Page: of 6

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  08:45:36 AM  Show Profile
Amy, I did the same thing! I was in reenactment and ren fairs and had super long hair...my thyroid went belly up and it is too thin to wear that long. I am happy with it just below the chin. It is much fuller this way and keeps me looking younger in spite of the silver hairs peeking through =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  09:21:48 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I welcome the silver peeking out. (Most days!!) My daughter told me I look sparkly.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  09:47:46 AM  Show Profile
I had long hair down my back up until Christmas when I cut off 13 inches for locks of love-it is my third time to do this! They take & make wigs for kids without hair-either from cancer or alopecia areata? sp? I am starting over for my fourth run-when it gets gray then they sell it to raise money to make the wigs so I guess I can just keep growing!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  12:01:55 PM  Show Profile
Dawn,
You are a girl after my heart. I too have short hair...I too like the spikes and never thought of purple extensions...I love purple. I am so glad to know I am not the only one with short sassy hair.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  8:45:39 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
I have long hair, too, down to the middle of my back, with bangs. I just love it! And Dawn, you go, girl!!!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Member, Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter
Go to Top of Page

Sugar Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Pamela Jean
Sugarloaf Ca
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  9:58:56 PM  Show Profile
Mid neck, whacked it off 3 years ago.

Stand for What's Right!
Go to Top of Page

princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  3:06:07 PM  Show Profile
I have long hair. Mid back, very thick and poker straight. Through my life I had had it cut super short, but then I get tired of it and end up growing it out. At work it is in a ponytail, But I usually just let it down. I am very fortunate to have good hair. I don't pay to much attention to it, I wash it twice a week and let it air dry.

Arttie
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  4:42:27 PM  Show Profile
My hair is just below my shoulder blades now. I've had it longer, but last year got it cut to shoulder length. Trying to make it healthier. I need to get in for a trim now, but I won't go much shorter. Oh and it's blonde and a bit curly. People always think I have thick hair because of the curl, but it is really fine. The problem with the fine hair is that it just slides right out of any kind of braid or updo. I like it staying blonde though.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Hazel
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Jen
Bridgeport Pa
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  12:04:08 PM  Show Profile
Mine is... Well... Imagine a real life version of the new Disney princess from the movie BRAVE! Long, red, super wild curls and it has a mind of its own! Lol and no, I'm not Irish! We don't know where the red comes from. My dad has reddish tones, and my 3 cousins do too, but mine is way redder than anyone's. My 2 sisters are blonde and brunette and my 2 girls are blonde and brunette.. Maybe if I have a third baby the red will come out again? Hmmmmm...
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  12:27:24 PM  Show Profile
I have had my hair long just about all my life. I did cut it short, when I thougth a woman my age should not have long hair. But quickly found out just how much less work my hair was long.
So now it is about half way down my back. But, I can braid, pony,or clip it up.

Teri
White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  9:24:31 PM  Show Profile
I've had mine short for awhile and am growing it long again-it's naturally curly so it's on my shoulders at the moment-but wanting to sport a glorious waterfall again.

http://www.mandolinbabe.biz

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin,uke strummin,banjo pickin, & fiddle sawin' Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  12:17:41 PM  Show Profile
Mine goes up and down as I get in the mood for long or short. It's red and curly and always waving at someone. I like it back until I am going out dressed up then it's fixed nice and pulled up with a pretty hair accessory of some kind.
I use an organic henna dye every now and again that works great.

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.chartreuseprodcuts.com/marshajaramillo.html

www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com
Go to Top of Page

cozie lady
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Mt Pleasant MI
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  09:54:12 AM  Show Profile
Here is a question about the long hair. How often do you wash yours. I have been trying to get away from washing it everyday like I did with my short hair. What do you think is the healthiest? 3 times a week, 2 times, 1 time?

amy r
sister #4186
Go to Top of Page

chickensforme
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Anne
Coopersburg Pa
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  10:06:10 AM  Show Profile
I am 55 years old and only have had my hair cut once short. Hated it.
I keep it about waist length, but like a lot of other girls, its in a ponytail or up on top of my head.

" A dogs tail never lie's"
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  10:32:36 AM  Show Profile
I wore mine long for 30 years, think I will grow it out, I miss the braid. It was so hard to wash all that long hair without a shower, that I only did it once a week. I braided it all the time, and it stayed cleaner. I washed it in the bathtub, and DH would pour clean water over my head to rinse. My hair tangles so bad I couldn't wash it in the sink.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  10:38:17 AM  Show Profile
My MIL told me that her MIL only washed hers about once a month. It was very long, I don't beleive she ever cut it. I remember her, and she was always neat and clean, and nicely dressed, but I never saw her hair down. She had it braided and wrapped around her head. In between she combed something thru it. I am thinking cornstarch, but that is maybe just my faulty memory. Does anyone remember their grandmas doing something like that?

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  10:52:41 AM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn, my grandmother wore her hair plaited and wrapped in a bun. My grandmother had never in her life cut her hair.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  3:15:32 PM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn, it probably was something like cornstarch. Some people use baby powder as a dry shampoo. And the new dry shampoos are often made of rice starch.
Go to Top of Page

neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  11:21:49 AM  Show Profile
One of my fondest memories is my grandmother taking her hair down from her bun in the evening and brushing it out before bed. It was below her waist and snowy white. In the morning she would brush it, twist it around and around and coil it into a bun for the day.

Edited by - neeter302 on Oct 01 2012 11:22:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shabby lil Farmgirl
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Nicola
Fowlerville Mi
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  03:01:33 AM  Show Profile
I have naturally curly hair which I am growing out but it is very slow.

I am going to start cutting the bangs myself to save $ on the hairdressers. I just tend to cut the curls a few at a time as they get crazy. No real style, I don't suppose!

Love how Mary Jane wears hers. If only, lol :)

The older I get, the dryer it becomes, so I am trying to not wash it everyday but then it just ends up a little bushy and frizzy looking. Need to dye it a lot now too! Wish I could age gracefully and be happy with the grey, but I am not quite ready for that yet.

Busy Making Lemonade with all the Lemons that life gives me... Finally tasting sweet!!!
Go to Top of Page

Annette Kath
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Annette
Carlock IL
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  06:25:20 AM  Show Profile
I trimmed my hair 2 weeks ago and it is 21" long from root to tip. I hadn't trimmed it since Nov 2011 and before then I hadn't trimmed it for 2 yrs. I no longer use a curling iron or color. I wear it up in a bun most of the time.

To answer Amy; I used to wash it every 3 days but now tend to wash it every 2 days. Just depends on oily build-up.

Annette
Go to Top of Page

mandymarie20
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

7 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  11:15:23 PM  Show Profile
I've had my hair long ever since second grade. I hated it short as a child. My hubby likes long hair too so I don't tend to cut it that often. I cut a few inches off every few months to keep it healthy. I just cut four inches off.

I try to wash it every other day, but can't wait too long or my hair gets too greasy.

I've heard cornstarch and baby powder work as good dry shampoos. I have used commercial dry shampoos before and I just don't like the way it feels. Nothing beats shampoo and water.
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1609 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1609 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2012 :  3:17:02 PM  Show Profile
At 61 I have long salt and pepper hair have only cut short a few times. I need to trim it a little. I usually wrap it up in a bun or a twist. Then at night take it down and brush it. I wash it every other day.
Laurie

"Smile and be yourself everyday"
Country girl at heart
Laurie

Aprons and More by Laurie is on my FB page
Go to Top of Page

Yart
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

MI
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2012 :  5:02:06 PM  Show Profile
My hair is to the middle of my back still growing it back out.... I tend to wash every 2 / 3 days just depends on how oily it gets.

www.mythirtyone.com/224740
Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie. ~Jim Davis
http://urban-eco.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  02:10:03 AM  Show Profile
I'm 64 yrs,old and I wear my hair short and spiked up a little. I love it short and I get alot of comments on it. I keep it colored and I feel so much better when I have some color on it.So easy to take care of.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Do You Have Long Hair? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page