Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  05:57:20 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina, your project is just so cute! What a great job you did making it all so perfect. I love the theme and what fun it will be to add more things each year and expand the centerpiece.

There are so many other wonderful and lovely projects going on here as well. Wow! There will be lots of thrilled package openers this year!!
I am still working on my Knit for Victory Vest. Gosh, it is taking me a long time. I am used to faster projects. So, I have knitted a few pairs of fingerless gloves plus a cowl to break up the monotony. Now, I have a pair of short knitted leg warmers for a best friend . She requested a black pair to go with her boots so I finally got the yarn to start. There is no rush on completing the vest and with the holidays here, I wanted to focus on making sure I had all gifts completed early for mailing.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2014 :  08:59:58 AM  Show Profile
I made a quick and easy Christmas snow scene for my desk at work. It is a small canning jar with cotton balls and a small Santa skiing. If I can find tiny trees I'll add them too.

Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2014 :  12:22:23 PM  Show Profile
Those are so sweet Vanessa!
I am working on placemats for my sil who love sparkles and butterflies!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2014 :  12:23:41 PM  Show Profile
Here is a pic of what the next to will be out of!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2014 :  8:21:50 PM  Show Profile
I bought this fab-fun fabric to make a table quilt,,, still have not had a chance to start! uuggh!

well, I still have a wee bit of time left,,, if I could only stay focused! lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2014 :  2:18:12 PM  Show Profile
but I did finish up some re-purposed Cashmere neck scarves...

I find cast off cashmere sweaters at the Thrifts,,, wash them, cut them up, stitch them up and voila! warm, snuggly neck scarf...
oops, didn't mean to sideways post... and this one is on it's way to PA... to keep a farm gal pal's neck warm while she is out mucking stalls... I added the re-cycled lace & button trim.. just because..

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Dec 01 2014 2:20:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2014 :  02:00:57 AM  Show Profile
I love seeing everyone's projects, we sure have some creative girls here :)

I finished my first quilt a couple of weeks ago. I t is a Log Cabin lap quilt that I gave to my Mom. I will post a picture when I can. I am working on a flannel rag quilt now but only have pieces cut so far.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6792 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6792 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2014 :  07:02:24 AM  Show Profile
Sharon, log cabin is one of my favorite quilt designs.

I'm making two apron patterns out of freezer paper. One is a non-vintage bib apron that I got at a garage sell. It's made out of one piece of fabric with four 10" deep pockets across the bottom. The pockets are one piece of material divided every 6 1/2". It's a simple pattern and I should be able to make it. Only have made one apron and that was in 8th grade Home EC in 1956.

The other is a vintage waist apron that I got at an estate sale. It may be a clothespin apron because it has a piece of fabric sewn on top of apron with an opening on each side to create one large pocket.

I have been wanting to make an apron for sometime now, and working on merit badges has given me the nudge I needed to do it.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2014 :  02:53:15 AM  Show Profile
I've finally started putting pictures of my projects on Ravelry. I'm Sobyn there. I have not been good about putting in my projects and pictures of them completed but I'm trying :) if anyone wants to look.

I'm working on a hat for myself as I've learned that is a necessity here. I had to frog the first try because it was coming out waaaay smaller than it should have (baby size instead of adult). I'm also working on a doll bassinet for my daughter for Christmas and will hopefully have time to do a baby blanket and pillow to go in it. Then I will move on to the baby blanket for this baby. I have made all my kids a blanket from the same pattern with different colors. I found some yellow, green, blue, and white corrugated yarn in my stash that I could use (we aren't finding out gender so it has to be neutral) but I'm not sure I like it....especially if baby turns out to be a girl. I may do it and if I don't like it just do another.....I want to make a waldorf style star doll to match it (but will be crocheted instead of sewed or knitted).

I am waiting on a new presser foot for my sewing machine to come in the mail so I can finish our advent calendar. Hopefully it will be here soon since we are already in advent! And I gave up on making the kindness elves this year since the yarn that was shipped on Nov 12th STILL isn't here. Guess I will have it for next year!

After all of that I will start working on baby stuff!! (Baby due at the end of Feb so gotta get on it!). My list includes cloth diapers, sewn and crocheted, a waldorf doll for the baby and my other three kids (so they each have a new "baby" to care for while I'm taking care of the baby), some toys maybe, a couple of wide cowls or infinity scarves (crocheted and sewn) to double as nursing covers, a ring sling and a wrap....and maybe a mai tai if I have time. There are a few other random things on my list but those are the main ones! Whew I'm going to be busy!! I suppose some of them that I won't need right away can wait and I can crochet during the hours I will probably spend nursing the first few months!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2014 :  02:53:52 AM  Show Profile
I really need to look at the merit badges and figure out which ones some of these projects fit into!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2014 :  07:53:27 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina,

I see that my package of yarn only took 7 days to get to you. I hope you can use the yarn. When I get more, I will send it your way.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2014 :  6:51:25 PM  Show Profile

Today I made cinnamon orange ornaments for the Christmas tree.
http://estleschippfarm.blogspot.com/2014/12/cinnamon-orange-christmas-ornaments.html

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Estle Schipp Farm: Celebrate the Hobby Farm Lifestyle

EstleSchippFarm.blogspot.com

https://youngliving.org/starschipp

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2014 :  10:24:35 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Marie! I thought I had emailed you that it arrived, I'm so sorry I didn't. I have been trying to let so many people know when packages arrive that I loose track! Things do get here pretty quick most of the time. Was the corrugated yarn in what you sent? I just went through everything and didn't pay attention to what box it came out of! I was pulling yarn for several things.

Got sick this week and all my projects are on hold :(

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Edited by - Sobyn on Dec 07 2014 1:50:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2014 :  11:53:58 AM  Show Profile
I sent the sport yarn.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2014 :  05:38:42 AM  Show Profile
I love seeing the pictures of y'all's creative goodies.

Sabrina, congrats on your new baby coming in Feb. What an exciting time you must be having.

I've had the flu for several days and took advantage of my 'down time' to crochet several dish rags. My current ones have seen better days and I figured I can start the new year with some new ones.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2014 :  1:02:54 PM  Show Profile
I have been working on some fun Christmas Mug cozies for gifts. They turned out really easy and cute. Since mugs are not standard in size and placement of the handle, I created a sort of generic pattern that can pretty much fit different shapes. The two examples here are on different size and shapes.

I am going to send them as sets to my family with some of my homemade flavored coffee blend and cookies. The cozies were made with yarn and embellishments I already had so the project is very cost friendly and easy to do. I hope they like them!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2014 :  1:22:05 PM  Show Profile
Those are very cute Winnie! And I love the gift idea!

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6792 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6792 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2014 :  1:24:03 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, these are the cutest things. Your family will really like them. Your coffee blend & cookies will be a hit too.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2014 :  1:52:34 PM  Show Profile
Marie, I knew you sent the sport weight, I still have most of it in the box it came in so I'd know what was what just couldn't remember which box I pulled the baby blanket yarn out of! Its not sport weight though so maybe not. I will be putting that to good use soon! Also I send a package for you last week.

Winnie, I LOVE the cozies! So cute. I have a thing for coozies :)

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  11:59:29 AM  Show Profile
Another UFO finished. 4 more knitting projects and 9 sewing projects to go:

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  6:47:44 PM  Show Profile
yep, looks like we are all punchin' the dead line and getting projects finished up...

this is a scrap wool pin,, I can pin it on a coat, a hat or to secure my scarf... and a great way to use up bits & pieces.

this is a wee fun quilted pot holder,,, this is the front side

and the back side...

again, a fun project to use up small/scrap pieces...
Ho Ho Ho!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2014 :  2:54:35 PM  Show Profile
Loved the pin and pot holder. Working on some ornaments and need to get the felines catnip pillows made. Definitely punching the dead line button.
Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2568 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2568 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2014 :  2:57:34 PM  Show Profile
pretty potholders

http://www.naturemaiden.com/ Handcrafted Soap & Candles
http://saratoga-rose.blogspot.com/ My published books & other writing.
http://modern-day-laura.blogspot.com/ Filled with everything I love!
http://www.thriftyfarmgirl.com/ Vintage Sewing Machine Parts
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2014 :  08:46:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
OH so much creativity, and energy, and love.
i inherited Mom's sewing room when she passed away in august. so far all i have managed to do with it is pack it up and move it to our house. i really need to get it unpacked and see what all i have. she quilted, a lot. a lot. i know there are all kinds of projects in the boxes.
plus her OLD Singer, a serger, a custom designed sewing cabinet and boxes and boxes of who knows what!!!
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2014 :  07:41:21 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE the pin and potholder!! What great ideas for using scraps! I hate to throw things away love to find uses for every little bit!!

I am still recovering from illness. I finished a hat that I was working on last night but it came out too big :(. Guess I'll give it to one of my farmgirl chapter ladies whose head is bigger than mine!

I'm hoping to finish my middle daughter's doll bassinet tonight, almost done just a couple more rounds on the ruffle and then doing the hood.

I've given up on doing the kindness elves or nativity calendar this year since my materials didn't come in time. I do still need to finish my girls' doll clothes and then make them each an outfit for Christmas. I finally got my replacement sewing machine foot in.

Then its on to baby items! Which I can't wait to make. Really need to decide what I want to do and what I need to order though asap since it takes stuff so long to get here.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page