Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  08:19:32 AM  Show Profile

Girls, we've got competition! Darlys? Is that you hiding in the back?

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282

Edited by - Cooknnana on Mar 30 2012 08:25:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  08:20:11 AM  Show Profile

Now, THIS is my cup of tea... hahaha, hee hee hee!

Sister #3282

Edited by - Cooknnana on Mar 30 2012 08:26:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  09:15:49 AM  Show Profile
Sorry Linda, I didn't mean to leave you out...WELCOME!! Jump right in; we get a bit crazy sometimes, but you won't meet a better group of gals.

Well, Penny, I think I have your email address, but as I didn't save it right...I don't know which one is yours... Same with Nancy. Boy, do I feel dumb... I am cooknnana@gmail.com; could you send me a note so I can have your addresses to send the story along....please.

Squashes and Hugs!

Kathryn

Sister #3282

Edited by - Cooknnana on Mar 30 2012 09:20:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  11:14:42 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, "ladies" - (I use the term with much poetic license ...) The sun is shining here and although it looks like it is going to be a gorgeous day, the weather guessers say there is a front moving in. We may be able to beat it as we are, again, headed up to Oakhurst this evening.

Patty, gf, I have been thinking of you. I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling with so much pain. Even a backache will make me whine. But I am shocked that you continue to do your already amazing projects and tend to the birds as if you were an amazon. (Which we all know you are - but, c'mon!) You will continue to be in my prayers - but you have to listen to your body. BTW, those pictures are great.

Thelma - I agree that carpet squares would be a fun (and, for the most part, most comfy) way to do your basement floor.

Penny - you will ace the test at the store. We are all rooting for you. Oh, and that lovely picnic dress is very fetching. I have to admit that I was just a tad surprised at how much skin you covered. I do love the dress, though.

Kathryn - that's a LOT of photos. That's my pink dress! Since Ginny, snagged the hot pink/black one from the rack before I got there, and I lost my white/black one, all I had was my gold one. But I'm delighted you managed to find that one. We had to leave Savannah so fast ... (what with the church ladies running us out of town) that it must have been mis-packed.

Kathy - you have taste! Your 3-tiered frock with the hat is very appropriate. But how did you get that hunk with the camera to don a matching touristy outfit? You've been holding out on us, gf! Now your traveling attire does look practical albeit a bit toasty. True, you might want to ditch the muff - and the hood, too, for comfort's sake.

Janet -- those sleepless nights knock the wind out of your sails. I actually had a lot of them before the surgery. Now, 8 weeks out, and I am doing so much better. I hadn't even connected the dots before.

Holly, I googled Ebenezer ... if you haven't already, you may want to give it a go. We may not be able to stop. But, just in case, this is the beginning of one result:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebenezer,_Georgia -- Ebenezer, also known as New Ebenezer, is a ghost town in Effingham County, Georgia, United States, along the banks of Ebenezer Creek. It was listed on the ...

Nancy! Now everyone knows and I won't be blinding them when I take of my fabulous hat. What you didn't tell them was that my hair wasn't intended to be this red! A new copper penny pales in comparison! Even DH did a double take when he got home from work. He liked it blonde ... he loves it red. Go figure. I haven't got a picture of it yet ... but this does have to be recorded!

Less than an hour until April's FGOTM is crowned!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  11:44:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I will come back later and write more but just wanted to let everyone know I made a 94 on my test, it was 3 hours....haven't been home long so going to catch up on a few things...oh and I won't know anything till Tuesday...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  11:48:02 AM  Show Profile
Whoo-hoo! Great job, Penny! I knew you could do it! *Dancing the jig...virtually, of course*

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  11:58:52 AM  Show Profile
Penny -- good job, gf! But I knew you would ace it unless you were drunk. Maybe even then! So proud of you!

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  12:01:07 PM  Show Profile
Going over to Across the Fence now to post the April Farmgirl of the Month. Back to share it here right after. But do check there for the "big" to-do. Probably, Sunday and/or Monday since most threads don't know I'm having to post the news early.

Chocolate Kisses ...

Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  12:09:48 PM  Show Profile
No surprise here ....

I have basked in the glow of being March FGOTM and I am now privileged to name the APRIL Farmgirl of the Month ----

Many, perhaps all, of us watch for her "life" posts on the forum. She is an inspiration, she has made me laugh out loud and touched my heart as well. She is very wise, kind, trustworthy, loving and warm-hearted - a patient, gifted and gentle-woman with a great sense of humor.

There is no way to keep this short. April's FGOTM is an amazing, strong woman who stands out among many incredible and worthy women. She, along with her partner, has a large family of adopted children who are lucky to have this generous and spirited angel for their very own mom. She is also a caregiver, in her home, to 2 women with special needs. She farms, has some livestock, can handle a chainsaw, and we've heard stories about her "adventures" with her tractor. She is a handy-woman indoors and out, with carpentry skills to envy. Her abilities are the stuff of legends! She is also an artist creating, among other things, delightful painted miniature dolls of clay.

AND, she led the Over 50 Group on a riotous, virtual trip to Rio and now (even though it's gotta be like herding cats) is mapping and keeping us on track in a wild and fun "Virtual Move It to Lose It" trek around the country.

There's no mystery ... I hereby pass the royal baton (or hoe) to one who deserves our applause. I'm very proud to call her my friend and sister - "Tall Holly" in Vermont! HOLLY PERDUE is April's Farmgirl of the Month!

Chocolate Kisses ...

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  12:12:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I'm doing a dance for you Holly, everything Darlys said about you is so true, I am so honored to know you...I'm so glad to call you friend and Sister...love you girl and thank you for all you do for us and for putting up with all us crazies on these great trips you take us on....you are the best...hugs...and so much love to you...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  12:15:23 PM  Show Profile
Yay, Holly!!! I can't say I'm all that surprised; you're the best, Girl Friend! I'm doing another virtual jig. Go Holly, Go Holly, Go Holly!

Great big Squashes and Hugs!!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  12:27:26 PM  Show Profile
By the way, Holly, you can tell Ross that the farmgirl you made that miniature doll for ... has boobs to match. Hope he appreciates that.

Chocolate Kisses ...

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  12:55:05 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Holly for being picked as April's Farmgirl of the month, wonderful choice Darlys. Holly is my pen pal and I enjoy her letters and friendship so much.
She told me about this thread and how much she enjoys it, guess I need to stop by more often and say hi as I am well over 50:-)
Have a beautiful weekend everyone.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  1:38:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Quick post since we have some new girls, if you would like to be on our birthday list, email me your birthday including the year(lol) and address and I will place it on our list and send out the updates. I just sent out the birthday list for April if you didn't get one it is because you aren't on the list yet, so email me...and I will put you there and add your email to the group mail outs....hugs...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  1:40:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh Holly, CONGRATULATIONS! You really deserve this award. You do so much for all of us while you keep up your busy lifestyle. It is going to rain this weekend and I am going out in it to dance for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much Darlys for nominating our Holly!!!!!!

Edited by - Thelma on Mar 30 2012 1:41:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  2:27:07 PM  Show Profile
Darlys, who are you callin an olde biddie! I'm still spry as a chick... yeah.. right on!

Dianne, sorry the gloves are a must. Every proper lady must have her gloves!

Judy, I'll see you on the porch. I go back and forth all the time. You can't get away that easy!

Penny, awesomeness on your test. So glad for you! Hope it all comes out great.

Holly, congrats on the FGOTM award.. you deserve it big time. Good going Darlys! Great choice.

Boy did I get behind on the pages. If I missed someone... sorry, I still care about everyone! It's all rainy but I had a bunch of errands to do and loved being out in it. It isn't very cold so was a nice trip out. I got some of my school books for my new classes. I didn't realize it but by getting them before class started I got a discount.. so cool. The others I rented. I saved quite a few dollars by renting my school books instead of buying them at the college book store. Then I got a really cool book about crochet and knitted flowers from the library. I'll be working on those for a while. I have a few to finally put on my website but my photos aren't very good. I just don't have a very good camera. My wish is for a Cannon rebel. Maybe someday.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  2:54:16 PM  Show Profile
Debbie - glad to have you! I checked out your blog. Cool on winning blue. And - if Holly is your friend - so am I ... (well, so are WE). Stick around, gf.

Chocolate Kisses ...

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  3:03:10 PM  Show Profile
Wow! The carpenters are done for the weekend and it looks pretty cool in the basement. This morning they pulled the steps apart and rebuilt them so they would butt up to the ceiling correctly. They are alot safer now and my mind is buzzing with ideas on how I may finish them off. As soon as I am stronger I'm heading to the home center. Pictures soon

Welcome to our new gals. YOu are going to love it here.

What plans are being made for you travelers this weekend? If I find the strength tomorrow I want to attend a local craft show and then visit my MIL at the nursing home. Sunday there will be Palm Sunday services and then we have a confirmation luncheon to attend. I would like to find a pretty area and practice with my new camera, but doubt I'll be up to that as I wear out easily.

Taa taa for now - have a good weekend every one.

Edited by - Thelma on Mar 30 2012 3:07:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  3:13:24 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Darlys, glad to be here, sorry it took so long:-)
April 9th heading out on a 6 day Farmgirl Road Trip with Marilyn (mountainmama) across Western Colorado to meet 3 farmgirls. CJ, Rain K, and Laurie Montrose Girl, we are really looking forward to the trip it will be soooooooooooooooo fun. Will take lots of pictures and post them of the farmgirls.
Again Holly Congratulations.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  3:51:42 PM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour

Judy, add me to the long list of gals sad to see you leave. We will miss you.

Kathryn, So proud to know someone who writes! How exciting to have something long enough to enter a contest. Good luck.

Patty you are the strongest farmgirl I know of! You just power through the pain. I hope you are pampering your back somewhat, too though. It is not something to take too many chances with.

Welcome Linda. Looking forward to getting to know you.

And to the big news, CONGRATULATIONS HOLLY. Darlys made such a great choice when she named you FGOTM. You work so hard and then lead us through out evenings romps. I have learned to look forward to your posts. Bless you, you try to keep us in line and maybe teach us a thing or two along our way. I fear our adventure would fall apart without your leadership. So, hat's off to you. It's your month. We honor your farmgirlishness!! Thanks for all you do here.

My moving yesterday was 4 hours and today 2-1/2 hours.

Penny, you rocked that test. You go show those youngsters what you are made of !!

Well, I think I caught up somewhat! Oh! Who has been watching the eaglets? I caught a lot of sleeping birdies lately.

See you all in virtuality...
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  5:01:38 PM  Show Profile
What a day! Guess who is gonna win Marianne's game?

[quote]Originally posted by rough start farmgirl

Good Afternoon everyone. First order of business is to wish our gal Dianne a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Now, I would like to announce a new game, just for us over 50's. There is a time limit, it will end probably tomorrow maybe the next day ... It's called "Who did Marianne send Dianne's Birthday Card to???" Everyone gets one and only one guess. And of course, we all know it wasn't sent to Dianne, because, well..., what fun would that be?

I was up early and ready to post Happy Birthday to a certain Over 50 when I double checked my list of birthdays. Imagine my surprise to see Dianne's name... So let's get the game going because SOMEONE is going to know the right answer soon!

PS Dianne, dear, your card will be late ... well, it's late anyway ... Dianne, dear, your card is going to be very late.

IMAGINE MY SURPRISE -- when I went to the mailbox today and received a beautiful BIRTHDAY CARD (my birthday is in September) from none other than Marianne! I can't send it along until Monday -- so she's right! Your card will be very late! And, precious, please forgive me -- I will replace it with something good -- I ate one of the chocolates -- by accident, of course. I'm sorry, Marianne, but it was kinda your fault. You've seen my signature sign off ...

Chocolate Kisses ...

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  5:39:39 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Imagine my surprise when I arrived home today to find a package from Darlys with a note inside telling me that she has proclaimed me FARMGIRL OF THE MONTH OF APRIL. Then she posted that very nice note on the Across the Fence board. I was blushing so much I could not decide if I was having a hot flash, a fever blush or excitement.
I am so happy to be included in the group of women before me. Here are pictures of the contents of my surprise box from California.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  5:51:26 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Holly. Enjoy your Farmgirl month!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  5:58:21 PM  Show Profile
Hello friends. I am finally, finally back at my home in Mason. Marianne I am glad I didn't leave yesterday because I got a card at Eds from you and the chocolates are wonderful. My doctor gave me a clean bill of health a couple of days ago but said I had to take it real easy 4 more weeks. He said even though I only see a few small slits in my abdomen there was some serious
his word: "asswhupin" surgery that went on inside. He apologized over and over for making me wait so long for the surgery because after they go in there they found my stomach had pushed out of the hernia tear and in to the lung cavity and had started growing to the lungs so they had to get it loose and repair lungs and stomach in addition to the hernia repair. He said it was obvious I had to have been in a lot of pain for a while. I said no kiddin'. Anyway, the pain is gone now and when I have a little discomfort he has given me a happy pill to take. He said they also looked at the ovarian tumor while they were inside the body with the cameras and they absolutely do not think it is cancerous but they did not do a biopsy as the surgery they had to do was all I could stand and all they want me to deal with for a while. So it was quite a week, my children's father died and his funeral was the same day as my surgery, one of my best friends died the day before my surgery, so in addition to my physical healing I have some emotional damage to deal with as well. I am weak and can not do much for several more weeks but watch the weeds grow and the dust bunnies take over but at least I will get caught up with the birthdays finally and do some work on my blog. And I am so glad to be back in my own home. so enough of the dreary stuff.
Holly congratulations,you would have been my vote as well. Judy, please dont leave. I know you are having a tough time with your mom, though and I certainly understand. we need your funny sense of humor here so stop by whenever you can.
Thelma I am so sorry to hear of your health problems and hope they will go away or at least into remission again.
I am always so sorry to see someone leave the group and so glad when you newbies come in. Its usually a lot of fun but even when it isn't we stick together. I am still hoping to catch up with you guys on the trip. My sense of humor has sort of been on vacation but it will come back. Thanks all of you for yor support and prayers for me during the past weeks. I wasn't able to get online much but now that I am back home my internet access works all the time. I have a lot more pages to catch up with as I just quickly glanced through tonight. Looks like Patty is still having a rough time, seems like we have to wait so long even in pain for the doctors to finally get around to us. I sure hope this is something they can fix without surgery, Patty.
hugs to all,

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  6:36:49 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

The temperatures are in the thirties in the afternoon. If we had had this weather for sugaring the season would have been far longer.

I have not started to plant outside yet. I have planted onion seeds inside. Usually I use sets but thought I would try to grow them from seed this year. Just as they started to grow tall enough to take the saran wrap off the top Ross pushed his new baseball down in one of the containers and buried screws in another so maybe I lost a few. It is nice to see the green growing again.

Patty you are amazing! All that you do. I have never hatched chicks to start them. We have always bought them as day olds. Cheri was saying that there is an ad on the local Craigs list and someone says buy your chicks locally they will hatch them for you for $6 a meat bird. WOW that sure is expensive. I wonder where some of these growers think people get that kind of money. The patio floor is bright and cheery. I like bright and cheery.

Penny, I am reading your post on page 235 to LInda and I guess I never put it together that you raised 5 children. I remember the twins but then it gets hazy. Then a hysterectomy at 22. You sure were busy.

I see Dianne giving Thelma advice on painting the cellar floor and now that she has mentioned it I do remember seeing someplace where someone ( I am so specific) did stencilling on the floor to make it look like a rug. I think Thelma that you could paint a patchwork quilt on the floor and make it look fabulous. Then we will all come and give both you and Patty backrubs for bending over so long painting floors.

Kathryn you sure have figured out how to post pictures from the internet and I am glad that you have given me a choice of dresses. Are any of them for tall gals. I am not prone to wearing high water dresses and most of the women in the early years were short. Maybe Ginny's great aunt would lend me her bloomers to wear underneath. I do not want to be left behind.
Now there I was so excited I mixed up the virtual tour posting with the IRL posting.

WOW Penny a 94! and three hours long to be a cashier. You are great.

OK so I have made it to page 237 and have seen how big the pictures I posted when I started on page 235 are. I am going to work on centering the pictures and reducing the size.

Glenda I am so so glad you are home and better. I can not imagine how nasty it was to have your stomach growing onto your lungs. I have good blood if you ever need it. I can fly down and hook up a tube as long as I do not have to look at it. It must be a tremendous relief to you to finally be home and in your own bed. Healing at home is so much nicer even if all of the people around you at the other place are kind. I bet the flowers are gorgeous outside your door.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page