DebbieSue
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Debbie
TX
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  5:04:33 PM  Show Profile
I am just curious.....Do any of you ladies have long hair? I have admired long healthy hair all my life, so I was just wondering if any farm ladies wear their hair long anymore?

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  5:23:25 PM  Show Profile
Past my shoulders. Never too long.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

2quilter
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Patricia
Greenwood IN
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  5:35:19 PM  Show Profile
long, think, and it does what it wants....big hair never did go out of style w/me...

When life hands you scraps, make quilts!
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  5:37:12 PM  Show Profile
To my butt!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  5:44:23 PM  Show Profile
Mine was more than halfway down my back but I just cut it a few weeks ago. I thought it was making me look too old. It's all natural with gray streaks. It's shoulder length now but I can still put it in a ponytail where it stays most of the time. I hate hair in my face. I love long hair, though.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  5:49:20 PM  Show Profile
Mine is waist length and about as straight as it gets.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  5:55:38 PM  Show Profile
Right now it is shoulder length. Most of the time it has been half way down my back. About a year ago, I cut it real short. I really did like it short. I just like change, and when it is short, I can only wear it one way. When it is real long I french braid it or twist it and clip it. It is all natural.in color. I really don't have very much gray.

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  6:06:29 PM  Show Profile
Right now it is just past my shoulders. I had it cut about 16 months ago, really, really short, I thought at my age maybe I shouldn't have long hair anymore. But, you know what, I hated it so much that I let it grow again, and I will probably never have short hair again.
I will be one of those little old ladies who wears their hair in a bun during the day and a long braid at night! :)
It desperately needs a trim though, it is naturally curly and gets very frizzy when it needs a trim.
Oh, I will probably keep growing it for awhile to see how long I can get it!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Nothing we achieve in this world is achieved alone. It is always achieved with others teaching us along the way. Lee J. Colan

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  8:13:11 PM  Show Profile
Mine has been long for years. It got to my waist this past summer and I just about a month ago had it layered and cut to just below shoulder length.It is curly and hard to manage this way and I plan to grow it back out..sigh.That always happens.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

Edited by - Aunt Jenny on Feb 08 2010 8:14:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  8:39:10 PM  Show Profile
Mine is mid-back. I've had every length at one point though. I change my hair a lot. This is the longest I've grown it out in a long time.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan, wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3305 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3305 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  9:09:24 PM  Show Profile
I do!

I haven't cut my hair in about 3 years. I always wear it up... though my DH would much rather have it long and loose, but I think I am too old for such foolishness! I don't think I will ever cut it again because a few years back when we were on vacation in South Dakota, I noticed an elderly lady with the most beautiful french twist---she was a knock-out...simply dressed, hair up and very chic. That's when I decided I wouldn't cut my hair again..I have many streaks of gray and dark brown and my hair is very curly with little wisps always falling out of my top knot---making me look rather frazzled, but it's definitely me!

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  9:16:21 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That I do. It is dark golden blonde, with some red highlights when the sun hits it. It's to the middle of my back almost to my butt. It's never been cut in my 15 years of life, never been dyed, or anything like that. It's all natural!!!
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  9:40:46 PM  Show Profile
I always wanted hair like Crystal Gayle.... Channah, you're too young to know who she is. You might have to google her! Ha Ha
I obsessed over thinking about how she slept at night, how she kept it so nicely brushed, how she went to the bathroom without...well, you know. Although I also liked Cher's hair in the "Half-breed" picture. I always tried to flip my hair back the way she did.

The longest I've had it is below my waist. For the past 20 years I've kept it just below my bra strap line. I'd like it to grow longer but I think it has slowed down.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  11:49:58 PM  Show Profile
Boit anymore, went to get a haircut last week and LOVE it :)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  04:55:16 AM  Show Profile
Middle of my back. But mostly it's up in a high pony tail.

Farm Girl #790

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  06:22:23 AM  Show Profile
Down to my butt. I cut it shorter about a year ago and really liked it but now it has grown out again. The shorter it gets the curlyer it is. And yes I do have trouble in the rest room. I don't go anywhere without a hair band on my wrist just in case.

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  9:16:04 PM  Show Profile
my oldest daughter had ankle length hair until about a year ago, and yes she was compared to Crystal Gayle on numerous occasions as her hair is dark brown too..it is now waist length almost to her bottom. Mine is waist length also, almost to my bottom. My youngest daughter also has waist length hair too, almost to her bottom.

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  9:59:07 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh I think I have heard of her and checked her out on google. lol Her hair is sooooo long!!! I want her hair!!! I guess when I'm 50 it might be that long. My hair grows really slow. It took me 15 years to get it this long. lol
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  07:45:57 AM  Show Profile
Maggie it will grow better with a trim about every 6 to 8 weeks not much but about 1/2 inch the root is trying to mend the hair at the ends so it works at that instead of growing from the roots and to have nice straight lines a cut is needed.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  08:01:00 AM  Show Profile
I usually do a crastic cut when some life altering event happens. Mine has grown from super short to the middle of my back in less than 3 years. It is no longer the thick hair of my youth. It's fine and salt/pepper. That's ok. I tell myself I have earned the gray. I gave up coloring a few years ago! I don't plan on cutting it really short again. It's so much easier to pull into a braid.

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  10:06:27 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh I forgot to say that I trim the ends every now and then. lol Thanks Diana!!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

fiddlegirl89
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Kayla
Dunnville KY
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  11:22:42 AM  Show Profile  Send fiddlegirl89 an AOL message  Send fiddlegirl89 a Yahoo! Message
Mine's halfway down my back, I guess, and my mom's is a little past her waist. She nearly always wears her hair down and people think that she and I are sisters most of the time! I don't think it makes her look older at all...she'll be 40 in April, and I'm almost 21! I just love it when older ladies have long hair, and it's really pretty when it's grey, I think!
~Kayla

http://www.custerfamilyfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Cowgirl Cocinera
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Dana
Chelsea OK
USA
105 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  1:55:01 PM  Show Profile
My hair is long and straight, mid-way down my back. My 90 year old Mom has long hair to the middle of her back, but she keeps it up in a French bun most of the time. Before her weekly visit to the beauty shop she takes it down and brushes it, rubbing a tiny bit of olive oil on her scalp.

Cowgirl cookin' makes you good lookin'
Go to Top of Page

quiltin mama
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Heather
Crescent City CA
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  11:50:48 AM  Show Profile
Wow, I'm surprised at how many ladies have long hair here!
Mine is mid- back. :)

my blog www.mountainhomequilts.blogspot.com
handmade quilts on etsy www.mountainhomequilts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  2:57:38 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I too have long hair. Usually it is either braided or put up with a barret. Love having it long, had short hair in school, hated it! LOL!

Joanna #566
JojoNH

http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  3:15:39 PM  Show Profile
Mine is just past my shoulder blades. Have had it very, very short but now I find it just easier long b/c I can tie it back or put it up in french twist.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Do You Have Long Hair? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page