janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  06:46:16 AM  Show Profile
oh, i had so much fun at grandma's that i slept late! am trying to make sure that i catch the group so i can zip line too. never have done that before so i am really looking forward to it. sad, our trip is winding down but love all the new friends i have made. was always a loner before and very shy and now......will be wearing my feathers on the zip line. my dh would be proud.
hugs
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  09:14:29 AM  Show Profile
OH NO ----- WHAT WAS I THINKING------- I'M GOING TO DIE-----------------DON'T LOOK DOWN --------DON'T LOOK DOWN --------DON'T LOOK DOWN ------ SCREAMING ---------SCREAMING LOUDER -------- SCREAMING EVEN LOUDER ------- SANTA TOLD ME NOT TO DO THIS-------------- SHOULD HAVE LISTENED -------SHOULD HAVE LISTENED ----------OH NO ---- WHAT WAS I THINKING ------- I HOPE MY WILL IS IN ORDER - ------- ------- I SEE THE BOTTOM - HELP ME STOP --- SOMEONE HELP ME STOP -------- HELP----HELP---- OH, I'M STILL ALIVE -------------------------------------------------- HEY THAT WAS FUN. I THINK I'LL GO BACK UP AND DO IT AGAIN. DID I YELL WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE? HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE. I JUST DID
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  3:56:42 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon
It has rainrd all weekend. No snow:(.
Now the sun is shinning. We are suppose to get rain for the next few days, so I am glad to see the sun.

Doreen welcome from Idaho. We are crazy fun group. Glad you could join us. I am with you on the living the way your heart truly wants to lve. You go girl.

Holly Love the pictures. Is that a barn you converted to a house? Way cool. And I don't mean the snow. LOL

Penny you learned on circular needles? Most people learn on the straight ones and then move to the cirsular ones. Size 4's are usually for socks or baby things. I did sweaters for my kids when they were liitle and used size 4 needles. It depends on what you are knitting and how fine you want the stitches.. Way to go teaching yourself to knit.

Thelma you are so funny. I don't think anyone had more fun on the zip line than you. Yes lets do it again! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Have a great day everyone. Thelma and I will be on the zip line again and again and Thelma did you see that guy?? Wow ! Did he just loose his shorts? Don't look Daryls.

Diannne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  4:50:08 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

WOW! The zip line was fantastic. I bet it took twenty years off my life. Do you think if I did it enough I would be back to being thirty? Now, do I want to be thirty? It was sort of tumultuous time in my life. Maybe if I could get up off the floor like I was thirty that would be enough.

I think the zipline operators were very surprised to see Ginny, Penny and Janiee in their wing outfits. The wings and feathers sure did flutter in a beautiful eye catching way. Did anyone else see the monkeys all run away when they heard? Thelma whooping it up ? The long steep run sure did stop my heart. Looking at the automated pictures from that run I was impressed with how flexible our facial features still are.

Back in the trunk tomorrow for the ride home. I do hope that the people we return to have learned to appreciate all of us while we have been away.

The temperatures at home here have risen into the low thirties. It has been raining off and on all day. the roads have an invisile sheen of ice on them. The road crews are out sanding away. Talie's basketball game was cancelled for this evening. He was very disappointed.

Only 7 or 8 weeks to raise quail to eat. Do you allow some to lay eggs to make up your 300 birds? I forget do you do them in yourselves? by hand? or do you have a plucker? I was looking into getting a plucker since the people we have been taking our chickens to are now charging $4 a bird to do in and saw a dry plucker at http://www.cornerstone-farm.com/ It would take almost four years to make back the cost. A dry plucker would save time and not require the need of a scalder. Something to think about.

I like to knit on size 6 and eights. Making socks are my favorite they go quickly. I use four needles for them. Sweaters are too much for me right now. I do not like to lose the stitches when a child pulls out the needles. There are several people around who raise sheep and then send out the wool to be spun. The colors are fantastic. I am dreaming of the time when I can again knit something that takes brain power to follow the pattern. Now I crochet in acrylic or cotton.

I went to make potato bread this weekend and found I did not have any mashed potatoes. so, I put in the leftover white rice from the Chinese food. Talie who is a picky eater and does not eat rice asked what was in the bread before he had some for breakfast. I told him all of the ingrediants except the rice. He told me the bread was really good. Maybe this is a way to sneak in things that are good for him. lol

Sweet dreams everyone,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  6:20:27 PM  Show Profile
OK.....I have a funny story for you! Mama asked me if I was bucking for FGOTM again! I said, "No,
but I know these Gals will appreciate a funny story and these things only seem to happen to me!" LOL
So without further ado...here goes!
DH and I went out this evening to Goodwill, Big Lots and Tractor supply for some supplies. First,
when I was getting dressed to go out, I decided to wear an old pair of T-strap black leather Echoes(shoes)
that I use to wear when I worked in Pharmacy. Nice, comfy earth-shoes. I haven't worn them in a long time.
Anyhoo....I noticed the soles were sticking to the kitchen & bathroom linoleum floor, but thought I must
have stepped in something and thought no more of it. I needed to hurry, DH was ready to go.
We go thru Goodwill, nothing much there, but my shoes were still sticking to the floor. So we go next
to Big Lots to look for an area rug to cut up because DH decided that Rascal(cat)needed a little hut/scratching
post and he wanted to make it. We finished ripping out our L-room carpet today and he was going to use parts of
it to make it but decided that it was too old and thread-bare and we'd just buy a cheap area rug at a discount
store.So when we get out of the car at Big Lots and walk into the store, I noticed that my right, big toe was wet
and cold. I thought "Great", I've sprung a hole in my old shoes at a side seam near the sole. But I had new soles
put on right before I retired and they aren't THAT old.We had 50's and rain off and on all day, so we had
puddles everywhere. We walk into the store and I pick up my foot and look at my sole, just out of curiosity,
and there is a half-dollar size hole at my big toe!~WHAT!~ What's going on here. I told DH, "I have a hole
in the sole of my shoe." We got our rug and left and went to Tractor Supply and as we were walking around I glanced
down at my feet and OMGosh....my shoe-soles were disentigrating....right before my eyes! I kid you not!!!
I say to Hubby, "LOOK!!!!!!!" (actually,more like a shriek...."LOOK") Poor guy, it wasn't HIS fault! They were MY shoes!
Stupid shoes! We get our cat food and bird seed and are walking toward the front to the check-out and I look down
again, and there are pieces of my soles all over the floor behind me! HONEST!!! You know how it looks when you step
in a pile of "doggy-doo" and it squishes out around your shoe.....ya.....that's what my soles were doing!!! It was
a TOTAL MELT-DOWN!!!! I have never seen anything like it! EVER!!! As we walk up the aisle,DH decides he wants to look
at different bags of bird-seed, and I shriek again and practically shove him, and say, "Let's GO!!!! There were pieces
of me Everywhere! There was a man behind me in the check-out and I'm sure he was just staring at my feet!!! LOL I felt it!
When we finally got to the car Dh says,"I wonder if Thompson's, our neighborhood diner, had ham'n bean soup tonight.
Again I shriek,"WE are NOT going anywhere else, we are going home and eat left-overs!" All I could think of was getting those
awful shoes off and into the trash and get my warm,dry socks&slippers on! DH says, "You and I are the only ones that know that
Your shoes are falling apart, and I'M NOT telling anyone!" hahaha Poor man!!
By the time we got home and I took my shoes off, the back half of the one sole was completely gone plus the hole in the toe,
and the other shoe was starting!
Hubby said that the poor floor crew at the store will be wondering what's all over their floor when they clean tonight!
....So....that's my day!
How was yours?
*giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  7:17:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Judy!!! Too funny!!!! I remember a shoe store here when I was a teen that had shoes with cardboard soles!!!!! Hope your feet are warm and toasty now.
Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  05:25:57 AM  Show Profile
LOL Judy that is so funny.... I can just see you walking around with your DH, like mine, completely with his mind on eating or whatever, with your toe sticking out and your shoes falling off. So funny. I would have loved to be there when those fellows were cleaning up at the store.

I have never been so terrified as I was on that line yesterday. I lost a banana off my Carmen Miranda hat and did you hear that blood curling scream coming from my lips. You know the lips on that face that looked like a tomato with a fruit hat on it? That was me. I survived though I don't know how and now I can say I did it. I forgot to say "wee" and thank God I didn't pee. After it was over I must say it was rather fun. Oh, sure that's easy to say now.

Rio has been so wonderful.

Got to get moving today. I will try to pop in later.

Hugs,

Nancy

We carry the seeds of happiness wherever we go. Sow them generously and cherish all that grows around you.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  06:52:47 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh Judy, Your story is just too funny. I would have bought a new pair right then and there! giggle - giggle - giggle! I hope I can never top that experience. One time I went to work with one navy and one black shoe - one of them was a closed back and the other a sling back. The teachers noticed right away. I'll never live that one down. From now on I will think of you as 'Judy no soles'

Ok is any one out there trying to shed a few pounds? A year ago I had 40 pounds off and now I have gained 10 of them back. I refuse to go back to weight watchers. I just can't follow that plan any longer and now I understand they tweeked the program again. Has anyone tried the 2 week special K diet? I know that once I get started on a wellness plan I will start losing again, but I need to push myself, NO, kick myself into action. Anyone want to take this journey with me?

Do you gals wear aprons? I finished a half apron yesterday. I think I would prefer a full apron, as they cover up more of my eating sins. I am now working on that darn pheasant quilt. I am keeping it very simple. I still want time this winter to make myself a few things before spring yard and garden work begins.

Holly, I want to thank you for getting our Rio trip together. Even though I had to miss part of it, I did enjoy traveling with a trunk full of awesome women. What is your next house project going to be?

It is time for coffee and Martha Stewart. Maybe she will do a Valentine craft today. Behave ay-all
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  10:46:48 AM  Show Profile
I have to have a mani-pedi before we depart. The sand on the beach (digging my toes in) totally took off the polish from the pedicure I got when we first arrived. And my manicure needs a redo.

I totally enjoyed Grandma's party, too. But I was sitting, enjoying tropical fizzies and watching all you young-uns throw your hips out.

The zip line was a rush! I couldn't even scream as I was afraid a bird (or something) would wind up in my mouth if I opened it. And I've had laryngitis from cheering the street performers, to boot. (That's why I've been so quiet.) I was right behind Thelma and she screamed loud and long enough for both of us! The speed and the views were incredible. Waaaaay scary and fun. No pee, either.

I have already shipped several boxes of goodies back home. Shawls, purses, fabric, 3 hats (one very colorful, wide brimmed one for Glenda as she loves hats and couldn't make this trip), slippers, sarongs, trinkets, the feathery museum outfit in hot pink and many more delights. Oh, and a couple of pool/cabana boys. Okay, Dianne, but just one! I'm exhausted - in a good way. I'll probably sleep all the way home ... but I've got a container of "special" lemonade at the ready. Dianne, put down that pea-shooter! You're going to get us a ride on the wing! Patty looks rested. But that smile is making me wonder what she's been up to. Nancy, did you get permission to bring that bird on board? Janiee, you are so tanned! Penny! The shame of it! You are trying to do the nude thing again. Put something ON, gf! Glad your foot is so much better. And we are so proud of you for not smoking and that tropical lotion you're wearing smells so good. Bunny, do you have some contraband tucked in your bikini top? Holly, you are amazing. Thank you for such a great trip!

Judy! You are too entertaining! Not as dramatic a story as yours - but, a couple of years ago, I had ski boots crumble on the slope at Telluride. I looked down and there was a scattering of purple plastic. I thought it looked like my boot color but I ignored it - at first. Down the slope, to the bottom, and a chunk fell off my boot. Well, I got myself to the lockers, changed, and brought the boots to a shop where you could buy equipment. I asked them if they would recycle them somehow. They said no - but that if I "forgot" them there - they would take care of them for me. Off I went and decided I was tired of skiing anyway. My skis have been in the garage ever since we got home from that trip. Chaleting is more like it now.

I'm off to Kaiser for an EKG and blood work.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  1:57:40 PM  Show Profile
oH, this has been a great vacation! I love the zipline and the shopping and grandma's party and shopping and lemonade and the shopping (do you see the trend here?) I do hope my furbabies recognize me since i am so tanned. dianne slipped me her pea shooter and i slipped it to Penny...we will see if we can catch her using it! hehehehehehehehe more lemonade please - its a shame the airline music isn't more dancelike, i would love to dance some more although there is not a lot of space in here anymore, we could still shake it though, don't you think?
thanks for setting up the rio trip, i will always remember it!

hugs
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  3:58:12 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I am glad you all enjoyed the Rio trip. I am exhausted from my vacation. I look so much etter tahn all of the folks at home who do not have a tan.

I took my 17 yo to the hobby store today to buy a radio controlled airplane kit. We have the beginner's model for him to start with. We will need to return to the store for the motor and other pieces that are not included in the kit I guess because you can customize the plane to your personality. He had picked one out on line but the company called and said everything was backordered. Jarrett read the customer comments and they all talked about the long wait time for delivery so maybe that is what the issue is. Jarrett is very excited to build this plane. He is very good at fixing and building things so it should fly when he is done.

Judy, too funny about your shoes. I wonder what happened at the repair shop that the shoes fell apart. You know when you drive along the highway adn see pieces of retread tires on the side of the road. I imagine that is what the store looked like after you left.

Forty degrees outside in the afternoon. Rained last night. All of the snow slid off the roof thunderously. It is startling if you are not expecting it. We still have snow covering the ground. It is enough for cross country skiiers but not enough for snow machining. the Vermont Association of Snow Travelers has not opened up any of their trails yet for travel.

We received out Stromberg's catalog for ordering chicks and game birds. Patty I can't imagine that you pay the prices in there for your birds. They want on average $90 for a breeding pair. They have quail as well. What kind do you eat? I thik there is someone here in Vermont that breed and sell quail. I think they were written up in the Farm Bureau magazine a few issues ago so they should not be hard to find.

Penny, still smoke free? I hope so. continued good luck.

Sweet Dreams everyone,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  6:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I promise, I didn't mean to loose my bikini again...honest...it just wasn't tied tight enough...dang Daryls and here I thought I got it back on before anyone noticed. I had the best time on this trip....the zip line was so fun....."PURE-- ADRENALINE" I can't believe I had to ship home 5 boxes...but that's the way it goes when you go shopping with Janie....lol...

Judy, I can't believe the things that happen to you...I too would love to see them cleaning that up tonight..

Today is day 14 of not smoking, doing really good....finding out that it is a habit to be going outside to smoke during commercial breaks....and while walking....so one more week that habit should be broken...since they say it takes 21 days to break a habit....thanks everyone for all the support on our trip...you ladies are the best...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  6:27:40 PM  Show Profile
Wow, what a busy day. Picked up my mama and went to the city to do a little grocery shopping. Then back to the farm and butchered some roosters. You should see my 72 year old mama wring their necks! She is amazing. We cooked them, cleaned them off the bone. Froze some of the chicken and broth for later use. Saved some to make tortellini tomorrow. It was a long day. Had to do evening chores after dark. :( Tomorrow will be another long day away from home. Hopefully, I can get moving around here early enough to get some things done before heading to my folks.

Judy- What a funny story. That had to be so embarrassing.

Darlys- Enjoy your pedicure. I am one of these that hate to touch feet, even my own. And no one better dare touch mine! Sometimes hubby will touch his feet against mine in bed and I can be sound asleep and will bolt up in bed and squeal. I hate for someone to touch my feet. I stepped on a needle and it broke off in my foot once. I ended up in the ER and made them wrap my foot up, leaving the area exposed to work on it. I ended up having to have surgery on it to remove it.

Holly- I could never, EVER pay those prices for my birds. I wish I could deliver some cheap ones to you...lol. You should try raising some Pharaoh quail... they are so wonderful tasting! And quick, ready to butcher in 6-8 weeks.

Penny- Still have you on my prayer list and hoping you are doing well on the smoke wagon. When I quit, it seemed like the first couple of weeks were pretty easy, but after 2 weeks I had some pretty rough times getting through.So, I will say some extra prayers for you.

Well, off to bed... only 8:30 and I am exhausted.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Jan 24 2012 6:29:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  7:27:37 PM  Show Profile
Glad everyone made it home safely from our fantastic adventure. I won't stash the trunk to deeply into the attic. I have a feeling we will be needing it again in the near future.

I went for a long walk this afternoon. I went out to check the snow to see if it was good for snowshoeing. It wasn't, so I just walked to the highway and back. It felt so good to be out, walking was awful - ice, snow, gravel, gravel covered with ice - I found myself in the ditch more than once. I came back exhausted but felt wonderful The fresh air really lifted my spirits.

This past summer my son was given some quail eggs for hatch and release. He and the kids raised them and they became pets so couldn't be released. The kids understood that they would become a food source for them instead of the wild animals. They were ok with that. On butchering day our 5 year old grandson came around the corner in time to see his dad wringing the quail's necks, but did not notice what was going on. He wanted to swing the birds like daddy. When the head came off in his hand he went screaming into his mother's arms. I just wish I would have been there to see the surprised look of horror on his face.

Tomorrow we are going to the stores. I am out of eggs, milk, flour, and chocolate. I would kill right now for a glass of milk. Funny how a person craves thisng they can not have. Isn't life grand.

Edited by - Thelma on Jan 24 2012 7:33:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  8:54:54 PM  Show Profile
hi everyone--been away for awhile. sounds like you all had a blast on the road trip! what fun!
holly--your house sounds phenomenal. i love that your hands have made it. my baby brother and i were talking once--if you had a zillion bucks, what kind of house would you buy. he wanted a big mansion with all the huge rooms and stuff. i said i would find the most gifted post and beam carpenter i could and have him build me a little bungalow with his own two hands. every day i would see the art and spirit of that person around me. all of our houses are the work of someone's hands--its wonderful that yours is your very own.
thelma--DH and i are on the weight loss wagon now with you. did you like weight watchers? we have never done it, but his work is going to do something in february where they can join for free or something and we were thinking about it. right now we are just watching calories and eating more carefully and exercising. we got the kettlebell system you see on tv in the middle of the night and are doing that. its a good workout and we are both--well to say it's enjoyable wouldn't be exactly true--but its a good workout you can do in a short period of time and its pretty aerobic without being high impact. had our second weigh in last friday--i was 3 pounds down and DH was 4. someone was talking about their foot touching phobia--i have a scale phobia. i can't stand to get on a scale and see the number--even if it's good, the act of doing it stresses me out terribly. so i climb aboard and DH records the number in a little book, along with his own, and just tells me if its up or down, and how much. its a bit odd--but it takes the stress away so i can do it. funny how we all have our little quirks. he does not like to do the kettlebells together--would rather be by himself ,so i stay away and fix supper while he works. i could care less--if there were 50 people in the room i would just swing away regardless. of course today was a bit weird--i had broken out a new cd--there are bonus ones you can do on the "in between" days and i decided to try the "back and chest" workout. i used just the 5 pound bell because it was a new tape and it was HARD. some kind of pushup you do holding the bell in between your hands that i could barely do, and a couple other movements that really had me sweating and working. so i am laying on the floor with a 5 pound weight suspended over my head by my very tired arms and shambles (dog) came over to investigate why i was moaning and groaning. she bent down and licked my sweaty face--which is something she almost never does. i laughed and told her she was a silly girl and she got all tickled with herself, flopped down on TOP of me and started rolling and wiggling all around in play. now she weighs almost 70 pounds. then dorijane, our other dog (about 55 pounds) came over and decided to join in, so i had about 120 pounds of dogs playing on top of me while i was trying to balance the 5 pound weight over my head and keep control of it. fortunately the dogs decided it was time to race through the house together, so they got off of me and went elsewhere. i did make it through 2 sets of the exercises and thought WHEW i was done, but the tape went on to a THIRD set. by that time i was covered with sweat and dog hair, so i called it a day and headed for the shower. next time--i will give the girls their kongs stuffed with peanut butter and biscuits so i can do the whole thing without any "assistance". chris
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  08:32:04 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning

Thelma I need to wear an apron more often. I just get busy and by the time I think about it I am already a mess. LOL
I like the half aprons when I remember to wear one. I tie them higher than my waist though. Kind of, well, under my boobs. So I need a long half apron.

Holly thank you for all the time you spent putting this vacation together. It was fun and a nice break from all that has been going on in my life. Thank You!
Well the trip home was restful as a lot of us were sleeping. I am glad we shipped a lot of stuf home. Could you imagine trying to get us, all our stuff, the cabana boy and the two pool boys in the trunk.

Penny Keep it up! I have you in my prayers every morning. How is your friend that had the baby? I have been praying for her and the baby.

Thelma the school were my DD works is haveing a contest. Who ever looses the most wieght wins the money. Everyone had to put in $10 to start and then pay $1 if they gain weight. They weigh in every week. I don't know how long it goes.

They are calling for rain today, so all of the lovly snow will be gone. :(

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  4:16:14 PM  Show Profile
Ah Darlys, that's all me in the bikini top. I've got a few boxes of wonderful finds to ship home myself. All that dipping and bending got me some great deals. The zip line, well, scared the you know what out of me. But I planned a head and visited the ladies room first. Unfortunately I sucked up a bug while I was screaming my head off. gack!

Judy, sooo funny about the shoes. I would have used the occasion to buy a new pair. Guess you'll be checking the soles on the next pair.

Nancy, so glad Sparky is at rest. Too bad she had to pass alone though.

Penny, you go girl! So happy for you and your nonsmoking efforts.

Thelma, I feel your pain with the weight thing. I lost 20 lbs 2 years ago and seem to be putting it on slowly. I found one way to jump start weight loss is to remove bread. It's amazing how one thing can make a difference. I would eat tortilla chips if I got really desperate. They were easier to deal with calorie wise. I do think about how many calories I eat every day. Good luck on figuring it out. I think everyone has their issues. My Xhusband once just stopped drinking beer. He lost 20 lbs in two months. I hated him for that. I have pretty much stopped drinking soda and do fast food only for a once in a while treat. French fries alone will kill you.

Well, I'm finished with my homework and am thinking about doing some crochet. I'm making a bunch of crochet flowers and attaching them to a knitted base for a purse. If I can get good at it, I would like to sell them on etsy. Here is one of my flowers I made last night.

Later everyone. One last night at the beach to watch the sunset.

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  4:26:26 PM  Show Profile
Go Penny...go Penny...Go Penny...GO!!! I'm doing a cheer for ya! LOL I'm proud of ya girl! You are still in my thoughts&Prayers!
I sure am enjoying the pics you all are posting! Thanks for sharing!
Well the weather is STILL a mystery. One day we had mid 40's, the next night we had a blizzard, the next day after the sun set we had high wind warnings with 50 MPH gusts and a thunderstorm that night. Now we are having mid 30's, some sun, some clouds. It's just such a crazy winter!
Well, off to Have tea and watch one of my British mysteries, "Rosemary&Thyme." I really like them. I saw the first season on Netflix, but had to get season 2&3 from our library!
*ta-ta*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  4:46:32 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Good luck to all of you who are trying to lose weight. I would like to caution those of you who are doing it with a man that the men drop the weight far more easily than women especially post menopausal women. I don't know why but they do.

Ah Thelma I like you. I bet if you could have had a movie camera on your grandson when the bird's head came off you would have. Then you probably would have saved the movie and shown it at his high school graduation party and his wedding.

Years ago when one of our sons was maybe 14 we took in a Brittany Spaniel who was about two years old. Brittany's love to carry birds. Beecher was too small to carry a chicken by her body so he tried to carry her by her neck. She had a full gullet and her neck skin ripped and the gullet came out. So, I picked up the bird and instructed the son to get the axe. He did and I layed the chicken's neck across the chopping block and told him to cut off her head. He swung and the axe glanced off her and he yelled hysterically, But I might kill it! I said that is the point. A quick death is her only option right now. The next swing he was successful.

How is the sister in law who is the twin to someone's husband doing with her cancer treatments? I think of her daily.

I would like to build a stone house. This summer I would like to practice stone building by putting the foundation under a greenhouse I have the timbers for. I have been thinking lately that it would be interesting to have the hole dug so I could put a root cellar under the greenhouse. I think I would only need a couple of feet of soil to grow the vegetables. I could have a ladder down under. My problem besides time and inexperience is that we have alot of ledge all around us and I am not sure I have enough open ground to accomodate a root cellar. I also donot know how I would put the roof on the root cellar so I could put the green house on top. Anyone have any ideas?

Patty, one of my sons lives in Jerseyville,IL. My sister lives in Columbia, MO. I am hoping that my sister comes to visit me this summer. I wonder if she would like to travel with some birds?

We still have covering of snow. It is very compact and shiny from the rain. The temperatures today were around 28'. Cloudy all day.

I hope you are all well.
Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  6:04:46 PM  Show Profile
Good evening... well, I didn't accomplish what I wanted today. Will be making tortellini tomorrow. I did make it up to the court house to give them my property taxes. UGH! I went through a metal detector and they looked through the x-ray of my purse and kinda squinted, turned the purse around and ran it through again. I offered to open it up... it is so full! They said no, and let me go on my way. By golly, when I got in my purse later, I found my paring knife...lol. I had stitched up a holder for it from a potholder and I stitched a ribbon so I can tie it up tight. No idea how it got through. Hubby had to go through it 3 times. They were aggravated at him because he would keep finding things in his jacket pockets...lol. But his new knees set it off anyway. From now on...no purse. I would put my money in my pocket.
Holly, What in the world brought your son to Jerseyville? It is fairly close to us and I go there often. I like to go to the Farm and Home Supply, and Hanson's Meats. I grew up in the little town next to Jerseyville, called Medora, Il. Columbia, Mo is traveling distance as well. If your sister is game to carry birds, I am game to send them your way...lol. Tell her if she doesn't wanna travel alone, to pick me up and I will come along...lol.

Judy- I am going to look up "Rosemary and Thyme" on Netflix. I googled it and it looks like something I would enjoy.

Bunny- Your crochet flower is beautiful. I so wish I could crochet. I could make a simple afghan, but nothing more than a single crochet.

Chris- I try to walk for exercise and use "Map my walk" app on my iphone. I lose belly fat fast when I get into a regular walking regime.

Thelma- I always wear an apron. I feel like when I am working in the house I need the pockets to carry my cell phone or to carry something left in one room, until I work my way into the room it belongs in. I wipe my hands on it as well. My father comes in the house and calls me "Aunt Helen"...apparently his Aunt Helen always wore an apron.

Isn't it funny how years ago our parents were so much older than us... Now as I have become older, my parents seem to be so much closer to my age. I have more gray hair than my mother. :(

Off to clean up my dinner dishes. Have a good evening.

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  12:07:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
OHHHHHHHHHHH thank you Judy for the cheer Today is day 16...[quote]Originally posted by herblady55

Go Penny...go Penny...Go Penny...GO!!! I'm doing a cheer for ya! LOL I'm proud of ya girl! You are still in my thoughts&Prayers!

All of you ladies are the best....

My friend that had the baby spent over a week in the hospital...she is struggling with her heart trouble...it is called Peripartum Cardiomyopath which is very serious....I pray that she will continue improving...so she will be around to raise this sweet little girl....thank you all for your prayers...

I have all of you in my prayers...and hope everyone is doing well...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  10:17:34 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, you asked about weight watchers. It is one of the best programs that you will find. Remember that the registratation is free, but you will still have to pay weekly dues. I paid by the month which was $40, but I understand that the price has gone up again. I attended without Darwin, but we did the program together. I really miss the social aspect of WW as I met many new friends there. Right now I just don't have it in me to continue their program. It works if you follow the rules, but if you don't you get into trouble very quickly. At me age I want to enjoy a piece of candy now and then, have an extra 8 oz glass of wine (4 oz why bother), or eat out now and then. I just got to the point that I was feeling quilty all the time. That is no way to live. In Nov. of 2010 the WW program was changed. Now I hear that it has been tweeked again. Every time they change something we have to buy new charts and points gadgets. Oh, I'l return again some day but for now I am counting calories and trying to get some exercise. Make sure you vary your exercise so that bordem doesn't side track you, and if it isn't fun don't do it. I don't have trouble with bread, for me it is sugar. Once I went for 45 days without sugar. I was so proud and I felt so good.

Holly, you are right, I would have taped him if I could have. I love teasing the grands. At Christmas he was waiting to open another gift, and was simply playing with a box while he waited. I took pictures and told him I wanted a special thank you note for the box. He is 5, and already has me figured out.

Patty, I think I am going to love wearing aprons. I like the idea of tying them high under the boobs. Mom always wore aprons. If someone drove into the yard, she would quick change to a clean one. I can still see her walking across the yard with eggs in her apron.

Good luck to you gals who are doing a great job of not smoking. I wish these teens, that think smoking is cool would listen to you gals. They haven't got a clue! Our youngest son chews. I was so mad when he admitted, as an adult, that his wrestling coach gave it to him to help cut weight. Because I taught with the jerk, my boys didn't tell me because they knew I would turn him in. I just wish that my son would quit, but he likes it. He is 16 years sober with the help of AA and his dear friends. I guess this way he is harming only himself and no one else.

Penny, best wishes to you friend and her little bundle of pink. what did they name her?

Best get going. I am going out for a long walk in the sunshine. Toodles
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  1:32:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh Patty, Rosemary&Thyme is a VERY enjoyable mystery show,great with a cup'o tea! Each episode is 1 1/2 hr long(no commercials...yeaaaa) I like a show where the gals are sturdy, aren't afraid to eat on set, and they always have dirty hands from all the landscaping they do!Keep in mind,it's a Brittish show! Love those myself!
Must be Farm-Girls, huh? *giggle* My kind of women!
You'll love it...honest!!!
Well, we are having rain today. It's been looking like 6PM alllll day. ugh! *yawn* Should have stayed in bed!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  2:29:58 PM  Show Profile
Ceejay,
Just said a prayer for you and Bramble. I hope all is well.

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

cranberryrose55
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Jan
San Jose California
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  2:55:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi you all,
Stumbled onto this thread, and Laughed so hard due to zipline rides Ahhhhh and disintegrating shoes! My oldest daughter and I like Amy Steward's, Wicked Plants: The Weed That Killed Lincoln's Mother and Other Botanical Atrocities, and the first episode of Rosemary and Thyme refers to a plant featured in this book. Friends who are not into plants liked the book and bought their own copies.
If you like mysteries,
once you start watching Rosemary and Thyme, you want to see them ALL, you can't just do one.

A servant is one who gets excited about making somebody else successful!
anonymous
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page