Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  07:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
So glad you like it, Winnie! They are very handy, and safer. Keeps fingers from getting burned.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2015 :  6:02:26 PM  Show Profile
ok,, while working on 5 lap quilts (from my UFO stash) I decided to take a break and work on a quickie lap quilt for our "Covers of Love" group... CoL meets once a month and the ladies work on quilts (stitched, crochet, knitted) to be donated to elderly folk in care facilities, to Homeless shelters for the children as well as to put in Police cars so the Officers can give them to children in distress/ergent situations...
Here is what I made today with some scrap fabric...

now to get back to my UFO's... lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2015 :  6:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Someone will treasure that, Grace. Very nice.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2015 :  6:57:04 PM  Show Profile
Oh Grace, that quilt is so pretty! I love the colors and patterns. You will really make someone happy with that quilt!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  02:07:59 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
That is so nice of you to make such a beautiful quilt like that and then donate it! I love the pattern and the colors. I will be putting that idea on the side to make someday.

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  02:12:27 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I am still working on the diapers I had promised my daughter for her baby, Zoë.

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  07:19:48 AM  Show Profile
Grace, your lap quilt is so cute. I'm sure whoever gets it young or old will love it.

Claire, could you post a picture of the diapers? Just curious..

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  08:40:50 AM  Show Profile
That's a sweet little quilt you made, Grace!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  1:58:18 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I sewed all the first strips to the 2-1/2" squares for my 10" Christmas blocks for the quilt (that was 80 squares sewed to the strips), and as I was ironing them I noticed that the fabric design was not consistent - some of the gold dots on the green were not there! I called JoAnns and they can not find the same fabric there. GRRR! Do I use them anyway? (FOr the most part most people would not even notice that) or do I take out all 80 seams and find another fabric to use? I am frustrated right now. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  6:23:40 PM  Show Profile
Linda,
I would just go with it unless its really going to bother you. I had reverse sewing, such a waste of valuable sewing time and effort!!
No trick or treaters at my house today :(
Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  7:06:14 PM  Show Profile
What a pretty quilt that is. Some experts will receive the love. Thanks.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  7:10:59 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
What I am working on is making my Farmgirl Binder. Boy, maybe I have been a bit picky on how I do it, but, I have been at it a good portion of the day and I am only half done.

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  11:18:43 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I think you might be right, Denise. Probably most people won't notice. It is in 2-1/2" strips. I just hate when the "flaw" doesn't show up until almost too late to do anything about it.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  12:16:10 AM  Show Profile
Do NOT take out 80 seams. There are no mistakes in art - just . . . innovations.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  01:33:17 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Denise, I bought $20 worth of candy and not a single trick-or-treater showed up. I live on Main Street ... you would think that someone would have showed up. I was even in my gypsy outfit like I wear every year when I pass out candy. But, not a one in sight all night. Not even on the street or in cars. ugh.. what to do with all this candy? :)

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  11:40:58 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I know Marie - even though the seams are only 2-1/2" long, that's a lot of ripping out. LOL! And I'd like to finish the quilt for Christmas - although with all the other Christmas projects on my to-do list. So I will probably just go ahead and make the quilt as is.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  12:40:10 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I have been working on my MJF binder all yesterday and today. I am almost finished...

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  5:56:59 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
What are you going to put into your binder? Be sure to post pictures.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  8:56:08 PM  Show Profile
Linda,,, don't rip.... like Marie said,,, innovation...
Julie... bummer, no kids... but now you have a secrete stash of candy...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  3:14:35 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Well, today I finished one of the 3 robes I need to make for grandsons for birthdays this month and next. Second one is cut out - sewing it now. Third is for december, but since I am on a roll I may cut it out tonight.
Tomorrow I a working the polls for voting, so won't get any sewing done. May take some knitting to do.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  7:06:28 PM  Show Profile
Julie,
I will need to bring the spare candy to work, it disappears quickly there!.

Linda, one more day of work then Wednesday morning I get to leave for my quilt retreat, 5 days of sewing, and friends, no computer and no work stuff to worry about....

Now to try to decide what to bring to work on. I had grand plans of cutting lots of fabric before I left. Since I just got home from work I don't think thats going to happen.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  7:45:35 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
LOL! I try to take lots of projects to retreats. I get bored just working on one. And I don't want to be short of projects if I finish one or more. Have fun at your retreat. I do get a lot done at retreats.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2015 :  05:26:20 AM  Show Profile
Hay there,

Julie, my binder as been out and WAITING !! I have things over there to add but haven't gotten over there to do it. Are you making sections such as the ones for each MJF group? I am adding the pocket pages for what ever I working on (trying to complete) and I'm using card stock for divider pages.

Mz Gracie, you are awesome!!!

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6812 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6812 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2015 :  07:28:02 AM  Show Profile
Today I am making gift bags for two swaps. In the coming weeks I hope to sew up more bags to have on hand.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2015 :  06:05:31 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
All I have left of my MJF binder is to make the tabs for the dividers....

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page