Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  04:07:53 AM  Show Profile
Judy - my pastor had trouble with gallstones awhile back and had great success with going on an "apple diet" where he really didn't eat anything but apples, applesauce, and apple juice for a few days until he felt better. I think he did the olive oil and lemon juice too. And lots of water to flush the system!

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  05:35:48 AM  Show Profile
Netty - You're so sweet! Thanks for your birthday wishes! :)

I'm finishing up some applesauce and then we're outta here to go get some relaxation for a couple of days. Everyone have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!

Hugs all around!
April :)

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  08:21:51 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday April! Have a GREAT weekend rest too!
Lindsey, that's EXACTLY what I sent her out of my Natural Healing books...the Apple Diet&olive oil&lemon juice mix! Amazing that we were on the same page. I told my Sister that "An apple a day really DOES keep the doctor away!"
Well, off to run errands!
Later Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  10:39:33 AM  Show Profile

Ok Girls...now you know I was serious!!! LOL The only sad thing is...you can't see
the purple eyeliner I put behind them. I should have done it differently than they
showed...it would have shown up that way. Next pair...I will do it my way. Live
and learn. They were so inexpensive I can rip them off and do a new pair when ever
I want. (I will wait awhile and get some wear out of these first). They were only
$5.99 a set. My Bible Study gals last night loved them. They got a big kick out of
them. I was calling my car "Zippy" until I put the eyelashes on...now I am calling
her "Sassy". LOL

Dianne...praying for both you and the homeless kids. Hey, let me know if you could use
hats, scarfs and mittens for the kids. We could probably get some of the farm girls to
help make some...but only if there is a true need for them.

Judy...I so did not know you could see into peep-holes. I think I will stick with getting
the chain lock on my door. My husband bought the kind of lock that they have on Motel
doors but it won't work on our front door because of the molding around it. So, now he has
to take it back and get the chain kind. I tried standing on my tip-toes and I still couldn't
see out of the peep-hole. LOl Hey, I'm 5ft 2in. that isn't that short. OK, its short but
there are shorter people than me. They are called "Little People". Ha Ha!
Patsy's DH ought to do good with those two remedies for his gall bladder...but if he is
having pain to the point of being bent over...he is going to eventually need that gall
bladder taken out. When I was two years without insurance because I was waiting for Medicare
to kick in. I had two heart episodes where I had to go in to the Hospital...and they ended
up just writing the debt off. That is an option if it gets too painful for him. Nobody
likes to have to go that route but hey, you can't be in that terrible of pain too often before
you just can't take it anymore and something has to be done.

Janet...I don't think I have ever eaten cobb salad. What all is in it? Now Blueberry Pie I love...
thanks for leaving some on the Porch. ~ I made cowls one year for all the women in the family for
Christmas. They were fun and easy to make.

Teacher Tammy...I don't blame you for wanting a little "ME" time. I could use some of that myself.
But where both hubby and I are retired that doesn't happen often. Oh, well...I have my Women's Retreat
coming up at the end of September and that will be fun. 4 days away to the Coast with just us Women.

April...Happy Belated Birthday Farmgirl!!!! Sounds like you had a nice one.

Lindsey...You are right...an apple a day does keep the Dr. away!!! They say if we ate one apple a day
and then drank one 8 oz. glass of water every night before bed...we would do a World of Good for our
bodies health.

OK...not much news to talk about so think I will go read and then work on my Bible Study Prep.
for next weeks Lesson.

HAVE A GREAT AND RELAXING LABOR DAY WEEKEND SISTERS!!!!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  1:29:33 PM  Show Profile
Busy Busy Busy! I need to sit on the porch awhile and drink some ice tea.

Peggy I hope we get an Indian Summer here to. I love Fall, but it is way to short. and Indian Summer makes it seem longer.

Judy I love th wild animal stories. I would have love to see your DH's face. I bet it was a great look of disbelief. LOL

Lynette I think it is lazyness that has students use just the last name of a teacher. Here we have a problem with them just using Miss or Sir. We are not that big of a school. There is noreason they can not learn their teachers names.

April Happy Birthday!!

Judy I read somewhere, I can't remember where, that there is scientific facts about eating apples. There are a lot of good stuff in them.

Peggy Those eye lashes are so darn cute! I love them.
We had a lady here delever a big box of had knitted hats. i don't know about scarves or mittens yet. If anyone has time I am sure they would be pu to good use. exspecialy with the younger students.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  08:50:15 AM  Show Profile
Arrgggh so annoying. I posted a long post with comments to everyone and my ipad munched it away. Sorry to say I'm not doing it again.

I'm on my laptop so it won't happen again at least.

I got all my school books rented and they are on their way. So much cheaper than buying them at the book store. I saved over $400.00 this quarter by doing that. Took my kittie to the vet for her sniffles and now she is on medicine. I feel better. Hopefully she will be over her infection soon. I have decided to shut down my online fabric shop on September 21. So if anyone wants to order any fabric, now is the time. I am moving everything over to Etsy and will sell it in packages of either fat quarters, charm squares or 2.5" strip sets. I really need to get this stuff sold. I have about $7000 worth of fabric. that would go a long way to helping me save up for my tiny house on wheels. It bugs me to have so much value in something and I can't get it out. I have tried to sell it as a large lot and even large yardage amounts at one time. I figure people need fabric for quilt backs. But no luck. So I'm trying another approach. It will take even longer to sell by the charm square but not sure what else to do.

Anyway, later all. Have a quilt binding to do and getting paid for it.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  12:53:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, I have not posted in ages! I hope everyone I was just getting to know is doing well!!

I have been busy busy busy. I desperately need to sit on the porch swing and rock awhile with a nice glass of sweet tea. We've started to hunt in earnest for a farm of our very own. We have a realtor working with us who only deals in farms. We're looking at several over the next month. A few are old 1900 farm houses with tin roofs (I love that!!!) One has the last remaining dairy barn in the county! I'm so excited! We're hoping to find and close on a farm by January or February.

We took two of the cows to slaughter and will be getting them back in 10 days. One is ours, the other belongs to my in-laws. We'll be taking our mean-as-a-snake hog to butcher next. We're still considering whether or not to do that on our own though. The place we take them is awesome and will smoke the bacon and hams for us which is very nice.

Other than that I've been hitting the knitting needles and crochet hooks hard to get ready for Fall and Winter. I'm so excited for Fall. It's one of my absolute favorite times of the year. I've been cleaning and organizing for fall as well. It's still a month or so off for us temperature wise so I have lots of time. I've canned the last of our summer garden. I am sitting here now with a sleeping Raspberry on my chest and Monster is fighting his nap today. It's a gloomy, rainy day. Love those.

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

http://fromscratchourhomemadelife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  3:03:30 PM  Show Profile
I sure have been busy cooking. Love it!!! Today I made swedish meatballs. Yum, but it is such a heavy meal for summer, but hubby wanted them, sooooo! I worked yesterday, but the day went by fast, so it was not too bad.
We took a ride to the beach and walked the shoreline. It was so refreshing, even though it is hard for me to walk on uneven ground with artificial hips. I wished I would have taken my camera. It was so blue, and lots of geese and ducks swimming in the water.
Peggy, Cobb salad is a huge salad. A bed of shredded lettuce, then in strips I put cooked, cubed chicken, then a strip of cubed hard cooked eggs, strip of cubed tomatoes, strip of cubed cukes, then a strip of cooked bacon that was cut into pieces, topped it all with colby jack cheese, then we used ranch dressing, but you can use any kind of dressing you want. It was so good a refreshing in the warm weather.
Cassi, glad to see you back on the porch. Seems most of us have been so busy this summer. Soon, hopefully we can all relax on the porch and take er easy for longer stretches.
April, Happy belated birthday!!!!! Hope you had a great one!!!
Peggy, love the lashes. Does your hubby still like them after you got them put on? Mine would never allow me to do that!!!! I love them though.
Bunny, that is great that you are able to rent your books. I know they are so expensive, and then when you go to sell them, you get hardly anything for them. Here at the community college, they only use the same books for about 2 years, then you need to get new ones. Crazy. Glad you and kitty are feeling better.
Dianne, yes, it seems like you did not have much time off from school this summer. I hope you got to enjoy that time off.
Well gals,I am going to knit some and watch some tv. I hope there is a good movie on tonight. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  8:40:14 PM  Show Profile
Peg, LoveLoveLove those eye lashes girl!Those were cheap, not like the ones I saw last week in our(junk)catalogue for $30.00.*aaccckkk* I about fainted when I saw that price. Better be made of gold.hahaha They were slanted/angled like the ones you showed us on that PT Cruiser.Where did you order yours? How many washings will they stay on through? *giggle*
Peepholes are a good security to have along with locks. You can always cover them like Mom does. In your area, sounds like you need all the security you can get girl!Get a doorbell that barks like a dobie hahaha
I had to LOL at your comment about drinking a glass of water every night before bed. Honey, at our age we need to stop drinking ANY beverages after 7PM. We'll be up in the potty all night! hahaha
What am I saying....I am up twice a night now! ROFL
Hi Cassi, good to see you again. Thanks for painting that mental pic for us of the kids sleeping on and around you on a rainy afternoon. So comfy&sweet! Wow...fresh beef AND pork. How nice is that!
We had a very hot/humid/86 day today. It rained this evening and is sprinkling now. Gonna be good night for sleeping now that it's cooled off.
I took the trash out before DH came home this evening(still light) and here came the skunk across the yard, turned and went behind the shed, came out, went to the garden and snuffled all around there. Hubs says, What are ya watching when he pulled in. I said,that crazy skunk. Hey, if it eats grubs outta the garden, that's a good thing, right?It spends a lot of time there digging. A friend of DH's is giving him a couple of live traps. Ok, THAT'S just a disaster waiting to happen. hahaha I asked him what he's going to do with a live skunk in a trap? He says, "I dunno!" I don't even want to see how this one is going to end!
K...G'Nite Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  12:35:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

Haven't felt too great today but not sure why. Had one of those migraines that make you feel like you are
going to throw up. I could only take Tylenol Headache stuff because I am having a colonoscpy on Wed. so no aspirin...and it didn't touch the migrain. I still feel nausiated tonight from it. I hope I feel better in the morning so I can make it to church.

DH drove My little eyelashed "Sassy" today. He tried to talk me into driving but I refuse to chauever my hubby around just because I put eyelashes on the Bug. I told him he needed to get comfortable with his
inner female. LOL He thinks they are cute and adorable and he loves how people tell me all the time how
neat they think they are....but he has been driving the old Buick more. Hee Hee! After we went to Barnes and Noble and he didn't die of embarrassement...he drove the bug alone later in the day. Now that is a real man don't ya think???

Judy...I just googled Auto Eyelashes and it gave me several sites including Amazon, which is where I ordered mine from. But you are right you can walk in and purchase them from an Auto Store too. I was
just too lazy to go check them out. It was easier to just sit on my backside and let my fingers do the walking. Good point about how long they will last through car washings...I never thought about that. We shall see huh? Good thing they are cheap is what I am thinking.
~ Can't wait to hear what your husband does with a live skunk in a trap. I think I would just let him alone and pray he wanders off on his own.

Janet...cobb salad sounds really good, but I expected it to have corn in it with that name. LOL

Cassidy...sounds like you have been really busy this summer. Hope you find a lovely farm of your own
soon. And we can walk through the experience with you. ~ I have been knitting a lot too. Mostly dishclothes as, I am trying to make 2 each of my large size ones for the 10 women going on my Bible
Study Retreat at the end of Sept. What kinds of things are you making?

Bunny...I didn't even know you could "rent" your books for school. That is way cool! And what a huge
savings.

Hey if you are going to make fat quarters with some of your fabric...I will probably buy some from you
and I will let the girls know on my YoYo Swaps and dottee doll swaps. I go out and buy fat squares and strips from Joann Fabric all the time. What are charm squares? I have never heard of that term before.

Dianne...I know a lot of ladies that love to knit for charities etc. Glad to hear that someone donated an entire box of hats. That is nice. I've made chemo caps in the past for cancer patients but haven't made
mittens or gloves or slippers before.

Well girls...I think I better get to bed and get some rest if I have any hopes of making it to Church.

Sweet Dreams,
peggy
Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 02 2012 12:40:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  07:00:35 AM  Show Profile
Judy, you better lay in a large amount of tomato juice for DH to bathe in before he goes to live skunk trapping. My ex and a friend of his got drunk and went driving around the Arizona desert north of Phoenix. They spotted a skunk and stomped the poor thing. We were living in a little cabin in a cluster of cabins. I turned the porch light out and made him undress on the porch before I would even let him in the house. He was a small guy so it only took about 3 or 4 cans of tomato juice.

Bunny, I have notices that my I phone puts in words that I do not want and so I have to go back and take them out again otherwise I would be sending out some really odd stuff. Glad to hear that you are able to rent the books. We could not do that up here and it was pricey.

My Etsy store has not done anything since opening but not too bad in some ways and this cold has been a real humdinger. After almost a week of sleeping between coughing jags I found some Creomulsion at the small store near home and got some rest. I have to be really careful of what I put in my body as I react a lot differently to over the counter meds. I usually use herbs but that cough was a tough one.

The last week was one rough week. The DGD adoptive mom is attempting to hold on to that child for dear life and in the process pushing her further and further away and she listens to no one. It has gotten so bad that DGD has asked me to help her change her name when she gets enough money saved. Ashley the DGD, is going to be 20 in January and wants to be on her own. Mom decided years ago that Ashley could not make it without her and refuses to give up control. Would not even send Ashley her birth certificate, we had to order another from OR so Ashley could get her AK state id card. Mom had a cat fit because I got Ashley an AK prepaid cell phone as she wanted Ashley to keep the old OR number. This is the same person who told Ashley to not come back to OR. I am praying that she will back off a bit so that they can have some kind of relationship at some point. So instead of home resting I have been driving Ashley hither and yon.

On Friday I got the new mattress. My DS and I had to take the railing off from around the stair well to get the old one out so figured might as well let the delivery guys do it that way. DS and I took to old misery to the dump and they he came home and helped me put the railing in the loft back up. He thought the railing was a bit wobbly but when putting it back up realized that I had it under tension and stronger than he had first though. Because of the tension aspect I was glad for the help.

My DD had brought over 3 heads of cabbage, 2 cauliflowers and several zucchini and broccoli. I had to something with it all so broke out the little electric steamer I have and cut everything up and steamed all. I packed it into one person servings and now have a nice stack of frozen veggies for winter in the freezer. But at least I could rest between batches. The prep was the worst of it.

I am off to church this am then off to help DD and DSIL to move their old lawn tractor. They are giving it to a young friend and told them to not expect much physical labor from this quarter. I am the hauling agent only.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  08:53:24 AM  Show Profile
Morning Ladies!

Janet - I love Swedish meatballs! I agree that it's heavy for summer. That's one of the reasons I can't wait for fall - I love fall food!!

Judy - I literally LOL'd at the thought of your DH live trapping a skunk! I'm going to have to go with Cherime and say stock up on tomato sauce to pour on him after!

Peggy - I'm knitting scarves and afghans at the moment. I finally have time to do that again now that Raspberry is a bit older. I need to get the scarves and hats done first so we have them when it gets cold. Farmer's Almanac is calling for an early frost here. I'm crossing my fingers. I missed fall and winter last year. I'm just using yarn from my stash for most of it. I'm about to start on a pair of leggings for myself, but I am very nervous as I have never knitted with DPNs. They are still very scary to me, haha. I taught myself to crochet granny squares and found a free pattern for a gorgeous afghan on Ravelry. I'm about to start that as well. I'm the type to have several projects going at once. I'd like to get cracking on some slippers, scarves, and such for presents this Christmas as well. I really love knitting & crocheting. It's so relaxing! I love that your making dishcloths for your Bible study women.

Happy Sunday Y'all! We're headed to my in-laws for lunch shortly.

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  10:50:44 AM  Show Profile
Cassi I always found that the trick to DPNs was to make sure that the stitches were divided so that there were none likely to drop off. I have made leggins before they take a while but are really nice when the wind blows hard.

Tomato juice for skunk aroma was the advice I got from one old boy and it worked as well as anything can on that stuff.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  3:15:33 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
DPNs are double pointed needles,Judy. Used to knit socks and small items.. just knew those lil wheels would be turning trying to figure that out. teehee You're cracking me up with you wild animal stories,BTW (by the way) *giggle*

Hello all, I'm baaaaaaaaack, for a bit. Feeling pretty worn out dealing with hubby's gallstone episode. apple juice has been his friend. he thinks our well water tastes like chalk. he ate some applesauce and it really helped him. the heating pad was a blessing the first 2 days. will never get him to take olive oil/lemon juice. he's already got his mind made up he's gonna throw it back up, any ways i could disguise it? childish i know, but ya... if he isn't much better by tuesday, he's off to the ER. he turns 65 next year, trying to hold off on a hospital bill, but it will be what it is.
and what's up with me not wanting to eat,sympathy pains? make myself eat cold cereal in the morning and a salad in the afternoon. o ya, might have something to do with the pulled ligament in the back of my knee. we are both hobbling like old folk (did i just say that?) ok, done belly-aching for now.

hope ya'll had a nice Sunday. thinking 'bout yuns hugs

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  7:16:33 PM  Show Profile
Just got home from helping my son. He went to an auction today, and hubby and I helped him haul all the stuff back to his store. Then we ate supper. Now I am tired and should be in bed.
My nephew's stepson took his life last night, very sad. He was 25. Don't know all the details, but my heart has been aching all day. This happened 3 years ago with another one of nephews sons, he was 18 and overdosed on illegal drugs. This one shot himself. They just don't realize how many lives are affected when they decide to take their own lives.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  10:14:26 PM  Show Profile
Janet how terribly sad about your nephew's stepson. There is so much pain in the world right now. Prayers for your family.

Peggy I hope you are feeling better today. Please be aware that your symptoms could also be heart related. Many women have had nausea during a heart attack. Please let us know you are ok.

Charm squares are 5" squares of fabric. I am thinking about also selling fabric cut with my die cutter. I do have a die for 4 1/2" circles. I don't know how big your yoyo's are. But I use that size now and then for yoyo's.

Patsy, I do hope your husband is doing better.

Well, it's time for bed.

Later all. Praying for everyone under the weather. Hope you are all feeling better soon.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  12:33:26 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Lovelies...

I made it to Church today and am happy to say that I felt fine all day today.

Bunny...thanks for the comment about heart attack warning signs. It was a good reminder. I have a Hyatal (?) Hernia that also can memick the signs of a heart attack. So, I asked my Cardiologist how I would be able to tell the difference. He said, "The number one sign of a heart attack is death."
Gee, thanks Doc.!

Thanks for explaining what a Charm Square is.
I do mostly heart shaped yoyo's. I'm not much for doing the round ones but I know some of the other MJF gals like the round ones.

Cherime...loved your skunk story too. I hear that tomatoe sauce really is the only thing that kills that smell. Never had to use it myself and hope I never have to either. LOL
~ How is that new mattress feeling?
~ Hope you are getting over that nasty cold and cough.

Cassi...I love to go on Ravelry too. That is a great site. I have never used DPN's though I own some. The gal who taught me to knit is really into knitting socks...so she gave me an extra set she had...but I'm with you...they just freak me out. I will probably never use them. ~ I love knitting for relaxation too. I do it every single night...it just helps me winde down from the day. I call it "Cheap Therapy". LOL

Patsy...thanks for telling Judy what DPN's are. We know she isn't crafty but we want her to know what we are talking about non the less. Ha Ha!
If your DH would just drink the olive oil and lemon it would really help keep the attacks at bay. Tell him it could mean the difference between ER or not.

Janet...so sorry to hear about your nephew's son. That is so very sad. And two in one family is just super hard. I will keep them in my prayers. So devestating for everyone in the family.

Today was a pretty low-key day. Went to Church and then out to Brunch with youngest son & his fiance'. Then they went to a wedding and my DH and I came home for a nice lazy Sunday afternoon NAP!
Tonight he worked on cleaning and unpacking his room and I worked on crafts. Tomorrow we are going to his Sisters for a BBQ which will be nice.

Happy Labor Day
EveryOne....
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 03 2012 12:39:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  04:45:31 AM  Show Profile
Happy Early Morning! Just popping in. I've been lurking but no time to write anything meaningful. Started my spiritual service month yesterday. I look forward to catching up with you ladies soon!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  08:46:03 AM  Show Profile
Oh Janet! I'm so sorry. My heart aches for y'all. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. How heartbreaking!

Peggy - I will use my DPNs. I will use my DPNs...Just trying to gear myself up. I love Ravelry so much. There are so many free things to make. I've got so much in my library on there that I want to make. I'm probably set for the rest of my life...yet I add more all the time, haha!

Patsy - You might get him to drink it if you tell him it could mean the difference between them doing surgery or not. I have no clue what you could hide it in that wouldn't flare the issue worse.

We're kicked back today. Hubby has the day off, then starts his new job tomorrow. He's been contracting with the company for a couple months now so the transition will be a smooth one. Then he's off to Houston early Wednesday morning. I'll probably just end up shoving our bed against the wall and bringing Monster to bed with me and Miss Raspberry that night. He'll be back by supper Thursday. Speaking of Monster - He bashed his little eye hard on the edge of a bookcase trying to climb over some books he had taken off of the bookcase. Poor kids eye looks terrible and he probably has a headache to boot. I've been allowing him extra tv time because of that. He's giggling back in our bedroom (our only tv lives there) watching Thomas and Friends. At least it's not Cars. He's worn that DVD out that last couple of months. I'm hoping for a Thomas overthrow of the Cars dynasty. I'm so over that movie, hahaha.

I hope everyone has a great Labor Day. We're cooking up some awesome turkey burgers while we wait for our beef to come back from the butcher. It's a gloomy rainy day here so our plans to go for a day hike are shot. It's okay though. We'll make do here.

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  09:31:06 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I read what Peggy n Cassi said here out loud to DH and he took his first dose of lemon oil! and it stayed down! I took a spoon of it first just to encourage him and he drank it down in one gulp..too funny! sure hope the blockage moves on it's own cause it hasn't moved since the attack started.have a great day and know you're all thought of. hugs all :)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)

Edited by - craftbug on Sep 03 2012 09:33:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  10:00:20 AM  Show Profile
Patsy, cracks me up you had to take the olive oil and lemon first to get DH to try. So like kids aren't they.

Peggy, do you cut your fabric into a heart shape before making the yoyo? Glad you are aware of the heart stuff. So DH is finally dealing with unpacking...after how many days?

Cassi, I had to laugh about the comments regarding Thomas and Cars. When my oldest was young, we watched the movie ET almost once a day. That and and another movie called Short Circut. With my youngest it was Barney. We sang all the songs and I was so glad when he grew out of the purple dinosaur! They still cring when I break out in song, "you are special, you're the only one, the only one like you......".

Cherime, I too have delt with skunks, tomato juice, beet juice and green apple shampoo. My poor big ole Scoobydoo got hit once and we all smelled like skunks for a day. My youngest son called from school about half an hour after I dropped him off asking me to come get him because everyone was complaining about how bad he smelled. I had to aire out the whole house. Wonderful little creatures. I'm sure God put them here for a reason.

Well today is money Monday. That means what ever I do in the sewing room has to be for earning money. I'll be working on my new Etsy stuff today and tomorrow. I'll finish binding my contract quilt binding while watching my Monday night favorite TV shows. I have both baby quilt tops done and now need to quilt them. Then another baby quilt for my mom to give to a friend. Too many projects and I'm running out of time before school starts in 3 weeks!

Stay healthy my friends...

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  11:25:42 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Sis for the craft definitions.(she's the best sissy) *giggle* Boy, that BIL of mine is such a baby. haahaha But so glad that the O.O.&L.J. slid down well....for BOTH of you. heehee "Bottoms Up!" hahahaha
Keeping ya'll in my Prayers.
Not doing anything today. Hot/sunny and humid today. I guess the hurricaine rains have passed. It was nice to get some rain from it though.
Well, Sistas, "Happy Labor Day to yuns!"

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  8:12:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi!Ladies,
Would anyone like to crochet or knit a pair of fringerless gloves for me? I need them to give to Savannah the girl Im a nanny for as part of her birthday present. I have the yarn and would need them by Nov.1st. I would mail you the yarn ,along with return postage and money for your fee. She's also getting a green and white scarve I crocheted.
With getting ready for the next step in moving and working . I just don't have time. Please let me know if anyone can help me out.
Thanks,
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072

Edited by - ruthie218 on Sep 04 2012 04:05:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2012 :  12:17:23 AM  Show Profile
Evening Lovelies...

I am going to be like everyone else and keep it brief tonight (I know...I hear ya all laughen
at that comment!)

Had a lovely family BBQ at my SIL's today. My BIL cooked big fat Pork Chops on the Grill. He is
Greek and he makes the best Pork and Lamb dishes. Anyway, We spent about three hours just visiting
and laughing and eating. It was a Wonderful Day. As we all have gotten older we don't seem to get
together as much as we use to. You know...Life Happens...we all get busy...and before you know it
half the year has gone by.

Tomorrow I have to start my Prep. for my Colonoscapy on Wed. I guess you all know what that means.
I will be hanging in the bathroom all day. I'm just so excited about that. LOL I will be glad when
Wed. afternoon has come and gone.

Patsy...so glad that you showed hubby that it didn't kill you to take it. It literally kept my husband
out of surgery for 3 years. BUT he did eventually have to have it out. Once the galbladder is full of
stones and diseased...you can only put it off so long.

Bunny...yes, I cut the fabric into 4 inch heart shapes.

Night Porchies...School starts here tomorrow...will have to watch driving through those school
zones again.

Don't Let The Bed Bugs Bite,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2012 :  08:46:26 AM  Show Profile
Morning Y'all! Another gloomy day. It's shaping up to be a wet September according to the farmer's almanac. It will make for some super pretty colors this fall!

Netty - How much has it changed? Obviously it was big enough to comment or unlike her enough to alarm you a bit. She could just be changing due to any number of life reasons. Or...it *could* be Alzheimer's. The other possibility is a brain tumor. I watched my Great-Grandfather's change due to Alzheimer's and I watched a dear friend's change from time to time with his brain tumor. I don't know her though or how much she's changed. I would hate to jump to a conclusion. Don't fret until you know for sure it's not just something simple like a life changing moment that brought about the personality change.

Bunny - I wore out Short Circuit, the "Ewok" movie, and Pete's Dragon. My parents can't watch any of those any more!! Haha.

Patsy - YAY!!!! Hehehe men can be such babies.

Peggy - It is funny how the older we get the less time we seem to have to just sit still and enjoy good company. Ugh on the colonoscopy. No fun.

Today, I'm mostly reading, knitting, crocheting, and snuggling babies. On a whim - I got on another chat board site I used to frequent to see how some of those ladies were doing. It made me upset though. People seem to think they can tell others how to raise their children and what's right for everyone. I already deleted my facebook over similar drama. I'm wondering if I've outgrown that other site as well. I should've just stuck with this site. LOL. It's one thing if someone asks specifically for advice on something, but to take someone's decision and trash it and make all the other mom's who make the same decision feel like crap or feel like they need to defend their position is not very nice at all. People are forgetting their manners more and more these days. The anonymity of the internet makes that easy to do. I wish we could all just be nice to one another.

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page