Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  07:32:23 AM  Show Profile
Ginny, I'm so sorry you have had to go through this with your parents; I know exactly what you are going through. I'm in the same boat, only my brothers aren't stepping up to help; never have. I'm also with you on the Kaiser thing too; I have some nightmare stories of my own with them. Good luck getting them to approve your mom to see an outside doctor; they wouldn't do it for my son. That was years ago, so maybe they've changed. For your sake, I pray they have. I'm adding you and your parents to my prayer list. Try to get some rest, okay?

Hugs are coming your way... :)

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  08:04:31 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning

Lets see where did I leave off yesterday. Oh yea here I am starting page 194

Nancy I had to laugh at the together thing. I learned to spell it the same way and I still spell it that way. My spelling is bad really bad. I also work at a school. I am a Para-Ed at a high school.

Patty love the pics of the babies. Even the pigeon!LOL Poor thing looks naked.
I will keep your DD in my prayers. I hate the waiting part of tests. You wait to take the test then you wait to here the results. Praying for you and your DD

Penny I love the homemade soft prtzels. Yours made me hungry. I may have to make some today.

Glenda i would have been saying some special worgs by now!!

Judy Hope you all get well fast. I hate being sick.

Holly can I count all the time I have to walk from my classroom to the school office and back? I must make that trek atleast a dozen times a day. I am on one end and the office is on the other.

Marianne I second your need for aceptance. I to look for people I fit in with. Yes we are different but we all accept that and even enjoy the differances. We can experience a different life vertualy through what others share. Am I making any sense to anyone? I really have no one near that I fit with. Yet I can come here and share and be encouraged, loved, advised, and even strenthened by the time spent with all of you.

Thelma I am surprised you still subscribe to the paper! After all of that I think I would tell them forget it. Papers around here are having a hard time making so ours is almost always on the porch. They are always wraped in plastic when it is wet out. Your paper must be doing really well if they can be rude to their customers.

Well now that I have cought up to my last post i see that I posted it twice. Call me computer challenged!! LOL

Glenda I am so glad you finally got a Dr. with a brain! They seem to be few and far between. Praying for you.

Kathryn love to read your post please don't cut them short.. I only have one objection. "ladies" I don't think I fit that catagory. I have never been a lady. Farmgirl, tomboy, cowgirl, yes lady never. LOL

Ginny wow you mom has been through a lot. Do the words "Sue the pants off these people" sound good. Why do some Dr. think they can do or not do what ever they want? Prayers for you and your momma.

Glenda you crack me up. Selling them on QVC. ROFLOL!!

I need to get off this computer. I have a few things to do. Laundry, ick!
I need to trim my angora bunnies today. They have only been done a couple of times so they are not use to it yet. Fun Fun

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  09:13:08 AM  Show Profile
Well, Dianne, I do refer to myself as the "elegant tomboy". I sometimes tell a story about my daughter...when she was little she just loved those flouncy, frilly dresses; the problem was every single one of her frilly dresses had a big brown spot on the backside area. *giggle, giggle* I grew up with only brothers and in a neighborhood of only boys, so I became a better "boy" than the boys, so they would play with me. I do, however, like all the girlie things; lace and, to some degree, ruffles. I call my style "comfortable elegance"; a little shabby chic, (only I like to make old things look new) a little more Victorian, and even a tiny, tiny bit country. I like doing all the boy stuff too, though; building, digging, and working on the car (not that I can do much of that these days). My daughter goes nuts when we go in to Lowes with her husband; he and I would stand olgling all the tools...hahaha

Sister #3282

Edited by - Cooknnana on Feb 21 2012 09:17:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  09:32:21 AM  Show Profile
I need to get moving - that dentist is waiting grrrrrrrrrrr!

I don't think OUR Dotee Dolls need to be any given spacific size or shape. I made mine pear shaped because I have ample hips. I think when we think about size we need to keep postage costs in mind. Also with my ostyo arthritus (sp?) I tend to do better on bigger rather than smaller items. This will be a whatever trips your trigger project. giggle (if I have a tooth extracted will I weigh less? giggle) taa taa
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  09:40:50 AM  Show Profile
Some of those tooth roots do go deep; you could end up weighing less. I keep trying to get people to agree with me, when I get caught in a rainstorm, that I have melted some. *giggle* So, then, I can make my dottee look like a whale and I'd be ok? haha Bigger is better for my fingers and eyes, but small is better for the budget; what to choose... *giggle, giggle* Later!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  10:08:40 AM  Show Profile
Thelma, someone had the idea of the doll being sort of a self portrait? that would be fun. Mine would have to wear a hat. Judy's would have to have several pair of reading glasses. Patsy I meant Patty would have to be holding a bird of some sort. Penny would have to have an apron on and a giant pretzel in her hand. etc. Holly would have the biggest job, she would have to be surrounded by lots of children....... you get the idea
Dianne I would be very interested in hearing more about the angora bunnies. do you talk about them on one of the other threads? That would make a great blog--
Ginny, I hope you are having a better day and getting some rest, I can not quit thinking about what a nightmare you have been through.
Debra E - how are you today? How is your hubby? do they have any idea what kind of virus that was or how he could have contacted it? Or if anybody else in the area has had the same thing?

I went to see George Clooney in The Descendants this afternoon. It was okay but could have been better, and they all, including the little kid used the F word just in normal conversation, so be forewarned. to me its not quite as shocking to hear it from a mobster or gang member as it is out of the mouth of a sweet little girl Ugh

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 21 2012 6:06:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  6:03:28 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Last night I had a wonderful post all composed and just as I was signing off to copy it to post it my computer blew off. I did spout some of those nasty words. Today the place I posted did not have all of the words of wonder that I had created last night so here I am starting again.

I learned to spell through the memorize and spit it back on a spelling test routine. I was an average speller. I do not remember how I learned to read except it was with Dick and Jane and the Bobbsey twins. I do remember that my first grade teacher whom I was almost as tall as did not like that I could not recite the alphabet backwards looking at the letters over the chalk board. My oldest brother who was five years a head of me in school and whom I look like was a wonder child. His first grade teacher came down to our classroom for some reason and picked me out of the crowd to expound on the wonders of my brother. We moved to another town when I was going into third grade so I did not have that humiliation repeated. My sister who is four years a head of me had to live with it for a lot longer.

Debra I am glad you are back. I remember your post with you in the bikini and then poof you were gone. I hope your life and you and your dh health get back to normal.

Patty- I sure hope whatever is ailing your daughter is something minor. Her health situation sure is scary. The baby pigeon is so homely it is beautiful.

Glenda- How did you carve the gourd body to the doll? Do I need to go to your blog to find out? A gourd is only just so thick what needed carving? I am glad you have found a way to keep in touch with us. I sure have missed your posts and humor. Will you go home now between doctor's visits? Is your health situation stable enough? predictable enough?

I was cruising magazines at the grocery store last night and one had a picture of those styrofoam coolers on a picnic table with vegetables growing in them. I would think if you poked the drainage holes up six inches from the bottom that it would hold enough water so the plants would not dry out even in hot areas. They may be tall enough that you could sit in a chair and tend the plants without having to put them on a table at all.

Bunny I think the crocheted flowers are very pretty and cheery. I only know two stitches and do not know how to read patterns. If we had be better behaved in the steamer trunk on the way to and from rRio maybe I would have learned more stitches. lol

Judy I hope your mom is feeling better soon. Do you have meals on wheels in your area? We once found these tupperware or something like that containers with three compartments in them. We used to pack meals for a friend of ours who was single and thought m & ms with a diet coke was a balanced meal. Alls she had to do was pop it in the microwave. We always had leftovers so it was not a big deal for us.

Talie plays catcher and third base. Our baseball season starts in April with school ball until the end of May. Then Babe Ruth starts then Babe Ruth all stars goes until the middle of August. In September fall ball starts and ends the end of October but that is only on the weekends. Soccer's quarters and basketballs periods are finite periods of time. Baseball an inning can go a looooonnnngggg time. Luckily it gets too dark to see the ball and sometimes the score gets so lopsided that the game will call the mercy rule. I get a lot of crocheting done at baseball games and practices. Talie started to catch when he was about 7 years old. All of the other boys were afraid of the ball. He can pitch as well but so many of the boys like to do that that he gets more playing time because he catches.

I would like to be included in Thelma's old farm chick doll exchange. I am trying my hand at the Dotee's. It is hard to find time in my house to make things without being helped by my 4 yo.

Thelma I hope your sore does not spread. I hope the tooth fairy left you a nice present for your wise tooth. did you even get to bring it home. Around here they are considered hazardous waste and you just get a certificate to put under the pillow for the tooth fairy.

I am reading through the posts on page 195. We had a dog we adopted once who chased deer. Around here that is a big no no. Then she became too fat. Anyway, a man came and wanted cuttings of her hair for some special machine to put is some woman's garden to keep the deer from jumping the fence to eat her plants. I have never tried the hair. I use fence if the plant is important enough. Otherwise I just shrug and figure it is what is supposed to happen.

Ginny- I hope you and your parents and sibs can figure out what is best for them. It is bad enough to have to leave your home because of failing health but to have to leave because of stupidity from someone who is suppose to help must be terrifying.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  6:15:39 PM  Show Profile
Good evenig again,

I would like to address the virtual walk across the country. I spoke with Darlys and probaly used up all of her available energy yesterday on the phone. She would like to start in her neck of the woods after March 10th. she will have been cleared by her doctor to be allowed to move by then. She also has some AAA map books that we could use to plot our journey and the time to each destination.

I would like everyone to participate. Any movement is encouraged. Movement uses calories. I think my biggest contributor will be loading the washing machine. As the weather warms up I can use hanging out the washing.

I can'r remember what I wrote a couple of days ago so bear with me if I repeat myself. Stepping side to side or up and down or marching while watching TV is good movement. Sitting in a chair and swinging your arms is good movement. Keep track of your time.

As we get closer to our launch off date we will dream up more ways to make this successful. IN the mean time start taking pictures so you can post the scenery as we get closer to your necks of the woods.

Let's have fun doing this. Put in your two cents. Heaven only knows that my trains of thought are not always active since I talk to children all day and teenagers who grunt back.

Marianne, I think it was you who said her son might know enough computer stuff to help orchestrate this event.

hugs to all,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  6:20:58 PM  Show Profile
Hello again,

Could someone who has time look at this site that was just reccomendned to me and see if it is something as a group that will serve our purpose? http://fatsecret.com/fitness/

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  6:22:24 PM  Show Profile
Holly I didn't really carve the gourd, what I did is burn a design in it with a woodburning tool. However some artists do carve them all the way through for special effects. When I do get to go home I will start with it again and take pics along the way. I haven't figured out enough on the blog to put much in there except a few pics - I thought about trying to do a simple tutoral for people who want to do the dolls and need basic info to start--I am not an advanced doll maker, I just putter at it. I am on the computer so much these days because I am bored silly waiting around for these doctors. I have to go in again tomorrow morning. It is two and a half hours to my house and gas is high so I'm just staying at Eds until everything gets sorted out. Also it is only 3 hours from here to Houston where my brother is if I get a call and have to go there. My place will be grown up with weeds and the mice and rats will probably have taken over with all this rain we have had now. I can forget about a garden this year I'm afraid.
In my family for some reason we feel obligated to be funny.
I don't know if I am smart enough to figure out this virtual walking thingy you are cooking up but I will try. I posted some nice pics of my place in the spring on the little blog. I'm trying to figure out how to do a utube but.......not working yet.

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 21 2012 6:29:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  7:41:05 PM  Show Profile
Some pictures to entertain you in case you don't get all the way to Texas. Darlys you were wanting to do the earthgoogle, well here is my place when it looked good after some decent rain. Hopefully this spring will be the same. That pole in front is a flag pole but we didn't have a flag when the pic was taken. I'll try to do a few more, I'm telling you guys I am really bored.When we say "Hill Country" this is what we mean. It really is just hills, most of the year not green, but when it is spring time and the rains came, this is what we get. Even the ugly old prickly pear bloom these beautiful orange and yellow flowers.

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 21 2012 7:43:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  7:47:08 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Patty: nice pigeon pic.We used to raise pigeons and loved to see them flying back in to the coop after letting them go from a mile away.

Bunny: Neat flower! thanks for the website, it was very interesting. I didn't realize how big that flower was til I saw it on the website.

Penny: my hubby just remarked the other day that we should be thinking of putting up the greenhouse.I'm so ready to plant seed and see something grow. :)
I LOVE WORDS and word games, but not crosswords.

Thelma: How did you like that first photography class?
I just put a batch of sour dough starter on the kitchen sink to do it's thing for a few days til I can make bread. Nothing like homemade bread, no matter how ya slice it, eh? ;)
Paint the words PAPER BOX on your box. :):)

Darlys: Soooo good to see you posting again. I missed you. xoxo

Ginny: Ditto everything Glenda said! It's so infuriating to know these people (and there are more than we know) get away with stuff like this. Sure hope you find a safe place where they can be together.

Debra e: That was very scary what happened to your hubby.Just want you to know that you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Glenda: Love your spring pics. My FIL always says:
Spring has sprung
The grass is riz,
I wonder where the posies is?

Our flowers are in bud, but afraid to open, after all..it IS still winter....isn't it?

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  05:59:16 AM  Show Profile
Good morning..My oh my these pages seem to fly by quickly now. Everytime I get on the computer I have sooo many pages to read. LOL. I have been on this forum for almost 6 months, and many have been on longer. :) I started at page 63...and here I am 134 pages later...and to think I almost left the forum because of my busy life. Glad I stuck around. But life sure has not slowed down. I went to an auction last night. I love auctions! The only thing I bought was a thermometer for my compost. I am picking up my mom and taking her to the dentist today, then we are going out to pick up some FREE roosters from a fellow. I am taking them to my aunts later this week and butchering them for her. I am all about the "free" stuff! lol. Tomorrow is lunch with a friend that has terminal cancer. She recently found out she has cancer and has opted for no treatments. Her spirits are high and you would never know by her facebook page that she is facing death. She said she is not pulling out the pity card unless it is to her advantage... She argued with the Dish Network people yesterday and after keeping her on the phone for so long she said "I am dying of terminal cancer and I don't have time to spend on the phone with you people all day, I only have so much time left" She said they finally hurried up and settled it to her satisfaction. She is a wonderful lady and she told me that she is not afraid of death. I think she has God on her side. I feel like her, I am not afraid of dying... but Lord knows I have too much I wanna do first. I try to be very helpful and giving to those who need it and maybe God will let me live a long life if I am useful...lol.
We are still waiting to hear about my daughter... She told me if she gets a diagnoses of MS it won't change anything because she has had the symptoms a long while. She will just know what it is now and can deal with it. But I can tell she is worried. :(

Patsy- I plan on starting some seeds right away. I don't have a green house, but we built our quail coop with clear roofing and I created a place to start some seeds in there. The quail will be in cages in there, they won't fly free, so it was perfect.

Dianne- I am with you...Farmgirl, tomboy, cowgirl, though others have called me "the bird lady". And now that my last name is "Byrd", I am becoming "Mama Byrd" to some.

Kathryn- I am like a kid in the candy store at Harbor Freight. I love tools and all the gadgets. And I belong to their INSIDE TRACK CLUB so I get all the special deals. :) My hubby is far from a carpenter and does no repairs around the house. I do most all of them, though sometimes I need his muscle.

Glenda- It is good to know that I am not the only one who is offended by the F word. My husbands oldest son came home with his new GF this past weekend In every sentence she used the F word twice. at least. I wonder if she talks that way in front of her mother! Before they went out to see my parents, I heard him say to her, "You can't use the F word in front of Grandma". I wanted to scream...WHAT ABOUT ME!
I am not perfect, make me mad and watch me use some choice words, but not like some do these days. I love the pics of your place, and I would love to see you post basic intructions for the doll.

Thelma- I am so IN on the Dottee Doll exchange. I had to chuckle at the "Martha Stewart" remark. But, if anyone knows me by now, they know I am all about recycling or repurposing. I think the coffee can paper box is an excellent idea! And BTW, I will start collecting my coffee cans so you have plenty for your QVC sales.

Holly- I am up for the virtual walk across the country. I wonder how long it will take us... this could be months and months...lol. But it sounds fun.

Judy- DO you ever go to Millersburg or Berlin to visit the Amish area? My next trip to Columbus, I am planning a trip there. It will be after the eggs hatch. I usually go there a couple of times a year with an old friend from Mansfield. We would love for you to meet up with us there.

Penny- The pretzels look delicious. I have never attempted pretzels. Maybe I will have to try soon. :) Myabe on a rainy day. It seems like spring here and I am so busy outside right now.

I love my life...LIFE IS GOOD!

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  06:07:13 AM  Show Profile
Oh, and BTW, congrats Judy on your 2000 post! You go girl!

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  07:07:21 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Patty. I Love your positive, upbeat post---it just makes my day--what a fabulous attitude you have and sounds like your daughter inherited your indomitable spirit. (that might not be the right word but you know what I mean.)

And Patsy (I think I finally have Patty and Patsy straight) thanks for your post, it is always great to hear from you - that little rhyme you quoted is funny, a kid in my class used to say that and I had forgotten about it. thanks for the chuckle and have a wonderful day.

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 22 2012 07:10:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  08:39:18 AM  Show Profile
Good morning farm girlfriends! Is that better? lol

Patsy, My father used to say that little ditty too, how funny.

Patty, I used to belong to the "Handyman Club." *giggle* I wish I could still be in it; it was way cool! I, too, am all about "free stuff", if only I had more place to keep it until I figured out a use for it. hahaha Your friend has the right attitude, I'm not afraid of dying for myself, but I'm afraid for my kids if something ever happened to me. I think they'll be okay, but they don't and that's a little worrisome simply because it's what they think that'll get them through or not. Plus, like you, there's just too much I want to do first.

For those of you who don't know, I "work" for a homeopathic doctor, which is to say I help him keep his office running smoothly and he takes care of my physical well-being. I got into homeopathics because I could no longer stand all the meds I was taking, that weren't helping me, and all their side effects. I found him in the town my daughter lives in, so I went to see him, and the rest, as they say, is history. What he does for me goes way beyond what conventional doctors tried to do. I watched him "cure" my GD of her type of asthma in about 4 months worth of treatments. I watched him made person after person better with all kinds of ailments... The reason I'm telling you all this is because when he gives me some info that could help those I care about and those they care about, and so on, I want to pass it around... He has done that today, given me some info that would be beneficial, so I want to pass it along. I will send it only if you want it, though, okay? If you want it shoot me an email and I'll email it back you. It is one of the "strategy" for healing cancer plus many other things...

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  10:58:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone
Kathryn I know what you mean about olgling all the tools. My DH and I head for Home Depot and that is the first place we go. I am not handy with tools but I understand the need for them. Well his need for them and I respect that want, need, desire. LOL

Thelma I hope all goes well at the dentist.

Glenda I have only had Molly and Dolly a few months. They are still young but will be old enough to breed this spring if I want. They are sisters and both are a beautiful gray. The fur is long enough that I can sin it if I choose. Though with only 2 bunnies there is not a lot of fur. I got them so I could learn to spin in an economical way. Ok cheap way. They are cheaper to keep than sheep or goats. Spindal spinning is also cheaper to learn than buying a spinning wheel. I wanted to know if spinning was something I really wanted to do or just loved the idea of it. Before I spent all the money. I am leaning towards the wheel and carder and ....the list goes on!

Those are wonderful pics Glenda. I am sure we will get to Texas. There is a lot to see in this country. This walk will take a while.

That was the bell so I had better go.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  11:02:45 AM  Show Profile
Oh, so many pages to catch up on. I need to do a better job of checking in.

Ginny, not so cool about Kaiser and your parents. I have had Kaiser a time or two in my life and wasn't happy at all with the care. I can also relate to the surgery issues with your mom. They do the surgery for an elderly person and expect them to go home with no one to care for them and tell them all the things they can't do.
My mom has had 3 shoulder surgeries this year alone. Thankfully I live with her and was able to do everything for her. But she has had 7 surgeries in the last 3 years and I'm pretty sure she is now addicted to Vicodin.

Kathryn, I don't really have a pattern for the flower. I just looked at it and guessed. It would be a good exercise for me to figure it out. I'll see what I can do. It is a pretty big flower though. Too big for a book mark. If you go to the website you can see how big it is. I'm using cotton yarn which is thinner than what the blogger used on her flower. But it is still a decent size.

Glenda, Good for you for getting a decent doctor finally. I hope he does a good job as well.

Thelma, funny about your coffee can. Not so cool about the newspaper company. I think I would write them a bit of a letter. Newspaper companies are hurting these days with so much information available via internet. They need to treat their customers better.

I love the idea about the Dotee doll exchange but I don't have a lot of time to make a bunch of them. Let me know how the exchange will work. I think they are fun and would be a wonderful distraction from my school work!

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  12:13:46 PM  Show Profile
Dianne, my son-in-law and I will stand there talking about "torc, ppsi's, rpm's..., you get the picture; my daughter just walks off rolling her eyes and making her "disgusted" noises. *giggle* I haven't had a chance to use more than a drill/screw gun in recent years, though...too sad. ;)

Bunny, I don't mind the size...maybe they'll be harder to lose, huh? lol

Have you...uh...(I was going to say ladies again, haha)...handy-dandy farm girls heard the latest? I was looking at my favorite news sites earlier and now it would seem that the FBI has a "new" criteria for determining potential terrorists...anyone you stores or buys food in bulk...yes that's right. If we buy MJF's backpacking foods in bulk they can demand our information from MJ and come bang on our doors...Wow! If we can, freeze, and dry foods to put back for emergencies or because we don't want to eat that stuff you get from the grocery stores, the government could be putting you on a terrorist watch list. They are also sending out flyers to businesses to report on such potentially dangerous activity... Now I have seen too much!!

Sister #3282

Edited by - Cooknnana on Feb 22 2012 12:15:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  1:05:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, it's sunny/54/windy today, so I opened the windows and turned off the furnace trying to air the house out like my Great-Grandma use to do. Love the fresh air in the house after I close it up again! mmmmmmm.....nice!
Oh Thelma, you are so funny ...*dabs eyes*..."if I have a tooth extracted, will I weigh less?....*snork* funny, funny girl.
Holly, yes we have Meals on Wheels but my Mom doesn't want it!It's not tasty she says. I told her to season it like she wants it.
A tooth is Hazardous waste???? WHAAAAAAA.......?Patty, I've only been as far as Sugarcreek/Walnutcreek and Hubby has always driven. I don't enjoy driving like he does.
Hey, I didn't even notice that it was my 2000 post. WOW! Cool! hahaha
Well I'm out of here! Toodles!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  1:12:56 PM  Show Profile
Ok weather! Today we are supposed to get to about 77; yes, you read that right, 77! Tomorrow we have winter storm warnings...go figure!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  6:03:23 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

If a person buys a lot of animal feed or stops then the government wants to know why as well. They must ahve been in shock when we went from buying enough pig grain for 8 to nothing. Right up there with wanting me to put tracer chips in each of my animals. The government should see my freezers.

We woke this morning to a beautiful snow cover. Last night we received maybe three inches of new wet snow. It was gone by noon as the temperatures rose to well in the forties.

I do like seeing pictures of different parts of the country. Glenda they are wonderful pictures. I guess if you all live in parts of the country where you have intense heat in the summer you need to get the gardens in quick so they do not burn up. I guess your growing seasons could be short as well just different from our short.

We are ordering 25 heirloom roosters to raise up for soup birds. We have so much roasting chicken already in the freezers that we do not need to raise them this year. We will raise some turkeys and laying hens. We have never raised chicks from eggs. We do not have an incubator. The quail are intriguing so we shall see since quail do not seem to ship as chicks. maybe another year.

people used to advertise their two year old laying hens for free in the paper. Several years we picked up several dozen. I have not seen them advertised for free recently. I do have three roosters we were given by the neighbor in my back yard. They were all strutt and venom when they were in the stall but now that they are out back in the open yard they are very timid.

I would like to see how you have tatooed your doll body Glenda.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  05:55:49 AM  Show Profile

Bunny your flowers are so pretty. I went to your web site. I am going to buy some of your fabric. It is so pretty I just can't resist. I will be there today.

Patty How are the roosters doing? One of my neighbors had a rooster for a while when I was in CA. He finally had it butchered after the neighbors, including my family, kept complaining about the critter waking us up at the crack of dawn or earlier every morning. haha I would look out the window and there that bird sat atop the fence crowing nice and loud.
My DH and I were at the Harbor Freight yesterday. We spent about an hour there. He bought me a shoe brush box that cleans shoes and boots. Also a pair of ear protectors for when I run the vacuum and other loud machinery. I love that place too. My favorite things to look at are the wrenchs all lined up in their different sizes from very tiny to those great big ones. The store where we are at has so many interesting things to look at.
I will keep you DD in my prayers that she will hear soon about her diagnosis about the MS. It is the not knowing that adds to a lot of anxiousness. Once one knows it can be easier to deal with it. Hopefully, it wll not be MS.

Your pigeon picture is really nice. The bird looks so cute sitting there with its little eye closed.

Kathryn- We are of a like mind when it comes to medicine. I am so for holisitc medicine. I have been to 3 regular MDs here where I live and have been so dissatisfied. So I do not have a doctor. I would like to get off the meds I am taking. My DH and I found a holistic dr. about 45 minutes from here and we did make an appointment with him. We can't get in until April because he is so busy. I am very interested in any information you have to pass around to me. I will send you an email. This is one thing I am totally into. I think some drs. are too quick to give out drugs to solve the problems instead of going a more natural way. I am so tired of taking these drugs. I don't like the side effects.

Thelma- I didn't know they don't give people their pulled teeth anymore. I remember seeing people's pulled teeth in jars on a shelf. Oh well, I hope things go well for you at the dentist. I think the Dotees will be fun.
By the way, that newspaper has a lot of nerve being sarcastic with customers. You would think they would be over joyed to even have some now days with all the news on the other media out there. I still get phone calls from the paper I stopped asking me to start up. I tell them exactly why I won't take it anymore. If they can't even find the right house most of the time, why bother?

Holly- beware the government freezer police may come by and check on why you have so many roasting chickens in your freezer. haha! It is getting a little far fetched. Teeth are hazardist waste....stocking up on food means you are a terrorist....the kids can't have lemonade stands....what next.
Sounds like you are going to have some delicious soup from those roosters.

Glenda the pictures are pretty. Thanks for posting them. It's going to be fun seeing all the different places on the trip.

My continued prayers for all those in need.

Hugs girlfriends,

Nancy

#230l

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  07:16:38 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all my handy, dandy farm girl friends... So tired this morning; bad night...so please excuse any typos and what not.

Holly, all those yummy chickens; watch out for the FBI, you terrorist, you. *giggle* Do you butcher them yourself? I would love to keep chickens, but I would have to have someone else kill them. I could everything else, but I've never killed anything before; on purpose, that is. lol

Nancy, EXACTLY! I was taking so many prescription drugs, whose only job was to mask my symptoms, which they did not not do a very good job of in the first place, but they were also affecting me in a bad way, as well. I hated everything about them. The object of homeopathy is to find the cause, not just to mask the symptoms. It may take a while, but its so worth it to off all that junk. Homeopathic remedies are based on the concept of "like cures like", which means if you get a case of poison ivy you use that same plant, in a different potency, to cure your case of poison ivy. It's just too fascinating. The best part is they have no side effects and you can't overdose or become addicted to them.

Okay, Okay, I'll hop down from my homeopathic bandwagon, now. Sorry. :)

We are experiencing a cooling trend today, so we will not reach our 77 degrees from yesterday. I haven't heard anything more about the winter storm warning lately, so maybe that's out of the forecast.I hope, I hope. *fingers crossed*

Have a great day girlfriends!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  07:32:24 AM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies, Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers that you have given for hubby and me.
He is doing better. Still "swimmy" in the head and a little off balance. His reaction time is slower than normal so he is not driving yet. He said that if he could shake his head and shake all the cobwebs out he would feel better. When he is at home he does good for he is moving around the house and can hold on to things but it is different when you go out into the public. Walmart was overwhelming to him.
I had to take my mama to the dr. She showed me a rash on her lower back and 2 days later it was down her right cheek of her bottom and then down the front of her right thigh. It looked like she was burnt. Went to the dr and he said she had shingles. She is miserable with it. She is taking a anti-viral medication that is not agreeing with her. Poor thing...I feel so bad for her.
Today I am off work and I am so glad. I told Hubby and mama that they were not going anywhere,the both of them were having to stay at home so I do not have to worry about them. I want a peaceful day. So I am still in my jams and drinking coffee and it is already 10:30. I ain't doin nothin today. I am taking a break. The sun is out and I opened some of the windows for fresh air and I am about to have a GREAT day. I hope you all do the same.
Oh and Holly...That was not me in the bikini...It was Penny. I wish it was me. I don't look that good to put on a bikini. Ha! Ha!

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page