Page: of 218

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  12:53:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I just received a RAOK postcard today from a Farmgirl. It is a New Year Prayer. All I know it is postmarked East Tx. I am so blessed by the thought and more so by the actual prayer. I hope to frame it so I can keep it on my desk or add a piece of yarn to the top and place it on the stand where I keep my tags. I am going to retype it here because I think it is worth sharing.

New Year Prayer

God grant us this year a wider view,
So we see other's faults through the eyes of You.
Teach us to judge not with hasty tongue,
Neither the adult...nor the young.

Give us patience and grace to endure
And a stronger faith so we feel secure.
Instead of remembering, help us forget
The irritations that caused us to fret.

Freely forgiving for some offense
And finding each day a rich recompense.
In offering a friendly, helping hand
And trying in all ways to understand;

That all of us whoever we are...
Are trying to reach an unreachable star.
For the great and small...the good and bad,
The young and old...the sad and glad

Are asking today; Is life worth living?
The answer is only in, loving and giving.
For only Love can make man kind
And Kindness of Heart brings Peace of Mind.

By giving love, we can start this year
To lift the clouds of hate and fear.

Helen Steiner Rice

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Edited by - Acelady02 on Jan 13 2012 12:55:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  1:47:48 PM  Show Profile
Thelma and Penny ... thank you both for sharing the prayers.

Hey, Martha - don't blame you at all for slipping in 'cause this forum is the kickiest ... most fun ... and most huggy. You just have patience and you'll be 50 soon enough, gf, and - meanwhile - we'll love you up.

Penny! You will never - I repeat - never - see a picture of me in a bikini. You try to take one, gf, and your camera will self destruct! Showing off that bunny-body on the beach is beyond fair. We will have to pack a few pounds on you, honey. However, I am glad you were able to bring yourself to cover up a tiny bit (unlike your risque behavior in Maui).

By the way ... you are high on my prayer list. Continue to heal and ... I am so proud of you for quitting smoking! Whata gal!

Holly, I'm already having a great time. Pass the sunscreen, please. I may just do my snoozing on this beach lounge chair. Time to turn or you will burn!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  4:29:02 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

The day at the beach was wonderful. I hear back home the weather is far less desirable. Snow, hail, rain and more snow. tomorrow is supposed to be below and above zero with a gorgeous clear sky. I am sure it will not be as blue as it is here in Rio.

Even with the long day of travel yesterday many of us were up bright and early. Penny was out on the beach in her bikini at dawn walking in the water exercising that sore ankle. Nancy was being led around through the shallows so she would not fall and hurt herself some more. Both of them were the first to spot the cabana boys bringing out the beach chairs. The sounds that came out of their mouths expressing their appreciation of the fine sights caused the cabana boys to blush deep shades of red. there was no need to speak Potuguese or Spanish to get their point across.

Hearing all the ruckus on the beach Betty, Linda, Judith and Claudia tore themselves away from their perusal of the list of nude beaches in the area and decided there were ample sites right where they were sitting. Like a clock their chairs turned and down they each sat to enjoy the view..... of the harbor.

Power walkers Brenda, Deb, Judith and Bunny arrived back at the hacienda several hours later chatting and gesturing with enthusiasm about the wonderful sales on native crafts and merchandise. How much would the trunk hold on the return trip and what is the exchange rate between dollars and Brazilian money anyway?

Marianne, Susan, Judy and Chris glided in from their sail across the bay. All of them had great suntan beginnings from their extended time on the water. They were giddy with the telling of losing their bikinis when diving off the stern of the boat to cool off. Luckily the water was clear enough that they could dive and retrieve the errant clothing and as true farmgirls they helped each other reattach before anything really embarrassing could happen.

The host offered to teach some of us how to climb up and rapelle down the rock face behind the hacienda. the host said it is a small climb of 78 meters. Darlys, Kathleen, Patty and Marlene could hardly contain their excitement at the prospect of dangling high above the rainforest floor in their bikinis. The host assured them there would be no sudden falls and everything they owned would be harnessed into place.

Janiee, Ginny, Dianne, Thelma, Glenda and Patsy took off on the motor scooters that were available at the hacienda. They were each cautioned to take it easy because while the helmet would protect their heads bikinis protected nothing if one were to wipe out on the sand. They took off hair flying in the breeze and laughing till their legs were wet..... from sweat of course.

By siesta time everyone was back trading tales and adventures. Exhausted and ready for an afternoon of sun bathing and shell collecting.

Tomorrow would be a bus trip to the local museum and everyone wanted to be rested and clean in their bikinis.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Jan 13 2012 5:04:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  8:21:36 PM  Show Profile

Mom/Ann at the beach

debra e shell hunting on the beach

It is good day when you can be at the beach. Listen to the ocean!!!

This was last year that my mom and I went to the beach. But I can pretend I am there with y'all now.
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  9:20:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Debra E. If that wasn't you with me today, who was it? Do you have a twin...and I was sure it was you....dang must have had to much lemonade...told Darlys it was good..love the pics....

Holly, my ankle feels so much better using the water to exercise it....and my oh my...let me tell ya about the Cabana boy you didn't see....come to think of it I better not....hehe *giggle* blushing....I got to find a towel now...guess I should have at least brought a wrap or t-shirt...huh...little cool with the wind blowing... I really want to check out the shops tomorrow...I need to buy at least a bottom wrap...bikini top will be fine as is...love showing off the belly button tattoo... ok, where are those girls at? The scooters are still missing...I bet they are off with my cabana boys....dang, ok, ok, I will share...Darlys, where are you hiding, I've been looking all over for you... DARLYS....yoooohoooo....DARLYS....has anyone seen her in the last couple of hours...anybody? ok...let me know if she shows up...think I need a nap....

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  05:56:37 AM  Show Profile
Good morning.

Thelma your prayer is so beautiful. Just the perfect prayer for all those who are feeling pain and sorrow.

Your little Lily is such a cutie. She is such a perfect size to carry around in one of those doggie tote bags. My DD had a little tiny poodle once that she wanted to take to her grandma's. We had to take the bus and she was afraid the bus driver would find out she was taking a dog on the bus. So she put the dog in a tote bag and put a shirt on top of her. As we boarded the bus the dog kept poking it head up out of the bag. DD kept pushing it down. When we got on the driver asked her what was in the bag and she told him it was just some clothes. So he says to her, "Okay, honey, as long as it doesn't bark."

Holly, this place is absolutely the best. How beautiful everything is. I am so glad we had snacks to eat. I was starving all bunched up in that trunk. I couldn't wait to get out. Thank goodness we were wearing our bikinis. And thank goodness we had that lemonade that Darlys made. What the heck did she put in that? Vodka and ?? Tasted so good!! I mean really good! Maybe that is why we were so happy.

Debra I am sorry to hear about your trouble with the leak.

Welcome Martha. I don't know if I welcomed you before but I will do it again. I was in a bit of a hurry the other day. I know you will love this place as much as I do. These are the most wonderful friends/sisters. I feel like I have known them for ages. We share so much of ourselves.

Janie, all this talk about oatmeal makes me hungry for it. It is so cold out this morning I think I will have to have some. I like raisins in mine and also cranberries or even just plain. It just seems to hit the spot on a cold day.

Penny, that's a really nice picture of you in your bikini at the beach. Be sure not to take any of me except if I have on my wrap around skirt on.
Keep up the good work and take one day at a time not smoking. That's today. You are doing well. You can be very proud of yourself.

I've been looking for Darlys all day. I can't find her either. I went looking for shells along the beach and found some sea glass which is quite pretty. I did see some cabana boys but they were busy and didn't answer when I called them. Guess they don't understand my Spanish. Well, they don't speak Spanish here anyway. Debra E I wish you were with us. I love the pictures. We are having a blast down here in Rio. There is so much to do. I want to make sure I get some time to go shopping like Brenda, Deb, Judith and Bunny. They got some wonderful things.
I wonder if I shoud try sailing? Naw, I would just lose my bikini and end up hurting myself. Don't think I will try that.

The museum sound like it will be lots of fun. It will be interesting to find out what Darlys has to say about where she has been today.

Time for a nap.

Hugs and squeezies

Nancy

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  06:06:30 AM  Show Profile
Holly what did you do? I noticed that while we were all busy I couldn't find you anywhere. I was looking for you later in the day. I had my shells and sea glass and was taking it back to the hacienda. I asked Judith, Bunny and they hadn't seen you. Were you riding the motor skooters?

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  09:28:32 AM  Show Profile
Hola! And I'm not going to tell you where I've been or what I've been doing! But I AM going to make another batch of the enhanced lemonade. "Miguel! I told you to stop that - eventually." Ooops!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  3:29:01 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Me! I was every where taking pictures. Trying to record every hilarious moment for posterity.

The museum was wonderful. On the way we stopped at a store the power walkers had passed by yesterday and purchased some lovely gathered skirts with loose tops. None of us wanted to rub too much material on the sunburns. It is amazing how burned skin can get when it has not been exposed to the sun for months even with 95 sunblock on. The shop was amazing. It had so many different styles and colors that none of us had to duplicate unless we wanted.

The museum was a living museum. We were each able to participate in classes of crafts from the area. There was pottery and clay sculpture, mask making, costuming, painting, weaving, ccoking, braiding, dollmaking, cloth dyeing, knot tying,glass mosaics and dancing.

I particularly enjoyed the mask making and learning to dye with natural materials. My hands are a lovely shade of blue but the instructor assured me that the dye would wear off by the time we went home. I now have a handkerchief in blues and oranges. Bright and cheery. the mask is too small to wear but will be attractive on the bathroom wall. It has long seaweed hair and bright shells for eyes and teeth. the earrings dangle down and chime when they are bumped.

I noticed that Nancy made good use of her sea glass in her mosaic class. It is lovely.

I saw Penny in the dancing group learning all of the fancy steps twisting and turning. Breathing deeply and not smoking at all.

Darlys must have been in the costuming group making something fetching to attract the cabana boys.

After dinner we enjoyed a lovely sunset over the bay.

Brazil is a deeply religious country so tomorrow in the morning we will have an opportunity to attend a worship service that I have been told brings the spirit of God into the room.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Jan 14 2012 3:36:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  3:45:44 PM  Show Profile
ok help me here. Are Deb and Debra two different people? I didn't want to leave anyone out. I hope no one is offended that I included them in the trip. Clothes are on now. Trying to use my imagination while sitting up here on a very cold hill finally surrounded by snow.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  5:53:05 PM  Show Profile
Hey Girls!

Yesterday, when I was on the scooter, I lost the rest of you because I'm rarely in a city this large. I'd have trouble walking around but you actually let me drive around!!! I eventually stumbled onto their botanical garden. Well, being a gardner I had to stop and check it out and while walking about I got hit on the head by a CAMBUCA! It was the size of a football! It's a native fruit of Rio, and is almost extinct other than in the botanical gardens. I didn't even get to try it. :( But if we can go back I think you would all LOVE IT!

Some very kind people took me to their nearby apartment and let me recuperate. While I was there they taught me this song from their Samba School:
Y-Jurerê mirim
Meu paraíso... Que maravilha!
Foi Deus quem fez assim
Com todo encanto... Essa magia
Entre contos e lendas
Quanta imaginaçăo
Celebrando a natureza
Rituais de gratidăo
Eu também sou carijó
E bendito o meu lugar
Rezei forte nesse chăo
Sai pra lá assombraçăo
Já peguei meu patuá

Its now stuck in my head, but I had no idea what it meant until I got back here and was able to look it up on Google. Here's the English version which doesn't make any sense to me!
Y-Mirim Jurerê
My paradise ... How wonderful!
It was God who did so
With all charm ... this spell
Among tales and legends
the imagination
Celebrating nature
Rituals of gratitude
I am also carijó
And blessed my place
I prayed that strong ground
Ease up cuz haunting
Just got my Amulet

I'm glad Holly took us to this museum today because I want a costume! But I want one covering my body, because I've only had about three Samba classes back home and don't look anything like these naked beauties! It makes me blush just looking at them! Penny will fit in, probably Debra too, but not me! So I picked out this one that covers me up. Tell me, is it too flashy? Gee, maybe I could just wear this and not have to hold onto that zipline, he he he.

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  5:58:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I saw this on FB today and thought it was cute so decided to share...it isn't true on my part but since it was about computers thought I would share...

Dear Tech Support,
Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend to Husband and noticed a distinct slowdown in overall system performance, particularly in the flower and jewelry applications, which operated flawlessly under Boyfriend.
In addition, Husband uninstalled many other valuable programmes, such as Romance and Personal Attention and then installed undesirable programs such as Rugby , Football, Sailing and Continuous TV. Conversation no longer runs, and Housecleaning simply crashes the system. I've tried running Nagging to fix these problems, but to no avail.
What can I do?
Signed, Desperate
.....................................................................................................
Dear Desperate,
First keep in mind, Boyfriend is an Entertainment Package, while Husband is an Operating System. Please enter the command: 'http: I Thought You Loved Me.html' and try to download Tears.
Don't forget to install the Guilt update. If that application works as designed, Husband should then automatically run the applications Jewelry and Flowers, but remember - overuse of the above application can cause Husband to default to Grumpy Silence, Garden Shed or Beer. Beer is a very bad program that will download the Snoring Loudly Beta.
Whatever you do, DO NOT install Mother-in-law (it runs a virus in the background that will eventually seize control of all your system resources). Also, do not attempt to reinstall the Boyfriend program. These are unsupported applications and will crash Husband.
In summary, Husband is a great system, but it does have limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly. It also tends to work better running one task at a time. You might consider buying additional software to improve memory and performance. We recommend Food and Hot Lingerie.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  6:09:43 PM  Show Profile
I thought you all might enjoy this story. It was done yesterday and is about my friends Frank and Katherine I told you all about. Frank is still with us, bless his heart, but by tomorrow probably won't be.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/185741/314/Ukulele-serenade-honors-dying-vet

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  8:08:44 PM  Show Profile
This was beutiful, Ginny! Thank you for sharing this. Life is about Love... (and friends, family, and music) Prayers for Frank and Katherine. Sincerley, Debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  8:40:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you for sharing the story about Frank and Katherine is was beautiful and you could see the love for Frank in Katherine's eyes. Dear Lord, please continue to watch over Frank and Katherine. Give her strength and peace and I pray that Franks journey to glory will also be peaceful. Watch over the other people in the VA hospital too. Thank you for Ginny for caring for this couple and sharing their story with us and thank you for all of the MJF girls and bless each of them and their families. In your Sweet and Precious name Lord, Amen

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  06:35:58 AM  Show Profile
So cute! Your friends are in my prayers.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  3:40:38 PM  Show Profile
Ginny, Thank you so much for sharing the news clip about Frank and Katherine. I feel as I know them now. They have continued on my prayer list. I lost a husband to cancer and know what she can go through when she is alone now and what she will go through after Frank as passed. She will need many more prayers.

I had a Farmgirl meeting on Friday evening and we all sat around sewing turbans for cancer patients. We broke our little party up at 9pm, as 2 of us had to work the next morning and 2 of us were getting up at 1:30 am to make a 6.5 hour drive to Kentucky for a Bountiful Basket distribution. That would be me and my sis-in-law. Are we crazy or what? It is the closest distribution and we wanted to check it out and see if it is something our area could benefit from. It definitely is something that I am sure would be welcomed in this area. But, not sure it would benefit me so much. It is alot of work for the volunteers. I shop for bargains and buy alot in bulk. I received 6 potatoes (not enough to last us 1 week , let alone 2.). The produce looked nice when it came in, but there are alot of young girls helping sort it and they "tossed" the produce into the baskets. My bananas came home bruised, as did my tomatoes and leaf lettuce. I treat my produce gently.
:(
I have been working on organizing my sewing room today. I WILL get it done this week. Fingers crossed. Better yet, can I ask for a prayer here? Because that is what it is going to take to get this sewing room cleaned....

Roast chicken and potatoes in the oven, with a corn and tomato casserole. Gosh, I am hungry tonight too!

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  4:00:45 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Ginny I think the costume you chose is fabulous. You could fly in it without the zip line. I am sure back in Machias it will be a hit. I am not sure how you will fit through the automated doors at the grocery store or the hardware store. I bet you will get a raise at work because of your professional attire.

We do have plans to go to to the botanical garden on Tuesday. On Monday we are to go to a sugar plantation to see its history and the process that is used to grow and process the sugar. On Wednesday we will go to the open air market for some power walking and shopping. Thursday will be a tour of the coastline with a biologist. Friday will be the canopy tour. Saturday will be cooking classes with native foods. Sunday will be church. Monday is zipline and Tuesday is traveling home.

The story for Frank and Katharine was wonderful. Life has a lot of lessons we need to learn and some are sure harder than others. I hope that Frank passes peacefully and without pain.

The service at the church in Rio was fabulous this morning. The enthusiasm of the farmgirls was palpable. We were the only light skinned people in the church. People gazed at us when we walked in and then gave us shy welcoming smiles. People moved over in the pews to make room for us. We were scattered throughout the congregation. I think some of us were nervous in the beginning to not sit as a group but the members of the church scooted us into their families and held our hands as the service progressed. Afterwards the people who spoke English translated for those who did not. We learned the history of the church and its neighborhood. We met the elders some of whom were older than our oldest members. We were all moved to be a part of the whole so easily and so freely.

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Jan 15 2012 4:42:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  4:49:55 PM  Show Profile
Hello,

This morning in the car at 7:15 the car thermometer was reading 22 below zero. The thermometer on the post outside in the garden said 10 below. Clear all day long and cold, cold,cold. I stayed in side and baked potato bread, made tomato sauce for the lasagna for supper and worked on my latch hook rug. Those are the interesting things. The not interesting chore was laundry.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  7:30:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Had to share this

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  03:11:50 AM  Show Profile
HI Girls!

Holly has been leading us on quite the adventure. It sure is fun to imagine and see where we are off to next.

I attended a Spa/Ladies get-together yesterday with a few friends. It was interesting all the different ideas people have to make you feel pampered and healthier. Some are a bit unusual, too!

Looks like we might finally get some snow ... either a lot or it will miss us. Funny how it goes sometimes.

One more day at home and then my dh is on the road again for work. Three states in four days this week. Hello frequent flier miles. The wear and tear on dh is a big price to pay, though. I miss him so when he is gone. Plus, all the responsibility is on my shoulders!!

Thanks for listening ...
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  05:23:46 AM  Show Profile
Hello,

It is still cold here in the mornings but the afternoons are much nicer.

The schedule is just wonderful and I am having so much fun. Holly I am so excited for next Monday... weeeeeeee! And the sugar plantations sounds interesting today. I hope they will give us a good tour. The botanical gardens will be nice also. What a great trip you have planned for us Holly. I just love it here in Rio. I want one of those costumes like Ginny has. And I like the shoes too!

Church was so nice. I sat with the most wonderful family. The children were so cute with their big brown eyes. One little girl kept holding my hand so tight. The mother spoke a little Enlish and asked me my name. She had 6 children. Her husband worked on one of the plantations.

Ginny thank you for sharing the news clip. It was a great story. I will continue to pray for Kathrine as she will need much support in the days that follow.

Maybe after the tour of the sugar plantation we can get a little time to sit on the beach a while.

Hugs,

Nancy #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  08:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Morning all...
Ginny do they have that in purple...ohhhhh how I would love one in purple...well maybe not such high heels with this ankle....I can wait to see you on that zip-line...I think you might be the fastest in that outfit...

Holly, I think this is such fun...thank you for including me in RIO...it is a beautiful place. I so enjoyed the dancing...just wait till I get home and show DH what I learned....Day 6 on not smoking....let's me dance all night.....this is a blast...so Holly I kind of like the blue on your hands...can we go back there...I want a purple color handkerchief.....I love the museum...I really would like to learn what plants they used to get all the bright colors....I can't believe they don't use dyes like us but get all theirs from plants....beautiful....so can we go repelling down that cliff we saw yesterday...I heard that it is fun...besides if Rachael Ray can do it I know we all can...lol...

Patty, I checked out the Bountiful Basket, the closest to me is only an hour away...you really had to travel a long way didn't you...I'm can't imagine what it was like to see those girls throw the produce around like that...hopefully the leader of the volunteers will see that and stop it.....Six potatoes suppose to be for 2 weeks? Wow...thank you for sharing this with us...

Marianne, The pampering sounds like fun...I really miss doing things like that with friends...that is why I am really loving this trip to RIO...what kind of work does your DH do? My DH and I spend 24/7 together and when one of us does have to be away for a day or too it seems like forever. I am sorry that he will be gone so much...just come by here and we will try and keep you company.

Nancy, I am glad you had a good family at church, me too...I had a grandmother in my family that will be 100 on her birthday and a woman that is pregnant ( due on Friday)..wouldn't that be something for that baby to be born on her birthday she said she had her daughter when she was 20 and her daughter had a daughter when she was 20 and so on...so that if the baby comes on her birthday it will be her great, great, great, great grand baby...I think that was right...anyway..she believes it's a girl....I swear that woman looked no older that 60....I wonder if the secret is in the water? If so I want to stay and drink the water and take some home....she invited all of us to her birthday party which is on the 20th...can we go?...she said there would be a lot of food and dancing...then I can show you all the new dance moves I've learned..*giggle*...oh Grandma said bikini's are welcome since the party will be on the beach...goody me...I don't want to have to wear a wrap around skirt over the top of my bikini like I did in church...Oh and I forgot to thank you Holly for that....good think I like short skirts...I was lucky that you are tall and I'm short...huh? Fit perfect as a strapless dress...Guess I should have packed a little more than just my bikini.... She also said for us NOT to bring presents, that it was bad luck when you turn 100...she said the only thing that is required on the 100th birthday was EVERYONE has to dance the birthday dance...now not sure what that is but should be fun...
Nancy it is cold here in the mornings too...but not to bad in the afternoon.

Ok everyone. today is day 6...day 6 not smoking...thanks for all your prayers...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Jan 17 2012 09:30:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  10:32:33 AM  Show Profile
Wow, I just got through about 8 pages of reading. I have been busy with homework. Had to get it done before Rio! Brought my computer for my online classes... then I met this really cute guy on the beach.... we have been site seeing and dancing and well, in case you guys thought I got lost somewhere. I'm back. I missed everyone. Love the costume! That's about right for me too. Oh to look like those skinny Rio dancers. My suntan is getting nice and dark! If I could just lose those extra pounds I could go native. NOT!

Thelma, I love your quilts and your cute little quilt tester. My kitties test out all my quilts before they are given away for quality control you know. I have 2 sewing machines so when one is at the doctor I'm not going through withdrawals.
My sewing room is a wreck. I have the leftovers from my quilt shop and my personal (rather large) stash. Plus two large (and I mean LARGE) baskets full of quilts. I design quilt patterns and was teaching this summer. My school work has gotten in the way of my sewing and getting my patterns written and pictures taken. I hope to sell them on patternspot.com.

I'm sorry to read about so many people dealing with major health issues. My prayers go out to all of you and your love ones.

Penny, good for you on not smoking! The weight thing is always a bummer. I think many new nonsmokers find eating a substituent for smoking. Maybe you can catch yourself before that happens. I'll keep good thoughts and prayers for you. You can do it!

I'm having a hard time remembering everyone's names! There are quite a few ladies on this forum. After reading 8 pages, I'm pooped.

Well, today is my play day. I got all my homework done and time to do what I want to do.... So later everyone!

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  10:40:39 AM  Show Profile
BTW, Susan, I love your blog! I have always wanted to live off the grid. However, being single, 54, and really poor right now, it just isn't in the stars. I hope to figure it out someday though. I look at tiny house plans and know I could easily live in 500 square feet. (I need my sewing space though). I live in The Dalles, OR. up on the Columbia River. Too bad you are so far away, I would love to visit and get inspired for the future! My hope is to save enough money to build a small house and my son to purchase the land. He can build the house as he has lots of building experience. His only weakness is plumbing. Maybe someday.

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page