner but had to try to cheer up one of my good friends...who is going through some tough financial times right now (like most people are). BUT it always feels worse when it's happening to you! I get that!

Cherime...glad to see you on The Porch Girl. That is so nice that you got to do a Road Trip with your G-daughter. Isn't gasoline a killer? Takes all the fun out of going anywhere and having extra spending money for fun stuff.
You said she lives in Portland...is she attending Portland State?

Are you really going to Retire????? Or are you just retiring from this particular job?? You are such a go-getter...I can't see you sitting around the homestead doen nothen. LOL That picture just doesn't equate.

Hi Pam...glad to have you on the Porch too. I think London and a few other places would trade the US and Canada some heat for all their rain.
Crazy weather patterns all over the world it seems like.

I hope your Dr. trip into the City isn't for anything serious.
I am with you...that big cities seem so much HOTTER in the hot weather...with all the asfalt, concrete and high rises. Just a HOT concrete Jungle. Besides going to the Dr. are you doing anything fun for your Holiday? Like maybe finding a nice deep pool or lake to stay in all week? lol
I hope you got through to your sister by phone. Talk as often as you can...because someday...that conversation maybe very onesided.

Bunny...oh, what an awful miserable day you had. I hate those kind of days...when you know that you should have just stayed in bed and threw the covers over your head and
put your ear-plugs in...so you could turn the The World OFF for awhile.
Send the flowers when you have time.
No, hurry...especially if you are getting the typical scorching gorge weather. I would not want to be stuck in my car for an hour and a half waiting for a tire guy...or any guy for that matter.
I hope you took that much needed nap!

Janet...hold on a second and I will get up and do my Indian Rain Dance for you!!! LOL Here in Washington State we don't need to do rain dances (ever!). We consider the lack of rain a blessing from Heaven when we get more than three days without rain. Ha Ha!

Judy girl...Oh, you had to mention that Lemon-Ice-Box Pie didn't ya??? I was just thinking that I was hungry and that would really hit the spot except our lil' Porchie Sis hasn't given us the Recipe yet.

Shanda...we like our Virtual Food...but if we ask for a Recipe, that usually means that we really really want to try it (for real!) LOl So, come on quit torturing us with your silence!(+;.

OK...I just heard my phone beep signaling that one of my Words with friends players just took their turn at 1:00 am. Are you kidding me...who is up at 1:00 am ? Ha Ha! It must be someone who knows me real well like my son or Dil or somebody like that.

OK...I want to read for awhile...not play games on my cell phone. It is a good thing that they are OK with me being a really sssslllllooooowww player.

Night My Lovelies,
peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page