Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2012 :  10:57:45 AM  Show Profile
Think I got what I need from the store. Now for a nice strong cup of coffee so I can focus and as soon as the little wood stove is humming I can shut off the furnace and the angel and I can see to changing out that thermostat. My wood stove is too small to hold a big enough fire to take us through the night and my city girl GDD is not experienced enough to use it. The mere thought of her alone with a wood stove is terrifying.
Kim, sounds like you know quite a bit about ND stuff. Sometimes experience is the best teacher. Had to laugh when the "new attorney" who is as old as I and has practiced big time law came to me about a problem and I was amazed that he did not know the answer to the question right away.
Alicia, you are correct about that one. And there is no snow in sight for the foreseeable future. This is by far the oddest weather I have seen up here and I have been here since 1976. Never thought I would be asking God for a nice bit of snow pack. Weird.
Jan, take care of yourself. I know how it is working outside at below 0 immediately makes me start coughing. I am going to work my city girl a bit outside when she wakes up. Bet that nice cold air in her lungs puts a crimp in her cigarette style. ;>)
Off the the house wars. Blessing on each and every one of us.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2012 :  2:36:31 PM  Show Profile
Woho the HVAC angel came through. Got it all together with very little fuss. Had to do a bit of homesteader modification on the new thermostat, my wire lays on the wall and does not come through it. So I and my trusty Dremel tool made a nice little notch in the side of it so it would lay flat on the wall after attaching the wires.
Netty, I agree with you. It would be nice to be able to surround Bunny with a really big group hug. So Bunny consider yourself group hugged girl. You are needed and loved and absolutely of much value.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2012 :  4:47:50 PM  Show Profile
We've got bronchitis in our house too!! My daughter has it and I had to put her on antibiotics for the first time in her five years of life. Now my son is coughing. So I'm dosing them with stuff. Today I think I landed on something. I was looking through a book with recipes using essential oils. I mixed some olive oil (carrier oil) with rosemary, pine and the recipe called for eucalyptus but I didn't have any so I added in some olbas oil (it has eucalyptus in it). I rub it on their chest and mine just as a precaution and it seems to be helping. Their coughing isn't so bad and they seem to feel much better. So here's hoping. Hope everyone starts to feel better quickly.

Add me into the Bunny hug!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2012 :  12:27:37 AM  Show Profile
Awe Bunny Girl...see how much we all love you and need you on The Porch. You are one of our very own and dear to us all. And we do miss you when you hang back because you are affraid of bringing us down. Boo on that!
We want to lift you up!! So, here goes ONE BIG FAT HUGE PORCHIE HUG...Squeezels and all!!!

Kimberly...sounds like those essential oil combinations will help everyone breathe better. You Go Girl!

Cherime...so glad that your heating situation worked out. I'm with you...I don't think I would trust a city girl with a wood burning stove. (+:

Netty...that is too bad that you had to miss Church. That is one thing that I love about our Church is that we have the Computer Live Stream from every Service. There are a lot of Sundays that I can't go because I am in too much pain to sit for that long. But I can watch it from my computer, sitting in my very soft plush office chair, instead of folding Church Chairs. So, I never have to miss Church.
What a blessing that is. Because we all know that when you do miss a Sunday...something great always happens and you've missed out.

Talking about family traditions: When my boys where young I always bought them Chocolate Advent Calendars to count down the days until Christmas. This year my youngest son bought me one. (+:
Ooooohhhhh, I loved it! Not too many more days before I can start it. LOL

Janet...my goodness girl, you must have to be soooo very careful with your health. Praying for you big time!

Alyce...I think we all want to take Judy shopping with us after that great find.
How nice for Ric to get you the material for a new dress. You will have to show us a picture when you get it done.
I haven't worn a dress in so many years...I can't even remember the last time.

Tammy...hope the butterflies were good for you. Do you have pets in your classroom this year?
How is your little guard dog Jax doing?

Well, My Peachie Porchies...I am off for some sleep. I did a lot of Christmas shopping today. Infact I almost have it wrapped up. Just a few odds and ends left. That feels so good. Now, all I have to do is make out my Christmas Cards and just enjoy the Holiday Fun.

Sweet Dreams and Don't Feed the Nightmares,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 28 2012 12:32:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2012 :  06:34:05 AM  Show Profile
I am on my way back to bed. I ended up going to the ER last night, my fever was 101.8. The ER dr. wanted to admit me, but I sain I would try to stay home and get bed rest. I do not have pneumonia or anything in my lungs, but still coughing. They think it is the flu, even though I got my flu shot and the flu test was negative. My fever this morning is still 101.3. I got pain meds, antibiotics and nebulizer meds.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2012 :  08:35:33 AM  Show Profile
Jan sorry to hear that. Get as much rest as you can.
Kim and Jan this was on FB this morning. I think a lot of people are getting hit with something sort of fluish Sustainable Seed Company shared Hayley Hobson's photo of the mixture. "Even if it didn't knock out a cold, it would warm us all up and taste delicious. At the first sign of a sore throat, consider trying this 1 tsp local honey with 1/4 cinnamon take internally twice a day for 3 days for best results" Might be a good idea to try it.
Peg chocolate calendar? Yummmmm!

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2012 :  08:39:25 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for understanding. I do ok most of the time but sometimes like the holidays it gets a little more difficult to stay positive. I have always gone full steam ahead thinking everything is going to be great. But after a lifetime of choices not turning out so good I have lost my confidence. I meditate on a regular basis and try to listen to what God and the universe are saying. But too many times lately, I just don't hear anything.
Thank you all for the hugs and love. It is good to have a place to go when I feel backed into a corner. (Or am just not getting my way).

On a lighter note.....

Cherime, so glad you have heat again. That is just too darn cold for a little wood stove.

Janet, I'm glad you went to the ER. Sometimes things can get so much worse by putting it off. I hope you feel better soon!

Unlike a few of you, I'm not wishing for snow just yet. It isn't too bad here. We get a few weeks of good storms and then it is just cold. Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to go out initial.

Well, I have a nasty algebra test this morning. It is getting harder and harder for it to sink in. I have another test tomorrow night. Tomorrow morning I take my truck into the transmission place to be checked out. Please say a prayer it is something fixable and not a rebuilt transmission job.

Thank you for all the love!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2012 :  1:58:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, I am starting to feel better and up now, after 3 days in bed. My fever finally broke in the middle of the night, that scared me, because if there is a fever, there is an infection somewhere. I was told that if infection sets in, my hips and shoulder metal will not accept it and the infection will settle there, then it is getting them removed and flushed out for 6 weeks. I just cannot imagine that. This is the first time I had a fever with this cough. My lungs burn in the cold weather. Less than 2 years we will be in a warmer climate. In the meantime, I must be sure to wear a mask of a scarf. I did not eat for 3 days, finally got something down and am getting my strength back.
Bunny, glad you are perking up again. I know how hard it is with the empty nest and not being where you want to be. You will be rewarded for your hard work and effort.Keep your chin up and know that we all love you here and are here whenever you need us. I have 9 siblings, and all you gals are more of a family to me than they are. I only hear from 1 sister, we go out for breakfast each week. The rest I never see. Some live right here in town and I may bump into them in a store every 2-3 years!!! Isn't that awful??? I guess that is why I feel so close to all of you here. You are my extended family, for sure. I love you all and all the support and friedship I feel here lifts up my spirits to keep going.
Cherime, you do get alot colder that we do here, but we are not too far behind you. I hope you get snow soon also. You do need it to insulate. Glad you got the thermostat fixed.
I will try to post more later,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2012 :  8:18:34 PM  Show Profile
hi ladies,
I hope yall are doing well. I have to share a funny with yall from my butterflies. We have had a lot of illness in our classroom. I have not had my entire class for three weeks. Means a lot of make up work and trying to keep it straight. Yesterday one of my butterflies got sick. Here is the conversation I heard which made the whole situation a bit easier to deal with.. God does know when is the right moment for some humor

Third grader: Another second grader bit the dust.
Second grader who got sick: Mrs. Schroeder I am pretty sure I don't feel good now.
Teacher thinks: Hmmm...Lord I might not have noticed that butterfly was sick if not for the mess on her desk...thank you for bits of humor as I clear through this.

I just had to chuckle. Apparently the third grader thinks we have lost a lot of second graders in our room lately. Kids and the things they say...just make me laugh...humor was definitely needed yesterday. Today I had four out and I have so many piles of make up work I think I could get lost in it...so if you don't hear from me raise the flag for my wings I am probably knee deep in piles on my desk...hahahahah
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2012 :  12:48:36 AM  Show Profile
Janet...so sorry to hear that you have been soooooooo sick. But it sounds like you may finally be on the
mend. Don't over do...keep a low profile and rest as much as you possibly can until you are totally well.
I would definately give Cherime's little "wellness recipe" a try. It sure can't hurt as it is all
natural ingredients. Be sure and use local honey. We will keep praying for you.

Also, loved your sharing about your siblings and how we are more family to you than most of them. We are
here for you and each other...and I totally agree with you...I do not know what I would do with out each
one of you. You are Everyone such a huge blessing and source of encouragement to me personally. You are
my Porchie Family...and I need to be in communication with each one of you everyday.

I have heard people say that On-Line friends aren't real friends at all...and I just want to say THAT IS SO NOT TRUE. We are an extended family and I treasure your friendship sisters.

Teacher Tammy...Oh, I love those Butterfly Stories!!! "Kids do say the darndest things". I love little kids at Christmas time more than any time of the year. I love to see them in stores...all excited, with their high hopes and expectations, in Church doing their Christmas Plays and Musicals and just listening
to them around the Apartment Building. When I worked Retail...I had some precious incounters with Kids in
my store. One little boy came running into the store...way ahead of his mom...he was headed back to where
I ran Veggie Tale Videos at the back of the store, for my young shoppers. But as he got to the middle
of the store, he spotted a Nativity Display I had put up....and He came to a screaching hault. Stopped, looked at it for a minute...then yelled back to his Mother, "Mom, hurry up and come and look at God!"

It was such a priceless moment...I later wrote a Poem about it.

Also, every year children...would steal baby Jesus out of my Nativity sets. They would pocket him and take him home. I later wrote a poem about that too and placed a copy by the Nativities Each Christmas. I had more requests for copies of that Poem than any I have ever writtten.

Bunny...so glad to have you on sharing your heart today. We all love you and can relate to missing our kids
(you and your boys)...it is a Mother's worst heartache. I wish you could be around them more than just an
occassional Holiday. You know Bunny, something you said struck a chord with me tonight. You said, "...after a lifetime of choices not turning out so good, I have lost my confidence." I really think...when we each look back on our lives...we can honestly say, that they didn't turn out the way we
had planned or expected they would. BUT that is not necessarily a bad thing. It is a "Growing Thing". God's ways are not our ways. And what we consider hard, helpless, and hopeless...God uses to bring us closer to
him. A lot of our lives are spent in the Desert of Adversity...learn to TRUST, not in ourselves or our loved ones...but learning to TRUST and LEAN more heavily on God. My personal desert experiences have been
raw and difficult, but I would not trade them for those Temporary Mountain Top Experiences for anything.
In real life...I hate the Desert. I love tall trees and Mountain Ranges, or The Coast with the Might
and Tranquility of the Ocean. But I have found Streams of Living Water In the Desert and have learned to
drink deeply from them to the point of Spiritual Refreshing. I know that you know what I mean. So drink
deeply my friend...and draw closer and closer to The One Who Loves You Most.

My Bible Study Group was great tonight. We have our Christmas Party next Thursday Night and then we break
until after New Years.

I'm tired girls...so, I am off to read and then hunker down for a solid nights sleep.

More tomorrow...until then Sweet Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2012 :  10:08:25 PM  Show Profile
We've had a full and blessed day. Kids have had a blast. Drove into town and decorated cookies, had pictures with Santa and Mrs. Claus, wrote letters to Santa, went to the museum, Christmas caroling with our 4h group, enjoyed the lighted farm implement parade. Then we get to the truck and discover that I have locked the keys inside!!!! I'm so fortunate that my friend as AAA and she called in a tow truck to open the door. But it made it a much later night than I had intended. So after driving home in the rain (it is December isn't it????) I've got everyone tucked in by 10pm. Whew. So thankful for such a fun day and so thankful for having help when I needed it.

Hope everyone starts feeling better and hoping I don't get it!!! Don't send it through the internet, PLEEEEASE.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2012 :  12:19:39 AM  Show Profile

Here is our little tiny Christmas Tree. Apartment Size...and sparkly! I love it.
Simple and pretty!

I participated in the Traditional Christmas Stocking Swap/done by Beth Jones...and I
recieved my stocking from Cheryl Keyes yesterday. In the Stocking was a little Church Mouse
Name Mildred. Well, the first day she hung out by the stocking all day. Then today...I found
her visiting baby Jesus and family in my Nativity Scene. I have a feeling that she is a
curious little creature and that I am going to find her adventuring around my Apartment.
I plan to follow her everyday and see were she ends up. Should be fun! I will share pictures
with you. ~ I decided that I was only going to open one little gift a day to drag out the
fun. The first day I got a beautiful vintage Christmas Pin. Today I got stationery items and
they were packed in a colorful little Red Checkered Cardinal Bag. And there was a Christmas
dishcloth tucked in there too. Soooooo much fun!

Today...I went out Christmas shopping and ended up spending more on stuff for me than anyone else.
*bad mama bad* I never find anything I like when I have money and I am out shopping for me...but
just have $ when I am suppose to be buying for others and I find all kinds of things I want.
Now, that I got that out of my system...I think I can behave and do what I am suppose to be doing.

Netty...I am so with you..."Where Is Everyone????"...I might have to send out the Christmas Posse
to round everyone up. Hope you are feeling much better Netty and Janet too.
It is good to hear that you have a heart to help those less fortunate. My Bible Study Group took up
a collection to help the Homeless in our own City this Christmas. Usually we buy a Sheep or Goat or
chickens for Foreign Villages...but this year, it seems like the need in our own Country and Communitee
seems just as great as abroad. So, I feel really good about taking on this Project this Christmas.

Kimberly...sounds like you and the children had a wonderful day today...minus the locking the keys
in the car...but PTL for helpful friends.

Well, girls...off to bed. Probably will be doing Church from my computer again tomorrow. We have
been having Monsoon rain here and my body is revolting big time tonight.

May you all have visions of Sugar Plums in your dreams tonight,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 02 2012 12:23:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2012 :  09:35:57 AM  Show Profile
I'm here. I bet everyone else is trying to get warm or over some kind of crud. I promised myself I wouldn't do any homework today. I'm all caught up and only have 3 classes to finish up.
I took my truck into the transmission shop. He said I need a rebuild. It will cost $3000. Money I don't have. But they did a little work and he said I could keep driving it as long as I didn't do any long trips or pulled anything. Now I just have to wait for summer and try to find a job.
I pick my mom up from the airport tonight. So much for my time by myself. I was just getting use to it.
Last day of school is December 13. I could use the break. My sewing machine is lonely.

Sounds like everyone is getting into the season. Kimberly what fun you and your kids had. Bummer about the keys. If I had a dollar for every time that has happened. Good to have AAA to the rescue.
Peggy your tree looks very festive. I'm sure we will have a tree, but they are so expensive so it will probably be pretty small.
Betty, sounds like you have quite a project making all those jammies. I wish I had little ones to sew for. But neither of my boys are married.
Teacher Tammy, I sure hope you don't get sick with all those butterflies "biting the dust". Stay well.

Well, off to enjoy a day without homework...at least until it is time to get on the road. It is 1.5hours to the airport and it is suppose to rain big time. It is getting harder to drive at night especially when it is raining. Say a prayer. I pray the whole way anyway..lol.

Later all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2012 :  09:38:24 AM  Show Profile
Sorry, I meant Netty, not Betty. Sill spell checker!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2012 :  11:22:01 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, the size of the tree doesn't matter it's the wonder and beauty it brings into your life. I've seen trees professionally decorated 12' tall and they didn't impress me the way the little trees my children decorate for their rooms do. Praying that the Lord gives you some divine peace through your struggles.

Well today we were supposed to do a special during the service. The kids were going to recite Psalms 34 (yes they have it memorized) and then we were going to sing "I Saw The Light". Well, plans changed when at 3am my daughter started vomitting. Then the other end got in the act. My son comes out and tells me that his burps taste like throw up. Uhmmmmmm, think we'll stay home. So we're missing out on Church which is a bummer. But he hasn't thrown up yet and she's holding down water and soda crackers and we'll see if that slice of bread stays there too so we may be looking up. I'm desperately sorry to miss Bible Study tonight. I so look forward to it.

So thankful for friends today. Last night could have been a lot worse. My keys were locked in the truck. It was dark. And I was in Sunnyside (gang/crime issues). I called my friend to see if they knew how to break into my truck cause I'm clueless. I was very relieved to learn that it is really hard to break into my truck!!! :) Well those friends wouldn't leave me and the kids alone. And she called AAA so getting my truck open didn't cost me a penny. I apologized for my stupidness leading to inconvienence for them but they were all cool about it. I KNOW God's got my back but it's nice to know that I've got some friends there too. Being alone in Sunnyside at night is not a good thing. But to be completely honest I wasn't one bit frightened. And before my friend could even get there to help me out the car load beside me tried to help. The men were very kind and I got the feeling they were being protective of me. Isn't that sweet? To care about some strange woman and her children? My son said something about it being an emergency and I said it wasn't that bad. Who looked after us? And they both answered, "God did!!!"

Okay I've got to share this sweet little story about my children. We were sitting at the table eating and Jackson says, "Momma when are you going to adopt some children?" Nikole backed him up on it. I asked them why they wanted to adopt more children. They said they wanted more brothers and sisters. I informed them that I would love to have more children that I have lots of love to give to them but that the idea also scared me a little bit because it is a huge responsibility and so much work to raise children in the Lord. Jackson looks at me and says, "But Mommy you're the best mommy." Melted my heart and brought tears to my eyes. May he think the same thing when he is 50 and looking back on his life. Or even sooner than that as he's living through some discipline right now. He was bugging me wanting to watch tv and I told him no. He has such an addictive personality I really have to restrict such activities. Anyways he got mad about it and he took an elastic band and shot me with it. I turned around and asked him what he thought he was doing. He informed me that he wanted to watch tv and it wasn't fair that I wouldn't let him and so this was his punishment to me!!! We had a little talk about how I'm the mommy and he's the child and he doesn't get to make the rules or "punish" me. And then he was informed that he wouldn't be allowed to watch tv in any way shape or form for 1 week. He was stunned. He has since told me that he is really sorry hoping that maybe I will relent. But I won't. Next Saturday will be the first time he will be allowed to see a tv screen. I was talking to my hubby on the phone and told him what Jackson had done and he chuckled and asked how that went. I told him what I had done and he said he could get behind that 100%. I'm so fortunate that no matter how we are doing in our relationship hubby and I don't sabotage the parenting of our children. I can rest assured that when he gets home he won't allow Jackson to watch tv to spite me. And I can pretty much lay money on the fact that he'll have a little chat with him about it too.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2012 :  6:57:08 PM  Show Profile
Cherime, I love that you and your"Angel"work on projects together. That's cute!
Netty, I always grind my own coffee beans and I've ordered Gevalia for about 15 years now. Their coffee is so strong with lots of flavor, but not bitter at all.(i sound like a commercial*giggle*)So I guess I'm spoiled.McDonalds coffee tastes awful to Hubby and I.
But Mom's coffee maker is wonderful. It makes even the cheap coffee taste good. We're so happy with that purchase. So...what kind of candy do you make with your Mom? hard-tack,chocolates?
It feels good to be a part of a group of loving,caring,genuine women who are always here for each other. I'm proud to know you all! Big Hugs for my Gal-Pals!
Kimberly, thanks for the cough remedy. I always take note of new remedies.
Hang in there Bunny-Luv! More BIG(((HUGS))) for you Sista!
Jan, You poor thing. You sure have been through the wringer.Glad to hear the your meds are helping!
Kimbrly, a lighted farm implement parade sounds like great fun to me! hahaha
Peg, your tree is gorgeous! I love your Nativity too...and Mildred just adds to it's charm. She's so cute and reminds me of 3 mouses that my Mom, patsy and a Niece made me because they know how much I love mousies!hahaha Yes, please share her adventures with us. I can see a Beatrix Potter story in this. hahaha I wanna see pics every few days(if you don't mind) of your little gifts too. Plzzzzzzz! *giggle*
I bought myself a Jaquie Lawson Advent calender again this year. It's such fun clicking on each day and seeing what she has to share with me...puzzles, cards, making stuff,stories...grea fun! heehee I'm just a big kid.
Ya, I have that same problem when I go Christmas shopping for others. Where are these things when I go shopping for my self? hmmmmm? It's a plot to make us shop more, spend more money! hahaha
Kimberly, I'm glad to see that your DH takes your side with the kids whether he's there or not.
Well, today was in the low 50's but rainy. Made me sleep all day. I was feeling blaaaaah anyhow. So I gave in to it and slept.
Now it's time for bed.hahaha Are ya seeing a pattern here? Lots of sleep. hahaha
Nite Porchies!
PS Oh, remember that lady I met a few months ago at McDonalds,and we gabbed the afternoon away talking about God,cancer,working in the same pharmacy at different times but under the same pharmacist? and I went to her church a couple of times?Remember her?She died the other day...the cancer came back. I think that was part of the reason I felt so blaaaah today!Such a sweet lady too.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Dec 02 2012 7:02:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2012 :  7:16:33 PM  Show Profile
I am finally able to move around more and eat a bit more than yesterday. The antibiotics I am on make everything taste funny, but today I could finally drink a whole cup of coffee. Still tasted funny, but better. It rained yesterday and melted all the snow, today was warmer and little wind, so I did get out grocery shopping and finally got the yard decorated. Now I hope to be able to work on the inside and get the decorations up by the end of the week. I still have all my craft sale inventory piled up in my livingroom. I need to take pictures and get some of it put on my Etsy site.
Peggy, your tree is beautiful, and festive. I did not even start shopping yet. It just seems like the days are spinning by so fast. We will see how I feel this week. I don't like crowds, especially when sick.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  12:34:18 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...

OK...Judy asked for pictures so I will post pictures of the first 3 days of my Gifts.

Ok here is The Stocking I got from Cheryl (the one in the middle) with Mildred hiding
behind it.

Here is the Vintage Christmas Pin...the first gift I opened...isn't it beautiful?

These are the gifts I opened yesterday...that were tucked into that cute little cardinal bag.

Then today I opened this cute little notepad and the pretty lacey snowflake that is now on
my Christmas Tree.

And today Mildred wants to know: "Naughty or Nice?"

I have decided to make a Fun Stocking for my next door neighbor for Christmas...and suggest
she opens one gift a day until they are all gone too. She is a very Sweet little Mormon Lady.
But she is lonely. She is 64 and lives by herself. She is a Veteran. And she has Fibro and
Chronic Fatigue too. She is very Artsy/Craftsy too and so I think a Christmas Stocking would
help cheer her up. It's been fun so far for me and now, I am getting to share mine with you
guys...it makes Christmas a tad bit more Special, I think...when you have something to look
forward to everyday. And Mildred (is the only mouse I like...as Judy knows. Hee Hee!) She is
extra Special because she is a Church Mouse...so, I'm letting her stay!

Today was another very wet and dreary day. My pain last night was excruciating...and I'm not
sure why. I couldn't fall asleep until 4:30 this morning because of it. My pain meds weren't
touching it at all (which is not a good thing). They finally kicked in around 5:00 and I got
about 4 1/2 hrs of sleep in my recliner.

Kimberly...glad that hubby backs up your discipline with the kids. Parents need to present a
united front for the Childrens well-being. And good for you being a mom who doesn't make idle
threats but sticks to her word and backs it with action. ~ Sorry, the kids came down with the
crud and you all had to stay home. I know you hate missing Church as much as I do. But I can't
complain because I still get to view Church Services from my home computer. And ours was really
good today (again).

Bunny...oh, man oh, man why do cars and trucks have to cost so much money to keep opporational???
Did your mom fly out of PDX for her trip? Hope you didn't have too bad of a trip to get her at
the Airport in all the rain. And having to baby your truck wouldn't make it too much fun either.

Hope you got some sewing done today. You and your machine needed some "ME/together" Time. Glad you
had an entire day of no Homework. It will be nice when you are out for the Christmas Break and
can have a solid few weeks of just kicking back and doing whatever your little heart desires.

Hey, my tree is small and decorated all with Dollar Tree Store ornaments and I love it. You don't have to
spend a lot to make it special. It's all in your heart and mind. Even if I couldn't afford a tree...I would
probably make an outline of one on a wall in my living room with lights. Or decorate a plant in my house.
I have a 6.95 cent Charlie Brown Christmas Tree on a side table in my living room. It just has one red
ornament on it...and I smile everytime I pass that little pathetic thing. It is so cute!

Judy...I kind of know what you mean about sleeping all day. I am sure the news of your friends death
contributed to how you felt and why you slept too. That is sooooo SAD but Praise God that she is in
a much better place now and has no pain...and will never have to suffer again with Cancer or anything for
that matter. Chin up girlfriend...she would want you to rejoice with her. She woke up and met Jesus
face to face. She gets to spend Christmas with Jesus this year! It is those left behind that I feel
sorry for...her family, friends and Church Family. They will all feel the loss, like you...for awhile.

Alright off to take my pain meds and pray they kick in faster tonight. Iam really tired so I am sure
that will help.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  7:19:03 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Sipping on a cup of Chocolate Mint Tea tonight. Trying to stay relaxed as it's going to be a very hectic couple of weeks. So how has everybody been? I'll try to go back as I can and read postings. To catch you up a bit with me ---

I landed a job as the adminsitrative assistant/assistant director of the National Buffalo Museum. I LOVE my job. We have the only 3 albino buffalo in the world. Isn't that cool! Our herd on average is about 30 but fluctuates with calving and such. I work in the museum doing everything from helping to running the gift shop and Museum to all the administrative work. The Gaming Manager also has me working the gaming aspect doing primarily Bingo. Lots of hats LOL I really like the Director I work for but she's just accepted a position as the Director of the Chamber of Commerce here. We're hoping she can take me with her. Matt wants me to put my resume in for Director but I don't think I want the obscene amount of work that would entail and lousy pay. We shall see what the higher ups have planned for me I guess. This is one of our albino bulls that I took a picture of this fall.

This weekend I'm doing with the Director to a buffalo sale and running a booth with some of our products. It's supposed to be really cold and we'll be in an unheated sale barn all day Saturday. Glad I picked up a pair of flannel lined jeans a couple weeks ago :O) I need to relearn how to layer for this type of coldness here. I hope it will be fun.

I'd hoped to get the Christmas decorations up this past weekend since it's the only weekend for a while I'll be home but we ended up doing a lot of shopping. Found a steal on a farmhouse table that is working awesome as a desk for my laptop computer and will be great for sewing and other crafting. It was priced at $167, clearanced to $89 but when I noticed it had a crack in the top the manager dropped it to $56. I couldn't pass it up for that price.

Well need to work on some knitting and possibly read a smidge before I head to bed tonight.

I gave Judy another email address to send the addresses to. I have all my tea envelopes ready, they just need addresses and I'll do my best to get them out before I leave Friday. Have a warm and blessed evening everybody :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  12:14:58 AM  Show Profile

This was the Book and Bookmark in my Stocking today. The cool thing is...I know this Author personally.
She use to live here in Vancouver...but has now moved to Florida. I had her do Book signings for me
in the Two Christian Book stores I managed and I had her come to my Church and speak to the Women.

I have not read this book by her however...so that will be fun. Except her books usually are tear jerkers.
You need a box of kleenex when you read Karen Kingsbury's books. LOL

And here is Mildred hanging out with a couple of The Angels Today. (+: Where else would a Church
Mouse be? Hee Hee!

RFM Tammy...Oh, the albino Buffalo is so sweet! It doesn't look as white as I have seen some.
What a cool job you have!!! Sounds like such a step up from what you did before you moved there.
So happy for you girl!!! ~ What an awesome steal you got on that Farm Table. Lucky you! I love a
great buy. ~ Look forward to your tea coming in the mail too.

Hi Netty...yes, Mildred is a lot of FUN. I am rather easily amused, can you tell? LOL ~ I would love
your haystack recipe and your Oreo balls. I have never had either one of those and they sound good!

Well...I have been working on Christmas Cards tonight and watched The Voice. Do any of you gals watch
the Voice. This has been the first season DH and I have watched and we have really enjoyed it. Great
talent and wonderful coaches.

Off to bed to read. More tomorrow Ladies.

Love and hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  07:13:41 AM  Show Profile
You KNOW Karen Kingsbury!!!!!! Seriously? Okay how about Francine Rivers???? Because if you KNOW all my favorite authors we are going to have to have a tea party with them and that is that. :)

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  07:40:26 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, congrats! That sounds so cool!

Jan, SO glad you are feeling better!

Peggy, *squee!* That says it all.

SO tired today. We had to have maintenance out for an emergency plumbing call late last night. Naturally. I had to be up early for work. Need...more...coffee....

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  08:59:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi all. Gearing up for one last bazaar. Also, trying to get things at work up to snuff as my last day is the end of this month. How very odd that sounds as I have been working for these guys since 1986. So I have one more paycheck. Looking forward to what God is going to provide. Should be interesting.

Kim, I have done the locked keys in the truck routine. In the cold weather that is a very bad deal. So I keep a spare key that just opens the door on my purse and I keep a hidden key on the truck. Both my kids have keys as well. As you can tell I have done that one too many times!

Peg, love the pictures. I do not usually decorate for Christmas as I have cats and a tree, unless very tiny and tied down would be an “attractive nuisance” and probably destroyed in short order. I watched one of the cats yesterday with a rubber band. He hooked his claws into it and then pulled it out as far as he could with this teeth, let it snap away and the chase was on. I call my two squirrels.

Netty, glad to hear that you are getting to do something that you like to do.

Judy, I ask God for angels to come and help all the time. I need them to hold the house together in the hurricane force winds we have been having lately, I ask that they hold the trees down and keep it all together. After all the only husband I have now is Jesus and the angels do what he tells them.
I know that sounds a bit off the wall but it does say to ask, so I ask.
I love that “cup of Johan” also. But my boss springs for them. An alternative for me is Newman’s Own, Nell’s Breakfast Blend. I really like the whole beans but will take ground if that is all that is available at the time.

Jan, very glad to hear that you are doing better.

Bunny. Good job on school. Atta Girl!!! Just keep on keeping on and you will get there.

Tammy, Buffalo Gal! Great job. That probably will be a cold one but also a lot of fun.

Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  6:01:59 PM  Show Profile
I am feeling alot better. Still coughing, but able to move around and do things now. I did some shopping today, felt good to get out for a few minutes. It finally quit raining here, was colder today, in the 30s, now it is only 21 degrees. May have some snow this week off and on. I would rather have snow than rain this time of the year. I still do not have my decorations up in the house, hope by the weekend I can get hubby to help me.
Peggy, your pictures are a treat to see. It is putting me in the mood. I am so far behind this year, then getting sick put me back a week. I will catch up, I am sure.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  7:05:17 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
I thought I would bring yall some rose tea as I have a bit of a cough that I am sure came from my dear butterflies. This week we are preparing for our Christmas program and cookie walk. I have managed to have all my butterfliess back in class. One little butterfly said Mrs. Schroeder don't you just love the hum of our wings...we are back in action. I giggled and thought Lord could we snip their wings back a bit befroe Christmas or they are likely to fly so high we won't get them back...but it is good to have them all healthy...they are funny. WE decorated our class tree and hung up lights...of course they had to blink they said like butterfly wings flap...so we have blinking lights.

My tree is up at home as well in our new house. I will have to take a picture Peggy your tree is so pretty and you know Karen Kingsbury? Wow that is awesome.

well ladies I have some clothes to fold and still tgrying to finish this scarf for friend. I am anxious to get it done so I can start an afgan I saw for beginners of crochet.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page