Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  09:36:58 AM  Show Profile
I just finished crocheting this lace shawl last night. I really like how it came out. The picture doesn't do the colors justice, the purples, tans, turquoise and creams are really lovely. Now I just have to find someone to give it to.

hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

FGOTM August 2012

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  10:45:24 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Beautiful shawl, Marcy.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  10:58:10 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Today I am working on items to sell at my craft booth on October 10th. I can't believe how much I still need to do - bindings on at least 4 quilts, make 6 more recycled levis aprons, make 8 more vintage tablecloth aprons, mug rugs, microwave baked potato bags, microwave bowl potholders, and whatever else I can get done. LOL!

The fundraiser where I am having my booth is in support of breast cancer reconstruction. Today I am making breast cancer mug rugs by using a panel titled "What Cancer Cannot Do" and pairing it with breast cancer fabric printed with the ribbons. Here are pictures of the mug rugs - some are not quite finished yet.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  3:13:52 PM  Show Profile
Marcy, the shawl is just lovely, it looks cozy and I love the colors.

Linda, the mug rugs are great, empowering! What a neat idea.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  7:51:49 PM  Show Profile
that is a beautiful Shawl Marcy, It would make a nice Christmas Present for someone in your family.. I love the colors and your work.

hugs

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2015 :  09:46:05 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Here's some of the recycled jeans aprons I've made this week for my craft booth this coming Saturday. The first 4 are "farmgirl" and the gold and purple are Halloween.

What do you think?

I've also made reversible wrap around aprons, smock-type aprons, and some from old tablecloths.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Edited by - quiltee on Oct 04 2015 09:47:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2015 :  10:34:46 AM  Show Profile
Love them. Lately, I have been finding old jeans lying around in the alleys and even neatly folded on the sidewalk. I guess I will be making some also.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

TheKnittingFarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Abi
Port Lavaca TX
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2015 :  2:19:56 PM  Show Profile

Just received my sisterhood patch on Friday. Embroidered it and started a bag.

Knit On,
Abi
Farmgirl #6692

Edited by - TheKnittingFarmgirl on Oct 04 2015 2:22:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2015 :  04:49:21 AM  Show Profile
Linda, great job on your aprons. Here's to you selling everyone of them. Have fun at the craft fair.

Abi, good start on your FarmGirl tote bag.

I'm making yoyo autumn pins with pumpkin button in center. So far I have made two ~ one for a gift and the other is on my favorite denim jacket. Have five more pumpkin buttons to make more pins for little gifts.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2015 :  08:25:59 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Yoyo/pumpkin pins sound great, Sara. Can you possibly post a picture?

I hope I sell quite a few of the aprons. You never know at craft sales. Since it is before Halloween I hope to sell some of the Halloween and Christmas items.

On my list to finish (but now, do I follow the list? I'm type A and get sidetracked easily. Too much to think about.) is putting binding on 3 quilts, making 16 Microwave bowl potholders, buttons on 11 cup cozies, buttons on 8 towel topper towels, and backing on another Christmas small table runner. Finishing SOME of it will make me happy. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2015 :  12:30:33 PM  Show Profile
Linda. You make me chuckle. We must be sisters. I easily get distracted too. But of course we are always eager to start something new. Good luck with the sales.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2015 :  06:21:37 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie and Linda,
I am easily distracted, kind of like the dog in despicable me "squirrel!!". Or shiny things. This time of year is particularly distracting, as all the christmas fabrics etc are on display...

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2015 :  09:55:40 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Well, the sale is over. The gal in charge, IMHO, did NOT do advertising like she should have. We had only heard 1 PSA on a local radio station, and nothing was in the newspaper and no posters were up in or around the neighborhood. They said they might do this again next year, so I may kindly tell them they really need to advertise and start the planning earlier than 6 weeks before.

I was the only "vendor" there and I did sell $103.00 worth of items, but only $10 of that was what I worked on so hard the past 4 weeks. LOL! Go figure! The others there were from 2 breast cancer non-profit organizations (handing out literature), a girl scout troop making and handing out pink rubber-band bracelets, 6 over-50 tap dancers (who were pretty good, and, OH!, to have the legs of their 80 year old dancer), and 9 entries in the classic car show. The state fair and the Texas O-U rivalry football game plus, 2 other classic car shows nearby, another city event were competition for us.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2015 :  11:35:41 AM  Show Profile
Linda,,, yep,,, luv ur aprons...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2015 :  4:28:40 PM  Show Profile
I fixed a floor lamp today. Mitzi has doubts that I can fix it.

I found this lamp in the trash. The only thing wrong is that the base was not attached. I took it to a place but they said I'd need to get it welded. So, I cut off the plug and pulled the cord out of the base. I bought a new plug and attached it. Then I duct taped it to an old broken mic stand.

Marie, Sister #5142

Edited by - churunga on Oct 12 2015 4:29:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2015 :  4:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Good for you, Marie!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2015 :  8:12:17 PM  Show Profile
Marie: Good thoughts for your surgery tomorrow. Your farmgirl sister Bonnie.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2015 :  8:21:28 PM  Show Profile
Thank you everybody.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2015 :  09:13:39 AM  Show Profile
"Where's there's a will there's a way." High five on the floor lamp, Marie!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2015 :  09:35:32 AM  Show Profile
You have all been so busy! Everything is so pretty! I am the lucky recipient of a couple of Linda's aprons! I use one in the garden. It's perfect to keep string and a small pruner. I'm not running back and forth looking for those things any more. And, I feel feminine in my chore boots.

Today I making muffins. Then its off to the sewing room to make "micro wave bowl holders". Thanks, again, Linda for the pattern.

That's the pits that there wasn't good advertising for the craft sale. Well, at least you have a good stock supply for next one. I think $103 sounds pretty good. I see many booths around here that don't seem to sell anything. The items are beautiful. Do you think its the economy.

I also have to make 2 sets of quilted casserole holders and pot holders (with matching mcb holders) before first of Nov.

I love busy Fall!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2015 :  11:21:03 AM  Show Profile
Several weeks ago I bought fabric to make & embroidery tea towels. The fabric was a dark tan heavy rough linen with orange stripes down each side. I really liked the feel & look of it. The fabric proved to be too heavy for what I wanted to do, so I fringed it on both ends and am using it for table scarves ~~~ perfect for fall decorating. Still want to find the right fabric for embroidered tea towels.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2015 :  12:15:32 PM  Show Profile
Last night I made 4 microwave bowl holders. I'll give 2 per set. This is the pattern that Linda O. aka "quiltee" shared. I am making another set this afternoon.
The blue set matches the casserole carrier I made. They are fun to make and quick.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2015 :  5:28:09 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Good for you, Judith. Glad you are using the pattern.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2015 :  8:52:40 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Judith,,, I am impressed with your bowl holders...
I saw a U-tube video on making them,,, but I just am not coordinated enough to make one...

Linda,,, I agree,,, it is necessary to advertise to get a decent turn out... I did something similar at a local community center (back in Washington) ,,, I noticed as we were setting up, there was no signage by the building... I, along with about 25 other vendors were inside the building,,, later I walked around outside the building only to finally see a sign that advertised that event as being in the park next door and in smaller lettering at the bottom, that there were more vendors inside the building... uugh... poor foot traffic and poor sales... but oh well,,, live and learn .

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  05:14:53 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I love my microwave bowl holder and use it everyday! Such a useful thing to have in my kitchen and it helps with safety too!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page