JustBeeingMJ
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Mary Jane
Port Orchard WA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  7:24:42 PM  Show Profile
I turned 50 in August but still feel like the freckle faced kid I was at 8! You are only as old as you feel!

Farm Girl #537

It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.
~Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  8:33:05 PM  Show Profile
Well, we are in for another round of bad weather. Rain and wind due tomorrow and by Friday we may see some snow since rain is at 90% and night lows are to be at 25. I have fruit trees in bud and roses leafing out. Hope it doesn't damage everything. I do more at 71 than I ever did before. I don't feel my age most days.
Go to Top of Page

Madgardener
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Janet
Oldsmar Fl
USA
77 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  1:17:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh yea!!!! Farmgirl of Phoenix Farm.. 58 years young.. Living my hobby farm dream..Where it is Earth Day everyday, not just April 22.
www.Phoenixfarm.biz

www.phoenixfarm.biz
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  4:56:16 PM  Show Profile
I imagine living in FL it would be earth day everyday. Good for you. Normally the high desert is that way but this year we've had strange weather. The storm is coming in. I just went out in all the wind and fed and watered the chickens and brought in eggs. There is snow on the mountains about 1000 feet above us and it is spitting rain. We might even get some flurries tonight but my best guess is Friday night and Saturday. I'd like to be in my 50's again but I'm afraid those years are long gone. I do well for 71 though and am very active so that's all that matters.
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  06:31:11 AM  Show Profile
I am 51 and did the math; I have lived over 18,000 days. That is a lot of days. Think of all those days that I don't even remember. I look forward to thousands more. Cathy

~Catherine~
Farmgirl 2428
Go to Top of Page

shampoo bar lady
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Kathleen
Pullman WA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  6:21:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi y'all, I'm new and over 50, 55 to be exact. I don't live on a farm, but have always wanted to and love visiting farms. Our house was at the edge of a farm growing wheat on the Palouse here in Eastern Washington. My sons always called the farmer who farmed the fields next to us, "our farmer." I've always wanted a goat, but have had to settle on raising a few bummer lambs for a friend who lives on a farm. I love natural things and started making handcrafted soaps and shampoo bars about 8 years ago and selling them at the Farmer's Market. Just last year we acquired property that has a huge garden and I had so much fun gardening. Look forward to meeting many of you!

pure & natural
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  6:52:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kathleen, Welcome. Isn't gardening fun? We live on 2 1/2 acres in the high desert in CA and we garden even though it is challenging due to the hot, dry and windy summers. The wind sucks out all of the moisture from the ground. I have chickens although I can have anything I want on the land. I also have a 15 year old German Shepherd and lots of canaries, parakeets and zebra finches in outside aviaries beside the chickens. I grow roses and bearded iris amongst the cactus. I look forward to chatting with you.
Go to Top of Page

Fannie
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

North Huntingdon PA
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2011 :  05:41:00 AM  Show Profile
HI! Over fifty here 52 for a while anyway. Children are grown, four wonderful grandchildren. A husband that helps do everything and anything. Lifes been great.

Fannie
Farm Girl #2746
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2011 :  08:15:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi Fannie, welcome. It's good to see someone on here. It's been very quiet on this post. Must be the bad weather keeping everyone busy. It's sunny here today after a storm on Friday night but it's only supposed to get up to 50 today. Brrrr!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2011 :  2:51:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi there Gals! Long time no see! I couldn't figure out why I wasn't hearing from my "Over 50" Buddies anymore. I thought ya'll fell in a snow-drift somewhere. Lo and behold....somewhere along the way I had been (unsubscribed) to this link. Geesh!!! No wonder yuns were so quiet. LOLOL I guess that is one of the "Perks" of being 56....ya can't remember how or why these things happen....AND....ya just get up, dust yerself off and get goin' again. LOL SO...what's new with ya'll. I see we have some new faces. GOOD!!! Welcome All! Good to have ya. We've had 50's the past couple of days but we still have about 8 inches of snow on the ground. It's got a layer of ice in the middle so it'll take awhile to melt, I'm afraid. We had 2 snowstorms with an ice storm somewhere in between. *sigh* We may see Spring before May. hahahahahaha I can't get warm though. Too damp out I think. Chilled to the bone! Gonna go make me a cup o' Chai!
Later Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2011 :  5:43:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi Judy, It has been quiet on this post. I hadn't been getting any posts and I thought something might be wrong but guerss it was just the winter blah's! Glad to have you back with us. We all need to meet for a hot cup of tea and talk girl talk.
Go to Top of Page

ftngrave
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

nancy
ravensdale washington
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  11:19:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi,
I am a new farmgirl who is 51 and live in Washington State. They consider our property a farm, even though I am a pathetic gardener due to frequent visits from wildlife, including a very naughty bear! I think my two daughters are secret farmgirls as they are proficient at all the arts and crafts that my mother was expert at and they are self taught! I look forward to becoming an official farmgirl soon and hope to earn some badges!
Go to Top of Page

Anna Mae
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Anna
Apopka FL
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  05:38:25 AM  Show Profile
Happy March 1st! You know what they say -
"If March comes in like a lion it'll leave like a lamb" -
so here's hoping that we're all getting nasty weather today!
Here in central Florida it's been raining all morning giving
us some much needed water. The oak trees are losing their
bountiful leaves while camellia, azalea and roses are blooming.

Anna Mae - Farmgirl #2453
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again? – Winnie the Pooh

Go to Top of Page

shampoo bar lady
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Kathleen
Pullman WA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  07:00:44 AM  Show Profile
Wow, March sure came in as a lion here. I look outside to over a foot of snow and its still coming!

pure & natural
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  07:56:22 AM  Show Profile
What lovely flowers. I have daffodils and that's about it. March came in like a lamb here. It's not yet 8 am and it's 32 outside but the sun is shining, no clouds and no w-i-n-d. We always spell it because if we don't we jinx it and it will come up. My plum tree is in bloom though and one flowering cherry tree is in bud.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  09:19:21 AM  Show Profile
Anna, thank you for the beautiful flowers because mine are all covered up with 2 feet of snow. As Kathleen said, March came in like a lion. Although Kathleen..I hear that you guys to the south of Spokane are really getting it. We have had the cold for (better than -15 the other day), but we have just had the snow flurries. Nancy...WELCOME!! Have been through Ravensdale and the Maple Valley area coming from around the Mt. Rainier area. There are some very neat ladies here. I haven't been very active lately, but most certainly have read the posts. Since I am Medicare age, I have been dickering with Humana, to make sure I am covered for my medicine, even though they are deducting it from my social security. It is soooo much fun, sitting on the phone waiting for a human being!!!

JUDY! I was worried about you as I saw the pictures of flooding in Ohio, and seeing the tornado devastation in KY and the midwest. Are you OK? Did you have any problems from this latest onslaught of weather? got your letter. Love you Lady.

Best check and see if I need to sit on the phone and punch the correct number to obtain the next robot! You all have a great day!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  09:42:10 AM  Show Profile
I have a daughter in Tenino, WA so I guess she's getting the bad weather.
Go to Top of Page

shampoo bar lady
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Kathleen
Pullman WA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  09:49:39 AM  Show Profile
The really heavy snow fell in a fairly small band and I guess Pullman was right in the middle of it. It looks like almost two feet out there now by our house. Two of my sons do snow removal and have been out there since 1 am and will be working for a long time yet. But that's okay, it is welcome income :)

pure & natural
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  11:55:23 AM  Show Profile
Yeah Kathleen. For us, it is good to have the snow pack. It may make it easier this summer. It is snowing now here, but is 38 degrees, so it hasn't changed our snow levels. Betty...I hear that there is a lot of rain on the coast. they have periodically closed Snoqualmie Pass...4 wheel or AWD needed or chains required. It is winter...but I just want to see all those pretty flowers again!

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  3:58:50 PM  Show Profile
Well hello again ladies! WOW! You all in WA. are really getting the snow, sounds like. Hi Claudia, You Dear Lady. Yes, we had an all night thunder storm that started at 9:30 Sunday evening and went until 7 AM Monday morning. I think it sat right on top of us because when it would lightening, it was only 4 seconds til the ~BOOM!. Scary stuff! Kinda early for this around these parts. The next day DH had to go out of town waaaaay out of his way because it was the only way out of town. The other 2 Rts. were flooded closed. One SUV had to be rescued by the fire dept. They tried to cross and started to drift away. *cold-chills* Guess they didn't realize how deep & swift it was. By evening it was all down though...Thank the Lord!
We had low 40's/sunny and breezy today. So much for coming in like a lion. Great! We're in for a thrashing at the end of the month now.
We made a "Grub-Run" today since the cupboards and fridge were bare. Haven't been to the store in awhile because of the snow & bone-brittle temps we've had. It was nice to spend the day out doing things with Hubby.
I'm packing up and going to AnnaMaes' for awhile. I wanna sniff those roses. I could smell them from here. So GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for sharing Girl! Well, time for tea and a good read. Have a great, relaxing evening girls. Love yuns!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  05:14:16 AM  Show Profile
I will be 50 on March 26th .. so excited to join the 50 club !
Tammyb

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

Flea Market Diva
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Kathy
Galt CA
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  08:47:07 AM  Show Profile
Well girls I will be making the century mark this April. What can I expect. :) LOL

Craft On Sisters :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  09:01:27 AM  Show Profile
Hello Tammy & Kathy! I can't really say that I felt any different when I hit 50. My eyes had already given out and my hair had already fallen out at around 45. LOL So now I wear reading glasses and have short hair. I use to be able to sit on my hair and it was thick. When I wore it up in a chignon, I had to braid it into 3 seperate braids and then start winding it around. My how time has changed things. *sigh* I do miss my hair. LOL

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  09:33:24 AM  Show Profile
I didn't know that Judy? Well, there are some perks to being over 50...at least there was for me. I was still young enough to do most things, but I had had experience in life that I felt more confident than I had as a younger woman. Maybe that is why I have heard that I wish I were younger, but knew what I know now. I also think I had finally learned to slow down and enjoy each day as a gift. So, welcome to the group. There are serious ladies, shy ones, a few nutz (Hi Judy...love you) and all talented. You might like to share what you like to do and what drew you to the farmgirls.

Go to Top of Page

shampoo bar lady
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Kathleen
Pullman WA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  09:57:52 AM  Show Profile
I agree Claudia, one has more confidence to be oneself and not have to conform to others expectations, only to conform to one's conscience as it is molded by the Lord and His Word. I don't have to try so hard to please others (in fear of displeasure), but rather to do good to others with a confidence in one's soul that this is what is right and pleasing to Him.

pure & natural
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page