Page: of 92

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  07:59:44 AM  Show Profile
hello everyone! So encouraging to know so many precious sisters in Christ.

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  08:51:24 AM  Show Profile
How's everyone doing in the heat?

ANGIE

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  5:50:10 PM  Show Profile
Amen to that Angie!
Welcome Sherry, Patty, and Sabrina! This is a great group of gals, and I hope you feel welcome here!
I have a question for you all. I'm going to be a sophomore (in high school) this year, and next year I will be starting the process to become confirmed. I know a few things about it, and I know I want to be confirmed, but I'm wondering more about the process itself and what it's all about. Anybody's thoughts are welcome!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  8:03:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Megan!!! I have some EXCELLENT books to recommend for you!!! I don't have time to write right now, but I will post and/or email soon! Congratulations - this is a most beautiful sacrament that you are entering into! God bless you! WONDERFUL!!!

Hugs and love -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  8:39:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Nini! I still have an entire school year to wait, but I'm really excited and I already have an idea of who I want my sponsor to be.
Megan

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2011 :  05:23:08 AM  Show Profile
Angie- we are breaking records here but so is a lot of the nation. Brush hogged the garden for the first time ever. Made me sad. Wasted $ and time. Saved couple tomato plants and 1 watermelon plant. We had green bushy plants but no crop. The heat just didnt let anything set buds. Blossoms would just fall away with no beans or anthing else. Theres a bible lesson here isnt there. We look like we bear fruit but when the heat is on we fall and dont produce anything for God. Megan you are my daughters age and I will tell you what I tell her. Have your own personal walk with Jesus Christ and what ever this world throws at you, you will make it. I love seeing young people excited about God. Congrats!
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2011 :  05:54:26 AM  Show Profile
Lea, you are right. Although this is a challenging time for so many, yes, a lesson is here I am sure. We must dig our roots deep into His word and know that at times, what's on the surface, what's on the outside may appear to falter, but if our roots are firmly planted then we will prosper and yes, bear fruit.
quote:
Originally posted by smiley

Angie- we are breaking records here but so is a lot of the nation. Brush hogged the garden for the first time ever. Made me sad. Wasted $ and time. Saved couple tomato plants and 1 watermelon plant. We had green bushy plants but no crop. The heat just didnt let anything set buds. Blossoms would just fall away with no beans or anthing else. Theres a bible lesson here isnt there. We look like we bear fruit but when the heat is on we fall and dont produce anything for God. Megan you are my daughters age and I will tell you what I tell her. Have your own personal walk with Jesus Christ and what ever this world throws at you, you will make it. I love seeing young people excited about God. Congrats!

ANGIE

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2011 :  6:58:42 PM  Show Profile
Lea, thanks for the thoughts! It's something that I can hardly wait for, and even though it's a far way off before I even start doing the classes, I really want to learn everything I can about it beforehand.
Angie and Lea, that's a great way to think about it! We have to plant our roots deep so that when the heat of temptation comes along, we'll be able to bear fruit.
Megan

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2011 :  9:37:26 PM  Show Profile
Bump!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  8:17:31 PM  Show Profile
Fair time is here so it gets wonderfully crazy but I wanted to ask everyone to keep all our kids in prayer as they head back to school.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  8:34:37 PM  Show Profile
Will do Lea! I go back to school soon, too! I think, 17 days now.
Megan

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  06:27:14 AM  Show Profile
Our kids start school August 23rd. They are healthy all summer, but when they get back to school, they start getting sick - lots of stress and lots of germs.

As for the heat, we are still struggling with humidity. We have lots of mosquitoes this year from the rain too. We've had to chip ice for the goats as well as the chickens. We saw that our female was panting like a dog does when they are hot. She gobbled up the ice and stopped panting.

Speaking of "planting deep roots" I am in need of making changes in our home. Please keep us in your prayers as we do.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  10:08:20 AM  Show Profile
The weather is so much nicer here today. A cool breeze, and it almost feels "cold" to all of us - ha ha! However, I have a bad headache, and need to get some work done. I am about to start writing my book, and really need a clear mind, after I do my "chores."

Oh....it's official. I actually killed my flowers in hanging pots this year. I have been so busy in the vegetable/fruit garden, that I lacked time to tend to my flowers this year.

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  10:19:41 PM  Show Profile
Kristina, it's cooler here too!
Well, it's official. I start my sophomore year of high school in less than two weeks! I'm nervous, but excited at the same time. I have really good teachers this year, and I'm taking some good classes. Anybody else's kids start school soon?
Megan

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  07:42:03 AM  Show Profile
I just got a call that we may be taking goats from a co-worker of my husband's. We need to borrow or rent a trailer. I am so excited, because one is in milk and one is pregnant. We have milking supplies, but not soap making. We have wanted one in milk for over a year now.

(see me jumping of joy?)

I'll update you all when I can.

Megan, I pray that you have a great school year. I have daughter's going in the 12th, 10th, 7th, and 4th grade this year (one graduated last year, and my son is 19 this year).

The weather is soooooo awesome here. I am already planning a weekend camping trip - loving this weather. I need to de-stress in large way.

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  11:32:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh wow Kristina, you have quite the mix of grades at your house! I pray that all of your kids have successful school years!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  08:25:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls -

Hey, I just watched a report about this on the 700 Club:

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/healthscience/2011/August/Electronic-Skin-Developed-for-Monitoring-Patients-/

If you can, please try to catch the video about this sometime today on The 700 Club (during the first segment of the show when they report CBN News, I believe). They may have the video in the link above, too, but I don't have time to really check right now.

I know what I'm thinking, but I would really love to hear your thoughts, too...

Megan - I haven't forgotten you. I'm still waiting on my one friend who has two of my books... her work schedule is insane this week, but I know she'll call with the titles the first chance she gets, then I'll email you! :)

I have a number of workbooks concerning US history, the Constitution, the election process, the states, etc., for grades 6 - 8, if any of you are in need of them for homeschool. I may need to borrow one or two next year as a homeschool supplement, but honestly, they're yours for the taking if you can use them. Just let me know!

Hugs, love and blessings to all -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Aug 12 2011 08:27:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  2:03:35 PM  Show Profile
Nini, I am ready to mail that book back. Just let me know what address to send it to. I'm so sorry I took so long. The garden is crazy busy this year.

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  5:53:15 PM  Show Profile
Nini I went to the site and read the article. Do you think this is a good thing for those who are paralyzed and cant move thier arm for example? This device works for them? Its been a long week and I really dont understand what it is meant to do. Kinda of scary the way man is trying to be God though and improve on His creation.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  7:56:03 PM  Show Profile
Kristina - no problem. I wasn't even thinking about it! :) I'll email you...

Lea - I think this device definitely has its benefits, absolutely! But if its use is expanded in other ways, this could mean the fulfillment of a significant end-time prophecy.

Blessings -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  9:44:31 PM  Show Profile
Nini, that's totally fine! I saw your email and will email you back! I looked at the article, and I'm also a little confused. It's meant to transmit messages, but how/where would they be able to use this?
Lea, your last statement made me think of how medical advances have really enabled us to do great things, but they have also allowed us to takeover God's job a little bit. The book My Sister's Keeper is an example of that. We can manipulate DNA and genes to get an absolute genetic match of ourselves. Isn't a baby supposed to be a gift from God, not a science experiment, that if it works, will basically be used as an one-stop organ shop? But then there's also a fine line between couples who really want a baby and couples who want to "design" the perfect baby. I heard on the news a few years ago that couples can now, if they want, choose what color eyes their children want. I just think that there needs to be a line drawn on how far is too far when it comes to such things.
Megan

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  10:21:09 PM  Show Profile
They were saying that this technology would really help streamline transfer of information in the hospitals, for example. All of your medical information - illnesses, medications, treatments, which nurse saw you last, etc. - would be transferred with you wherever you were moved throughout the hospital so there would be no paperwork, no mix-up. They're talking about how in the future this could lead to miniature computers on your person - where all your personal information, banking and finance, legal records, communications, etc. would be stored and take place. My brother also read something about it on the drudgereport.com, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

In any event, years ago we had watched an amazing video called "The Mark of the Beast," which discussed all the upcoming technological advances and how they would seem so innocent and beneficial in the beginning, but showed how in the long run, they would be used against humanity and fulfill the prophecy of the mark of the beast on the back of the hand or on the forehead. Without this mark, a person will not be able to buy nor sell in the marketplace; all who take it will suffer eternally in the lake fire. It's going to be a very dark time in history, for sure. Back then it was a really frightening prospect, but the possibility seemed so far away in the distant future. This tiny little device, however, sure is raising some eyebrows and concerns, that's for sure!

The scriptures I am referencing are Revelation 13:16 - 18:

"16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666."

Then in Revelation 14:11 it goes on to say:

"And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name."

And in Revelation 19:20:

"And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshiped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone."

In this unique moment in history, we are seeing how the mark of the beast is not only a revealed possibility, but how it will in fact become reality.

Megan - you are so so right! We do go too far and try to "play God" today. It's amazing all the wonderful knowledge God has bestowed upon us, but it's so sad how in our hubris we tend to abuse these gifts and forsake Him.

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Aug 12 2011 10:23:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Wildcrafter
True Blue Farmgirl

340 Posts

Suzanne
Seattle WA
USA
340 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  07:00:06 AM  Show Profile
Luke 1:45
Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished.

----------------------------------------------------------

Cedar Mountain Herb School and Botanicals
www.cedarmountainherbs.com
Become a fan! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cedar-Mountain-Herb-School/199194060117277

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  12:23:31 AM  Show Profile
Nini, that is scary that people, with the click of a mouse, could know every detail of someone's life. I even saw something on the news a while back that advertisers can actually use information about who lives in which houses and personalize ads specifically for the family/person. It's scary how much information people can know about others!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  07:02:51 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies, I feel like I've fallen from the loop. I've been really busy and alot going on with family that I'm just now trying to get back into things. Interesting subject going on right now. I think about all the medical wonders that are available to us today, and question, how does God feel about all of this. As we've been taught the Lord will provide, is he or not, providing all the new ideas for us to use. Life anymore is so fast, theres easy ways to keep the house clean, example, the vacumn that goes on its own. Fast food, the internet being used in school rooms. What happened to the old ways, where you had to work for what you got. Don't get me wrong, a quick run through McDonald's or a quick look at the internet is nice, where would all of us MJF gals be. But all the advancements has lead us to not wait on God to show us the way. Well I've gone on and on and still don't know if I've made myself clear on this subject. I just seem to like the slow life now, family time and faith can get me through. And I enjoy the gifts of talents that can help me relax and slow down. I'd much rather use my hands to make something than to go out and buy it. Praise the Lord he has given me those gifts. Have a good day ladies!

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page