15 Posts

Martha
Caledonia WI
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  12:44:10 PM  Show Profile
HELLO EVERYONE!!!
Brand new here and 'almost' 50....lol

I'm from SE Wisconsin, a husband of almost 30 years, 3 sons (ages 26, 23, 21) 2 dogs (Female Wolf/shepherd, female shepherd) and 2 cats.

I'm VERY crafty and do Crochet, quilt (new at this one), paint, make jewelry, scrapbooking, card making, embroidery, and garden in the right months!!

I'm VERY excited to be here and hope to make lots of new friends!!

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.
Proverbs 31:8-9

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  1:34:17 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Martha, good to meet you! You won't have a hard time making friends here. The more the merrier! When do you turn 50?

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  1:57:49 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Dianne- Congrats on seeing snow! Hoping to see some before spring comes. We only get it maybe twice in the season and it's there one day and gone the next, so young and old alike get out in it and enjoy it before it melts.

Judy- Amen to children singing scripture songs and Amen to God having the last word!
Got mama's card in the mail today.I think she will be pleasantly surprised at how many cards she's getting this year...right gals?
I've run the end of the glasses leg up my nose...talk about overshooting the gizmo! hahahaha

Martha- Welcome to the group. You will love it here. We're just as excited to make friends with you as you are with us.We are a loving, crazy, sharing, caring bunch. I love to crochet with thread and yarn. Welcome from western NC.

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  4:13:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh Martha welcome. How far is Caledonia from LaCrosse? I am from North Central Iowa. Right on the MN border. I go to LaCrosse, Ettrick, Toma from time to time. Are you close to these places?

Edited by - Thelma on Jan 11 2012 4:16:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  4:29:43 PM  Show Profile
Ginny, you kind soul. Thank yo for directions. I am going to attempt to send a picture. It worked. Shout it to the top of the highest mountain. It worked! The pic is of our dog Lily and my 2 quilts I made for our granddaughters.

Edited by - Thelma on Jan 11 2012 4:31:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  4:53:01 PM  Show Profile
One more to make sure I know what I am doing.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  5:01:22 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Last night was clear and cold. At 7:10 this morning the moon was setting over the trees and I thought in 15 minutes it will be down close to the tops of the pines so the picture will be interesting. At 7:15 we had cloud cover. No picture opportunity. Oh well there will be other days.

tomorrow is the big travel day. Everyone ready? I am! I sure can use time away to laugh and not do laundry.

Patty do you do in the quail yourself come butchering time? I am thinking of getting a plucking machine because the family that has done in my birds for years are charging $4 for a chicken and $6 for a turkey now. I could cover the costs in one year. I am just not sure how I would get rid of all the blood so we would not attract too many of the wild creatures overnight. Years ago we did in our chickens by hand and that was tedious and miserable. I thought if I did ten or twenty an evening it would not be too awful.

Thelma the quilts are beautiful. The dog too cute.

Have peaceful dreams.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

oregonatural
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Susan
Sprague River OR
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  7:39:01 PM  Show Profile
I was born on Leap Year! So I'll be 15 in Leap Years next month! (Do the math, that 60 big ones for me!) I have never been happier in my life. Would I exchange the life I have now for a perky bottom? Nope. I love my life. I'm living my dream. It's never too late to become what you might have been! Yaaay! Live it up gals, we may not be gettin' any younger but we sure as tootin' know our way around life! WhaaaHooo. Woot Woot Woot!

Off-grid living in a small solar-powered cabin. Please subscribe to my blog: http://oregonnatural.blogspot.com/
and visit my ETSY shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/OregonNatural?ref=si_shop
THANK YOU from the bottom of my mountain girl heart!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  8:26:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Susan, Welcome! I thoroughly enjoyed your blog! WOW...I love the beauty of where you live. Lucky YOU! Fat boy has a cool eyebrow marking. And the horse is gorgeous, but then I LOVE horses. Yup!!! You are one lucky Lady! I think "Things" own us too...and we think we need more&more! Sad! Killing ourselves to buy more then need more space to store it!! It's a rat race!
Glad to have you here Susie-Q!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  10:32:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Wow girlfriends aren't ya'll a chatting group since I posted last. Thank you to everyone for your kind and uplifting words and most for just being here and listening to me. I feel that all I have done lately is dump on all of you…I really hope that I can start sharing more positive things in the future. I really don't like the negativity that has been coming from me and my life lately, but do appreciate all of you for understanding. I don't really know what I would do without you.

But as negativity in life goes just a couple more things then hopefully I can move on with some positive things..

Remember my friend that was having a baby? The one I made quilt and baby stuff for….anyway she had a baby girl on Sun. at 3:16. But baby had some problems and was placed in NICU and then, listen to this, Mom was having trouble breathing Mon morning…after getting her stable they told her she had Pregnancy induced heart failure(cardiomyopathy)…so she was placed in ICU….I just heard Baby is doing better and is now eating and her sugar is under control but my friend is still having breathing attacks which is caused from heart not working correctly….So once again I'm asking if you will please include her in your prayers. Her name is Danielle and the baby is Gwendolyn. Thank you so much.

I also am having another situation that I had last year, but I am not going to go into much details…but I will ask for prayers for someone that I know that she finds peace and happiness and learns how to treat others before she is left to grow old alone. Thanks

*This added after reading some of the post and didn't want to forget to say this…but I have a mental list of the people I pray for, but I think I need to have an actual written list. Does anyone else have a written list? I want to do this because I don't want to forget anyone and it seems that my memory isn't as good as it use to be… If anyone else has a list can you tell me if there is any special way you organize it? Thanks….now back to Marianne..

Now on to happier things…I'm packed and ready to go…got my bikini, a book, sunglasses, toothbrush, brush, and ME…..let's go…I need a vacation. If any of you are on FB you can go to my cruise album and see my bikini….of course it is the same one I wore in Maui….Do they have poolboys in Rio?

Ginny, I sure am working on my smoking, I've been on the meds for a week and a half…and today is the first full day without a cig. Not to bad…but seems like if I take a whole pill and don't eat I get sick…so cutting them in half and didn't get sick after lunch….Dr. said ok to cut and take a half 4 times a day instead of whole twice a day just as long as I take them all….besides way to much money to just throw away….and I hate wasting things I paid for….just think of all the money I am going to be able to save. I'm sorry you gained the weight….I did that too when I quit before…I really hope it doesn't happen this time. I just lost 10 lbs and really don't want to put it back on. Oh I love the turkey pics….we just had about 7 in our field on Monday too….I just love watching them. I'm glad your girls didn't run off with that Tom….we might to call them naughty names if they did *giggle* I'm with you too about the snow….don't want it either….lol oh before I forget thanks again of the pear pie recipe…I canned some pears last year so I think I will drain them and maybe try the pie soon.

Darlys, I use to love bananas but don't think I want anymore. Thank you for the prayers. If we could walk TO the beach in RIO I would keep you company, oh wait, I can't…dang…stupid ankle…almost forgot…guess that means I've been sitting in this chair too long…I kind of forget till I stand up…Wow, girl you went through a lot that year when you decided to quit smoking didn't you….I am so sorry all that stuff happened to you all at once….. I love your story about quitting smoking, just read it to DH and he asked me "have you prayed about it like Darlys?"…of course I haven't and told him I don't know why I haven't since I pray about everything else….so that will be put in my prayers from now on…maybe I will have the same success with it like you….. oh by the way on our trip you and I can bunk together if needed be I'm use to snoring..oh that is if you can handle my snoring, been told I do but hey I never heard myself…I just know we are going to have a blast and besides…I don't plan on sleeping much…already a night owl and a semi early riser so just a few hours is all I need..and DH says I can look and chase the poolboys as long as I don't catch them…lmbo….Oh before I move on…sure would love some of that lasagna…I haven't made lasagna in years and boy I love it, dang I love anything with pasta…lol

Patty, Love the Happy Soup…it is smiling at me….do you see it…straight at me…can you believe it….just a big smile for me…look do you see it, well do ya????? Ok, ok, I will stop… Sounds like you have had a very busy week and a lot of driving. Love the eggs…I sure hope all of them hatch…what is the percentage that usually hatches? See what I get for not reading all the post before I ask a question. I just moved to page 169 and see you already answer my questions..lol…so 50%...that's not to bad, is it? I also love the little babies…you make me want some…
How did the sewing go? Sure hope both of you had a good time. I saw the pic of your sister and family, again I am so sorry for their loss. It is such a nice pic for them to do with the thank you banner. I will keep them in my prayers. I hope the sweet doggie can find peace soon…bless her heart. I am so sorry to hear about Jake…with all he has been thru already, now this….I understand stumbling over dogs tho..I pray he gets better soon….tell him we knew by what you have told us that "he had a few screws loose"…lol…

Maianne, thank you for caring…not much anyone can say but knowing you have him in your prayers means the world to me. Thank you. Don't worry about the multiple post…we don't mind…we are just glad you are here with us….I'm with you and Judy, I love Richard Simmons too…I have some of his videos that I love putting in just for the music sometimes. I read your story about your sister and your medical troubles…bless your heart..you sound like my DH…with the rods and pins in your back. So I will also keep you in my prayers too..If you are going to RIO with us….remember the eggs!!!! And don't forget the sunscreen…lol.

Dianne, glad you love your snow, but please keep it there…lol
Thank you for being on my quit smoking team….I need all of you…and so glad you are here Dianne to root me on…

Judy, It is so true, I do not know what I would do without all of you…leaving out here away from everyone and working with my DH…and now having been told my old friend wouldn't be coming here anymore(now that's a story) so even before she said that…I have become closer to all of you… And Judy, you know how I have become fond of your Mama..thank you for sharing her with me…and I do hope she writes back if she wants too…I love reading her letter. I am so sorry that your Mama's sister is having trouble…I hope she improves…I will put her on my prayer list…can you let me know her name please…oh and do you have a written prayer list? I'm trying to find out how people do theirs…So what you taking on our trip? As you can see at the first of this book *hehe* I'm not taking much….

Holly, I had 3 pages to cover too…so I am using Office One Note and a split page with the MJF board next to it so I can read and write at same time….to much for my pea brain to remember all at once.. I'm packed and ready…wow the place we are staying sounds amazing…I'm so excited…not having to do anything but lay around and read or gossip…can we be like teenage girls and jump on the bed at least ONCE? Please..always wanted to do that but didn't have many friends as a teenager and Momma wouldn't have allowed it anyway…*giggle* I can't wait to try the zip line…oh boy this is going to be fun…We have a big group going this time for sure….wow…so exciting…see ya soon

Nancy, I am so sorry about your eye…dang, if we all keep hurting ourselves we are going to have to get people to lead us around with pillows for us to land on if we fall down…I sure hope you will be ok…I've done stuff like that too…I wear glasses when I don't have my contacts in…which lately is most the time…and those things can be dangerous…Don't worry about the trip..I will stay close to you and help you around…since I am still walking slow and with a slight limp…the two of us together now won't we be a pair…lol

Janie…so glad to know you are ready…better rest up…we are going to be busy in RIO…I am so glad we have another night owl…I would hate to be awake by myself…you know what happens at slumber parties when girls fall asleep to early don't ya? *giggling* Might wake up with a make over…lol..

Thelma, I haven't been on much either but so glad to see you here now…I am glad also that Glenda is getting a little rest…I am so glad you got your baby back…and they didn't have to keep her over night. She sounds like she feels better too…RIO is going to be a blast, don't ya think? I love the quilts and your sweet puppy…I wish I had the talent you have with quilting….oh and so glad that loading the pic worked for you…way to go...

Glenda, as always sending warm thoughts and prayers your way

Martha, Welcome from the great state of Georgia…so glad to have you…so when is the big day? I'm over 50 and loving it….You sound very crafty. You will love it here I promise…we are just a crazy but loving bunch…and are here to listen to the ups, downs, bad, good, and everything in between….so share, share, share….

Patsy, I really wish I hadn't let your Mama's BD sneak up on me…I will make her card and get it in the mail tomorrow…she is so sweet…I don't think she will mind if it is a day or two late…

Susan, now do you REALLY want to be 15? Lol…Glad to hear you are happy to be turning 60…every year things get better don't they? I understand how happy living your dream can be. So glad to have you here as part of our group…so glad you joined us…sit down and share anytime….we are just one big happy MJF family…

Wow can't believe I'm done…If I skipped anybody please forgive me it was by accident I promise…as you can see I've written a book. I've been sitting here writing for over an hour…and I think it is bed time….I can't let a day go by without posting again…cause man am I tired and I really wanted to be refreshed for our trip….see ya tomorrow..

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Edited by - Acelady02 on Jan 12 2012 07:14:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  05:20:02 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Ladies, Who is serving breakfast where it is warm and sunny today? Because that is where I am planning a road trip today...lol. Wasn't snowing when I got up at 3:30am, but plenty of snow now! I was so hoping it would miss us. My son Jake and his GF are here. He is walking pretty much stiff legged. I worry about his leg. I nag him to work it more when he is walking and to quit favoring it. His GF and I are going to make tortellini today and this evening we are having quail for dinner. Haven't decided if I will bake or fry it. His GF has never had quail. I fried turnips for supper last night and she tried it, and liked it. I love that she is not a picky eater!

Martha- Welcome to this group of over 50's ladies who work very hard at acting their grandchildren's ages, yet we are all mature enough to have been there, done that and share alot of wisdom.

Hey Thelma! - I love the puppy! ( and the quilts). I am so glad you got your sewing machine back. :)

Holly- We will butcher the quail ourselves. Not near as much work as chickens.

Susan (OR)- I enjoyed your blog... I too am trying to prepare our home for for an emergency. I think the crap will hit the fan sooner than later.

Penny- Will add your friend to my prayer list. And you too! I will be right there beside you praying that the Lord will take away the strong desire for cigarettes. He can do it! I keep a journal with a prayer list and just keep adding to it. Some people never seem to come off of the list! But only because after things are better, I thank God for what he has done and ask for his continued watch over them. It is wonderful to have someone to help carry the load of worries for you. Our God is wonderful. I love knowing that there are so many wonderful women here that we can count on to go to the Lord on our behalf.

Dianne- "It's snowing, it's snowing,
The old man is snoring.
He went to bed and bumped his head,
And he couldn't get up in the morning." Ok, Maybe it didn't quite go like that. But I can't cheer on this snow like you. I am already dreading doing the chores. I realize we need snow, I realized it has lots of benefits. But I was kinda enjoying our 60' weather.
Happy Birthday to your boys. My twins will be 26 on Jan. 17th.

Janiee- Did you try the oatmeal? It is on our menu today as my son Jake and his GF are visiting. It is such an easy "don't have to stand
over the stove" meal.

Nancy- OMGosh, how many times I have hit myself putting my glasses on. Hubby will ask if I am blind, I tell him "The reason I wear glasses is because I can't see!" I guess my hand - eye coordination isn't so good either.

Judy- I think when I get enough eggs, I will blow them out and use some for display. They are beautiful.

Ladies, Have a good day, I had best start in getting my to do list done.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Jan 12 2012 05:26:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  05:35:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone.

We had one hour of rain yesterday. For us that is monumental. It is going to get cold, for us, again tomorrow for about 3 or 4 days and then back up again into the high 60s.

Welcome Martha, Glad to have you with us. As you can see we are a wonderful group of ladies. It doen't take long to feel right at home here.

Thelma, I love your beautiful quilts. Oh, if only I had the talent and patience to do quilting like that. I am working on getting better at my quilting skills though. Truly I am. Your little Lily is so cute.

Patsy, I have never been kind to my glasses. I wore glasses from 2 years old to 12 years old. Then from 30 on all the time. As a child I had a cross eye, amplyopia and astigmatism. Later I now have astigmatism and far sightedness. My husband had bad near sightedness but had Lasik and can see really well now without his glasses. Best thing he did as his glasses were so thick. He couldn't even get out of bed without putting them on.

Susan Welcome. I was born on Feb 28, not in a leap year. So you will be 15! Well, not really. So glad to have you with us. The more the merrier. I will be sure to read your blog. I want to see that beautiful place where you live and those horses.

Penny we will make quite a pair together: one who can't see and one who limps around. Did you ever see that movie with Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor where one was hard of hearing and the other was blind? They were trying to drive a car. One could see but couldn't hear the directions. The other was blind but could hear the directions.
I am so glad though that you are back with us. Take each day one at a time with your stopping smoking. When I had to stop eating wheat it was so hard. Even the smell of bread still bothers me. Sometimes when I go past the bakery department in the grocery store and smell that aroma I think I could eat a whole loaf of bread. Then I tell myself, "Not today." And the yearning passes. You can do it.
Love ya, girl!

Holly, I am ready to go! Laughing! Giggling! Fun! Fun! Fun!

Marianne, Richard Simmons makes me laugh when I watch his videos. His workouts are fun because he is so enjoying himself when he is doing them. I used to know a lady who was in one of his videos and she said he is such a kind person. He has been there, obese, so he knows what it is like. I hope you are joining us on the trip to Rio. We need you there.

Okay, I gabbed enough for today. Got to go and take my walk. I have to be sure that I have everything ready for the trip. Sunglasses, bikini ( am I sure I want to take one?), hat, Poolboy.....

Hugs and squeezies,

Nancy

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  05:54:51 AM  Show Profile
hi gals! it is cooler today here in Texas but not like some of you have! I have not tried to oatmeal yet, going to the store tomorrow for steel cut oatmeal to try (i get paid tomorrow)but i am sure it will be good!
welcome to the new gals, you will LOVE it here! it is a great place to get to know all of us and vent at the same time knowing you will be loved thru it.
Penny, if you need any help in Rio, I will be there for you. of course we have to be going somewhere fun! I am all packed and ready to go. Thought i was ready yesterday morning but i forgot the camera for all those pictures no one wants anyone else to see (hehehehehe)
so i am now prepared and with extra sunscreen for anyone who needs it.
thelma, i love the quilts and the dog pic. He looks sweet and snuggly.
well, better get back to work
love
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  06:47:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi Farm Gals. I am on here for just a minute. I have working and busy so have not been taking the time to check e-mails. I miss y'all and will post soon. This weekend! Got the plumber on the way.... Got a leak in the ceiling from the upstairs tub. I mean a "dripping get the pan" leak!!! Hope all is well! Chat later.

debra e.

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  08:37:52 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning
Judy I am Praising God right along with yoy!!

Marianne I don't understand how people can be so thoughtless. I know we all mess up but really that was not nice at all. Your a special woman to go through all of that and I am glad you shout to the world that you love your sister. Why do people look only at the outside? It is what is inside a person that counts.

Holly what do you mean packed. I have my sunglasses and sun screen. Oh and my swinsuit. Do I need any other clothes?

Patty Still praying for a fast recovery for Jake. I am glad the bone did not move. I love my dogs but I have stumbled over them several times. The black one has a habit of laying in the shadows or being right under my feet.

Martha welcome We are fun and loving bunch. If you want to join the rest of us crazies on our virtual trip to Rio, just let Holly know. We could squeeze you in the trunk.

Thelma she is a cutie and those quilts are gorgeous. Makes me want to get back to quilting. Like I need another project. LOL

Holly my DH and I did our chickens by hand last year. We raised them in two batches so it was not too bad. Then again we only did 50 total, two batches of 25. If we do any more than that I think I would invest in a plucker. Although that is not the hard part for me. I really and I mean really hate the gutting part. ICK! Just ICK!

Susan Welcome to this crazy group. You are so right about knowing our way around life. We dod what we want! Way to go living your dream. My DH and I are looking for a place to do just that.

Penny praying right now and will keep both mother and child in my prayers. We are here for you in good and bad times. I was once told that you know who your friends are when you go through bad times. They are the ones that are still there when you get back to the good times. Love ya girl.

Debra glad to hear from you. I hate leaky upstairs bathrooms. We had one too and it was a mess. Good luck with the plumber.

I had better get a move on myself. I have some shopping and chores to do around the house.
Snow is gone but they are predicting more for Wednesday and Thursday of next week. The days I have to come back to work. Go figure!

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  11:58:07 AM  Show Profile
Dear heavenly Father, I am so grateful that you have led me to these wonderful ladies. You have made my life a little nicer by getting to know them.
Lord sometimes you lead us through fires that we don't wish to walk through. Some of my farmgirl friends have sick realtives and friends. Some of them are fighting illness and worn out bodies as well. Give these ladies the strength they need Lord to face what lays ahead of them, and thank you Lord that they can still find a giggle along the way as they reach out to others. It is not easy being a caregiver Lord, but I know you will stand by my friends if they invite you to do so.
People are trying to regain a healthier lifestyle, Lord. Please be with them as they quit smoking, eat healthier, and exercise more.
We are all wondering about the weather, Lord. Some of us like the snow and cold while others do not. whatever the weather is, help us know that each day is a gift from You and help us to make it a good day by smiling as we are serving others. Amen.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  12:10:28 PM  Show Profile
thank you for all the nice comments about my quilts and Lily. Lily is a minature Shiz Tu. She will be three years old in March. We got her in June. She was a retirement gift to myself as I don't like the idea of leaving dogs unattended during the working day. She weighs about 7 pounds and is an important part of our extended family. Spoiled? You bet.

I hope you didn't mind my prayer. If I offended anyone, I am truly sorry. Someone was asking for a prayer list. I simply wanted to show how I went about including everyone when I don't have time to cover all my bases. I do have a written prayer list. It includes you sisters and others I know. Some days I pray for everyone on the list and some days I barely have time to remind God that He needs to remember everyone on the list. I think He has my number! I find the best time for bible reading and prayer is in the early morning hours, but I do love sleeping late!

Rio! Rio! Rio! should we pack a few snacks? I could bring some sugar/cinnamon apples that I have dried. I also have some GOOD chocolates that I bought myself at Christmas time. Let me know. I won't be back until the 21st, but plan on catching up with you. Remember no zipping until I get there! weeeeeee!weeeeeeeee! weeee!

Edited by - Thelma on Jan 12 2012 12:17:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

wolfbaby63
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Martha
Caledonia WI
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  12:35:25 PM  Show Profile
EVERYone, thank you for the warm, warm welcome!

I'll be 50 in Jan of '13, so the 24th I'll be 49.

(I'm sorry I can't remember everyone's name yet, but I DO remember some of the questions...LOL)

LaCrosse is about 4 hours NW of me...I'm pretty close to the IL border. It is a VERY beautiful area up there too!

Thelma, that is a beautiful quilt! And thank you for posting your prayer here.

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.
Proverbs 31:8-9

Go to Top of Page

oregonatural
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Susan
Sprague River OR
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  1:36:05 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much for the warm welcome all! Delighted to meet you. Virtually that is. Enjoy the sunshine if you got some! I think ol' man winter has a few surprises for us yet. He's just about 2 months late around here and have a sneaky feeling he's gonna arrive with a vengeance. Better go get a wiggle on.
Love on!
Susan

Please subscribe to my blog: http://oregonnatural.blogspot.com/
THANK YOU from the bottom of my mountain girl heart!
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  2:49:15 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Nancy: I started wearing glasses in 2nd grade and continued through the 5th grade. One day my sis and I got in a tiff and she hit me right on the bridge of my nose and broke them right in half! When I went back to the doc, he said I didn't need them anymore, now isn't THAT funny? lol

Thelma: Loved your quilts and that's a MINI shi tzhu? here i thought it was a tiny cavalier king charles, so cute no matter what it is! i likey. :)
...and AMEN on your prayer, couldn't have said it better myself. Love that columbine (right?) wall hanging too. :)

Susan (Or): I agree with you totally about winter. It's been to much like spring around here also and we're being spoiled with warmth and rain. I'm very SOLAR. If I get enough sun, I can conquer the world, but give me to many dark days and I can't even function! Have had a sore throat the last few days, so don't EVEN want to think about that. Been loading up on my vit.C's and echinachea.

Hugs & Squeezles to all!

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  4:01:41 PM  Show Profile
the purple quilt is a clamitis. I have three more in the set. I'm just trying to post pics. I have decided that it is hit and miss sometimes they stick and sometimes they don't

Here is a better picture of Lily Lou

Edited by - Thelma on Jan 12 2012 4:03:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  4:38:46 PM  Show Profile
Amen,

Thelma, What a beutiful prayer...Thankyou

debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  6:09:57 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I was so happy to see your squinting smiling faces as we unfolded to stand up as we exited the trunk at the airport in Rio. I thought someof us might be folded in half for a day or two but with the help of our sisters we all managed to stand up and look joyfully at the bright cloudless sky. It was with a great sigh of relief that no one was motion sickness on the way down. Not that we had time with Penny keeping us in stitches and Dianne telling tales. We were laughing so hard it is amazing that the airline stewards did not dump us out the emergency exit for creating so much extra turbulence.

I was surprised that so many of you took the packing situation so seriously and chose to wear your bikini's to travel in. Some of the patterns and prints are just stunnning. Patsy's bright pink with shasta daisies, Janiee's blue with butterflies and Judy's green with magnolia's were particularly fetching.

I appreciated Thelma bringing along some samples of her dried cinnamon apples, Ginny sneaking out of her house with the leftover pear pie and Patty bringing along some of her homemade pasta. Darlys' contribution of the lemonade from the lemons she grew at her house were puckering and delightful for the thirst quenching effect. Judith snuck in with some apricots from her garden as well.

Here at the hacienda we are settling in. No one seems to have chosen room mates most of us are still walking around with our mouths hanging open in sheer amazement at the wondrous accomodations and the beauty of the bay. The hacienda hosts have been fabulous. The chef does not see any difficulty in providing a gluten free diet for some of our members as any trouble at all. We will have a light meal of conch soup, salad made from local ingrediants which I have been told are not like those from America and fruit for dessert. Then we are free to wander the beach and settle in.

Sweet dreams friends,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  10:39:07 AM  Show Profile
The lemonade was "special" girlfriends ... it was reinforced with Grand Mariner Orange and a spot of vodka. That may have accounted for some of the ballyhoo. Although shooting spitballs at the flight attendant trying to express the rules of the air was probably less than ladylike. Ahhhh .... the air is wonderful and warm .... where's my beach towel. Ohhh! A pool boy!!!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  11:47:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey all….It is cold today…but sunny….I'm not complaining because God gave us such a wonderful day to share with others.

Patty, Do you still have snow today? It is pretty but makes it hard to get around sometimes. I pray Jake listens to you and that his leg gets better. Oh how did his GF like the quail last night…I love quail, don't you love to cook for people that aren't picky eaters? Makes it so much enjoyable to cook for them.….we had turkey potpies…I've never made a potpie before for some reason they have always scared me…well it turned out awesome….It is now on my list of things to make again…maybe next time I will use chicken. Thank you for being with me in my desire to quit smoking . Today is day 3 and going pretty good. I know the praying from both of us has helped. Thank you for the info on the journal too. I started my written list and journal yesterday and have such a peaceful feeling since I started it. It has also lead me to spend more quiet time with GOD.

Nancy, Your weathers sounds just like ours…I've wore glass since I was 10, I'm very near sighted…I wish I could have lasik…DH just started wearing reading glasses this year at the age of 61…he was so surprised when it happened…lol..You make me want to see that movie…I got to see if I can find it….Thank you for your support with my quit smoking…day 3 and counting…love ya too.

Janie, I love oatmeal on a cold winter day…DH likes his with raisins….I don't like cooked raisins…so I leave them out of mine…isn't it funny, when I was a kid, Momma used to make us eat oatmeal before school so as she said "we had something warm to stick to our ribs." Did care for it much then…I'm so glad you will be there to help me in RIO, let's go everywhere…I'm walking pretty good these days…just slower…I'm glad you reminded me of my camera too…so I'm finished packing…bikini, sunglasses, brush, toothbrush, book, camera and sunscreen…what else could I possible need? Lol…

Debra E. Glad you dropped in…hurry back…sorry about your leak….

Dianne ID, Dang, I thought I packed light…lol…now I don't feel so bad. I am glad you invited Martha…what better way to show her what a great group of ladies we are…Thank you for your prayers. I know one thing, I can always count on your all for the love and support during the bad times. I can't do that with people that call themselves my friends that I see. Love ya too

Susan, I agree with Dianne, Way to go living your dream. And welcome, just in case I forgot to say it before. After you have been here awhile you will feel like you have really met these ladies. I feel sometimes like they are my next door neighbors. Or even better my sister…Hey wait, they are my sisters…lol

Thelma, Thank you for that wonderful prayer, I can't speak for anyone else but you didn't offend me…I've also said a prayer on the board before. I appreciate seeing how you pray. And thank you so much for including me in there. I don't plan on eating much on our trip…want to be sure I will fit in my bikini the whole trip, since that is the only clothes I'm taking.

Martha, ohhhh you sneaking in a little early to the over 50 group huh? Well we are glad to have you even if you are still just a youngun….lol…The 24th was my Momma's BD and it is also my DH daughter's BD…so that is a great BD…

Patsy, I have heard before that if young children wear glasses early that sometimes their eyes will get stronger and maybe want need glasses anymore. I sure hope your sore throat goes away soon, Kumbocha helps….really it does…

Holly, I just got out of the trunk….but wasn't a bad trip. Oh you forget to tell about my suit…now you going to make me post this pic…lol….

Oh conch soup and salad…what a great meal….I was wondering while, I'm already having an amazing time on the beach, come on ya'll…and I thought I was going to be the slow one.

Darlys, that is the best lemonade I've EVER had…no wonder I'm moving a little better…lol…

Ok, I don't care who bunks with who (or is it whom?)…because I don't plan of sleeping much….so as far as I'm concerned we can stay all together and gossip all night and party or eat or whatever all day…ok I guess I do need at least 4 hours of sleep a night or at least a nap during the day…what about everyone else?

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Edited by - Acelady02 on Jan 13 2012 2:42:12 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page