Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  2:39:06 PM  Show Profile
You're welcome, Laurie - any time. I know I didn't cover it as well as I would like, but I'm sure you got the gist. At the very least, you got a headache from all the reading! LOL! Sorry!!!

You have an awesome day, too!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  6:55:43 PM  Show Profile
Teresa your post about the sarcasm brought to mind a verse in my morning devotionals God used on me this week. It jumped off the page at me ..A wise woman builds her house, a foolish one destroys it with her own hands. Our hands represent our works many times. I wondered how many times I was too busy with something else and was exhausted so my words to my family came out harsher than I would have liked.I have made a new determination to build my home not destroy it. About your longing for God-Way to Go!!! When we seek God we will find Him. Thats what all of it is about. He created man for fellowship with Him. Isnt that lovely? He had it all but wanted us! Grasp hold of that.It amazes me everytimne I think of it. Give Him your heart. Thats what He wants. You have blessed me with your post. Especially about your son praying. Keep growing in your faith. It is an awesome ride! I have been on it 38 years now and would never trade a day of it.
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  09:14:34 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Lea for your encouragement.
I am so amazed at how true it all is... Once your heart is open to God, you will find Him. He helps us and shows Himself to us all the time, you just have to be open to Him in order to see it. I never thought He was all around me until I started looking for Him.. He has shown Himself in my son and in all of you.

Nini, I have learned so much from your posts these past couple of days!! In fact, when I first saw the length of your post---I got up from my chair, made a hot cup of tea, sat back down and began filling my brain and heart with your words. I am very much interested in reading your "long post" about the "extra" books in the Bible. So if you wish to share it on the forum, or send me a separate email... it's up to you!
Laurie, if you ever want to go to St. Paul's.. I would love to join you

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348
Little Henhouse on the Island

Keep reading. Keep learning. Keep loving. Keep giving. Keep smiling. Keep listening. Keep forgiving. Keep praying
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  10:41:01 AM  Show Profile
Lea, I too was impressed by your post. You were right on about the Proverb about building up our house...turning it into a home. There is so much knowledge around our group. God has infused into us and through us blessings He wants to give us. I am so impressed with Nini's delivery. She definitely has a gift to write as she probably talks. God has used her experiences, as he can with us all, to share with those who are a little further back on the journey. God uses many venues to teach us, share His love with us, give us the grace to bear up under difficulties, offer our worship & praises to Him and have the joy in the Lord of which He speaks. He does it whether it is through the Episcopal, Lutheran, Catholic, non-denominational church, Bible, the prayer of our child or on watching nature or making homemade soup at home. God wants to be so intimate with us, He will do whatever He needs to do, if we are willing, and as lea said, have our heart open to Him. Bravo to you, and even more a huge Bravo to our most magnificent God.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  12:21:23 PM  Show Profile
Claudia,
What a wonderful example you give in that God is not of a certain religious background, nor is it always sitting in church that he speaks to us. I love your association to the fact that enjoying nature etc is watching God at work! How true it is!
A quote of scripture that comes to mind along these lines:

"I pray that you have the power to comprehend...what is the breadth and length and height and depth." ~Ephesians 3:18

Blessings to you- have a wonderful weeknd!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..

Edited by - laurentany on Jan 27 2012 12:21:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  08:00:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi all. They will know we are Christians by our love. All of the things that we do not understand, the things man tries to understand and thereby creates doctrine are of little substance in the real scheme of things. Love God and love one another. Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  08:39:10 AM  Show Profile
One of my girlfriends and I were having a conversation about God the other day. She mentioned that she feels closest to God when she looks at a mountain and is overwhelmed by the beauty of it. I smiled and said, that's funny.. I feel closest to God when I step outside on a cold night and look up at the stars.
God is everywhere and in everything.

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348
Little Henhouse on the Island

Keep reading. Keep learning. Keep loving. Keep giving. Keep smiling. Keep listening. Keep forgiving. Keep praying
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  12:40:00 PM  Show Profile
I know that God is everywhere....personally I'm not sure if He is IN everything. I know there are people where His Spirit does not live, but I do know that when I look at nature I see His handywork. I marvel on other threads, how creative some ladies are at making super duper cards, or their sewing, gardening, crocheting etc, but when you think that it is just an infinitesmal (sp) bit of what God has made and sets into motion, it is mind boggling. I love the scripture Isa 55:12 "For you will go out with joy And be led forth with peace; The mountains and the hills will break forth before you, into singing, And all the trees of the field will clap their hands." It is there, in nature, that it is most easy for me to worship and talk to God. However, it is not the only place, and we are urged to go to church to worship our King and also be uplifted and nurtured by the Body. In Heb 10:24-25 it says: "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." I appreciate this forum, because although it is not church, we do get toether via computer to share and build up the Body and remind one another whom we serve. Isn't it grand?

Edited by - buffypuff on Jan 28 2012 12:42:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  2:21:22 PM  Show Profile
Amen Claudia. His handiwork declares His glory.
And isn't it hard to see some others as he sees them. We all can be so blind sometimes.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  2:43:31 PM  Show Profile
A double Amen on blindness Cherime. Hear your temp highs are hovering around 0'...and Fairbanks a -30. I shall not complain! Blessings///

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  4:21:13 PM  Show Profile
"Oh Lord, My God...
When I in awesome wonder
Consider all
Of the works
Thy Hands have made...

I see the stars...
I hear the rolling thunder...
Thy power throughout
The universe
Displayed...

Then sings my soul...
My Saviour
Unto Thee...

How Great Thou Art!
How Great Thou Art!

Then sings my soul...
My Savior
Unto Thee...

How Great Thou Art!
How Great Thou Art!"

When I read all your posts all I could hear in my head was Sandi Patti singing her rendition of "How Great Thou Art." My goodness, did it thrill my heart!

I feel the same way. My favorite time of day with God's creation is early morning, when the sun is just coming up; when the birds are cheerfully singing as they hunt for their breakfast, and the bees are buzzing happily throughout my lilacs gathering pollen. Music to my ears and refreshment for my soul! Praise be to God for His Wonderful Works!

Thank you all for your kind words. I really love how we all see Christ everywhere. I will email you soon with that info, Teresa... Just really need to spend some times with my guys right now. It's been a long day! :)

Cherime - when I was in college, a good friend of mine once said that it was her deepest prayer to see others as Christ sees them. I thought that was so beautiful, and have tried to do that every day since, although - you're right, sometimes, it can be a struggle, can't it? We always have to remember, though, through Christ all things are possible! ;)

Hugs, love and blessings to all -

Nini

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Jan 28 2012 7:26:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  7:26:29 PM  Show Profile
Nini and others...I am not Catholic and at one time I was Lutheran...but not until I truly sought a Relationship with Jesus Christ did I find Him. I do attend a Mega Non-Denominational Church now, but I have been a Christian for 38 years despite the Church not because of it. God does not care about The Name Above
The Door...He does not give us extra kudos for being "Religious"...He just says Seek me and you shall find me. Jeremiah 29:13 says "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." That is why a small child can have God speaking to him, despite the fact his parents are not taking him/her to Church...because in his child like heart he is searching for God. God placed a void or empty space in each heart and life that only He can fill. When I was 5 yrs old I started seeking God and believing in Him...it was the start (belief)...I did not however turn my life completely over to him until I was 21 yrs old. I gave him my sinful self and in exchange He gave me His Righteousness and a "Relationship" with Him. I do believe like many have stated that He wants us to Worship with fellow believers every week...but going to
Church does not make you a Christian. Relationship with The Lover of Your Soul and following Him all the days of your life...makes you a Christian. And He promises us if we do..."Never will I leave you nor forsake you." Amen! and Amen (means "So Be It")

Living Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 29 2012 12:06:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  7:28:09 PM  Show Profile
Amen, Peggy! My relationship with the Lord is first and foremost! :)

My relationship with the Lord began with a simple, "Jesus, if you're really there..." And from that day forward, I have never been the same. Praise His Holy Name! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Jan 28 2012 7:32:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

CountryKim
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
66 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  7:34:57 PM  Show Profile
Right here!
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  05:03:42 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,
Good morning!
I haven't been on the forums as much as I would like lately as 'life' just gets in the way!!
One of my daughters is working part time now and my lil gdaughter is here daily. She is a joy to have !

I want to get caught up on the posts as soon as I am able. Just in litely looking over them I have been blessed!! I want to read and learn more .

Hope each of you are having a great 'Sonday' morning!!

Gods blessings to you!
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  07:28:27 AM  Show Profile
Linda if I dont get off here we will be late for service which hubby wont like but quickly wanted to say love the spelling of Sunday. Sonday!!
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  11:23:02 AM  Show Profile
Peggy Ann, I could not have said it better. Those are my sentiments exactly. Thank you for speaking your heart. I love you for it. Blessings Lady...and to all the rest!! Have a blessed Sonday!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  12:17:26 PM  Show Profile
SONDAY...indeed! Love that! Nini...forgot to mention that How Great Thou Art by Sandy Patti...thrills my
soul too. Those pipes of hers are a God given gift and she uses them for His Glory beautifully, huh?

Iam not going to make it to The Church Building today. It is pouring rain and my muscles are cramping from
my Fibro pain...but Papa God and I will have Worship today non-the less. I will miss the entire
Congregation lifting up our voices together in Praise and Worship of our Holy and Mighty God (that is
impossible to duplicate at home)...but it will still be a Sonday of Worshiping The King of Kings.

I am so happy to have Christian Sisters on here who are in all phases of their Journey with Christ. From those taking baby-steps of Faith, To Seekers, To those mature in The Lord and every place in between.
May we continue to encourage one another day by day as we journey together towards home.

Living Loved,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  1:24:10 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,
I must admit.......the 'Sonday' spelling came to me first from my cousin, and then again thru a farmgirl blog!!! But I love it too!!! So I borrow it as well, lol!!

Did not make it to church either? As I have shared on/off here, kind of church hopping to find the one!

Between online and email devotions and bible studies, getting fed very well tho!
Today's tech can be a curse? But oh can it ever be a blessing as well!!

Have a great day everyone!

Blessings,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  6:14:34 PM  Show Profile
Peggy hope you are feeling better
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  8:23:02 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
"The Lord gives wisdom, and from His mouth comes knowledge
and understanding."
Proverbs 2:6

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  07:13:37 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by pegsmiles

Nini and others...I am not Catholic and at one time I was Lutheran...but not until I truly sought a Relationship with Jesus Christ did I find Him. I do attend a Mega Non-Denominational Church now, but I have been a Christian for 38 years despite the Church not because of it. God does not care about The Name Above
The Door...He does not give us extra kudos for being "Religious"...He just says Seek me and you shall find me. Jeremiah 29:13 says "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." That is why a small child can have God speaking to him, despite the fact his parents are not taking him/her to Church...because in his child like heart he is searching for God. God placed a void or empty space in each heart and life that only He can fill. When I was 5 yrs old I started seeking God and believing in Him...it was the start (belief)...I did not however turn my life completely over to him until I was 21 yrs old. I gave him my sinful self and in exchange He gave me His Righteousness and a "Relationship" with Him. I do believe like many have stated that He wants us to Worship with fellow believers every week...but going to
Church does not make you a Christian. Relationship with The Lover of Your Soul and following Him all the days of your life...makes you a Christian. And He promises us if we do..."Never will I leave you nor forsake you." Amen! and Amen (means "So Be It")

Living Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Amen Peggy! I am a Christian but have not attended a church in the last 3 years - another story for another day. Amen to "following Him..."

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  12:45:37 PM  Show Profile
The Heart of God is the Father
The Face of God is his son Jesus
The Voice of God is the Holy Ghost
The Hand Of God is the Church

I heard Jesse Duplantis from New Orleans talk bout this and it always stuck in my mind. I really love listening to him preach. has anyone else heard of him.

Blessings marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

CountryKim
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
66 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  4:33:40 PM  Show Profile
I am glad I am not the only one who has not attended a physical place of worship in awhile. I sometimes feel almost a "stigma" for not.I don't understand why I find it hard to find a comfortable place, other than I prefer quaint, small country type churches. I have been attending the local First Baptist church which is nice. I have been going with my mother in law, but she has been ill and in and out of the hospital lately. I haven't been for a few weeks.

Maybe I shouldn't be so concerned about finding one...?

Forever farmgirl

http://throughethelseyes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  4:45:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marlee...I have heard of him but never really listened to him preach.
I so liked those words that you shared from him though...that I wrote them
down and will share that with others. Thank You!

Kim...don't give up looking for a Church Home. Just remember that there is
no perfect Church and never can there be... as we are all sinners/saved by
Grace. Just put your focus on Jesus and not imperfect people. There is nothing
more precious than worshiping with other like-minded people. The Church is a
Building of our Choice where we bring our Worship to the Lord. If you have to
miss at times...God understands...and He will meet you in your own home
when you sit down and open your bible and pray to Him.

Living Loved,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 31 2012 12:27:01 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page