Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2017 :  7:15:17 PM  Show Profile
Jaime,, your felties are sew cute!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2017 :  7:29:42 PM  Show Profile
Love the birds, Jamie! They are super cute!!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2017 :  8:29:48 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Jaime, your felt ornaments are cute. I love to do them also. When my kids were little I felted ornaments all around a tree skirt. I sequined them on. It took a long time but was worth it. I still use it. My own design. I used trains, gingerbread men, Angels,trees, bells, stockings, sleighs etc. until they went all around. Whew! Tired thinking about it.

Have been gardening and not crafting lately. This time of year I don't know where I should be, inside or outside. What's a farmgirl to do? LOL!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2017 :  8:37:28 PM  Show Profile
Making my 1St rail fence quilt top.

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2017 :  09:37:01 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, everyone! You are so kind! :)

Darlene - I love the sound of your tree skirt. I actually have been thinking about making something similar for our tree. Will have to think about how complex - or not- I'm making the design!

Ruthie - I will have to google what a rail fence quilt top is but I bet it's awesome. I have such admiration for quilters! It's one field I haven't broken into yet!

On the felt front I've finished one more ornament - I can only imagine the laughter from my friend when she unwraps it this year!

Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2017 :  11:13:52 AM  Show Profile
Lenora, I really like the apron! I too have towels hanging from my knobs! LOL That's a super idea.
Maybe we need a room cleaning challenge and post before and after photos. I'd have to have about 6 months to complete that! LOL

Farm Girl Sister #6566

The road of life is made smoother when traveled with someone you love.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2017 :  11:48:49 AM  Show Profile
Darlene - I think sometimes I must be a visual person... would you be willing to post a picture of your tree skirt? I'm not able to picture it right now!

Jaime - your felted ornaments are beyond adorable!!!!!

Krista I'm trying to crochet a blanket for this baby due in November. All I've successfully made so far has been washcloths, hahaha. Hopefully it turns out alright! I have one skein of yarn used and am guessing I will need two more... I have three just in case. I just haven't started working on it yet. Like Darlene said, I seem to spend more time outdoors right now than indoors. So much to accomplish in such a short window of time!

Other than crafts for swaps, my crafting has come to a halt right now... I'm so busy outdoors, that I can't seem to find/make the time! We have such long beautiful days here that I'm spending an absorbent amount of time on outdoor projects... not that I'm complaining! I love gardening and building things! We are finishing up our goat barn right now (We just need to finish screwing on the tin, and then need to build a buck barn, milk stanchion and hay feeders. I told hubby I might sew curtains for the windows for the goat barn ;) I don't think he was impressed, hahahahaha

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2017 :  1:04:24 PM  Show Profile
Jamie and Darlene, have you turned any of your felt ornaments into Christmas stockings? That's what my grandmother use to do. She also made a tree skirt out of them. My mom and I would like to make a Christmas stocking like that for my boys. We have the stuff but we just haven't started.

Shannon, I can't wait to see your blanket. I bet you will do awesome! What colors are you making it with?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2017 :  3:14:42 PM  Show Profile

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2017 :  4:03:29 PM  Show Profile
Krista - I'm using a really thick bluish and brownish color mixture that I think will go pretty well for either gender. I'll try to send you a picture via e-mail as I cannot ever seem to get pictures to work posting on here :( I don't know if it has to do with the type of computer we have or our slow internet connection.

Ruthie Ann - stunning picture!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2017 :  8:04:42 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Jaime, another cute ornament. You're making me want to pull my felt out. I think I will get a bag together and then I can take it with me and work on them while I'm waiting @ appointments etc.!

Ruthie, your painting is beautiful. I always wished I could paint. How long have you been painting?

Krista, I never did any stockings, although I have the felt stockings cut out, large and small, but never made them. One day! LOL! One year I bought stockings after Christmas and put them away. I thought what could I make with them? I stuffed them with the white stuffing and put flowers, fake, in the top. I added a big flowing bow and a hanger on the back. It looks beautiful. My daughter in law hung hers on a wall and it looked great. Easy and nice gift! I have some started for this year. People that saw her's and said they wanted one will get one this year!

Shannon, I don't know how to post pictures. This is what I did. Get a tree skirt and lay it out so you can put all your ornaments all the way around. Your choice how you lay them on. Once I had it how I wanted it, I pinned them on. Then I began to attach them on with sequins. That was the intense time. I don't think I could do it now. Hands and fingers don't work like they used to. I hope that helps. I may do one by blanket stitching the felt ornaments on and then decorating the ornaments with buttons, yo yos, etc.

I was out mulching around flowers today. Those bags are heavy! 10 more bags to go! At least it wasn't as humid today. Still sweaty and filthy from the mulch. Couldn't wait to get a shower! LOL!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2017 :  8:08:02 PM  Show Profile
Darlene this was my first painting. I even drew it and I am not good at drawing. I have done a mixed media art picture also.

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2017 :  8:28:49 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Wow Ruthie, your first painting? It's really beautiful! Did you take a class?

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2017 :  10:43:53 PM  Show Profile
Jaime,,, luv the Franzia wine box feltie,,, that is such a Hoot!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2017 :  04:39:15 AM  Show Profile
Darlene thank you.My sweet friend teaches art classes so we had girl time. Painting. It was really easy.

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2017 :  04:41:27 AM  Show Profile
Everyone your projects are so cute. It's wonderful to see what everyone is working on. Keep up the good work.

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2017 :  3:42:06 PM  Show Profile
Ruthie- Love the picture you painted! Wat to go! It looks fabulous.

Shannon- I'm excited to get an email from you. Those colors will look great together.

Darlene- That is a cute idea for stockings. I have some older stockings we no longer use that I could make something similar with. Our stockings came as a kit so everything is there they just need to be cut and sewn on. I really hope to get around to them soon.

At the store today I found a crochet animal kit. I have been wanting to try them for awhile so I'm excited to now have a kit to get me started.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2017 :  3:43:06 PM  Show Profile
What am I doing today?
Stitching up more aprons!!!!
lololol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4085 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4085 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2017 :  3:59:54 PM  Show Profile
I so enjoy looking at everyones projects. Just lovely.

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2017 :  4:05:25 PM  Show Profile
I made altered paper clips. Putting the finishing touches on my open show projects I am entering in the fair. I am sewing strips for my rail fence blanket.

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2017 :  2:18:51 PM  Show Profile
Today I am working English paper piecing candle mat

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2017 :  2:20:40 PM  Show Profile
Wow, love the ornaments and that painting is wonderful! I started my week off with a root canal and a crazy schedule. But that's all behind me now. I hope to finish my niece's nursing cover and get a t-shirt embroidered for a friend of mine. She needs it for a gift by Friday. Also have several other projects that need attention. So much for getting some rest! :)

Farm Girl Sister #6566

The road of life is made smoother when traveled with someone you love.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2017 :  2:54:22 PM  Show Profile
Everyone's projects are beautiful! Traveling and gardening are keeping me busy now. It is raining today. So, I am back to cutting out and sewing baby drool bibs by request. So far, 8 cut out and two sewn.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2017 :  3:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Today I finished my Farm Girl Skirt. I made it with some fabric I've had a while to see how it would fit. And it is calf length. Now will make more with my better fabrics. LOL! I'm just going to add a matching "sash" through the belt loops and maybe a few appliques over the holes in the jeans.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Jun 17 2017 6:12:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

174 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
174 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2017 :  6:10:09 PM  Show Profile
That looks great, Linda!

Christine, Sister #7295
www.theginghambow.etsy.com
www.theginghambow.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page