LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  09:54:11 AM  Show Profile
Praying God's Best For Each of You and Your Families and Friends!

You are Beautiful to Me!

blessing,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  09:27:40 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, a lady I know is asking for prayer. She is having to go through radiation treatment and believes that He will carry her through. Her name is Sandra. Please stand with her in prayer.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  12:28:36 PM  Show Profile
I wanted to let anyone know who may be interested, there is a new Bible Study starting this week....NOW... Look at "Across the Fence" Forum, and you will see it near the top. Everyone can join in.

Cherime, will be praying for her. I lost my dear friend from breast cancer etc etc, who lived in Anchorage, around the first part of December. Such a loss.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

mychelledavis
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Mychelle
Ellijay GA
5 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  12:31:03 PM  Show Profile
Great to have this sisterhood of Christian farmgirls. I am a Christian, also.

God bless,
Mychelle
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  2:31:02 PM  Show Profile
Blessings Claudia. I keep praying for that garbage to be eliminated from our vocabulary because it is long gone.

Welcome Mychelle.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  2:49:23 PM  Show Profile
Amen Cherime!...like bubonic plague and leprosy. Even though there may periodically be a few cases, it is pretty much irradicated.

Welcome Mychelle. Jump right in with a thought or a question, prayer request or a praise. There are many wonderful sisters here to listen and help.

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  2:54:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I know it's been a while since I posted, but please know that I pray for you all daily. I was able to catch up on a few postings though!
Nini, I pray for all your friends and family, that everything works out and everyone is able to start over in the New Year. I'm glad your friend is doing better, and I hope all the best for you.
Cherime, I will pray for your friend. Cancer is a terrible thing to go through, and I will definitely keep your friend in my prayers.
Welcome Mychelle! I hope you find friendship here on the forum!
I have a question for you ladies. Has anyone attended a traditional Latin mass before? I've been reading a lot about it, and it just seems like it would be such a beautiful way to experience the mass. I really want to start attending Latin mass, and if it becomes a regular thing, even start wearing a traditional veil to mass. A Latin mass seems like it would be a more quiet, reflective, and reverent way to connect to the mass and the Eucharist. Has anyone ever attended one?
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  3:25:43 PM  Show Profile
Megan, prior to 1960 or there abouts, all Masses in the Catholic Church were in Latin. I grew up attending Mass everyday, and used my missal that had the priest and server's responses in Latin, and on the other side of the page was the translation. Yes, it was a very beautiful way to worship God. We wore a veil or head covering as was the custom then. It was in about 1960, that Pope John 23rd changed the Mass into English, so that everyone could understand what was being said. There is that hunger to go back to things the way they were before it was so hectic, and (some feeling) too liberal. God understands any language and if you would like to attend Mass that way, I say...go ahead. There are those, including my 93 year old Mother, who doesn't like change...in English responses or in Latin. I think that as long as we all realize we are there to praise God the maker of our beings and pray to Him, what form it is doesn't matter. I am anxious to hear what you think of the Latin. I used to say the Latin responses for the grade school attendees and of course we all sang our songs in Latin. I took 3 years of Latin in high school and learned much gregorian chant. It truely is very beautiful. However, my most favorite prayer is from my heart in english, saying how much I love Him and want to hear His voice and follow Him. It is what is on my heart.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  6:33:55 PM  Show Profile
Cherime...Iam praying for Sandra!

Hi Megan and Claudia...I haven't been to Catholic Service except for a Funeral and it was
done in Latin (years ago). I remember it was very reverentual. Then I attended a beautiful
Catholic Wedding and it was one of all in English.

I would like to ask for prayers for Farm Sister Susan Davis she lost her Mother in November
and Her husband in December and she is having Memorial Services for them this Weekend. One
on Friday and one on Saturday, I believe. This has to be a very very stressful time for her
and I know she would covet the prayers and support.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  8:01:31 PM  Show Profile
Claudia and Peggy, thank you so much! I think I will have to try it out. It seems like it something that as a Catholic, I should experience at least once.
Peggy, I will pray for Susan and her family. That's a terrible thing to have to go through; she'll be in my thoughts.
Megan

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  8:20:12 PM  Show Profile
Peggy...thank you for the info for Susan. I hope she has a good support system. This will be a stressful time, but she is honoring bother of her family members in such a wonderful way. she most certainly will be in my prayers.

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  6:54:57 PM  Show Profile
I had such a special moment at work today. One of my favorite clients came in and told me she has stage 4 lung cancer and did not qualify for the med. Incurable. She has opted to take no treatment so she can enjoy what time she has. She is a strong Christian and told me her grandmother raised her with a saying " You must prepare to live and prepare to die". She said as a young girl I prepared for the day I would die. I will not like leaving my husband and family but I am not afraid. We shared a conversation only Christians could understand. A sorrow at temporarily parting from loved ones but an excited expectation of being with the Master!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  8:36:46 PM  Show Profile
Lea, that's so strong of her. I hope that she has good last days with her friends and loved ones.
Megan

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  12:20:09 AM  Show Profile
Lea...I think God gives us people to show us how He wants us to live and to show us how he
wants us to die. That Lady today was a wonderful example of strength and trust in God
concerning death. And I bet when she walked away...her attitude was a witness to even you.
As a Christian, we all hope that we will be that brave and that trusting at the end. That
was a very special encounter you had today. I believe those are devine encounters!

Megan...I think you are right...you should atleast try the all Latin Service.

Claudia...and others, thank you for your prayers for Susan Davis. She hasn't had time
yet to even grieve...and I am sure she is just going through the motions, feeling
very numb and in shock. She still has much to face and endure once everyone goes home
and she is left alone to deal with her losses. I do know she has a Daughter and SIL
that live close to her. Other than that...I am praying she has a good support team
too.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

SuzanneH
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Suzanne
St Francisville Louisiana
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  06:15:24 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Fellow Farmgirls

I can not believe we are almost through an entire week of the new year.

I just put my kids back on the bus to school and feel like I can finally think and digest the last two weeks.

Mychelle-Welcome I am new too and this is a lovely and welcoming group.
Megan--Although we are not Catholic, my husband and I find ourselves back at our old church (an hour away) longing to be there all the time because of the formal and deeply spiritual service. Go..it will be good for you.

Lea-How life changing for you to see your client face death with such calm and strength. My mother was like that. I agree with Peggy, God really does bring brief encounters into our lives that make big impacts which inturn have impacts on other people.

Peggy--I hurt so much for Susan's loss. I will continue to pray for her. It is so strange--I have a friend here by that name and I can not help thinking of her and her family when I see the name.

Cherime--I will continue to pray for Sandra. Please let her know she has prayer support.

As for my family--now that the kids are at school and not looking over my shoulder I can share that Christmas was wonderful because Chris and I wanted it to be wonderful. We did the traditions that we have started for our children and they had a wonderful time. Andrew had a very difficult two weeks. Lots of mood swings --mostly down. He doesn't do well off of a rigid schedule so holidays throw him for a loop. WE (Andrew and I) needed to sort his room. He is a hoarder. He saves everything from clothes to bottle caps to flattened tin foil. All for art projects. But nothing was organized. It looked like N.O after Katrina. He was dreading it. He thought we were going to throw all of his stuff out. We are such MEAN parents. He was pleasantly surprised that Dad stayed out and that Mom did just as she said....we sorted, organized, and labeled. You can not use it for Art if you don't know what you have. The entire process took four days.

Mychelle--My 16 year old son is bi-polar with mild aspergers The catcher is he has a high IQ and is very artistic
God has over compensated him and with Gods help Chris and I are going to help Andrew get through it all because we love him so much.

Suzanne
Farmgirl #3608
http://www.etsy.com/shop/countrylifenaturals
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TuttieLou
http://countrynatural.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/suzholland/
Go to Top of Page

Lydia Elisabeth
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Lydia
Sand Rock Alabama
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  06:19:20 AM  Show Profile
I am a Christian! and proud of it!

God is good!
Go to Top of Page

SuzanneH
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Suzanne
St Francisville Louisiana
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  07:21:51 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Lydia!!! Come in and join the fellowship.

Suzanne
Farmgirl #3608
http://www.etsy.com/shop/countrylifenaturals
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TuttieLou
http://countrynatural.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/suzholland/

Edited by - SuzanneH on Jan 05 2012 07:22:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  07:35:48 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies!
A hearty welcome to our newcomers!

I, too, am kind of looking into new churches. Thinking I may like something more traditional with blessed rituals. Yet, sometimes the rituals can get legaliistic and take the focus off Christ ??

I have always done more non-denominational churches and have been very blessed.
I am praying where God would have me attend.

Prayers for each of you as you go about your day.

Praying and thinking of you moms! I was a single mom of 4 kids, all grown now.
A gma of 5. A few that, this year, I have for a bit each day , as one of my daughters had to take a part time job.
It is definately a gift and a blessing to spend gma time! Are there days that challenge? Especially with you moms of special needs kids . Often, Every day is a challenge . Even on the days that it seems harder to feel God, I promise He is there with you!! My heart is with each of you moms!
Ladies, each of you, and all you share is a highlight of my day.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Blessings,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  12:24:10 PM  Show Profile
Blessings and hugs to all. Will be MIA for a while. Moving the office before end of Jan. Yuk!!!!

CMF
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  7:54:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Cherime, good luck with moving the office!
Peggy, I hope that Susan will find herself able to be strong through such a hard time. I will continue to pray for her.
Suzanne, I feel that a lot of kids who may have mental setbacks or obstacles are still able to bless our world in some way, and it's great that your son is able to do so through art.
Lydia, a warm welcome to you!
Linda, I think that something more traditional would be good, as it would bring the focus back to why we're celebrating, not just focusing on how flashy the service can be.
Well, tomorrow I'm going to a CMC (campus ministry council) meeting to start help planning for Lent. It seems like Advent was just here! How the time flies!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  4:03:31 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone. On the way to a 4-H meeting. God is good. A new year. A new chance. Old things are passed away, behold all things are become new>" Gods blessings on you.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  5:55:26 PM  Show Profile
Good evening to you all. I have been reading your posts, but being quiet for awhile. I don't know how you feel about football or about Denver's Tim Tebow, but this is what Rick Warren tweeted to Facebook.... "Christ is more embarrassed by Christians who are embarrassed by Tim Tebow,than by anything Tebow will ever do"

It made me think how many times I may turn down the Christian music in my car when I am at a stop light... not that it is blaring, but might be noticable with the window cracked. How many times, when saying grace at a restaurant, do I not fold my hands or bow my head. Am I afraid to speak my thoughts about a subject that has diversity of opinion and has angered some. I may just keep my mouth shut unless there are others that could support my belief. I know I may not be giving good examples, but I think you may get the idea. What Rick Warren said and what Tim Tebow does, has given me some things to chew on.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  12:28:17 AM  Show Profile
Good thoughts Claudia...it does give us pause...to think about how our daily actions affect others. For good or bad. All that matters is that we are not ashamed of our Lord or our Faith. I have found in life
that there are two kinds of Christians, Those who try to impress God and those who are impressed by God.
I always want to be the last kind of Christian (I haven't always been that in my earlier days of Faith). But now I am not afraid to let the whole World know that God is my Lord and Savior and that after 38 yrs of walking with Him... He still knocks my socks off...most every day. He is beyond Awesome and Amazing! I guess boldness with age can be a very good thing if demonstrated in Love.

blessings,
peggy

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  1:25:41 PM  Show Profile
Hey Peggy-we are the same age in the Lord!
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  06:02:54 AM  Show Profile
Claudia - when in doubt, I seek God's Word directly from the Bible (not man).

Just a quick update: I woke up to hearing completely normal from my left ear. Once I got up, the fluid shifted again, and clogged my hearing. However, the oils are working, and I want to thank you for your prayers for my ear to heal (and whatever else is causing the pressure).

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page