Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Chicken Scratch Embroidery/Candlewicking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Chicken Scratch Embroidery/Candlewicking Next Topic  

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  6:19:14 PM  Show Profile
Does anybody know where I can get chicken scratch/candlewicking embroidery patterns and ideas? Chicken scratch embroidery is done on gingham fabric.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  7:28:38 PM  Show Profile
I'd like to know too. I did the heart pattern that was on the tutorial site that I found for chicken scratch, but I'd like to find some more patterns to try next time.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  09:50:32 AM  Show Profile
I'd like to recommend Nordic Needle. They have a fantastic website and catalog. Their customer service is excellent. On their website you will see a box on the right hand side called, "Save the stitches". Go there, click on "blog", then type "chicken scratch" in the search box. You will find some free patterns and instructions for various stitches. Its not exactly all in one place, but the site is pretty user friendly.Good luck!

Jana
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  12:58:45 PM  Show Profile
Helping Hands quilt shop in Berlin, Ohio had several books on Chicken Scratch embroidery when I was There last month
They are very friendly and helpful. Lots of sweet Amish ladies who work there. They are good at filling phone orders.
Good luck
I don't do chicken scratch but have several vintage aprons with it and plan to list them on one of my websites in about 2 weeks,
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.artfire.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  1:24:59 PM  Show Profile
I looked on amazon.com and apparently there are several books out there, but most of them are out of print. :(

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  1:28:14 PM  Show Profile
Try e-bay, I have gotten several patterns from there. Search in the vintage patterns
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  1:47:50 PM  Show Profile
Good thinking Kathy! I just went and found a really great book on ebay!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Chicken Scratch Embroidery/Candlewicking Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page