True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2010 :  10:54:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi Healthy Friends,
Sharon and Tammy- thank you for being so faithful to this conversation! I was away for 5 days and then spent from Thursday until now trying to get caught up with things here at home.

I missed my weigh in last week because of all of my travels. My home scale shows a 1 lb loss, but the weigh in doesn't count unless it is on the scale at the meeting. I really like the WW meeting I go to but Wednesday evenings are difficult to attend regularly. I think I will change to a Saturday morning meeting.

Tammy- congrats on a great loss and your faithfulness with walking and Curves! yeah for the Non Scale Victory of easier walking! how are the other teachers in your group coping with the bad weather? maybe you can start a walking club before or after school. At one of the facilities that my employer owns if we walk 11 laps around the corridor we walk 1 mile.

Sharon- Yeah for the NSV of fitting into a smaller size! Isn't it great to get a new wardrobe out of your own closet? Health changes definitely have an impact on the road to fitness. I hope they find out what is causing your dizzy spells soon. I will be praying for you.

My NSVs for the week include making healthy food choices while out of town for a conference and running for 3.5 miles. I have not been running in months and it felt wonderful.

I am typing this message on an iPad and still learning the capitalization features. I am sorry for the lack of capitalization, but unless I re-type the whole message I can't figure out how to get back to the errors to correct them.

For our third challenge let's each discover and share ways to workout indoors at home to give us backups for the inclement weather. Sharon, the Leslie Sansome DVDs you mentioned are called Walk Away the Pounds. They are in indoor, at home walking program. She has produced several DVDs for many fitness levels. They are all easy to use with no fancy steps. I have several of them and enjoy them.

Let's keep sharing our NSVs too. It is fun to look for them.

Blessings,
Lida
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  1:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
This is great. I lost 35 lbs a couple of years ago on Weight Watchers. I need to do it again. I lost 40 more doing something else (medifast) but now I am going back to weight watchers because I've gained back about 20... ugh..I can FEEL it.

I can't go to the meetings but I know I have (I think) about 23 points. Anyone want to help kick my bottom into gear please?
I keep saying I want to do this and I don't! I don't want to end up gaining 20 more. Eeeee.

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

Edited by - lilwing on Oct 05 2010 1:34:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  5:30:32 PM  Show Profile
Today was weigh in day for me. I am right on my goal weight for the first weigh in since making lifetime on Weight Watchers.
I have been struggling with staying on goal. Hopefully I will get it figured out soon.
Hope everyone else is doing well.

farmgirl sister#43

O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  03:51:45 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
Welcome to Denise and Brooke! Thank you for joining us and sharing some of your story with us. Denise, congratulations for getting back to your goal weight! That is a great accomplishment. I will get there too. Brooke, we will kick you into action if that is what you need. The ladies here are wonderful encouragers. I lost 110 lbs in 18 months on WW from 2003-2004 and maintained that loss for 3 years, then gradually gained back 40 lbs. My painful knees, decreased energy level and tight clothing have combined to get me back to what works for me- Weight Watchers.

Did you know that if you have a Medical Flexible Spending Account or a Health Reimbursement Account that you can use those dollars to pay for WW and a gym membership if you have a note from your doctor stating that they are
a medical necessity?

Okay, my input for this weeks challenge thus far; NSV of staying in my points allotment for the week ( including my APs and some WAPs), and going down a size in clothes! For indoor activity I recommend the Walk Away the Pounds dvds. They are easy to follow and Leslie Sansone gives a lot of encouragement throughout the sessions. I have done them so many times that I now put in the DVD and mute it, then use my ipod for the music so that I don't have to listen to her talk through the whole exercise time. Yesterday I did Jillian Michael's Power Yoga DVD. I did the beginner level and enjoyed it. She did not incorporate any spirituality or eastern mysticism into the session. I burned 200 calories in 30 minutes with it. I have discovered that active/power yoga is an excellent way to build muscle, burn calories, and increase flexibility and balance. My bicycling has improved since I started taking yoga classes at the Y. I will be using this DVD at home on days I do yoga and can't
get to the Y.

Have a great day of tracking your intake and looking for Non Scale Victories. Enjoy the journey!

Lida
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  04:16:35 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the welcome back Lida. I started WW in April and hit my goal weight in July. I have been struggling a bit with maintenance but am doing better now. The videos that you suggest, Walk Away the Pounds, she has quite a few different ones and I was wondering which do you use? I can't seem to wrap my brain around walking unless it is on the treadsmill or outside. How do you do this while watching a video? In place I am presuming. I will look into the yoga also. I have a few issues with my back and so have been told by my dr. not to use the exercise ball I got from WW. Waste of money because now I don't know what to do with it. Walking has always worked great for me.

farmgirl sister#43

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2010 :  10:07:28 AM  Show Profile
~Brooke, welcome!!! We are all here to encourage each other and would love to encourage you too!!! How are you doing this week?

~Denise, hello and welcome back :) So glad to hear you made Lifetime Member

~Lida, Thank you for being so encouraging and for your prayers :) I will have to check out Leslie's dvd's.

~Tammy, How are you? I hope you are having a good week! Keep us posted!

Well, here's the scoop :) The past 2-3 weeks have been very hard and discouraging for me. I have been bad, not tracked and just been discouraged. The whole weight fluctuation girl thing and the dizziness has made me a mess. BUT I am back on track again! I weighed in this morning with a .6 loss!!! Yay! I started tracking again and this time I am adding my WPAs (divided by 7) to the top of my tracker for each day so I will be including them in my daily points allowance hoping to get more protein and good stuff in my diet :)

I started exercising again. I purchased an AbCircle (from e-bay for half price, yay!) and I really enjoy it. I did stop becasue of the dizzy spells but am now being more careful.

I was finally able to speak to the Dr's nurse about my blood work. Everything is good! So I think that the dizziness, lightheadedness is from hormonal changes, getting older :) (I'm 46) or maybe because my lower number on my blood pressure is a couple of points below normal.

Anyway, I am encouraged again :) Thank you girls for your prayers and cheering me on You are most appreciated!!!

Oh, went through my Fall/Winter clothes I was only able to keep a couple of blouses (the ones that I wasn't actually swimming in, but they were still loose). I am anxiously awaiting getting some new clothes that actually fit so I won't be baggy anymore :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2010 :  10:12:21 AM  Show Profile
Had to share

www.skinnytaste.com

Has some wonderful recipes using pumpkin! I made the Pumpkin Butter (1.5 points per 1/4 cup), a nice and healthy snack to dip apple slices in :)

And,

I found a new Peanut Butter : Naturally More. 3 points per 2 Tablespoons. Our Wal-Mart carries it and I paid $2.82 for 16 ounces. It has whole flax seeds in it . The ingredients: Roasted Peanuts, Wheat germ, Flax Seed, Cane Sugar, Egg Whites, Honey and Flaxseed Oil.

Just thought I would let you girls know

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2010 :  4:26:29 PM  Show Profile
hi girls,
well I stayed put in my weigh in today. But i have to admit I have been bad...very bad. I have had a bad attitude. I seem to be stuck at 131 at 5 feet tall. Now to some it may seem like I am crazy but my doctor and I really feel it is a bit much for my small frame and my cholestrol levels. Ladies I exercise regulary, watch what I eat, and still am stuck. It doesn't seem to matter. I am a bit down. Cause everyone at school has lost except me. It is depressing which led to me being bad this week. I ate whatever and I really shouldn't expecially with my low blood sugar. So I am trying to get back on track.

thanks for listening.

blessings
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  12:50:36 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies :)

I am sorry I have not been on. I haven't been feeling very well and have just been in a funk.

My weight is being maintained but I was hoping to lose five more by this time. I have been bad so I am suffering the consequences :)
I was thinking one evening about when the dizzy spells started, I remember I had started taking Natural Hormone Cream about the same time. So, I stopped last week and guess what? So did the dizzy spells! I am so thankful! It was frustrating not knowing what was going one. I followed the instructions on the package but apparently I am not supposed to use the cream (not at this time anyway)

I have been doing good with exercising. I have an AbCircle and I love using it. I am doing 30 minutes a day of various exercises using it. I was in a Thrift Store the other day and thought that maybe I could find some clothes to fit me until we go shopping. I tried on 3 pairs of jeans (size 6) and a couple of medium and large blouses. The jeans were too big! The shirts were also! I am having a hard time fathoming this because I cannot recall ever being a small to medium. It feels good

Tammy: You have been in my prayers! Don't get down just keep on doing what your doing (except the being bad part). You may not see a difference on the scale, but I bet with all that exercising you are looking good! (I know what you mean about the height thing, I am also 5 feet and have been staying at 129). Hang in there!

Lida: How are you? We miss you! I hope that you are doing well :)

Denise: I hope you are doing well :)

Brooke: I hope you are doing well too! Stop by when you can :)

Ladies, I am praying for you all. I am sorry that I haven't been checking in lately (I was bad!) I am back on track and hope everyone else is encouraged and doing the same!

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  4:42:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
Well I have to tell you this past couple of weeks have not been good. I think I am up a couple of pounds due to some bad eating choices lately. I really need to get back in the swing of things and get this off. I have been struggling with snacking and not the good kind. But today wasn't to bad and I hope to do better tomorrow. If I can stay away from the snacks after 7 pm I know I will do better.

farmgirl sister#43

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  6:54:54 PM  Show Profile
Sharon,
thanks for the prayers. I so need them. I gained a poiund this week...sighing here. But I am trying to keep at it...I started to think walking is good and so is exercise...now I just have to hang in there and eat right...but this has so not been easy...

Tammy

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  7:03:40 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, Just remember there aren't too many things that are worthwhile that are easy. I think I said that right. If not I hope you know what I mean. I always looked for an easy way to lose this weight and I found out there isn't one. If it were only as easy as putting it on we'd all be thinner. ;) I gained too so I can relate. But I need to get determined again and back on track. I need to lose this few pounds by next month when I have to weigh in again. If I don't I will have to pay. No fun!
thinking of all you gals and praying for you.

farmgirl sister#43

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  7:02:36 PM  Show Profile
I know what you mean Denise. We were doing a weight loss encouragement at the school I teach but most reached their goal and so I am feeling alone in it. I like being held accountable. It keeps me going. I decided maybe I need to set a goal for this week...such as eating more fruit each day and walking or hitting Curves so many times a week. I shall see how this goes. I appreciate your prayers too. I will be praying for you too. We can do it!

blessings
Tammy

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  9:26:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh ladies,

It has been too long!!!

Things got very busy and I just was not spending much time on the computer unless I had to.

How is everyone doing?

I am about 5-8 pounds away from where I would like to be. I did gain a pound over the holidays, not too bad considering what it would have been if I had not been watching what I was eating :)

Let me know how you are all doing :)

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  7:23:48 PM  Show Profile
Sharon,
I am starting WW this week. These past few months I have gained and not lost. Doing it on my own is not working. I walk at school three or four times a week and have been eatign smaller portions but still gained. I need to learn to make healthy choices and continue to exercise as I am. I have a friend I teach with who is doing it and she has become my accountability. She is making sure I get going to WW. She says it works. I am only 5 feet tall and need to get to a healthy weight. So I beginning this week on Tuesday and I am looking forward to it.

Congrats on how well you are doing.

Tammy

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  10:58:43 AM  Show Profile
Good for you Tammy!!! I know it will help you alot, it has changed my way of thinking so much. The exercise will help you out alot too!

Portion control helps but I found that the best thing is making the healthier choices like you said. I try not to keep things in the house that I know will cause me to stumble. I have tried having certain items thinking that I will only have one but end up having more than that and I could have had a good substantial meal by the time I'm done racking up points for the snack (even WW snacks)

www.skinnytaste.com

has some great WW recipes. She lists the old and new points system so that helps with whichever one you are doing.

Cooking Light's website also has some tasty recipe and they list the nutritional value so you can calculate the points too. And of course the WW site.

Thanks for the congrats Tammy, it has been hard work but so worth it, I just wish I didn't slack off for a little bit, I may be at goal now. Soon for both of us though!!!

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  7:51:04 PM  Show Profile
I went to my WW meeting tonight and weighed in. I lost 2.4 pounds!!!!! I was so excited I nearly jumped up and down. I was like I finally found something that works for me! I hope all you ladies are doing well this week. I am off for a cup of tea and then bed. It was a busy day.

Blessings
Tammy

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  8:14:39 PM  Show Profile
Way to go Tammy!!!! That's awesome :) My weight was the same at weigh in today. I need to get back to tracking (bad girl!)

Weight Watchers really does work :) I am proud of you!

~Sharon

Edited by - Calicogirl on Jan 25 2011 8:15:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  3:20:21 PM  Show Profile
Tammy,

How are you doing?

I am down .4 pounds this week. Was hoping for more of a loss but am grateful for any :) YOu are in my prayers :)

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  5:33:31 PM  Show Profile
HI Sharon,
I maintained this week. So I am ok with that and will look at my journal and make some adjustments. It was a hard week but I stayed within my points everyday but one! Chocolate pie took me by surprise and I gave in. Of course later I wished I hadn't but each day is new day.

Congrats Sharon on your loss and you are in my prayers as well

blessings
Tammy

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  05:13:17 AM  Show Profile
Anyone still doing WW? I just started back on the program...again. Of course they tell me I need a support group. Surely there are ladies out here jumping on board after seeing the recent Dr Oz challenge.

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

PilgrimSoul
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Jessie
NJ
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  04:57:23 AM  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by thebyrdhaus

Anyone still doing WW? I just started back on the program...again. Of course they tell me I need a support group. Surely there are ladies out here jumping on board after seeing the recent Dr Oz challenge.

Hi, Patty! I've been on WW for about a year.

Farmgirl #1980

My blog: http://alastconfession.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  08:04:29 AM  Show Profile
Jessie- you must be doing well if you are still dedicated to the program. Tell me your story!

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  09:17:33 AM  Show Profile
I lost over 100 lbs the first time. I counted every lick. I gave myself vegetables as free food, but no other freebies.
I didn't stick to it, got prego, got fat, now I have lost I think about 40 lbs since last winter. I am not counting points, I am just trying to use my knowledge of portions, etc to eat better. I am wanting to exercise a little now. I have about 70 more lbs to lose.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  5:47:01 PM  Show Profile
HI gang.. yes I am a WW Lifer .. and darn if I'm not a grandma now and must have spent too many days baking cookies for the kiddos. A sad tale... but back in the saddle again, well, most of the time.

Tonight my sweet tooth is on steroids and I am eating an apple with some peanut butter. Yummy - but enjoying SOME portion control. And have probably 50 pounds to go.. Except'n they go and then they come back, and go again..and, you get the picture.

I DO FEEL EMPOWERED READING TRISH'S POST.. AND AM PROUD OF YOU TRISH.. HANG IN THERE. The most successful person in our group meetings says: "IF I BITE IT, I WRITE IT". Accountability.

It's a hard thing to go sometimes.. BUT .. FARMGIRLS, WE CAN DO IT !!!

Have a great nite..
Madelena FGirl #3153
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Weight Watchers? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page