Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  07:46:29 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Old Spirit

Hello and prayers with all of you.

I could use some prayer, reminding me to turn things over to God. I am feeling overwhelmed and stressed, not able to pinpoint one thing just lots going on but to the point where it is affecting me, my stomach not being happy more often than not .

I know God is watching over me but for some reason just can't let go of the little things here. I had been on anxiety medication for a few years and off now for 4 months and I know my body has to adjust again.
Thanks for listening.

Praying for you Rae.

Thanks Deb for the answer! You rock!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  2:51:51 PM  Show Profile
Rae: I will keep you in my daily prayers.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  3:18:52 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your prayers!!! I am feeling better today, good old keeping God first!! Also spent the whole day out in the field with hubby as he was planting winter wheat and etc and I had it all with me in the truck. The good part I got to read a couple Guidepost magazines!! Almost caught up on them now.

Thanks be to GOD!!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  9:34:39 PM  Show Profile
Rae, yay for a good day! I hope you'll be able to find more time to stop up on here! We miss you and are always here for you!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  3:35:43 PM  Show Profile
Happy you've had a good day. I love to read the Guidepost magazine.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  05:51:29 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, you e-mail came at the most opportune time.

Thank you all for your prayers. Although, the stress is affecting my eye sight right now. Thank you for praying during such a difficult time for our family.

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  10:23:59 AM  Show Profile
Kristina
Are you doing ok hon?
I hope so, I will put your family in my prayers also,
Dear Lord, I ask that you bring Kristina and her family into your loving arms and that you be with them through all of these difficult times that are hitting them right now and giving them stress. I also ask that you be Kristina in her stresses and that you help her with her eyesight. Help this family to find the comfort through this that they need and know that you are there with them and have your loving arms around them to keep them strong. Heal their problems Lord as only you might.
Thank you Lord for being there for all of us.
In your Precious Name Jesus Christ.
Amen.

Take care
love and hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  08:45:53 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,
Haven't been on the forums too faithfully lately. School has started up and I have my lil gdaughter each day.
May I ask for prayers?

Prayers for my small hometown, family,friends?

A teacher, Christian leader of the community has confessed to abusing boys going back even 30 years!
He was youth group leader to all 4 of my kids, their Sun school teacher and public school teacher to 2 of my gkids.
Hearts are absolutely broken and it's going to get worse as more info comes out. Thus far most of us do feel and believe our adult kids when they seem as hurt and stunned as we all are.
Everyone is just sick inside and trying as best as we all can to process this.

Prayers would be so very appreciated!

My thoughts and prayers are always with you ladies even if I can't post as often as I would like!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart

Edited by - prayin granny on Aug 18 2012 08:50:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  2:15:18 PM  Show Profile
Oh how sad, the poor kids that were abused through the years.. Makes you wonder what happened to make a person want to do that. It is so twisted and wrong...They have caused so many children fear and a life that wasn't normal again.. It is so sad...
Was he caught? Is that why he confessed? It is bad enough it happens at school where they have access to all these children but at church too. Society is at fault too because they ignored things like this for so long...
He definitely needs our prayer because he is going to need it to face what he has done and to face his own family as well as all the victims.
His family will suffer from his actions...They really need prayer during this awful time as well.
My prayers are with you also and your little granddaughter and I hope you get to have a wonderful time with her. How old is she? Play and enjoy grandmom...
Blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  2:43:32 PM  Show Profile
Kristina still sending prayers up for you. that God is with you.
Rae I am sending prayers up for you also to be strong also.
Let God guide you through it all, bless and keep you
love
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

kelly22
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Kelly
Monmouth Oregon
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  3:58:07 PM  Show Profile
yup, yup, yup!!!

~Kelly...raising 4 free range sons on our 65 acre sustainable farm
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  8:05:43 PM  Show Profile
Nobody saw this coming at all!
His family is in hiding as they have been threatened.
Yes, a young man he hurt just a week ago was going to tell so he confessed to his wife, Pastor and a close friend...then he turned himself in and pleaded guilty during arraignment.
It's all still unfolding as he tells police everything.
This was a man respected and loved, so it's just hard to soak in. He definitely had a very dark side that nobody but his victims knew about.
Thank you all so much for your prayers!

My youngest gdaughter is 4. She is a joy! Sharp as a whip. And keeps us all on our toes!! He he he
She starts pre-k this Mon.

Kristina and Rae- prayers for you both!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  8:07:12 PM  Show Profile
Linda, prayers are being sent for your town. What a terrible thing to come out, especially since it's been going on for such a long time.
Kristina, prayers and hugs to you during this time for you!
Prayers and hugs for everyone who needs it!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2012 :  04:50:51 AM  Show Profile
Hello all, doing pretty good on my end. Appreciate your prayers.

Linda prayers to your community and church family, that is really tough. Also to the abusers family as often they are treated so awful!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  09:09:10 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone!
Talked with my daughter yesterday. The town is just in a mess for now. Anger, pain, hurt as everyone tries to just process it all.
Those of us now out of state struggling thru the same emotions.
Just so hard to understand. And very scary to realize we really don't know people at all.
I am SO thankful that HE does not change, is our constant and sees us thru all things- good and bad!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  3:46:43 PM  Show Profile
Prayers for you all, for strength to get through this whole mess and maybe find how come it happened for so long and how to stop it from happening to others...
take care
love
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  3:47:24 PM  Show Profile
How are you doing Kristina?
hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  1:21:01 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for asking Darlene. I took a much needed 2 night camping trip to give myself, and my hubby a mental break. However, today it's been rough. I guess it's possible for an 18 year-old daughter to disrupt a household, even after she moves out. It's been exhausting mentally and physically.

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  1:23:58 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by prayin granny

Ladies,
Haven't been on the forums too faithfully lately. School has started up and I have my lil gdaughter each day.
May I ask for prayers?

Prayers for my small hometown, family,friends?

A teacher, Christian leader of the community has confessed to abusing boys going back even 30 years!
He was youth group leader to all 4 of my kids, their Sun school teacher and public school teacher to 2 of my gkids.
Hearts are absolutely broken and it's going to get worse as more info comes out. Thus far most of us do feel and believe our adult kids when they seem as hurt and stunned as we all are.
Everyone is just sick inside and trying as best as we all can to process this.

Prayers would be so very appreciated!

My thoughts and prayers are always with you ladies even if I can't post as often as I would like!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart

sending up prayers

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  4:41:36 PM  Show Profile
My prayers are with all of you hoping He is making his presence known in the lives that are afflicted and struggle on this day. I also ask for prayers for my FIL who had a tumor removed from his lung today and the lung collapsed. Hoping that he has a speedy recovery and the results will come back that the tumor is non-cancerous.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  7:04:51 PM  Show Profile
Prayers going up for your FIL Lesley, You take care also.
Kristina, Your kids are your kids no matter where or how old they are that worry is going to be there...I will pray that she gets herself together. I am glad you got a camping trip in.
take care
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

ModernishHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Colorado
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  10:05:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies,

My grandfather has been transferred to home-based hospice care. We don't expect him to be with us much longer and I have been praying for peace and an easing of pain for him. And also many prayers or my grandmother who has been married to him for over 60 years. We are not sure how she will do without him, especially since she does not drive and she will be the only one left of that generation, so she will likely move in with one of my aunts or uncles. It's a big transition for her in so many ways above and beyond the grieving.

My father is doing pretty well with the chemo from all I've heard. We've had some nice phone conversations lately and I will be seeing my parents at the end of September, if I do not see them for my grandfather's funeral first. Keep him in your prayers, but also praise for things going pretty well so far.

One of my good friends from college recently lost her grandfather as well and her father was also recently diagnosed with cancer - so we seem to be in the same boat.

I have a personal ongoing request for my future spouse. Today was one of those days where that family sized hole in my heart was especially achy with that dull empty pain of still being alone . . . I want so badly to give my love to a husband and children of my own, and this was one of those days where I wept again for not having that and feeling a little hopeless that I never will . . . (even though I know that's probably not true and it may well be Satan whispering lies to me to make me bitter towards God, and not trusting in Him) . . . So please pray for me to find peace and patience as I continue to wait - and also for my spouse to be found soon. (Whatever soon means, right? Ha!)

It's not all bad news though - I have some big praises for the myriad little things I'm thankful for today: For the rain storms this evening, so needed in this drought; for the big bottle of Mexican vanilla that my mom sent me and I can't wait to put to use!; for my diploma coming in the mail today - I have a masters! Yeah!; For my job which makes me smile every day and the joy of helping children and families grow to love reading and learning together.

Thanks ladies for being a place where I can come and share these things on my heart!

***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***
I'm just a 20-something girl making a home for me (and my dog) and waiting for the family to fill it!

---

modernishhomemaker.blogspot.com
---
outdooramy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  10:44:33 PM  Show Profile
Amy
I am sending up prayers for your grandfather and your grandmother as they go through this new transition of their life and that your grandfather will go in a peaceful way and that your grandmother will be able to adjust to it soon.
Prayers for your father and his chemo and that he will feel better soon, and that he keeps upbeat about everything which will help him heal better.
Prayers for for your friend and her father who will just start the process of beating the cancer. Lord give them strength to get through this.
Prayers that God will find you the husband he wants you to have and the many children He probably will give you after you patiently wait for him to do what you ask of Him.
Thank you Lord for Amy finishing College and getting her Masters, Thanks for mom for cares for Amy and loves her, help her in her daily life and be with Amy at her job.
Thank you Jesus...Amen.
hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  4:44:52 PM  Show Profile
My prayers go out to you Amy. I hope you find peace and strength while you go through everything in the next couple of months. I hope that he sends a Mr. Wonderful into your life soon. As I keep telling my son, when the time is right the opportunity will present itself, just keep an eye out for when it arrives.
My father in law has been diagnosed with Lung Cancer so please keep Ken in your prayers, as well as my husband Kevin as he deals with his emotions with this news. We are hoping now that he does get the job in Fort Worth now so that he is able to be close to his father. Its in God's hands now.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

showthemlove
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Vanessa
Vermillion SD
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  7:20:24 PM  Show Profile
I know Jesus, too.

I love the upper Midwest!
Go to Top of Page