annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  05:27:06 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you a million times. You wonderful, lovely ladies have made my birthday so fantastic. I am so filled with your love. I received beautiful cards, tea, bookmarks, little writing cards,seeds, and many birthday wishes here. My DH took me to lunch where I got a tiny cake with a candle. I ate lots of ice cream, too. My DD called, then my two GDs in college called and finally my other GD called. Sadly, no word from my son. Finally my DH brings out my present. I was so curious. When I opened it I was so happy to find the light box I have been wanting for such a long time. With the light box I can trace things without holding them up to the window. What I was doing was taping the picture to the window and then tracing it onto cloth or another piece of paper.
What a great day I had. You ladies are so super. And I thank you again. I am so blessed to have you all in my life. I mean that sincerely. :)

Debra-thank you for the site about the Decorah eagle. I will watch that. We have bald eagles here and many other birds. I am interested in seeing that.

Penny-I am amazed at all the bread, rolls and prezels you are making everyday. You have a regular bakery going on there. Your kitchen must smell wonderful. mmmmm! Where's the butter and jam?

Today is the 29 of February and I read this morning that the extra day goes all the way back to the days of Julius Ceaser. I have only know one person who was born on Feb. 29 and that was a student at a school I taught at. He celebrated his 3rd birthday while in the 6th grade. The whole school celebrated that day with cake and ice cream. The PTA furnished it and the party was the last hour of school that day.

Dianne- I am praying for your husband. I do pray that you can get him to the doctor.

Glenda- I got on that Pinterest the other day and before I knew it an hour had gone by. I just kept looking and looking and pinning and pinning.

Bunny- A few of the women were anxious to find out about your store. I hope they will order some fabrics from you. I am going to use the one I purchased to make a quilt for my upstairs bedroom.

Hugs,

Nancy #2301

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  05:39:46 AM  Show Profile
Patty- you are so busy. Wish I had your energy. The bird picture is so pretty.

Just want to say Bunny, congrats on you good grade. You are doing so well. Even with the B, it is good and it can still turn into an A. You can be very proud of yourself. Keep up the good work.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  06:55:39 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, I didn't get my card in the mail for you until yesterday. I am still so far behind on mailing things out. I am so glad you had a happy birthday, you sure deserve one after all the nice things you do for everybody else. I spend way too much time on the computer, as y'all can see but I am in quite a bit of pain until I get this surgery done and am trying to stay off the pain meds, so I am wearing a hole in this couch just sitting. Patty please send me just 10% of your energy, girl...I don't even have that much. I really enjoy hearing about your projects and especially the pictures. Its been a few years since I've hatched chicks and had baby goats in cardboard boxes in the kitchen, but I remember how joyful it was. Judy thanks for posting the pics, I've never seen so much pretty stuff in one place. Love it. I would love to know how to make that bookmark. I tried to do some crochet with #10 thread and small hook but it was too tedious, maybe I will try it again with this magnifier I use to make the dolls. It goes over your head and you can really see fine detail with it. My mom loves to crochet but she only makes these starched doilies and I told her she should try other things but she doesn't want to try. at 89 she isn't interested in learning anything new. She sure does some beautiful work, but then she starches them and stretches them out on a board and makes them stiff, the old fashioned way, which I don't like. I like mine soft and drapey. Now that I've made the leap to blogging, I think I will set up an Etsy shop and try to sell some of her stuff, she could use the money --the only reason I haven't done it yet is all that packing, wrapping and standing in line at the Post Office, I just hate that part of it. Bunny I need to find out what you are doing about that, sounds like you've got it worked out in a more practical way. How do you buy the packaging materials, a little tiny box at the post office was over 2.00, and they said anything over 13 oz had to have the post office printed stamp on it. If you use their free boxes, its priority and min 5.95 to ship... another learning curve for this old gal.

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 29 2012 8:08:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  08:48:18 AM  Show Profile
Good morning GF's. Guess what happened to me last night...I lost my glasses! I had them on my face pulling into my driveway last night. It had just started raining and I took them off and put them in my bag, so they wouldn't get covered in water spots. By the time I got in my door and set my bag down they were gone. I emptied my bag and everything in it, tore the care apart, and even "crawled" through the grass in the dark! I did this several times last night and a couple times this morning; GONE! No where to be found. I'm borrowing a pair of the Doc's reading glasses just to function a little bit. How does that happen? I ask you. Ugh! If I don't find them...I can't get another pair... Okay, deep breath...

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  10:57:40 AM  Show Profile
Kathryn, Sorry about the glasses. hope you find them - soon.

Debra ... wow ... you have been off a while! I did have surgery. (I got a lot of attention here and it was so comforting.) I had a hysterectomy, bladder and wall fix, etc. That was 3 weeks ago and I have a couple of "atta-girls" on the farm. Glenda is facing some similar and some different surgeries. We've become fast friends but I have to say - she is suffering pre-ops much more than I did. Please keep her in prayer that she gets scheduled and soon. There's so much going on. And as for being sorry to have missed the big event ... girlfriend! you have had enough going on in your world - and we all wished we could have been bolstering you up and praying for you and your DH. Well, we are now.

Janiee & Patty ... I've got a thingy to lift jars out of the canner. It looked so practical. Now I have to get a canner, canning jars, canning cookbook or instructions - and something to can. Just in case I get inspired again. Sometimes it's all about the uniform.

Anyway, Janiee, I'll be looking over your shoulder at the Farmer's Market. I ride shotgun with Patty every time she goes ... I adore the street markets. I hope to get back out to another one soon. I have to take my "out walking by myself" in stages. My legs tend to get a little rubbery if I overdo it.

Patty, that chick pic is so cute!

Bunny, good going, gf! Your grades are stellar! Even "B" is above average. But, I know, I know ... "A" is the goddess of grades. I'm hoping you continue to get lots of orders for fabric. My stash is kinda loaded right now - but the itch will return and I'll be back. I'm waiting to see the flowers.

Holly, I told my GD about your pizza rolls. She decided she is going to make some this week.

Nancy, m'luv, glad you had such a wonderful birthday. I have a light box but, of course, it's in Oakhurst. I haven't used it yet as it seems there's so little time to "get into projects" when we are there.

I made a layered chicken casserole for dinner last night. Was on my feet a bit too long, slicing and dicing and sauteeing onions and mushrooms, chunk cutting chicken, defrosting broccolli and steaming rice in chicken broth before assembly. But it turned out good. Buttered panko on the top made a nice crunch. DH & DS got it on the table and handled kp - so I could veg. Watched Mon nite's Castle (recorded) and another (Netflix) episode of Rosemary and Thyme. Then, in bed, browsed the new Vermont Country Store catalog. Remember Tangee (changes color to complement your skin tone) lipstick from the dime store? Might have cost 39 cents, max. It's in the catalog for $14.95. sign of the times!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  11:46:01 AM  Show Profile
Well, I said the weather was going to be strange. I woke up to sunshine in my face... and it was snowing at the same time. Kinda cool. I have seen it rain with sunshine at the same time. Now it's just sunny on one side of the house and dark clouds on the other.

I'm so jazzed. My 20 year old younger son finally got his driving permit. He has put it off for so long. I tried to get him to drive when he was younger and he just wasn't interested. Now that he is older he is seeing the benefits of the freedom it gives him in looking for new jobs. He was working at a cabinet shop with his older brother but work has slowed down and they haven't called either one in.
On a sadder note I found out my xfather in law has some kind of growth in his brain and he is losing all his abilities. My son went to see him and said he was very frail and had problems remembering things. He did recognize Jesse and was very surprised and happy to see him. He is in his 80s and apparently the doctors say there isn't much they can do because of his age.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  11:49:43 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Darlys. I'm better now. lol I was in full distress mode this morning, though. They couldn't have spouted legs...they have to be somewhere I've already looked and just,somehow, overlooked them. I need another pair of eyes...haha, no pun intended.
The loners are giving me a small headache, but I'm grateful for the use of them; at least I can still do some things. It's amazing how we take our body parts for granted until they don't function right anymore. I think, from now on, I'm going to try to appreciate the functionality that I still have instead of what I don't have. Oh, I'm still going to continue to do what I can to improve the lack, but I have to stop swelling on it quite so much, I think.

The trees are already blooming here and the daffodil and the iris stalks are growing tall and some are actually flowering. It's just beautiful. We have these flowering pear trees that are quite popular here;they bloom out all in white blossoms and they are just gorgeous. They are just starting to get some little, tiny white flowers. When they are in full bloom I'll post a picture.

Holly: I just love homemade butter; it's just so much yummier than that margarine, plastic stuff (margarine is just one molecule off from being plastic-just another bit of store info-haha). I haven't been back 'home' in roughly 40 years, wow, does that make me feel rather odd to say. I recognize the name Amherst, but I can't remember the place itself. I've been wanting to make a trip back for many a year. One day,I just might make it. lol

Bunny: I've always put it on myself that I'm never satisfied with any grade less than an 'A', but is only for me. You, GF, are doing great! Woo-hoo! Yeah, that my GF; uh-huh, yeah, yeah, yeah. Ok, sorry, got carried away...again. Keep up the good work. ;D

Glenda: I just love, Love, LOVE you gypsy site! That doll...wow! Now, that's talent!

Patty: That little chick is absolutely adorable! I hope you got some rest last night...you do so much. I wish you would send me just a pinch of your energy; what I could do with that.

Nancy: I'm so excited for you and the wonderful birthday you had. You deserved a nice day for your special day. I'm glad you got that light box that you've been wanting. I do the window thing too, but the light box sounds, definitely easier. Have fun with your new toy. :D

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  11:54:31 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I'm so sorry, Bunny. I don't know what your relationship is with him, but it'll be a sad time for your son, which, even you don't have any kind of relationship with him, will make a sad time for you.

Hugs!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  12:47:14 PM  Show Profile
ok, i am back from work (hehehehe) would love to have you riding shotgun with me at the farmer's market, i have never been but my neighbors have and they love it. will have to keep walking to a minimum - would you believe i have bursitis in my right knee now? it has been bothering me for over a week and so i finally broke down and went to the doctor today and that's the verdict. great - at least it is in 3"s ( i have a thing for the number 3) bursitis in both elbows and one knee--can't let it slow me down! i have things to do!!! :)
anyway, hope everyone is doing ok and Nancy i am so jealous! a light box! what a great gift! i still have to tape my patterns to the glass door.
oops, boss is back! will talk to you all soon!
hugs
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  1:03:12 PM  Show Profile
Hey Darlys, that's one reason I love you so much---Tangee lipstick!!!!! that was the first makeup my mother would let me wear!! Boy, does that ever date us!! I think that catalog also has Midnight in Paris perfume, remember that? I probably have some old boyfriends still having nightmares about that perfume - I'm pretty sure I thought more was better back then. Speaking of catalogs, my favorites are Soft Surroundings and Pottery Barn. I wish I could call Pottery Barn and have them just come in and do my whole house.

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  1:22:34 PM  Show Profile
I just lost my entry and am out of time. I will just leave you with a little giggle and try again later. Darwin and I were married in August (1969) and that fall he decided we would go to his brother's farm and get a load of that fertalizer you all are talking about. Back then when you came into or left town everyone drove down main street (drag main). Well right in the middle of main we had a flat tire on the little trailer we were using. Dar jumped out and fixed it while I prayed it wouldn't tip over. Now I was the new teacher in town so when I went to school the next day staff and students alike asked me what that funny smell was on mainstreet. giggle Any way around here we dig manure into the ground in the fall and till it into the ground in the spring. Now thats real organic gardening! Taa taa
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  1:30:24 PM  Show Profile
Bunny- it must be a relief for you to have your son driving. I remember the freedom I always felt as the kids started driving! So sorry to hear you father in law's illness is so painful for your sons.

Darlys - Hope you continue gaining your energy post-surgery. Glad to hear you have half your recovery period under your belt. Surgery is NO fun. And unless you have gone through it, you just don't understand!

Glenda - So sorry to hear you are spending a lot of time on the sofa. That is my life, too. It really can be a bit depressing when you want nothing more than to DO something, but your body/energy/pain level says, "Nah." If you get to the end of the internet (haha) email me and we can compare sofa upholestry! I prolong taking pain meds by looking at the clock, thinking I will read, write, fold laundry, stretch, whatever for the next 15 minutes and then if I need to take medicine, I will. Sometimes, I forget about the meds and sometimes I look at the clock 15 times in that 15 minutes...no doubt I need the meds then!
marianne
Kathryn- Any luck finding your glasses? Does your purse have lining they might be stuck in?
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  2:12:41 PM  Show Profile
Kathryn, thanks, and Darlys, thanks for your post. Marianne, see, here I am, still (not again, but still) on the couch with my computer. I actually have a white sofa, and with me and furbabies practically living on it, I have it covered with towels. It will be like one of those cafe booth seats when you climb in and sit down and suddenly your butt goes all the way down to the bottom of the frame. (got that picture?)
I got caught in my pj's today, someone was knocking on my back door and hollering, dogs having a fit, here I sat on the couch in my jammies,(talking to Darlys on the phone) anyway it was someone I knew who had locked their keys in their vehicle down on the road.

I am getting ready to post a poem on my blog that has gotten me through many a hard time. I thought it might be inspirational to some of you gfs who also have had to get through some tough times by yourself.

I think when several of us are posting at once this thread goes haywire and some of the posts get lost.

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  2:50:26 PM  Show Profile
Glenda, Tangee was my first lipstick, too! And, Midnight in Paris was my fragrance du jour, as well! I remember thinking more was better. I wasn't content to be surrounded by the essence - I had to be able to smell it as well. And you know, that's when you almost pour it on! Could we have been BFFs back then, or what?!

Thelma -- no Evening in Paris on Main Street! Oooooo. That was baaad.

Bunny! Just got my fabric pkg and, oh please, that batik blue/green apple fabric bit that you included? -- tell me you have about 4 yards more of it that you will let me order. It is lush! And thank you so much for the goodies you tucked in.

Janiee, we can hold each other up - staggering around the markets! Now that would be sight!

There you go, Kathryn - look on the up side. It's nicer there.

Thanks, Marianne. And, I'm with you and Glenda on the couch (sometimes watching the clock just as you said).

DS is home from school and has put on Beethoven's 9th for me. I'm going to just relax for a bit and check in on y'all later.

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Feb 29 2012 2:59:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  3:01:09 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I do not know how to use the notebook that some of the gfs use to type the note and then post it on the board so I have started using the email form then I can switch back and forth between typing and reading. Then I copy an post so if the post evaporates I am less likely to be left using the bad words in frustration.

Kathryn if you stop looking for the glasses they will probably appear. something about one side of the brain not being able to see it if the other side is over occupied.

Too funny about the manure in the middle of main street. Glad it did not tip over. It would not have been amusing for the new young teacher to be seen shovelling the stuff back on to the trailer in her pretty dress.

We are anticipating between 8 and 15 inches of snow tonight. We have had more snow in the last week than we have had all winter. It well make the sugaring season longer and that is good for all the maple sugar makers. But do not even imagine that the price will go down because if rarely ever does. We have a new sugaring arch this year so maybe we will make some nice sweetener for our pancakes. I will put up pictures when it is steaming away.

have a good evening,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  3:37:23 PM  Show Profile
No Friends, I have not found my glasses, yet,but I am confident that I will. I may have to get down on my hands and knees and a pair of scissors to cut the weed patch down around my house; they could very well be there...:/

Oh, yes, please, Holly, pictures of sugaring time would actually bring some really good memories... I was always excited to go to Vermont during that time of year. My brothers and I got to help a couple times, it was great fun.

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  5:04:16 PM  Show Profile
Darlys now I'm thinking was it midnight in paris or evening in paris? one or the other. yes, i'm pretty sure we knew each other in a past life, that's the only way to explain the connection, which reminds me of another thing I want to put on the blog, maybe tomorrow.
Bunny, sorry about your xf-i-l that's why we've got to live every day and enjoy and delight in the little things. Darlys, Beethoven's 9th is the only song my little GD can pick out on Ed's piano. I like your DH more all the time, I think he's worth fixing supper for every night.
Holly, Vermont sounds like a storybook place to me, the pictures of snow and making syrup -
I would love to see it, is it hot in summer, or humid?

Holly, and Thelma, Try going to the little round windows ball at the bottom left of your computer,click on that, then click on programs, then go to accessories, then click on notepad and that should work for you. You can minimize notepad while you look at the posts, then maximize it to come up to type what ever you want, then minimize it again to look at the next post. When you are done, rt click and select all, copy, then place cursor over reply, rt click paste, you already know that part. I am telling you both this because I love your longer posts.

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 29 2012 5:05:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  6:43:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Glenda, bless your heart...I have found my notepad! Watch out, my posts are about to double in length (although maybe not in relevance!!)
Marianne

Edited by - rough start farmgirl on Feb 29 2012 6:44:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  7:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Wow am I so far behind been suffering with a head cold or sinus problems last few days but wanted to post pics of the wonderful gifts I've received from 2 of my sisters here. Patty and Holly, Patty sent me a basket with a vintage doily and two of her eggs she made along with a wonderful necklace she made, love them all, thank you. And today I got a cute little doll handmade by Holly which reminds me of the virtual trip we took. It has red hair and a bathing suit that is just perfect. You have to see the top of the hat also, with all the cute fruit..Thank you so much Holly, I have all these items on my desk so I can see them all the time.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Edited by - Acelady02 on Feb 29 2012 7:12:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  7:18:00 PM  Show Profile
How cute is that!

Chocolate Kisses ...

Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  7:39:25 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies...just a short post tonight. I am so tired. As usual...lol. The day was beautiful, though very windy. Southern Illinois was hit by storms last night, but we had little rain here. The wind was terrible all day, but the high was 64'. We managed to get the roofing put on our quail coop in spite of the winds. I was screwing the roofing sheets on when my phone fell from my pocket and slid down the roofing between the coop and the fence. We had to remove a section of fence to get to the phone. :( But the roof is finally done and my coop is ready for quail. I canned 7 more quarts of chili beans, and will get 7 more quarts soaking before I go to bed.
Please visit my blog and enjoy the post from my guest blogger...who just happens to be Farmgirl of the month. :) http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/2012/02/woohoo-guest-blogger-farmgirl-of-month.html
I think you will enjoy it. I was too lazy to blog today and Penny filled in for me. Thanks Penny. :)

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  7:57:50 PM  Show Profile
Kathryn, you will find your glasses after you buy new ones.. dontchaknow!

Thanks everyone on the atta girls for my grades. I feel pretty good myself.

Darlys, yes I do have 4 yards of that fabric. I think it is online now.Sneaky of me huh. I will be adding more fabrics probably on Friday. I have a stack I just got through scanning Sunday. School has kept me from getting more online. I am charging shipping on orders over $50.00 though. I had a few smaller orders that kind of took up my profit by the time I shipped them out. Hope it don't mess anything up.

Glenda, your order should be at Ed's by now.

I'm tired... going off to veg in front of the boob tube. Later everyone!

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  02:57:42 AM  Show Profile
Hello!

Good grief Patty, do you ever take a breath! You are the most on the go person I know. It is very inspiring how hard-working you are. I enjoyed your guest blogger today. I did figure out how to join Glenda's new blog...gonna have to give a few minutes to experiment and figure out how to join yours, too!

And what a beautiful necklace you made for Penny. Really just so special! Along with those adorable eggs...

Penny- such a lovely blog about MJF. I know I am new here in the over-50's, but I still had such a sense of pride reading it!

Holly - What a masterpiece that doll is! All the fruit on her hat! So adorable, it just can't help but bring a smile to your face!!

Bunny congratulations on your grades. I know how difficult an accounting class is so you have much to be proud of. What is your educational goal? Is it a degree in business? And where do you attend classes? I know everyone else probably already knows all this ... please save me from searching 200 pages of postings to find out!

So, dh is home again. You all probably get tired of hearing that! It is always a bit nicer around here when he is here, too. We have 28 acres, 2 horses, three dogs and a very long driveway- especially when it snows! Our daughter lives on the property in a guest house. She is just 24 and after earning a bachelor's in business and a master's in marketing at the ripe ol age of 22, she is still looking for a "real" job. They are a bit hard to come by here in the Inland Northwest. She has been lucky in love this year and has met the young man she thinks may be the one. He lives in Southern CA so it is a very long distance relationship. Together they have decided to move to the SEattle area to pursue better opportunities for the both of them. I will miss her every moment. Anyway, I give you that background because I spent the week babysitting my daughter's labrador (who has a LOT of energy and loves retrieving and going for walks) while she did a trade show on the coast for several days just for the experience. She been doing a lot of things just to gain experience. I feel hopeful that this move is the right move for this young people, please keep them in your thoughts!

I spent the time alone trying to organize my craft items ... a never-ending goal! But, I made some headway. Found some items that I don't think I'll be using. It's always fun to have those sorts of things to surprise someone else with!

Catch you all later!

Marianne

PS- Blame Glenda for the length of this posting! HAHA Thanks again for the great directions, Glenda. It is so much less frustrating to do it this way while I am "riding the sofa."
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  06:14:32 AM  Show Profile
hi there!
patty girl, do you ever rest? my goodness, I would have to clean out 2 closets to hold all the canning stuff you have been doing.
holly - oh my, that is a darling doll and so accurate to our rio trip. i especially love the fruit on the hat.
went grocery shopping yesterday and gathered up the supplies i need to can the 2nd week of march (spring break) that were not "fresh produce" (ie, new canning lids and rings, vinegar, sure jel, etc.)
wont' be gathering up the rest until march 10th. if my sister doesn't come down this weekend from Oklahoma, i plan on canning some beans-if she does, i am going to ask her to show me how to use mom's food processor so i can do my stew vegetables easier. I have already cleaned out my linen closet for my "stock". i checked and it is the coolest closet in the house. Never really thought about it until i went to mom's house and she had me to pulled out some blankets from the hall closet and it isn't really a closet as much as a built in shelf with doors. she is doing ok, she is 83 years old and wants to be 90 (sigh)-she fell last weekend and couldn't get up so i had to go and get her and since then she hasn't moved much out of the chair. makes me sad and my sister thinks i am too close to see how she really is - how can you not see your mom is not what she once was?
anyway, don't want to make this too long,
hugs to all of you and have a good day!
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  06:15:11 AM  Show Profile
Good morning.

So much to catch up with.

Patty- I voted for your chicken picture. That eye looking at me is so cute. I couldn't resist it.

I remember going to Woolworth's dine store and seeing that Tangee lipstick. I wore that and I used to buy the Evening in Paris, too. I wore that Pond's makeup trying to cover up some of my freckles with powder.

Bunny- I am sorry to hear about your xFIL. I didn't drive until I was about 19. I was close to public transpotation and I had 2 kids. Besides, my xhusband used the one car we had for work and we barely had enough money do go anywhere but to the beach or a cheap movie.

Kathryn- your description of those flowers and that pear tree is so lovely. I had one of those trees once and it was so gorgeous when it bloomed. I am excited to see the picture of them in full bloom.

Thelma- I like your story about the "aroma" on Main Street. I can just picture the faces of the school staff and students as they asked you about the funny smell. LOL

Marianne- I am glad you found the notepad. It is so much easier and I never have to worry about losing things like I did so many times before. Now I just gab on and on. I don't how you were managing the other way. It seemed so complicated to me. I think it is nice when you mention that you DH is home. I know how lonesome I would be so I know that you are happy when he gets home. I will keep your daughter in my prayers for her and her future in Seattle. Is she taking her dog with her?

Penny- Take care of that cold and sinus problem. Hope you will feel better soon. Patty, that is so sweet, the necklace and basket with the doily. The eggs are so pretty. And the doll that Holly made is just so cute. Looks like you in Rio. :) Nice hat and bikini!

Glenda- I am going over right now to join your blog. We Tangee lipstick girls have to stick together. I remember my mother getting so mad at me when I was 13 and trying to get away with wearing that to school.

My dog just barked at me so I guess I had better get off here. Love you all.

Hugs,

Nancy #2301

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page