Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  11:54:53 AM  Show Profile
Janie, how long will you be mowing in Texas until the grass burns down? We usually start mowing here in Iowa around the middle of April and mow through September and maybe into Oct. With this crazy weather my grass is already green and will need to mow soon unless the weather grows cold again.

I can sympathize with you on caring for your mother. It is hard parenting a parent. My Mom has been gone for several years now, but one of the hardest things I ever had to do was help Mom get on title 19. When Dad died after an extended illness Mom was left penniless.

Edited by - Thelma on Mar 19 2012 11:58:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  1:57:31 PM  Show Profile
last year we were in a bad drought and i thought all of my grass had died but it fooled me! I have had to mow the front yard one weekend and the back yard the next and keep alternating. however with my bum leg i haven't mowed the back yard in 2 weeks and it is getting high! my little dogs love playing hide and seek in it. we have been receiving some really good rains and that is what is bringing it out. and honestly part of my whining problem is that my husband died mowing the back yard and it is getting close to the 2 year anniversary of his passing and it is just getting hard for me.
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  3:04:32 PM  Show Profile
Thelma - my favorite colors are purples - all shades of purple, red and blue. My garden is full of purple, yellow, white panseys, violas, johnny jump ups, all colors of tulips & pink and yellow daffys. My rose isn't in the ground yet, but when it is planted and starts growing, it will be dark red (a climber). I have lots of other plants and I manage to cram tons of blooming flowers in my small yard. I mix flowers with my veggies to extend my blossoms. I have hanging baskets everywhere (I even hang some in my trees), and tons of pots everywhere. I'm thinking of screwing some old chairs on to the fence to put more pots on the seats for extra space. I was outside this morning and I saw several bees buzzing around already. My daughter wanted to know why I was dancing around the patio. Told her as long as there are bees, there'll be blooms.
Oops, didn't mean to go on and on, but I just love my garden. It is my for my aching body. Nothing is better for the arthritis in my hands than shoving them into soft, warm soil. My Granny used to say "nowhere can you be closer to God, than in a garden".
The weather here in Maryland has been more like California. Last day of winter and we had a 76 high. Heat in my greenhouse hasn't come on for weeks. Only needed one quilt on our bed this winter. Only used about 1 1/2 cords of wood this winter too. Don't know why, just being grateful for it.
Tomorrow, I'll be helping my middle daughter clean her house. She & husband just bought a big house - 4 bedrooms, 2 stories + attic. Out if the middle of nowhere (really!!), so she has mice and spiders. She may be a bit overwhelmed, but she is strong and has already borrowed my tiller to start her own garden.
Oh my.....I can go on and on can't I. If I don't go now, I'll miss dinner altogether!
Hugs and squishes all around.
Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  3:15:27 PM  Show Profile
O.K. Holly. I will join all of you on your venture. Put me down for 4 hours today. I did alot of yard work, but still have alot more to do. A little at a time. The ground is still frozen in parts of our yard, but we are 2 months ahead with this beautifulweather we have been having. I have been to Disney World 4 times and love it, but have not been there since 1999. The only rides I go on though are the merry go rounds. All of them.
I used to have a pet baby alligator when I was 13. They used to sell them in the dime store here. My mother was happy when it died!! LOL!!!

Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  4:23:54 PM  Show Profile
I am freezing my patunias off and Penny is talking about a heat wave. Anyone else think that is not fair??? LOl
Glenda soooooo glad you are at home or at Ed's home. Praying for you.

Holly Pure maple syrup mmmmm. I am with Talie, I could eat pancakes, waffles and / or french toast every morning with real maple syrup.

I best get moving. People around here are hungry

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  4:26:39 PM  Show Profile
Virtual Trip
My favorite attraction would be the Haunted Mansion ride. I have loved a long time. It is a fun ride. Next to that any roller coaster will do. So I guess my vote is for Disney World.

I am up for a dinner show. either one s fine or we could do both. Not on the same night of course.

I have to make a stop at a post office or UPS. I have way to much stuff from the Art show to lug around with me. I really think we need a spa day after all that walking and looking at art or what some people call art. Darlys what was that metal thing you and Marianne were looking at?

I am ready for a nap before dinner. all that shopping and shipping made me tired. Where is that brave when I need him to carry stuff?

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  4:38:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hello all, again, I'm behind but after reading I'm going to hit and miss here responding.

Glenda, I am so happy you are home and well, you tell Ed he is on the top of my list...what a great guy and give him a little smooch on the cheek for me please and tell him I said thanks for all he is doing for you...and I also would like Ed's address please. You take care of yourself please.

Patty, girl will you please slow down just a little bit please so your back will heal...thank you, I would appreciate it if you take care of yourself...

Thelma, colors...let's see, my very favorite are any shades of purple, has always been since I was very little and back then you couldn't find many clothes in those colors...lol...I also like teal too...I have some iris' that are a dark wine and also a rose bush that I call purple, not sure of the exact name...I love tulips too...love the different colors...and oh my the fields with wild flowers amazing the different colors you may see in those.

Janie, glad to hear you are back from break and hope you also take it easy..take care of that limp. I understand taking care of a parent...bless you.

Kathy, I love hearing your stories and about the things you love, you just keep telling us girl, ok?

Janet, glad you decided to join us.

Darlys, once again, love my vanilla beans..lol..I can't, in my opinion tell you to many times how much...lol Love those boots too....wonderful..

Holly, I know I have some of your children in my head but for me and maybe a few others would you give us a run down again...names and ages...pretty please...thank you...and I agree you are an amazing lady with all you do and all the love you spread.

Marianne, sorry to hear about your neighbor and brunch...sometimes it's hard to figure out people...but brunch sounded like fun to me...I couldn't find my poodle skirt...dang, but I have my straight jeans that are cuffed..so I'm ready.

Nancy, I just love the pics....and got to tell you I didn't mind the mistake with the marsh pic....kind of liked it....<giggle>

Patsy, so good to see you? Where ya been...hadn't seen much of ya, but then again, I haven't been around much myself.

Ok I'm going to do my last little bit of walking before it gets dark...so put me down for 1 hour today, I haven't moved much...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  6:38:35 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I remember recently on the news that Spain was suing or had won a suit to reclaim millions of dollars in gold from some wreck. I thought that gold does not belong to Spain it belongs to the South American countries that the Spaniards worked the Native people to death and stole it from. I wonder why the South American countries did not sue as well?

A friend of mine who lives in Maryland had a garden years ago. She and her husband used to drink wine in the big bottles with the little handles. He would cut off the bottom of the jar and they used them for cloches. The bottles came in clear and green. She said they were very pretty in the snow. They kept the lettuce nice well into the winter.

I am not sure what to do with the garden. The temperatures have been in the 60s and 70s. The snow is mostly gone from everywhere. I can plant the cold hardy seeds but we could still have snow or a frost. This weather could be soooooo tricky.

What colors do I like? Red and green and brown are my favorites. I wear jeans mostly and some carpenters pants. I wear bright colored tshirts and dark colored sweatshirts. I do own a red dress for the summer that has no sleeves and is slim cut. Our house walls are well all colors. The living dining room area is a pale gray. The kitchen walls are robin's egg blue. The laundry room is bright yellow. My work room is pale yellow. The hallway and stairs in the front of the house is lavender. I have read that paints with blue bases are calming and paints with red bases are agitating so I try to pick blue based paint. The walls in the public areas of the back of the house are pale green. The walls in the library area are tongue in groove pine with a maple stain.

It is getting late and I am going to bed. I will give a run down on the children later. I will put our next destination up also. I am trying to decide gulf coast or Atlantic coast. At the rate we are walking we will be in Georgia soon so those of you who are familiar with the areas let me know suggested routes. Nancy has sent a brochure about a haunted something in Savannah.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  7:22:34 PM  Show Profile
Janie - I'm sorry you had a rough trip with your mom. But glad you are back. And also my heart goes out to you about the anniversary of losing your husband. Only 2 years ago. I'm sure the memory is still raw. Now I'll echo Thelma and others, take care of that leg.

Marianne - that was rather strange of your neighbor to just not show up with nary an excuse or apology. Your brunch sounds lovely. I'D show up - early.

Thelma - my colors (and Glenda's - we laughed about it just last week) are raspberry pink, deep purple and saturated turquoise. About those alligator goodies you stashed. You say it was to get us all to Iowa? Well! Holllleeee ... are we going thru Iowa? Thelma has to share! Bunny said she really, really doesn't know where the stash is.

Kathy - love hearing about your gardening. Most, if not all, of us have dirt under our fingernails.

Jan! So glad you are putting on your hiking boots. You had a pet baby alligator!!!!! No way!

Dianne -- your brave was the model for the metal piece you say you saw Marianne and I looking at. It was called Rear View of Dianne's Brave with Pony Tail. It was a ... "blush." No wonder you aren't willing to let him wander off.

Penny, honey, so glad you jump in every now and again. But you have to leave Dianne's brave be. He's been spoken for.

Holly, you have such an interesting life. You write such amusing portraits of Life With Holly. And we are the lucky recipients of your wit and wisdom.

I'm sure Nancy told you we have to dress like pirates when we get to San Fernandina. So, gfs, if you haven't already got your gear, you may be able to find some at Disney World.

2 hours today, Running errands, grocery shopping and boxing up some stuff for next Saturday's garage sale. (Hopefully, I'll log some "real" time there.)

It's time to pull some supper together. Chicken, broccolli, and mashed potatoes. Followed by another episode or 2 of Rosemary & Thyme.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2012 :  04:58:38 AM  Show Profile
Good morning.

I am up early this morning and am enjoying the spring weather here. The birds are chirping their happiness and the sun is starting to come up. Looks like another pretty day.

Kathy it sounds like you are going to have a really nice garden. I wish we could have chicks too. Just dogs and cats allowed here and if you have enough property you can have horses and goats.

Thelma when you talk about having work done on your house it makes me laugh about the men coming out whenever they get there. That has happened to me so many times. Leon and I have expected people to start at the time they say they will and then they will come an hour late. Good for you making them say they will be done at a certain time.

My favorite colors are the blues and pinks. My outside house is a not too loud yellow with a red door. The inside is a soft yellow and the decor is green and rasberry/burgundy. My bedroom is warm, cozy chic; my kitchen is 40's, my extra room is 40's/50's, and my family room is "a little of this and a little of that."

Janie, I am glad you are back. I remember trying to help my mother and how difficutlt it was. Finding a good doctor is also very hard. I am sorry about the loss of your husband only 2 years ago. Try to get someone to mow that yard for you. With all that mowing it can't be too good for your leg. At least if someone could mow maybe the front and then you would only have the back to do.

Janet, Yipee you are going to join us! I haven't been to Disneyworld so you can go with me on all the merrygorounds. That is my favorite ride. I am really not much of a fan of those rollor coaster rides but I do like the water river one if they have it there.

I'm with Dianne about the Dinner Show. I think that would be fun. And a spa day sounds really wonderful.

Oh, Darlys told you before I got a chance. Yes, when we get up to Fernandina Beach we must remember to wear our Pirate outfits as we walk downtown. I think we can get some things like hats and scarves at Disneyworld. The little town does celebrate the many pirates that visited the island. We have to stop in at the Palace Saloon, the oldest running saloon in Florida. Also we have to take the horse drawn carriage ride through the town at night to see the haunted houses and cemetary.

Holly you can put me down for 1 hour yesterday. I spent most of the day at the doctor's office sitting. I did watch the neighbor kids playing in the street but that doesn't count.

Well I am off to sewing group. I am sewing a quilt for my niece. It has colors of burgundy, green and cream to match the colors of her decor. It is for her birthday in June.

Hugs and squeezies,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2012 :  05:25:52 AM  Show Profile
My favorite colors are light blues. I live in a rental and all the walls are a neutral beige and tiles on the floor have green in it, so my theme is mostly with greens, except my livingroom is bergundy and beige. Our glamper is in the blue tones though.
Hope to get at least a couple more hours in today doing yardwork, but now have to get dressed and go shopping. Will see you all again later.

Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2012 :  05:58:49 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! Did I hear that we'll be going through Savannah? I love Savannah!! I go there every time I visit my sister in Georgia. She lives in a little town called Perry and it's about a 2-3 hour drive there but well worth it. We hit River Street, lunch somewhere along the way, always stop at the Candy Kitchen for fresh taffy and fudge and sit under the statue of the waving housewife for pictures. The flowers and the river boats are always beautiful. And if we have about an hour or 2 to kill, we could walk through Bonaventure Cemetary. I just love it there. The statues and memorial messages go back to over 3 hundred years!! The Spanish Moss hanging off the trees, the magnolias in bloom....oh I could just go on forever. I have wanted to live in Savannah for years.
Oh....gotta go. Promised middle daughter I'd help her clean her house and kill mousies!! Bye for now!
Love and squishes.
Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2012 :  06:04:02 AM  Show Profile
Hey Girls; just checking in, I will play catch up later... Glenda, I'm so happy that you are doing so well. Holly on Friday I babysat my 2year old GD and we danced, chased each other around and hopped, well she hopped and I just did some knee bends, sort of. We did this off and on for about 2 hours. On Saturday...more of the same, as my daughter had a migraine and I was still taking care of the little one. It was a total of about 4 hours... On Sunday, we took mother out of the nursing home to celebrate her birthday and there was a lot of bending and lifting, for a total of about 3 hours, Yesterday...I was exhausted and I did nothing excessive...maybe about 30 minutes of yoga.

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2012 :  08:11:36 AM  Show Profile
Oh Kathryn, Please send us your mother's address so we can send her some belated birthday cards! MY MIL is in a care center and she loves mail time.

I am glad that I asked about favorite colors. I love colors and it sounds like you chicks do to. Janet, you mentioned blues and greens. I love them too and blue is a dominate color in my world. It is sometimes hard to get blues to work together, but if I throw in greens they work just fine. I was surprised that so many of you mentioned purples. I only have one friend who wears and decorates with purples. Around here purple is associated with 'red hat' groups and those gals only wear their colors when they go out together.

Does anyone have gray paint on your walls? It seems that gray has become the newest fad in home decorating around here. I am not liking it, but thats ok. We all have different tastes. My renter used dark gray in the living room and dining area after I told her not to. I hope they are renting to own as they keep telling me they plan to do next year. Believe my - they better paint it out if they decide toleave.

Jeniee, I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I understand why you detest mowing. I agree with some of the other chicks - hire it done!

Kathy, when I read your post I got so excited about your flowers. I too have a lot of flowers, but this is going to be the year I start cutting back. I am not getting any younger and country gardening is much much harder than town gardening around here. I don't use chemicals so the weeds are always at war with me and by late July they are usually winning. When I say I'm cutting back, I mean selling, giving away,or throwing perinnals that I have 20 or more of the same variety. I wish we were all in the same growing zone so I could just ship them off to thoses chicks who want them.

Holly, put me down for 1 hour yesterday. It was raining most of the day and I was lazy. Is there a zip line at Disney World? If not I will go for an extremely long walk while you chicks ride the rides. Maybe I'll find a 'gently used' store to dig around in while the rest of you throw up from all those rides. - giggle

It is still raining today, but I better get out and walk as we seem to be between showers. 'Taa taa chickie poos.' Don't get your feathers in a ruffle today.

Edited by - Thelma on Mar 20 2012 08:22:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2012 :  3:07:43 PM  Show Profile
Oooooh, I am so irritated! I've used some of those not so nice words…I hate being lied too. I was trying to get the nursing home to allow Doc to treat my mother, just for a trial period of 90 days, to see if she would do better on homeopathic meds, instead of that stuff they have her on that is making her decline so fast it's not even funny. They flat out refused, which is irritating enough, but I get the whole liability thing and all, you know? The thing that really made me mad was that I gave the women in charge of this sort of thing a week (she requested a few days to put something together; I had requested a meeting to discuss it) and then I started calling her to see where she was. I wasn't being a big pest or anything, but it's been about a month, so I called again. Prior to this I have left messages for her to call me and she never did. Today, I actually talked to her and she says that she has tried to call me…The only number they have for me is a cell, so it's with me 27/7. There has been no missed calls from there and there are no voicemails from her…That, plus the way she hemmed before saying that gives me a strong inclination to believe she is lying to me. Did I mention that I hate being lied to?

She is there because of Parkinson's; she had a small tremor in one hand and her doctor put on Parkinson's medicine. Did you know that there is no test to say you have Parkinson's? Did you also know that there are other things that can cause a tremor? Also the medication for Parkinson's will cause a normal, healthy person to exhibit symptoms of Parkinson's.

*deep breathing* *heavy sigh*

Okay, now that I've had my little tantrum…I will see if I can catch up with you all.

Where was I? Oh my…

Well, it has been rainy a cool here off and on for several days, but yesterday and today there was 4-5 inches of rain; more in some areas. We have, at least at this point, have a 40% chance for some more, including thunderstorms, over the next couple of days. Then it is supposed to be nice for the weekend. That means my scissors and I can get started on my yard; yipee…

Judy, did your mom get my card; I wanted to make it, but couldn't find the supplies. I know they're at my house somewhere, but I could remember where. I "collect" stationary and cards, so I picked one out and sent it along.

Kathy, the scenario you painted on pg 220 about "camping out" under the table…I was the mom in situations very much like that and you're right…, I was upset and stressed about it, but my kids had a blast.

Patty, don't try too much too quickly; give your body time to heal. Try halfing the meds, if you don't like the way they make you feel. They could still help at half doses without making you comatose.

Darlys, I am a "Holmes on Homes" fan myself. I don't get to watch much anymore; I don't have tv at my house, so I only get to see him when I'm babysitting at my daughter's, and sometimes not even then. :(

Nancy, I'm glad you got your own computer back. I hate using my daughter's laptop; I swear the thing is possessed. It does all kinds of crazy things I did not make it do…I've use a couple other laptops and they are all the same…I like my mouse. In fact, I'm rather attached to it…lol

Janie, I am right there with, honey. I had my mom out of the nursing home Saturday and she was a lot like that. She no longer chews her food well and she chokes a lot. I cut up her burger (her request) in really small pieces, smaller than the 2 year old's. And she still choked and griped me out for it. Then we told her not to put her hands or her fork in any of the girls' plates. She of course did the exact opposite. She picked on the baby's food and she had her screaming. I told her at about 10 til 7 that I was going to put hair dye in Dana's hair and then we would be leaving. Minutes later she was demanding to go home, n-o-w. On the way home she took her seatbelt off and I had to pull over onto a soggy, water-logged shoulder to put it back. She said, "I want it off!" When we got back to the nursing home I told her to stay put while I go get her wheelchair and some assistance, in fact to not even open the door until I got back because the wind had a bite to it and she only had a sweater on. No sooner had I gotten out of the car then she was opening her door and sticking her foot out to get out… It can be quite upsetting.

It's so hard when you lose someone; you re-visit it each year. You know we're all here for you…XXXXXXX Janie XXXXXXX. Janie is getting hugged, awww…

We had a bad drought last year too; everything burned up and looked so pitifully sad.

Thelma, I only like pink flowers, but I do not wear pink. I like red, of course I'm a garnet, so a deep blue-red for me. Blues, all shades; purples, all shades. Browns and yellows and greens, are good, too. My main living area is yellow with a weird brown color on the trim. I would like to take it cream with a really dark, chocolate brown on the trim. Then accent with a gray-blue and white. My bedroom, the way I got it, is dark green with a dark blue ceiling; it was a child's room…that should explain everything, right there. I, of course want to take it red and white. The other bedroom is light blue and white, which is ok, but I want to take it to a dark teal and white. The bathroom is ocean stuff… I like gray-gray, but it belongs on the outside of the house, but that's just my opinion. Or on your body as clothing…. My car? It's white…talk about boring. I'm a cottagy, shabby chic, victorian, kid of gal, but I like bright colors accented with white, which really makes the color pop… I like pastels, but I prefer the jewel-tones…

I've been needing to mow since January, but I just haven't been able to. Now I need a blooming scythe; I promise you, it is now up to my thighs… Ugh…

Oh, but any perennials you want to sent me I'll take; I'll make them work here…grrrrr…lol

My mother's address is: Eileen Herzig
C/O Chandler Nursing Center
P.O. Box 429
Chandler, OK 74834
She would love to get mail…my brothers don't have much contact with her, so it's just me and mine…:/

I'm so glad you're going to join us on our little jaunt, Janet…Yay!

Kathy, I just love all your flowers. I used to have a lot, but had to give them all up when I left CA. I haven't been able to get much back…yet…, but I want to. Flowers are just so happy and they lift me out of any bad mood, you know?

I'll have to post on our trip tomorrow; It took me so long to catch up that I don't have time now for that. *heavy sigh* I hate missing the weekend, but that's just the way things are right now, so I'm making the best of it.

Until tomorrow...

Hugs and Squashes, Girlfriends!
Kathryn

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2012 :  3:50:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Darlys, do I really have to leave him ALONE...ok if I promise not to touch is it ok to STARE?
Kathrine, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom and the Dr. I have gotten where I don't trust Dr. Some of them don't listen to the person they treat or to the ones that knows the person better than they do...and I'm with you...I HATE to be lie too...that and a thief....both make me so angry...I hope things get better

Ok, I'm going to quit saying I will catch up...I will just jump in and say hi and respond some...

I'm still job hunting...nothing yet...and Jim said horses can't be ridden by other, he doesn't want to take the chance of anyone getting hurt...I've asked all weekend for him to teach me to saddle the horses...I have always ridden bare back when I was younger on my friends horses...told him I was going to see if I could find a you tube video to teach me how....lol...since I've learned other things by watching you tube. I hope to do a few more crochet items and collect more things from my buildings and have a yard sale if the weather holds out this weekend...we will see...even a little money will be better than none...right? Oh my friend that was here this weekend, did a lot of cleaning...she thinks it is fun..so while I was working on folding the pages for my magazine bowls she cleaned our front door which is all glass and full glass panes on both sides, cleaned all the outside rugs, the two large full glass pane windows in the outdoor kitchen, like the once in store fronts...and alot of other things...she had fun and so did I...this is why we always made good roommates years ago..she like cleaning and I like doing the cooking and baking...its been almost 30 years that we have known each other now and nothing about that has changed..lol I did get some of my bedroom cleaned and the craft area looks so much better...and washed all the rugs in the house and 5 dog beds...and had to bath one of the dogs..she has allergies and has been scratching alot. So she didn't do all the cleaning...I did do all the cooking for the weekend...which I LOVE to do...

Ok I'm off to start another crochet edge wash cloth...oh and I started a rug with a spool of twine I had...now to see if I can find more at a CHEAP price at the hardware store tomorrow... I have completed 3 rows of double crochets and it is looking pretty good. I think this will be a good thing to have with my other yard sale items...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#

Edited by - Acelady02 on Mar 20 2012 3:52:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2012 :  4:58:32 PM  Show Profile
Penny - you keep talking about making a bowl out a magazine - can I have the pattern? I'd love to try to make one.
Kathryn - My Mother-in-Law lived in a nursing home for 3 years before she died. We actually 'lost' her about 2 years before she died. We tried to take her out on drives & visits, but she would get combative and start yelling. It is a horrible thing to see someone you love forgot who their are but even more, who you are. I feel you sister - and you and your mother are in my prayers.
Aw, what the heck...hugs and prayers all around!! <<<<<<..>>>>>>

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2012 :  5:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Kathy, go to my blog and the instructions are there, let me know if you have any other questions, I will be happy to answer them...oh and on there I used tape in some places...the one I am working on now doesn't have tape I have only used glue, but since I haven't finished it yet I can't tell you if it works out or not....but will keep everyone posted on how it turns out...good luck...oh and if you don't know my blog link just look at the bottom of my post above...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2012 :  8:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
My favorite colors are blue, burgandy and any earthy colors. I love flowers in those colors too with purples and yellows, guess that's why I like pansies so much.
Been enjoying being outside since it's so nice out this week. Chances of rain every day, but so far, so good.
Had to have the in ground cold water tank replaced today. Not to happy about it, but glad it's done. Now, waiting for the bill..sigh.. always something.
Making my kombucha tea from scratch. Should be interesting to see how soon the mushroom forms, it says about 3 weeks.
Calling it a night, love n hugs to all...

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2012 :  8:39:24 PM  Show Profile
Only an hour today. i just need to get moving. Damp and rainy all day. I did get some sewing done. Taa taa time for this old hen to roost.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2012 :  05:45:48 AM  Show Profile
Kathryn, thanks for the address for your mother. I will be sending her a card today. I can really empathize with you and what you are going through. I remember when my mom was in a nursing home. She was there for about 3 years before she died. She lived with us for 2 years and then had to go to the home. She really loved getting the cards when she turned 90. I remember how my mother smiled at all the well wishes. It took a long time before she finally got on the right medication and it was so hard for me. My mother was so obstinate she would not listen to me a lot of the time. Eat only what she wanted to, mostly yogurt and chocolate. The worst was trying to get her to take her shower. Finally we did have to put her in the nursing home. Then she always wanted to come home but we never brought her home. We just kept telling her it would be soon. Looking back now I treasure that time because I took good care of her and was there for her like she was always there for me so I was at peace with myself when she died. We were friends and I still miss her. My prayers for you and your mom.

Patty how are you doing? Take care of yourself and do some things that are not too strenuous on your back.

Penny, I hope your yard sale goes well. Those baskets should sell well. They are so nice. I wish I had more time to make some. I have promised myself that I would finish my list of unfinished things before starting something new. So I have put the baskets at the top of my new to-make list. You have a great friend there. Wish I knew someone who enjoyed cleaning. I tried to train my dogs through the years to at least wipe their paws before coming in the house but couldn't do it.

Holly I vacuumed yesterday and will be doing the kitchen and bathroom floors today along with my walking so mark me down for 2 hours.

I learned on the news last night that we have not had a full days rain here in the Jacksonville area since December. Most of the storms are either going north up to GA or south down toward St Augustine. We need those rainmakers or the Indian rain dances up here. No hurricanes please!

Glenda, thinking and praying for your speedy recovery everyday. Wish I was there to have tea with you.

Hugs and prayers for all,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2012 :  06:15:41 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning chickie poos
Rain, rain, and more rain! We need this rain badly as there was no snow this winter, but a could use a sunny day or two between showers. We aren't getting storms, just rain, so maybe I'll go out and dance in it. Where are we at with our virtual walk? I get lost so easily you know.

My son & his wife are having trouble getting our 5 year old grandson to get his kindergarten work done at school. They had a "coming to Jesus" meeting with him about falling behind. He went to school the next day and got caught running down the hall. He told his teacher that his parents said it was time to "step it up". thats our boy! giggle

taa taa - give up one high calorie treat today and walk a few extra steps today - I dare you!
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2012 :  06:24:34 AM  Show Profile
Good morning girlfriends! Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations yesterday; it just gets to me, you know? I just don't understand this territorial attitude doctors have for their patients. I mean, if I were a doctor I would want to try anything if it could possibly help my patient a higher quality of life, for whatever time they have left. Instead of "my way is the only right way" business. *heavy sigh* I don't know what to do from here…keep her there and let them continue doing what they are doing, which is giving her no quality to her life, or do I look for another place (the options are very limited) that would accept homeopathy as a treatment method… Thanks for your encouragement, though, I really do appreciate it.

The rain is supposed to continue throughout today and tomorrow here, but everything is getting so green; it is quite beautiful. I, as a general rule, like the rain, but it is nice to see the sun too. We are supposed to have a bright, sunshiny weekend with highs in the 70's and 80's.

Holly, put me down for an hour; 30 minutes of yoga and some house cleaning…

Penny, I hope your yard sale is huge success! The bowls ought be a popular item; there are great.

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2012 :  06:35:27 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning!!! The sun is shining here and it is 46 degrees. Our normal high for today is 36!!!!! We hit 60 yesterday. I love it!!!! Put me down for 3 hours yesterday working in the yard. I raked and bagged up 5 bags of leaves. I only made a dent so far, bit I can only do a little at a time at a slow pace. Between my artificial his and shoulder and my lungs,I think I am doing great.
Thelma, Yes, I had an alligator for a pet. I had to keep it in the bathtub and take it out whenever anyone had to take a bath. My dad was not happy about that at all. When it dies I preserved it in alcohol, but the only kind I could find was purple. It was in a big jar under my bed for years until I left home to get married, then I finally parted with it and threw it away. Wally was his name, after a cartoon called Wally Gator. Anyone remember that?
Glanda, Hope you are still doing well. Be sure to take it easy now. I know how antsy we can get after having surgery.
Have a great day everyone!!!
Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2012 :  07:17:30 AM  Show Profile
VIRTUAL TRIP

Dianne, you were not in the best position to see, my friend. From the back of the boat, it may have looked like I was waving my hat, but I was not waving it at the alligator; not deliberately anyway. When they were dragging that thing into the boat, I lost my balance and my hat fell off. I was trying to save it from a watery grave when the alligator started chomping it. It has been replaced, however, with a much better one, made in the style of crocodile Dundee's hat, out of alligator skin. There's even a few teeth along the brim… Thank you very much, my friends.

I've been to Disneyland quite a bit, I lived in southern CA for many years, and Disneyworld is the same, just more and bigger… I really loved the price tag too! I love going on all the rides, but some of those new-fangled roller coaster type rides are too much for me now; I get too dizzy and nauseous. Lol I steered clear, so I could keep that yummy lunch we had of gator tots…

The art show was very nice. There were some things I really liked and then there were others….the things they do with trash these days…now I'm all for recycling, but to glue it onto some bent metal rods and call it art? I just don't get it…

The jousting was really cool too; all those knights in shining armor. There was that one all in black armor who begged a favor from Penny…woooo. Then the one in all shiny, blue armor who kept bowing to Dianne and kissing her hand; my, my, my. And then there was the dancing…you gals sure looked great with all your noble partners…I didn't dance, as I explained to Glenda, who was keeping me company, I have five left feet that can't seem to get out of each other's way.

I liked the Arabians all too much, though; all those half naked guys? Hubba, hubba. Chief who? Ponytail guy? Don't know him… I think one of the forty thieves kidnapped me though, I ended up lost somewhere; I managed to find my way back, however…I followed the lemonade glow on all the farm girls. It really lit up the sky!

Spa day was sensational! I had a facial and a nice long massage…hmmmmm.

Where are we going from here, Holly?

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page