Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Do 1 thing you love everyday ....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Do 1 thing you love everyday .... Next Topic
Page: of 2

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  09:07:51 AM  Show Profile
My bible time, my chat time [facebook and here], and a quite moment to watch the land!
I may not do each of them everyday, but I try and I love it!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  12:12:56 PM  Show Profile
I spun at my spinning wheel, it is so soothing to feel the wool slip through my fingers and twist into fiber.

Gratefully living on the "fat of the land".
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  7:00:20 PM  Show Profile
We have three Danes at the moment. We have Layla who is about 2 and we took in after she had her second litter of puppies. The owners turned her over to a rescue she is beautiful and sooooo sweet. Then we have Kira who was also used as a breeder. She had eye problems and mastites and mange. My daughter went to look at her puppies and they told her that once the puppies were gone they were going to put her down so my daughter came home with Kira rather than a puppy. She has had eye surgery and the mange is cleared up. She is sweet. Then we have Zoose the Moose. My daughter was driving down a country road at dusk one evening and nearly hit something with her car. She thought it was a calf. She didn't see if for a moment then started to drive away and he chased her down the road. She realized it was a dog and picked him up. He had a chain around his neck with huge sores caused by the chain and a sore the full length of his back that was raw and filled with puss. He is good now and adorable. I love them all.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  08:33:33 AM  Show Profile
Beth, it sounds like you and your daughter are a couple of angels.

Catching up with all of you is one of my pleasures today. I am sitting with my dad at the hospital, his new knee went septic and they did a surgery to clean out all the necrosed tissue. The bacteria grew out E-coli. I am so grateful that he is here with us. We very nearly lost him.

Gratefully living on the "fat of the land".
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  4:29:42 PM  Show Profile
Today I visited with one of my former co-workers. I have been retired for a year and a half and have seen them only a few times.
I worked there for about 8 years and it felt a bit like missing family.
I remembered this woman for many reasons. When I first met her, she was a quiet,serious young single woman. As a group we shared in the joy of her engagement to a wonderful guy, knowing they both wanted to start a family as soon as possible, the joy when she found out she was pregnant and then sharing the pain of her miscarriage.
I remember one day, just knowing she was pregnant again by a different look in her eye and understanding why she didn't share the news for a while.
Today she was sharing pictures of her son's first birthday party. Her laugh was ready and the joy was clear. She was wearing a brilliant blue sweater, the color of her baby's eyes. I loved listening to her telling how wonderful he is and sensing her happiness and contentment. It brought back memories of when I was that age and had my first child.

"You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.....
But you can be happy if you've a mind to. All you've gotta do in knuckle down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it!"
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  06:33:03 AM  Show Profile
Well it seems that I need to stop in here everyday...and that is one thing I love! Another thing I make sure I make time for is journaling. I'm a bear without time to write and connect with myself...well, that and a cup of coffee!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  07:39:22 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
This morning what makes me happy.... I went to the gym and weighed in.. I have lost my first 10 pounds... SWEET. I am going to have tea with a women at owns the Sawyer Mansion this morning (Wapato WA), She also has an atique store in her carriage house.. All the antiques come from England and to top it all off.. I get to go buy a new purse from a gal who has a store here in Prosser and she is offering to send 50% of her sales today to Haiti....Awwwww~ the perfect Friday morning.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

Edited by - ruralfarmgirl on Jan 29 2010 07:40:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  11:34:19 AM  Show Profile
Congrats on the weight loss, Rene. Sounds like you had a beautiful day!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.wakeupstartlearning.blogspot.com
www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mamawolf
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Heather
Sublimity OR
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  4:27:15 PM  Show Profile
Today,.......I discovered this forum! I love it! I can wait to start in on my farm, then doing something I love, each day, will be an all day thing!

Mamawolf

We Are,...American Farmgirls(and darn proud of it!)
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  06:05:24 AM  Show Profile
I just love being up before everyone else and getting on here and chatting. I also enjoy some reading time each day.
Have a wonderful Groundhog's Day!!
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  09:32:24 AM  Show Profile
I have to count this website as my favorite thing, along with reading my Bible. I enjoy hanging wash too. Oh and I MUST have coffee every morning. I also like to check in on my animals every morning. Now that I am home schooling I have a son who has taken over (sort of) feeding and caring for them.

Michelle

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

Beechwoodbear
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Jayne
Quakertown PA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  07:07:40 AM  Show Profile
Lately the one thing that I have been doing is teaching myself to crochet..I have been working on different dishcloth patterns, so I can learn different stitches !!
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  05:58:19 AM  Show Profile
Jayne, that's the way to go. Those dishcloths are always welcome. Soon you will start a bigger project.
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.
Go to Top of Page

KaleidoscopeEyes
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Stephanie
Amesbury MA
20 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  4:48:02 PM  Show Profile
A couple of things I love to do everyday are crochet, take a couple of photographs outside, enjoy a good cup of coffee and read a book. But my absolute favorite thing is to enjoy a great dinner with my boyfriend at home.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  5:42:02 PM  Show Profile
Today I went to my mother's house for the afternoon. She's 85 and doesn't get out much. We had dinner together and spent the afternoon telling stories about fun things we remembered and crocheted. I was working on my potholder swap. We had a very nice time together.
Blessings, Brenda
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  5:42:33 PM  Show Profile
Drink my cup of coffee in bed each morning and read... i need my quiet time in the morning before i get going.

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  6:40:50 PM  Show Profile
Reading, being with friends and doing something that I love with them, and also being a part of the chamaraderie on this forum.
God's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Do 1 thing you love everyday .... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page