Page: of 218

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  07:09:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Kathryn, that purple dress has me written all over it.

Holly, when I talked to Jim, he is giddy with the thought of so many beautiful and fun ladies visiting the farm, We have 8 bunk beds in the bunk room, remember it use to be a hunting camp...and my bedroom is big enough to put lots of blown up mattress on the floor...and Jim even said he would sleep in his recliner to stay out of our way.....what he wants to know is how much of his special brew do we want.

Put me down for 2 hours of moving yesterday, spent time cleaning and pulling weeds around some of my flowers...and running the horses out of my herb garden...oh I forgot brushed both horses so had another 30 min.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#

Edited by - Acelady02 on Mar 27 2012 07:16:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  07:13:10 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone

Before I forget.
Holly Friday was 30 min, Saturday, was 30 min, Sunday was an hour, and Monday was at least an hour.
There i think my time is cought up to today.

Sue welcome. We are on a crazy virtual walk. We are in Florida, I think, Join us.

Thelma taht quilt is beautiful. You got talent girl!

Darlys love the tea towels. I like chickens on things like that. they are just fun.

Penny I love the cow. Ok Kathy I love the cow. I want one too.

Nancy love the pics.

Karen Welcome to our crazy group. Join us as we tour America (virtualy). We hav emoved on to Georgian I think. Way to much of Darlys' lemonade.

My youngest DH and wife leave today. :( They are moving to Montavideo, MN. I will miss them :( I am already planning a trip out there this summer.

The chickens are starting to cluck at me, so best get moving and feed them.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  07:17:01 AM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour

Ginny count me in on the Trek and the Kayaks, I love hiking, I have never tried kayaking but I have been river rafting, and it is a blast, Depending on when we get to Idaho we may get in on a great raft trip.

Nancy thank you for sharing your house with us, it is lovley. The carriage ride was one of my favorite things. There is just something magical about a horse drawn carriage.

Darlys I want to know what you went to. I want a make over like that!!

A swing on the ceiling? I have seen them in movies but never in real life. Love swings........

Nancy I love the haunted cemetary What fun that was too see those orbs and was that really a ghost? Even with Kathy sneaking up and yelling BOOOO!. And I did not scream like a little girl. That was a full blown farm girl holler. I was not the only one.

I really need to walk after that wonderful breakfast. Tell your DH thanks, that was really good. I have never tried t grits before. No to bad.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  07:18:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
oh I found me one on that shopping trip

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  07:31:28 AM  Show Profile
Well ladies, you are in for a real treat here in Savannah. We'll start with a nice stroll along river street. The buildings are all original from 3 - 4 hundred years ago. There's a lot of work being done on some of the buildings exposing the original bricks that are hundreds of year old and have been covered over the years with plaster or wood. Lot of little shops to go through and lots of hand made souvenirs at the open air market. Lunch at (where else?) the Pirate's Cove for fish and chips - fried clams are good there too, but no swing over the bar. Later we'll head over to Beautiful Bonaventure Cemetery. We'll talk a couple of hours just walking around. If you want to check out their web site, here it is: http://www.pbase.com/savannahga/bona&page=all
This is going to be walking trip that will take the rest of the day, so I've packed a huge picnic dinner that we'll enjoy down by the river at the side of the cemetery. Don't touch the Spanish Moss - it't full of chiggers!! Little buggers bite like people fleas!!! We'll enjoy the whole day just walking and taking in all the beauty around us. Getting us ready for tomorrow when we'll hit the beach on Tybee Island.

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  08:56:27 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to all the new "Wise Bananas," Sue and Karen. I hope you love it here! We hang on tight to one another; sometimes because we are too weak to stand on our own and sometimes because we are laughing too much or had too much of Darlys' "specialty" lemonade.

Holly, I have 2 hours worth of movement for yesterday. I got to do some weeding in a couple pots and planters that I now have… Woo-hoo! Oh and Holly and you too Nancy…my mother was so thrilled to get your cards. The first thing she said to me when I walked into her room was that she had received them…thank you.

VIRTUAL TOUR

Bunny, I had a friend who used to say…, "Flaunt what your Mama gave you, Honey!"

Penny, I'm soooo glad you found such a nice dress; it is beautiful on you too, but a tad too much pink for my taste, though. I don't think we could have shared mine, although for your sake, I would have tried.

The ferry trip was quite the adventure what with Ginny nearly falling in the water trying to reach the birds and Holly nearly following her trying to prevent her from going in. It's a good thing Nancy and Thelma were close enough to help or they would have gone in for sure. Marianne, Darlys, myself, and Bunny nearly tipped the thing over jumping around trying to give advice and to cheer them on to successfully keeping themselves on board.

Kathy, that cemetery is quite beautiful; I just love strolling through old cemeteries; they are so peaceful… What's for lunch? *giggle*

Squashes and Hugs!

Kathryn

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  10:31:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends here. Thank you Jan Doran for my surprise package today...for being farmgirl of the month. I hope you are enjoying your new sewing machine. Thank you so much for the cup and cup coozie, all the hanging handmade items. and the bag is wonderful...thank you so much

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  11:38:52 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh Judith! Have you been on this site all this time????????????? I have been waiting and waiting for an Iowa partner in crime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE NEIGHBORS. I shop in Mason City all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  11:46:26 AM  Show Profile
I am going back to the dr. this afternoon. I spent yesterday with a round of appointments. Sounds like I am headed back to Mayo Clonic.

Just for your information - Judith and I are about two to three hours from the Decorah Eagles nest. No one is allowed to go there of course, but it is one little item that puts Iowa on the map. It goes without saying that there are no beaches or gators around here.

taa taa for now! see you later
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  1:44:51 PM  Show Profile
Thelma let us know what happens with your Dr. apointments. Hope things will be okay with you.

I was in such a rush this morning I have not had time to pick out my dress for Savannah. I will have to do that today while I still have time. My goodness the dresses you all picked are sure fancy and just gorgeous. I must pick a pretty hat too. I am anxious to see the lovely Southern homes there especially with those porches.

Only 30 minutes for me today. I was sewing most of this morning and then sat reading this afternoon. Went out to lunch so that was more sitting. Now sitting at the computer.

Hugs and squeezies,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  3:19:01 PM  Show Profile
Well I have just been lazing around yesterday and today. The weather has become cold (50s) and bleak. Looks like the rain is almost here. Seems like Mondays (after a trip to Oakhurst) are usually my "down" days. My sluggishness seems to be extended into a do-nothing day today as well. And just now I discovered that somehow my iPhone got turned off - I'm not sure when. Began to wonder why it was so quiet. Now I know. There is this tiny switch on the upper left side just above the volume control and, well ... live and learn, I guess. Nancy, I owe you a call, babe!

Virtual Trip ..

So, we are moving on past another prison. I'm nervous about jail cells after that experience in Fernandina Beach. Even with Holly nearby, (keeping me safe - for the most part), one doesn't know when there will be an incident our angel has no control over.

I certainly enjoyed Nancy and Leon's hospitality. And I must say, he is quite a guy cooking breakfast for us, and bringing us coffee and juice as we staggered in in our jammies, without makeup and with wild, unkempt hair. Did anyone get a picture of that?

Well I, for one, will be happy to stroll down River Street checking out the shops. I once got a lovely scarf in a shop there and upon arriving home I discovered a very small tag on it that said "Made in San Francisco." So I will be paying attention this trip.

Glenda is doing well enough now to boss me around. I'm getting some pretty specific instructions on what I am to get for her in Savannah. I'm not sure if there is a lingerie shop that can handle her order - but I will see what I can find. She claims that there are some very steamy items under those hoop skirts and camisoles. Those southern gentlemen, she says, have good reasons to bow, smile and kiss a lady's hand and ...

Savannah is a lovely place and I am looking forward to checking it out. I have my parasol, my hat and gown and gloves. I've packed my pirate gear. Are we going to Paula Deen's restaurant for lunch? Best make reservations early, I hear.

Holly, I woke up with a slight headache and used it as an excuse to do nothing even after it was gone. Only get 30 minutes between yesterday and today. I'll try to do better.

Thelma, keep us posted. And, about the eagles, they were showing the webcam stream on the Weather Channel on Sunday. Precious, demanding babies.

DWTS results will be on tonight and the dancers are all good. Hate to see anyone go - but it will be quite a season with the talent we are seeing.

I think I'll try to get a little something done now. Maybe plan dinner.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Mar 27 2012 3:25:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  4:57:21 PM  Show Profile
Virtual trip
I will miss Leon's biscuits every morning ... Nancy! I mean the biscuits he baked us ... what were you getting so upset about?
Bunny please pass any "over flow up top" that you have to me!! I could use it, if you know what I mean! I have picked out my dress. I went for white with a black trim. Attempted to upload and failed. I better review how to do that before we get dressed for our next adventure!
My throat has healed from all the startled gasps and, OK, screams at the cemetery. Ginny, I am sorry about your eardrums.
Marianne

Holly, my moving was three hours today.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  5:11:30 PM  Show Profile
Well, Judith and Thelma, I just watched "your" eagles and was lucky enough to see them switch places. So I got a glimpse of the eaglet and the cracks in the next egg. It was very exciting to see both of them in the nest at once. There was also a bloody bone of a pretty substantial size that they were gnawing on. Just your typical family portrait, as far as eagles go! Thanks again for providing that link. DH and I have really enjoyed it.

Thelma, I am so sorry that you are spending so much time in doctor's offices. It can really ruin your day. I hope you get some answers today. Is Mayo where you would have any procedures done? How fortunate to be able to use such a highly regarded clinic!

Penny, how nice that goodie bag from Jan is! The cup cozy is adorable and I am a sucker for anything that is branded or labeled like that tote! I hope you have enjoyed each and every day of your month. It has been such a pleasure getting to know you!

Darlys, I am looking forward to DWTS, too. The stars really do work hard and I feel for the guys and gals in our over 50 group that are trying to keep up with those 20 somethings! Definitely a bit of a difference in the flexibility! I get a kick out of the judges, too.

Talk to you gals tomorrow,
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  5:40:54 PM  Show Profile
Excited about Savannah! Have always wanted to visit...this the Girl Scouts 100th anniversary. And The Year of the Girl!

Love your dresses gals (penny and katherine), you look delightful strolling down River Street.....I am searching for one in emerald green to match my eyes..LOL!!

Did someone mention Paula Deen? I'm with you Darlys...we must see her place.

Marianne I think we'll be visiting the next cemetery in the daylight for your sake! I still have ringing in my ears, if you know what I mean! :)

Thelma....sorry about having to go through all these appts. again. Please keep us apprised of your situation.

Penny looks like Jan blessed you with some really nice gifts. Farmgirls are so very thoughtful!

Well, Holly put me down for 1hr for walking the dog and began spring cleaning, another 2 hours.

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  5:44:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness! I received an amazing package in the mail today! It was from Jan Doran in Michigan and once again I have to relearn posting pictures. One of these days it will be ingrained in my brain. Coming at ya will be that adorable miniture doll that I got from Holly, this fabulous array of goodies from Jan (similar to Penny's but with the March motif), AND my Southern Belle dress. Stay tuned ... eventually I will get them posted.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  8:57:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Thelma, I sure hope you are going to be ok, keep us posted,

I just have to post this pic, I swear the store said this was a southern bell outfit, but really I have my doubts, what do ya'll think?

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  04:21:48 AM  Show Profile
Penny,
I think that is the Southern "Gonna Ring Your" Bell outfit. It's an easy mistake to make!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  05:29:38 AM  Show Profile
Good morning

Darlys I tried to call. I thought maybe you were still up in Oakhurst having some extra fun time. I can't wait to see the dress you picked out. I still have to get mine. Pink maybe, I think. I will post it as soon as I can.
Let us know what Jan set you. I am anxious to see it.

Penny those things that Jan set are so lovely. How nice to get personalized gifts like that. :))
That dress is going to do the trick. It is made for the hot weather or should I say it is really "hot," girl.

Paula Deans place is going to be in for a great and beautiful surprise when we all show up in our glamorous dresses. Won't we be the talk of the town? Mel with those green eyes in an emerald green dress that is going to look spectacular!
We have to try the corn pone and collards. They really are good. Be sure to order your tea either sweet or unsweetened.

I am not going to any cemetary in the night with you all again. Those screams were sure loud. I thought I saw one of the headstones move. Somebody moved in one of those empty houses across the street, I swear I saw it.

Tonight I am going to watch American Idol. I like it a lot better without Simon Cowell and the talent is excellent this year.

Debra e, how are you? How is your DH doing? Hope things are going better for him.

I am going to make some muffins this morning while the weather is still cool.

Ta-Ta

Hugs and squeezies, my dears

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  06:13:32 AM  Show Profile
Morning girls. Lots warmer today. I'm so glad winter is over - well it's over here in Maryland anyway. I have Dr appt myself this morning so gotta get a move on. 3 hours of moving for me yesterday - house clean and clothes folded and put away. Porches swept and flower pots set up. Just need to fit the flowers in the pots!!
What a great time we had in the cemetery. Girls - you must be on your best behavior when we take that paddleboat ride up the river. No the captain can't marry you to your ponytailed hunk so quit asking!! The ride is a very smooth trip so I don't think anybody will be leaning over the rail this time. We may be able to join in one of those friendly card games while on the boat....just don't go betting your bloomers girls!!
We should be moving out of Savannah sometime tomorrow. Dinner at Paula Dean's and Paula's sons will be joining us for lemonaid and pecan pie after dinner.
So, that's my part of this virtual trip. So, who's up next? Where are we going now? I'm getting my traveling boots on and I'm ready to go. I have a really big house in Maryland, so when we make it here, I'll set up beds for all of you. Oh, did mention that I have 2 Jack Russel terriers who love to be in you face? Well, they both think they are cuddly stuffed puppies and just love to have their tummies rubbed and they love company.

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  08:25:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I got this in an email and thought about my girls....I know some of you would be perfect for this, I wish I had more knowledge on stuff like this....just not sure I have enough...check it out, they are paying too http://www.fiskateers.com/lead-call/

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  09:54:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone
It is raining today. Figures it's my birthday and it is raining. I put in an order for sunshine. I suppose it is back ordered just like the snow I ordered for Christmas. LOL

Nancy, Luanne, and Darlys thank you for the birthday cards and tuck-ins. Even on this dreary day they were a bright light. Thanks!

Holly only about 30 min yesterday. I really was not active. More like frustrated.

I went out and fed and watered the chickens. When I went to turn the water off, the faucet would not sut off. It just went round and round. This is the same faucet that I asked my DH to look at last week. I told him there was a problem. Did he look at it? Oh No!!!
Then I get in the car to go see what a new faucet will cost and the heater makes a clicking noise. That means the switch is broken
again. It was a day from you know where. Any way we had to shut the water off to the house all day till my DH got home to fix the faucet. After dinner I had a glass of wine or two and went to bed!!!

Thelma I will keep you in my prayers. I really hate Dr. Appoints. Speaking of Dr. App. They called and canceled the appointment. Death in the Dr.s family. So we will need or should I say I will need to reschedule it.

I best get a move on. My DD said my bread is huge! LOL
I forgot I was making potato bread while I was on here.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  09:55:14 AM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour

I really nee to look for a dress to wear. Penny's and Kathryn's are beautiful.

I love the stroll through the cemetary. It is really neat to see what is writen on all those old headstones.

Penny I'm sure your DH will love the dress. I am just not sure wee can take you out in public in it. LOL

A addle boat trip. That sounds like fun. We will all need to be dressed in our finest souther bell outfits. SHOPPING!!!!!

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  10:20:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Happy Birthday Dianne, I hope you get everything you want since you didn't get the sunshine...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  10:23:34 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon,

Virtual Tour
I like going to cemetaries in the daylight. It was nice of the cemetary comminsioner to allow us to do some gravestone rubbings. The black paper with the silver crayon looks great. It gold crayons were rich looking but I thought the silver had more contrast. Sometimes gravestone rubbings are not allowed becasue it may deteriorate the stone.

I have heard of Paula Deen. Some of you are far more worldly than I am. Is she still alive?

http://www.juliettegordonlowbirthplace.org/ I have been a GS since I was 5 or so. So, this is a must see for me. She was a woman before her time. A creative artist. So, bear with me while we tour this house.

I am not so sure about those dresses. they are very spectacular. I think I would go with blue to seto ff my eyes and go with my coloring. The sunburn from the raft trip has faded. I do not however have the requisite peaches and cream complexion.

I am looking forward to the beach. Are there good shells to collect?

I am glad Penny's dh is looking forward to our arrival. I can handle a chainsaw if he has any work he needs done about during our stay. I am handy with a fence tool as well.

Keep those shoes tied.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  11:29:15 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Diane, hope it is a better day than yesterday for you!!!!!
Holly, put me down for 6 hours yesterday. I did a load of laundry, then made pasties for supper and the freezer. For those of you who do not know what those are, they are an individual pie crust stuffed with meat, potatoes, carrots, onoins, salt and pepper and baked. It is a yooper meal here in Upper Michigan. Alot of work to make, but good to eat and freeze for more meals.
More later, am still looking for a dress too.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page