Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  1:20:19 PM  Show Profile
Holly, I got about 2 hours of movement in from last night to today; yoga=30 minutes last night and this morning, lunges to the mailbox and back (not as deep; my legs are killing me) twice, and I…do I dare say it? I danced. Just for a few minutes, anything more and I would have been rushed to the hospital to receive oxygen…

Ginny, the snow is picture perfect. I always like getting a good snow like that, but I like it even more when it melts away… *giggle*

Glenda, we've got you covered, girl; you know we're all knocking on the "gates" on your behalf. Let me know if you need anything and if I have it…it's yours.

Hugs!

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  1:33:31 PM  Show Profile
Ginny all that snow should have been here in Maryland - at least that what my youngest daughter wants. We gave her a "Do it yourself Snow Man" kit for Christmas (plastic carrot, 3 huge black buttons, 2 pieces plastic coal and a red scarf). Unfortunately we did not get much snow this winter & it's been in the 70s for days. Oh well.

Penny, wish I could be there to help you. I'ts easy for us old-timers to say "been there-done that". Its another thing to be going through it all right now. Go to the Duggers website (you know - 19 kids & counting?). They have some really great ideas on how to stretch their food. One way I made it through with 4 kids on military husband's pay, was to add pasta to soup. Sometimes, if I had them, I'd dice up hotdogs and add them to tomato soup and pour over rice. My kids actually loved that one. They called it hobo stew.

Glenda, good luck and here's a big hug <<<.....>>>.

As for last night....I don't remember much after the 4th (5th?) round, but I'm pretty sure it must have been really crazy since we all woke up in a heap on the pool table, clutching big plastic inner tubes. Did we go swimming? No more 'dancing' for me. Gotta lay off the lemonaid too. One more thing, I don't think it was a giant snow globe thing Mel had on her head - I didn't say anything, but I happened to see an empty spot on the back of the bar where that fish bowl used to be.........?
Anyway after walking for about an hour with doggies this morning and spending another hour in the garden, I figure I'll rest a bit tonight. By the way, does anybody know where these cute booties came from?

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  1:37:20 PM  Show Profile
Virtual Blur ( I mean, Tour)

I don't want to seem like I've been Out of It or not paying attention. OR that I have partaken of too much lemonade, but

Where are we?

I know all I need to do is follow Holly's swinging braid and I'll be just fine! But, everyone at home is expecting postcards ... can we stop and get some postcards? Please, pretty please. Are we there, yet?

What? I'm not whining, Kathryn...

Holly! Kathryn said I'm whining ...

Are we there, yet? Why is everyone glaring at me? It's not the heat it's the humidity. Oh, you've heard that already ...

Where did you say we were? When do we get to stop?

Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  7:09:18 PM  Show Profile
Laundry most of the day ... I can score about 2 hours of moving for that, Holly. Worked on a small quilt for quite a while and the rest of the day --- well, my mouth was moving but I suppose that doesn't count. Glenda and I had a phone marathon. She's in good spirits and looking forward to recovery.

The bar scene last night was rather -- ahhhh, best left at the bar. Actually you delightful divas have recorded the story very well already. The Chief was extremely gallant while rounding us all up. Sadly, he kept looking for Glenda and upon hearing she went back to Texas to Ed ... his eyes filled with tears. But he took solace in the all attention he got from Marianne, Ginny and Kathy. Then he whistled and in came 7 more hunky braves to hustle us along Alligator Alley toward our next stop. Dianne was riding on the shoulders of the guy with the ponytail. He's not a figment of her imgination! Giddyap!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  7:21:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals,We had a warm,sunny day for most of it. Then it got cloudy and threatened rain, but didn't. Then tonight we had lightening,but, again,no rain. Strange!
Thanks for the cinny rolls Kathryn. Yummy!
Loved the pics of the HUGE pear tree.
Penny, so sorry you have to sell your bike. I know how much you enjoy it. Hang in there girl! Love ya!
Later Gators!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  03:08:14 AM  Show Profile
Forgot to post my moving for the 15th -- only 70 minutes...
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  04:10:39 AM  Show Profile
I'm driving about 3 hours this morning to visit family and friends that far away, so if I miss you at the next, please get some post cards for me too. I always forget to send letters back home. Who's got stamps for them anyway.
Chin up Penny. We had cereal for supper many times when I was a kid. Sometimes we made a tent under the table and pretended we were on the road, roughing it!! I know it was hard on my mom, but us kids though it was an adventure. Keep it positive, no matter what.
I'll catch up with ya'll tonight.
After while, Crocodile

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  06:40:38 AM  Show Profile
I just slipped back to Iowa to hide all the 'gater goods'. If you want those belts, boots,and bags you will have to find a way to get to Iowa. Now don't be pestering Bunny about where they are as she doesn't know. I was afraid she would get into the lemonade and talk. Been enjoying a few glasses of wine while I'm here and took a day to go to the twin cities and see Hairspray, the broadway musical on the 'party bus'. We always have fun on thoses busses, even though there were a few 'party poopers' along this time.
Glad to hear Glenda is doing well. Glenda, if you read this know that I am praying for you.
Holly, put me down for 8 hours for the last 4 days. I love being outside in this pretend spring weather.
I am making Irish Stew today. Going to head for a big Saint Pat's parade tomorrow. If you chicks have some of the'special recipe' on Sat. don't forget the green foodcoloring!
Taa taa for now. Will catch up with you walkers (party people?) on Monday. Don't get any blisters on those pretty tootsies now.

Edited by - Thelma on Mar 16 2012 06:44:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  08:32:22 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All

Updte on movement
Wednesday Walking 30 min
Thursday walking 30 min and work out 30 min. Friday work out 30 min. I have had to open the weight room at the school the last 2 days and all that equiptment just begs to be tried. So i use the term work out loosely. LOL

Ginny dried pears? I have never tried that. I will have to do that this fall.
Love the pics of the snow. I miss the snow :(

Glenda when you read this know that I have been praying for you.

Well the bell has rung and I have students. I am glad it is Friday!

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  08:37:02 AM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour

I loved the ride in the swamp. Frog legs are wonderful, but the gater nuggets were not my favorite.

Cheif? What Cheif? Mel I have no idea what thay are talking about do you? LOL

Kathryn I was not falling off. I was getting off to give the Tortis a push!!
Yea Who is that guy with the ponytail?

Kathryn that is what you get for waving your hat at that gator like a red cape for a bull.
and she says I had to much lemonaide

Were was I when all this balancing was going on? I know I went with everyone. Darlys did you slip some of that lemonade to me? I don't remember leaving the bar. You did not forget me did you?

Marianne NO whining! We are there! Where ever there is???

Darlys have you been sipping your lemonade? That would have to be one big, strong brave to pack me anywhere. At least I now know how I left the bar!
I thought I was following Holly when I saw that pony tail. OOPS!

Glenda we will give you two weeks then expect to see you down here with us. I am sure we can come up with one of those nifty ricshaw things. We could all take turns pulling you along with us.

Well I am going to take a nap to prepare for to night.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  10:01:12 AM  Show Profile
Hey girlfriends ... it is almost 10 a.m here - which means nearly noon in Texas. Our Glenda is "under" and being operated on right now. The surgery will take approximately 3-1/2 hours and she's been in for about an hour and a half now. I am hoping Ed will call me very soon when she's in recovery. I will be jumping on here instantly when he does.

Please, everyone, we have to keep lifting her up on the wings of our prayers. As if she didn't already have enough going on, one of her dearest friends (Jill) died suddenly night before last. How much does this precious woman have to endure?

Rain here again today. I rather like it. I will probably spend the next few hours puttering and then waiting for Ed to call with the update on Glenda.

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  10:36:02 AM  Show Profile
Darlys, thank you for being our wonderful contact with Glenda. I know everyone is praying for her and know she will be doing great. How terrible for her to lose her friend so suddenly. At least she isn't alone in all this. Ed better be good to her or we'll all have ourselves a little visit to Texas to set him straight. Tell her we are all rooting for her.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  11:44:32 AM  Show Profile
Girlfriends! Just talked to Ed. Glenda is in recovery. He hasn't seen her yet but said everything went fine. There was some scar tissue adhesions that they had to cut away but the biopsy on the cyst came back clean. They may or may not deal with that at a later time. I think we can break out the bubbly for our girl. She's a trooper ... and along with the joy ... let's remember to keep her and her loved ones in our prayers for the long haul.

Bunny, Ed IS being SO good to her. I don't think we'll have to go to Texas. But I love your sentiment! Ed has been by her side constantly. If anybody could love Glenda more than we do, it's Ed. He's waiting now for the moment they say he can see her.

Okay, I'm crying for happiness and relief. So we'll all talk later.

Chocolate Kisses ...

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  1:58:26 PM  Show Profile
So glad to hear Glenda did well. I'd love to send a card... could someone email her address to me?
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  4:42:11 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I am so relieved to hear that Glenda came through surgery without complications. Breathing a little easier.

It has been overcast all day long. It has rained off and on all last night and today. No thunder yet. The temperatures have been in the 40's. The snow is disappearing rapidly. I can see patches in the fields already. I was told that next week may be in the 70's so the grass should be greening up soon. The cow will be very happy soon.

That thick headed bull calf of ours, who will be steak in the fall, is in the stall next to the baby chicks has been ripping down the plastic we have stapled from the top of the stall wall to the ceiling. We have chicken wire up there as well but some of it had big holes ripped in it. We put the plastic up to help keep the heat in or the breezes out so the chicks stay warm. Today I stapled up new chicken wire and a new layer of plastic.

I have been busy away from the computer for the last two nights. Last night was dancing and AAu basketball practice. I was the chauffeur.

I was in the bathroom of Walmart a couple of days ago and a woman came in and went out and came in and said Do I ahve the right bathroom? I said yes. It has been sometime since I have been thought to be a man. I should have told her no, and sent her on her way.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Mar 16 2012 5:10:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  5:17:44 PM  Show Profile
Well, the long ride here was ok. Finally got finish my latest fav read: The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice (Diary of a Vampire). The ending was a little left open, but the story was great.
Happy Glenda is doing ok. Tell her prayers are still coming her way. Tomorrow, we're going to be putting tile down in the guest bathroom. What a glorious way to spend a relaxing weekend right?? I'd much rather be back in the swamp fighting off mosquitos, snapping turtles, and lemon aid headaches!! I'll be back on the road Monday. See you all then.
Hugs and squishies.
Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  5:48:30 PM  Show Profile
Virtual Trip

WOW everyone has been walking and exercising all of their little legs off. Good for everyone! Kathryn walking from the farthest parking spot. Did your daughter think you had lost your mind more than usual? Is this accounting helping people exercise more?

Since last report we have moved a collective 28 hours and 35 minutes. I believe that Thelma boosted us over the top with her 8 hours for four days that had not been recorded on a daily basis. The most consistent reporters are Marianne, Kathryn, Nancy,Bunny, Darlys, Dianne and myself. Kathy has been laboring along in the most productive of movement. I guess it helps to live where the ground is thawed enough to plant. Only a little it of jealousy from this latitude. Although Ginny did required labor to achieve her movement with moving all that snow. We did not get any snow and I thank her very much for not alterring the jet stream so we would get her leftovers as we sometimes do. Mel and Penny contribute on a regular basis to get us around the corners and over the hills. Are there hills in south Florida? Maybe I should have said along the swamps and over the bridges.

After spending the night of March fourteenth in Pahokee and dancing on the bar top we were up bright and early with nary a headache to walk along the gorgeous shore of Lake Okeechobee. We logged 22 and a half more hours for 67 and a half miles. Well, I think we will take canoes and paddleboats from Lake Okeechobee up the river to Lake Kissimmee http://www.visitkissimmee.com/leisure/ to the resort town of River Ranch. It seems like a posh place for us to stay a day or two. Just to liven up their dull mundane lives.

I would like to thank Nancy for sending me the information brochures of things to do in Florida.

Then we will head over towards the coast along the Atlantic for a while continuing to head north.

For the record I did my movement with the same old things. 30 minutes for morning chores. then a lot of laundry and dishes for the rest of the two hours. I need to spice up my movement routine. This can get really boring.

Good moving folks,

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Mar 16 2012 5:56:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  6:13:29 PM  Show Profile
So glad to hear Glenda is doing well. I cannot keep up with all of you on your virtual trip, so I will stay away until the trip is over. Have fun and enjoy the scenery.

Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  9:15:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
This is the first time I have been able to get on today, I had appointments today, job hunting, and got company AGAIN till Monday, I should be in bed but couldn't till I checked on our GLENDA, so glad she came through ok, she is a trooper, thank you Darlys for letting us know, keep us posted if you find out anything else...She has been in my prayers all day and will remain there, just as all of you are. Thank you for all the support and love, I'm off to bed now...very tired, love and hugs....

PS put me down for 2 hours or 2 1/2 hours of moving today, with company I've done alot of cooking and used the outdoor kitchen so been in and out of house alot, then walked around the yard too, laundry and walking with the job hunting, I think that should cover my time.
(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Edited by - Acelady02 on Mar 16 2012 9:18:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  10:15:19 PM  Show Profile
Holly-
moving for the 16th was two hours!!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  10:48:40 PM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour

Oh my goodness I am looking forward to the Winter Park Sidewalk Art sale on Saturday! It is always so fun to see what other artists do ...

So, gals, now that we are here ... are we going to DisneyWorld? It has been SO long since I have seen Mick and Min ... And how lucky are we that they want to let us in early and for FREE! I vote we go! Who else has been there and what is your favorite attraction?

Everything is so green here. I know it is from the frequent showers, but it is so fun to see the different flowers here. Such vivid colors! And the sun feels so nice ...

Sleep tight gfs
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  05:08:12 AM  Show Profile
I am writing this on my laptop because my regular computer is still being repaired and won't be ready until tomorrow, maybe.

I cannot upload any photos using this laptop which I am sorry to say.

Marianne, Thelma and I bought a few postcards and I took some pictues yesterday. It was such a nice day. The weather has been so warm.

I also got myself some turtle earrings and and I was going to buy an alligator head but I was afraid that if Dianne or Darlys woke up in the middle of the night and saw those alligator teeth staring at them they would scream bloody murder.

I haven't seen any really good ones like that up here in Fernandina Beach.

Disneyworld sounds like fun. I haven't been there. In fact, I haven't been to Disneyland in quite a while. I want to see Goofy. He is my favorite character. I want to get one of those Goofy hats, the tall one with the black ears hanging down.

Holly I have moved 3 and1/2 hours since Wed. walking and going to a nursery and Flea market. It has been quite a bit of walking for me. We ended up buying some plants and 2 palm trees for out front yard. I apologize for the lack of posting pictures and will as soon as I get the computer back.

I am so happy to hear that Glenda is doing well from her surgery. Ed is such a dear and so wonderful to her. What a sweet man he is. I will continue to pray for her recovery and email her to see how she is doing. It is so hard staying down when you start to feel better.

Our weather is so nice now and the birds are singing, the flowers are starting to bloom and the clouds here are so beautiful I could just lie under a tree for hours and watch them.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  05:17:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi again,

I talked with someone about the lake and they said that there really is no swimming in the lakes because of alligators but they try to keep them out. I guess we were lucky that there were none in that lake. I have not seen any alligators and hope to see one on our trip. Well, maybe we will see one from a distance of course. I will be hiding behind the bushes!

Hugs and love,

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  05:26:55 AM  Show Profile
Ok - see how this counts as moving.....we're walking about 2 miles to "The Castleman" restaurant so we can take advantage of their all you can eat breakfast....bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon....from porkers raised on their own farm so we actually know where the meat came from. And did I say bacon bacon.......I'm off...
I'll check in again after I waddle...walk back to the house. Bacon here we come!!

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  11:59:01 AM  Show Profile
Glenda I am so happy to hear you are doing well! We will still keep you in our prayers, and your family too.My sympathy to you also losing a dear friend. That has to be extremely hard for anyone, but having had it happen when you just had surgery is horrible. I am so sorry.

Kathy I would love to send all the snow your way. I couldn't believe we got so much snow inMarch! And yet only 30 miles from us, and the rest of the State of Maine, they got nothing! I really can't complain though as it is the most we have gotten all winter.

I'm afriad I'm not moving much. Yesterday I was so sore from shoveling and my back and rotor cuff are both "out" so I was in bed other then going to work. Today however I took a hike through my woods (and snow) to make sure the guys who are clear cutting my neighbors aren't on my property doing that. Can I count that as like double time???? LOL Seriously, it's hard to walk through the woods in snow without snowshoes! Anyway the hike was a good 1 1/2 hours. Now, I can feel my back and rotor cuff again in pain so I'm going to bed to read. Then I promised the DH I'd take him to our local restaurant for some Irish food tonight since I don't eat cornbeef or cook it!

You girls are so funny, thanks for the laughs today!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page