KD Earthwork
True Blue Farmgirl

210 Posts

Katie
Gualala Calif.
USA
210 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  10:12:46 PM  Show Profile
Who would have thought there were so many people on this blog making their living off their own creativity! It gives hope and inspiration.

I'm a landscaper,fine gardener of 31 years now.I build large ornamental gardens and then run the maintenance.I help my husband run a heavy equipment business.I also have approx. half acre veggie garden at home,bake wood fired hearth breads on the weekends .Trade bread,veggies and eggs for some of our needs.Working towards a CSA veggies, w/bread and eggs maybe garden seeds as well.I also have three kids 21,14,4
Take good care of yourselves, Katie
Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  05:17:59 AM  Show Profile
This is very interesting,

I show, breed, and sell high quality Miniature Schnauzers of multiple champion bloodlines. I have done this for 32 years and mentored for 10 years when I first started to do this. There are dedicated dog breeders who care about improving the breed and then there are people who just breed and don't care. All of my puppies are placed with a non-breeding contract which means that they "must be spayed/neuter". I'm very picky on who gets my babies as well.

Last year I had almost my entire backyard plowed for a garden and it was the best garden that we have ever had. I hope to move to a home with 2-5 acres within the next couple of years.

You can tell your dog all of your secrets and they'll never say a word!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

marmieto12
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

laura
utah
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  8:53:00 PM  Show Profile
Just getting off the ground, "Vinyl Decor". One of my daughters designs, I cut and if needed we make the quotes into signs or apply to customers walls. We also are making baby items for another venture. some items are bows, baby legs, dresses, blankets, covered wipie cases, nursing aprons..
I sell eggs and goats milk (when available) make soap, bath salts, crochet cloths. We have have seasons where we do i product and sell those.

Laura;Dreaming of big girl farm...

Farmgirl # 148

Farm Girl Projects http://justsimplythegirls.blogspot.com

My Vinyl Decor Business http://thegirlscreate.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MariaAZ
True Blue Farmgirl

203 Posts

Phoenix AZ
203 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  9:34:45 PM  Show Profile
I'm a virtual administrative assistant. I help business people manage their online databases. I've been doing it for six years now, time sure flies!
Go to Top of Page

NancyM
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Nancy
Fall City WA
113 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  8:18:19 PM  Show Profile
Wow-so many talented farmgirls! I'm a CPA with my own accounting business-I work out of my house. Boring, I know. In my past I have been a horsetrainer, worked at a wild animal park, and been a scuba instructor. I sell eggs on the side

Nancy
Farmgirl Sister #159
Go to Top of Page

Patti Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Patti
Portland Oregon
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  07:18:50 AM  Show Profile
Just got up my mini site for www.farmgirlproductsusa.com! I am generating a list of farmgirl vendors at this point who want to be a part of it. I hope you all are interested. It will run like etsy but is specific to farmgirls. Sign up on the contact page to get your business listed....it should be alot of fun!

God Bless You!
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  07:26:57 AM  Show Profile
Patti, when clicking on the link, it comes up with the error problem "Server not found."

www.countrynmore.com
www.countrynmore2.etsy.com

http:// www.qualityfabricsandsupplies.ecrater.com

www.countrynmore.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Patti Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Patti
Portland Oregon
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  06:42:28 AM  Show Profile
http://www.farmgirlproductsusa.com. ----the full address needs to be typed in to get to the website. There has been a little difficulty with different servers and how I actually was giving the address out. Its just that because it is a brand new site servers like Google have not picked it up yet in the shorter version without the http://......so, I hope this clears up any and all questions on how to access this site and fill out the contact form as a vendor. PLease let me know if there are any other questions....I will address them promptly!

God Bless You!
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:14:12 AM  Show Profile
Question: What are the fees, etc.?

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Patti Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Patti
Portland Oregon
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  1:03:22 PM  Show Profile
Sharon...fees in the future will include an initial sign up fee for $20.00 and then a small percentage of every item sold. It will run like etsy but without listing fees. It already is very exciting to see the amount of farmgirls interested! But, at this point there are no fees...just contact information needed to generate a list so when the official site does go up in a couple of months we will have a great start for all.

God Bless You!
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  2:22:04 PM  Show Profile
What is the percentage?

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Patti Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Patti
Portland Oregon
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  8:09:28 PM  Show Profile
Percentage will be between 3-4% which I think etsy is 3.5% but has listing fees. Very reasonable and well worth it Sharon! Dont hesitate...its going to be alot of fun!

God Bless You!
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  09:47:45 AM  Show Profile
If I opened a booth there for the music store,would I be able to have a live link to my eBay store also? Is it going to work with PayPal? I am interested....

http://www.mandolinbabe.info

http://www.mandolinbabe.net

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin & fiddle sawin' Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

Patti Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Patti
Portland Oregon
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  1:25:30 PM  Show Profile
Sherrie...we are still figuring out exactly what options this big site is going to include. We have a meeting planned next week to figure out some more details. I will let you know as soon as I can! Hows that?!!!!! And we will be figuring out paypal as opposed to other options as well. We want this site to be as farmgirl and customer friendly as possible so whatever that means in the end is what we will do. Meantime, Sherrie, just fill out your contact info and I will add you to the ever growing list so we can just plug you right in when its up and running.

God Bless You!
Go to Top of Page

Gloria Bonde
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Gloria
Hot Springs SD
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  4:18:25 PM  Show Profile
For 5 years I have worked from home. I have partnered with an ecofriendly company. I set up household accounts so that they can shop for safer everyday products. I make commissions, customers save money shopping directly from the manufacturer. Not a multi-level marketing company.

www.ahealthygardener.com
Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  11:18:03 AM  Show Profile
I know there are more ladies out there who do their own thing! Fess up ladies what is it???
I see a lot of you have blogs too how does all that work???

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  1:48:32 PM  Show Profile
I am currently selling eggs and veggies from my garden. My hope is to expand this greatly. I will hopefully soon be partnering with a seasoned Farmer's Market owner to create a local FM. Two days a week, I am an office manager/VP for my husband's business. He repairs hydraulic systems as well as builds anything you can imagine!

I hope to create and sell things like aprons, potholders, etc., and vintage-looking girl's dresses, which I will take to market :0)

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  11:29:58 AM  Show Profile
Patti,
How is the new site coming?We have a bunch of busy ladies out there who are interested I am sure! Thanks for all you have done with this.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Go to Top of Page

Patti Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Patti
Portland Oregon
USA
177 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  6:48:04 PM  Show Profile
Hey Farmgals! The site is going great...almost into the second revision for the homepage. Everything else will flow from there and we are looking at the beginning of June to start to get all the bugs out and go live by the middle of June. We added some really fun stuff so it will be interactive and so farmgirlish....your going to love it! I am waiting on the first mock up this week...hopefully in time to show Rene Groom when we meet up on Friday for lunch in Hood River, Oregon.
Some other exciting news is the partnership with Oregon State University we just landed for our Jr. Master Gardener Program. They have agreed to back us and so we are coming up with a purposal for them along with generating response from area schools so as to get the ball rolling for the fall. It will run as a nine month curriculum and end in a garden project of that schools choosing. If any of you live near a town or city....the interest in sustainability and gardening is ever increasing, especially in schools for the up and coming generations. Tally ho!

God Bless You!
Go to Top of Page

Butterscotch Grove
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Melissa
Fairbanks AK
196 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  08:58:51 AM  Show Profile
Wow - this is a really interesting thread! Patti - I'm definitely gonna sign up for the Farmgirl market. And you're right about gardening in the schools. Even here in Fairbanks, AK, lots of local schools have started gardens (mostly thanks to the efforts of this place: http://www.calypsofarm.org/).

I make cloth dolls and toys and polymer clay creation (art dolls, jewelry, treasure boxes, etc.) and sell at our Farmer's Market and online at http://Butterscotch_Grove.artfire.com.

Melissa

My blog:

http://ButterscotchGrove.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

katrina
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Katrina
The Dalles Oregon
USA
63 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  07:13:20 AM  Show Profile
What a great thread! I's wonderful to see all this creativity!

I work full time for a medical clinic, and in my spare time (HA!) I make skirts and silk veils and sell them through my website. Starting to make enough to afford to keep doing it!

Once the ladies start laying we'll be selling the eggs.

www.WorkOfArtCreations.com
Go to Top of Page

prudy
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Prudence
Springfield OR
USA
32 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  2:07:01 PM  Show Profile
This is my very first post here. I just ordered my membership :)
I sew handbags called Lollibags and just started my little girls line of handbags called little lolli's.

I've been subscribing to mary janes magazine for a couple years and went to the farm fair last year.
prudy
www.lollipookiesoap.etsy.com
www.avintagemom.blogspot.com

Prudence
Go to Top of Page

prudy
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Prudence
Springfield OR
USA
32 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  2:14:14 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Patti Ann

Percentage will be between 3-4% which I think etsy is 3.5% but has listing fees. Very reasonable and well worth it Sharon! Dont hesitate...its going to be alot of fun!

God Bless You!

I just looked at your site and filled in the contract. I hope you are successful with this venture, it is so cool! Love your apron!
Prudence
www.lollipookiesoap.etsy.com

Prudence
Go to Top of Page

HerEarthiness
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Jessica
Irving TX
USA
9 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  3:51:30 PM  Show Profile
I WORK WITH AN AMAZING GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL ONLINE FOR 14 YEARS INTERNATIONALLY, AND TOTALLY VIRTUAL ! IT TOOK ME ALMOST 3 YEARS TO FIND THIS OPPORTUNITY AND I AM SO GLAD I DIDN'T GIVE UP ! THE BUSINESS I WORK WITH MARKETS AND REPRESENTS A TOTAL WELLNESS COMPANY HERE IN THE U.S.A, THEY BELIEVE TOTAL WELLNESS CONSISTS OF BODY, MIND, SPIRIT, HOME, AND LIFE ! THE WAY IT ALL STARTED WAS BECAUSE ONE OF THE FOUNDERS WAS SICK OF CORPORATE AMERICA, AND SHE WANTED TO STAY HOME WITH HER FAMILY BUT STILL LIKED THE MONEY HER CORPORATE INCOME WAS BRINGING IN. SHE FOUND THIS COMPANY AND LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT IT ! SHE GRABBED THE YELLOW PAGES AND BEGAN TO CALL EVERYBODY IN THE PHONE BOOK TO SET UP APPOINTMENTS SO SHE COULD TELL THEM MORE ABOUT WHAT THIS COMPANY WAS ALL ABOUT, BRINGING IN ONE PERSON AFTER ANOTHER LED US TO WHERE WE ARE NOW! 14 YEARS LATER WE ARE INTERNATIONAL, TOTALLY VIRTUAL, AND WE HAVE AN AMAZING ONLINE CONFERENCE ROOM WHERE WE HAVE PRESENTATIONS, MEETINGS, AND LIVE TRAINING CLASSES THAT RUN THROUGHOUT THE DAY ! INCOME DEPENDS ON THE PERSONS EFFORTS, THE INCENTIVES ARE AMAZING, I HAVE MADE SOME AMAZING LIFELONG FRIENDSHIPS WITH PEOPLE I HAVE NOT EVEN MET YET ! IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE MORE INFO. ABOUT WHAT I DO YOU CAN GO TO http://www.HappyEarthHappyMom.Com and/or http://www.BringingWellnessHome.Com/JessicaPowers type in your contact info. so I can invite you to an online conference !

For an amazing change in your life for total wellness go to www.HappyEarthHappyMom.Com click contact us now ! Type in your contact info. I promise you won't regret it !
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  7:28:29 PM  Show Profile
I'm a home-based travel agent, work part time at a shop in the mall, so I can have a 50% discount on clothes, and I help out at a Florist on the holidays.....and tonight, I started my first attempt at writing a children's story!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic What is everyone's business? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page