Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Violet's rashes are keeping me guessing...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Violet's rashes are keeping me guessing... Next Topic  

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  08:18:30 AM  Show Profile
A new week, a new rash in the world of Violet Mae. Other than this pimply raised rash that covers most of her back and chest/stomach (and NO where else!) she's right as rain.

No fever
eating/drinking fine
happy as a lark
sleeping through the night

The only thing I can think is that it could be the Johnsons baby oil/gel that I bought late one night at Walgreens because that was the "choice"...her skin has been dry and the lotions don't seem to be cutting it so I thought that "maybe" an oil would be better. That's the only change prior to the occurrance of this rash. The last time she had a rash was when I used a sample of the Johnson's (pink) baby lotion. Smelled heavenly, but not for her.

Any ideas? I thought food allergies were isolated to the trunk of the body--am I wrong?

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  08:34:04 AM  Show Profile
I would stay away from Johnson products if you have now had two occurences.

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page

Dumplin
True Blue Farmgirl

95 Posts

Kayla
Central Florida Florida
USA
95 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  08:39:46 AM  Show Profile
I'd only use organic products on her. I am allergic to anything that isn't organic. Right now the back of my finders near the hand have little tiny red bumps. The only new food I've eaten was blueberries, organic. And, I broke down and bought a non-organic hand soap. But, this just came up last week. Going to my doc. tomorrow and she will track it down with her homeopathic testing machine. Love it!

www.reflectionsofkayla.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  5:08:53 PM  Show Profile
Food allergies are not isolated to the trunk of the body. My husband is allergic to shrimp. It closes off his throat. Watch her closely.
Children under age 5 usually out grow their allergies but sometimes like my son they don't.

Madelynne

johnandmadelynne.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  7:05:18 PM  Show Profile
My girls use Lubriderm on the babies. They found the baby stuff to strong and caused all kinds of stuff. I would try a mild bar soap not Ivory and the lotion. Stay away from any thing with a smell.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

Edited by - gramadinah on Jan 26 2010 7:06:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  7:39:39 PM  Show Profile
My nephew is allergic to dairy and this happens to him. He can't even have things with butter in it or he breaks out all over! Poor kid!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  7:59:33 PM  Show Profile
Jonni--how is Violet today? Could it maybe be a prickly heat rash? If she's dressed to warmly heat rash is like that.

Or I'd have to agree with the lotion. When Levi's pores get clogged up with soap or lotion etc, he breaks out in the tiniest pimply bumps just wherever I've put the lotion which in most cases is well, all over.
Hope you find some relief for you both soon.
big hugs
Jess

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." ~Abraham Lincoln

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Violet's rashes are keeping me guessing... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page