Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

764 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
764 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  2:05:09 PM  Show Profile
Great projects, everyone!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl of the Year

"Well behaved women seldom make history"....Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  2:16:38 PM  Show Profile
Debbie: Love the tea towels. Did you do them by hand or machine? What will the bears go on? They are so cute. Thank you, I think she
will like the mermaid tail.

Marie: I agree. This way I can explain what the designs mean and give him some history he probably won't get anywhere else.

Jaime: The card is so cute!

Vanessa: Are the eggs hard to do? They are awesome.

The bear fetishes are in the finishing steps. Here is a sneak peek of two of them drying

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  6:08:47 PM  Show Profile
Hello Theresa,
All my embroidery is by hand! The red Shilly Shally was from a swap that I embroidered on. I finished the tea towel with a blanket stitch. The rabbits are for my 10 month old grandson's Easter outfit that I am working on and should have finished tomorrow!

What is that you are working on?

quote:
Originally posted by atkinst2

Debbie: Love the tea towels. Did you do them by hand or machine? What will the bears go on? They are so cute. Thank you, I think she
will like the mermaid tail.

Marie: I agree. This way I can explain what the designs mean and give him some history he probably won't get anywhere else.

Jaime: The card is so cute!

Vanessa: Are the eggs hard to do? They are awesome.

The bear fetishes are in the finishing steps. Here is a sneak peek of two of them drying

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
“Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:8
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2018 :  07:18:36 AM  Show Profile
Debbie: They are bear fetishes that I hand carved and inlay. They are for Christmas presents. There are several tribes that have fetishes but my favorite is the bear. I really like the Zuni's take on the bear, however, all are great. Here is the Zuni's:

ABOUT THE BEAR FETISH

According to Zuni mythology, the Bear fetish is the Guardian of the West and has the power to heal and transform human passions into true wisdom. They believe that Bear is invaluable whenever you are faced with change and transition and that it can be your ally when you are attempting to resolve conflict, forgive yourself or others for errors of the past, or when you are faced with new challenges in your spiritual path. There is a particular kind of depression of the spirit sometimes associated with the deep introspective stage of transition and change. When this occurs, Bear is a reminder that there is a parallel between depression and the natural state known as hibernation, when involvement with the outer world is minimized in order to focus more energy on the inner processes necessary for a successful transition.

Bear reminds us that one of the great powers we have is the power of turning to solitude and introspection through which we integrate new experience and change. If you are feeling overwhelmed by events, Bear can help you meditate on the symbolic parallels between your present state of mind and the bear at the door of the cave. You may be reluctant to step out of the cave into the sunshine after a long period of hibernation. You may retreat into the cave again and return to a state of solitude. However, you may be assured that no matter what the circumstances, you can choose peace instead of the conflict or disturbance you are feeling.

Bear represents the healing power within every living thing. Many of us are unprepared to make use of the potential power we possess in our capacity for introspection and solitude. The wisdom of Bear can help you realize this power and use it during those times in your life when the change created by cataclysmic events feels overwhelming.

Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2018 :  10:29:08 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Theresa! Very interesting. I just couldn't figure out the cut of the wood but now I realize if flipped around it looks like a bear! Sorry, I'mm a little slow! Lol!

quote:
Originally posted by atkinst2

Debbie: They are bear fetishes that I hand carved and inlay. They are for Christmas presents. There are several tribes that have fetishes but my favorite is the bear. I really like the Zuni's take on the bear, however, all are great. Here is the Zuni's:

ABOUT THE BEAR FETISH

According to Zuni mythology, the Bear fetish is the Guardian of the West and has the power to heal and transform human passions into true wisdom. They believe that Bear is invaluable whenever you are faced with change and transition and that it can be your ally when you are attempting to resolve conflict, forgive yourself or others for errors of the past, or when you are faced with new challenges in your spiritual path. There is a particular kind of depression of the spirit sometimes associated with the deep introspective stage of transition and change. When this occurs, Bear is a reminder that there is a parallel between depression and the natural state known as hibernation, when involvement with the outer world is minimized in order to focus more energy on the inner processes necessary for a successful transition.

Bear reminds us that one of the great powers we have is the power of turning to solitude and introspection through which we integrate new experience and change. If you are feeling overwhelmed by events, Bear can help you meditate on the symbolic parallels between your present state of mind and the bear at the door of the cave. You may be reluctant to step out of the cave into the sunshine after a long period of hibernation. You may retreat into the cave again and return to a state of solitude. However, you may be assured that no matter what the circumstances, you can choose peace instead of the conflict or disturbance you are feeling.

Bear represents the healing power within every living thing. Many of us are unprepared to make use of the potential power we possess in our capacity for introspection and solitude. The wisdom of Bear can help you realize this power and use it during those times in your life when the change created by cataclysmic events feels overwhelming.

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
“Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:8
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2018 :  10:42:58 AM  Show Profile
Theresa, blown out eggs are easy and can be saved for next year. Poke a small hole in the pointy part of the egg with a needle, and a bigger hole on the big end of the egg.
Then put your mouth over the small hole and blow the yolk and white into a bowl

When everything's out, wash the outside and run a bit of water inside to clear out anything left. Let it dry, then take out thin decorative paper, stickers, glitter, beads, ribbon, whatever you have. I used Elmers glue and wrapped rubber bands to hold large pieces securely till set. Also I set them on jar candle lids till they were dry.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cookie.
Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2018 :  12:10:27 PM  Show Profile
ORZ,,, what lovely stitchery you do...

Theresa,,, thank you for telling us about the 'Bear Fetish'...

Vanessa,,, I remember my 1st experience trying to 'blow out' and egg,... lol! I was pink faced until I figured out how to do it right... lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2018 :  1:47:50 PM  Show Profile
Years ago my daughter Carol & I were blowing out eggs when I looked over at her and said "we look like egg junkies". She started laughing and so did I. It took a bit to compose ourselves and finish the job.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cookie.
Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2018 :  9:02:31 PM  Show Profile
well since the snow limited my outside activity... I decided to pull my old Bernina Deco embroidery machine out and fiddle around with it.

I stitched up the 'bunny' which was a pre-programmed pattern in my machine.. and then later I pulled out one of my reader cards and stitched up the teacup...

luv the lil beezzzz....
I think I will play around with this old machine again tomorrow.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4102 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4102 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2018 :  04:47:50 AM  Show Profile
I really enjoy seeing everyones projects. Great job everyone. The story of the bear is wonderful.

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Maryellen
Stanfield North Carolina
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2018 :  3:32:29 PM  Show Profile
Love all the embroidery and the bears. I wanted to blow out some eggs this year but never got around to it. I made Easter Bunny cans for the 12 youngest grandchildren. I forgot to take a close up picture before the “attack” but here is an after pic.IMG_2083.JPG And here is a before

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Maryellen
Stanfield North Carolina
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2018 :  3:35:19 PM  Show Profile
sorry here is the after!!!! Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2018 :  7:56:44 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Those bunny cans are so cute, Maryellen. Thank you for sharing.

Grace - love the embroidery. Wish I could find some time to try new embroidery things on my small embroidery machine.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2018 :  9:17:13 PM  Show Profile
M.E., your Bunny cans are adorbs!!!!

Linda,,, with the unexpected snow.. I decided to just waste the day and play.
I pulled out my old Bernina and some reader cards and just started stitching away...
Here is what I made today.

I have a seris of Debbie Mumm, Suzan Branch. and a few other sets (reader cards)with floral designs.

Ahh. but tomorrow is Monday.. and I need to run into town, so no playing with my embroidery machine.... bummer!

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Mar 25 2018 9:22:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2018 :  05:54:26 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I love those, Grace. The bees are great! And the chicken and sign and ...

I didn't get many cards for my Brother embroidery machine. I did buy the converter gadget (not cheap) and never used it. I need to sell it. It will convert ANY format file or card to PES which is what my machine uses, and then load it onto a reloadable card.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2018 :  09:39:29 AM  Show Profile
Wow, everyone's work is so amazing. Love the embroidery, Grace! I am working on learning how to use my new Cricut Maker. I've been working on some tiles, I will post some pics in a few days. Thanks for sharing everyone, I always love to see what we are all working on.

hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

FGOTM August 2012

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2018 :  11:25:46 AM  Show Profile
Wow Grace, those are awesome

Debbie: No problem. I had to take the picture upside down due to glare. I should have said as much.

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2018 :  6:39:24 PM  Show Profile
I am having fun with my Bernina Deco (old) and my Brother. Embroidery machines...
I think I will buy some T-shirts for my grandkiddos and embroider them for each kiddo ... with a Spring theme.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2018 :  6:41:18 PM  Show Profile
Oh and Marcy... I gave a Cricut machine but rarely use it... sk I have yo read the instructions iver every time. I use it... lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2018 :  12:43:25 PM  Show Profile
The front pocket on my jeans developed a hole and I have been wanting to fix it for a while. Doing this is tricky and I had to think about it. Now these jeans are the only ones I can wear to work without being called out for inappropriate dress. LOL Here's some pictures.

The injured pocket.

Fixed Pocket

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2018 :  3:44:36 PM  Show Profile
Love all the projects that are getting done. I've been trying with felt. Here is my Plum Pudding.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2018 :  09:47:46 AM  Show Profile
I am still learning how to use my new Cricut Maker. There are so many neat things that I can make with it, but what I really wanted to try making were tiles. It's taking a little aggravation, a few tears and some...why did I ever get this machine?!? But I think I am finally getting the hang of it. For the most part, I really like how these came out. So, I will keep trying and keep learning until my patience or the machine gives out

Farmgirl #170

FGOTM August 2012

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2018 :  10:02:59 AM  Show Profile
Marcy: Great Job. Those are awesome

Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2018 :  12:15:39 PM  Show Profile
Just had to show you all the completed outfit with my grandson!!

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2018 :  2:30:32 PM  Show Profile
Deb, outfit is almost as cute as the baby.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page