beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  06:59:08 AM  Show Profile
I didn't partake in any of those oysters - I swear I saw one of them move. Holly, you were very brave to eat them, but not me...no snails either!! I'll stick to the potato skins and roast beef with all those veggies.
This morning the sky is a bit overcast and I think it may rain. Did anybody pack rain coats? Umbrellas? Oh dear. We may get a bit wet. Don't forget when we get to Maryland, I'll have beds ready for everybody. My husband has agreed to let you all stay here as long as we keep down the noise at night. He still works and needs his beauty sleep. I told him we'll spend most of the time out in my garden anyway, right <tee hee>.

I made Easter Eggs yesterday. Peanut butter, orange and lemon. Lots of chocolate!!

There's one for each of you.
Took me 3 hours to make those eggs yesterday. Can I count that as moving? I'll do 2 hours in garden today.

Welcome to our new girls!! The more the merrier. We are moving along up the East Coast. Although I think we should just keep going and going.....like the Energizer Bunny!!

I can't give blood. Even though I'd like to, I have a history of blood clots and I take blood thinners, so no donating for me. But if I could, I have B+.

Well, the garden is calling.

Later sisters.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  07:18:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message

Virtual tour, I don't do oysters either but love mussels in garlic and wine sauce...yummy....come on don't ya'll just love dancing in the rain....that is as long as no lighting...

Kathy, love the eggs, wow you are talented..and tell hubby that we will buy him ear plugs, you know we can get a little loud even when we whisper...lol

Oh about the blood, I'm A+....and I used to give blood when I worked for Lowe's, they came around on a regular bases...and I really enjoyed doing it....I almost died as a baby on a ship from Germany to USA. Some rare thing, no one knows why I was so sick...Momma said she though it was all the shots I had to have...anyway...all the soldiers lined up to give blood, they gave me a bunch, so I'm told...fever 105+ I say + because Momma said that my fever was so high that it broke the thermometer...so they packed me in ice..so I've always given blood...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  07:30:23 AM  Show Profile
Well, Penny, my nephew in Atlanta, has always called me Auntie M ( Marylyn )...and I am putting in an orchard and planning to sell produce, fruit, jams (made with MJ's Chillover Powder), homemade aprons & crafts, etc when everything gets in order and I started thinking about names for my venture....and Auntie M's Place seemed the perfect fit!!! I, too, love anything the Wizard of Oz....and there it was all along! Hehehe...so I figured I'd start using it here! Hehehe...

Auntie M
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  07:44:25 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Marylyn

Well, Penny, my nephew in Atlanta, has always called me Auntie M ( Marylyn )...and I am putting in an orchard and planning to sell produce, fruit, jams (made with MJ's Chillover Powder), homemade aprons & crafts, etc when everything gets in order and I started thinking about names for my venture....and Auntie M's Place seemed the perfect fit!!! I, too, love anything the Wizard of Oz....and there it was all along! Hehehe...so I figured I'd start using it here! Hehehe...

BTW, those Easter Eggs look delicious!!!
Auntie M

Auntie M
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  08:44:10 AM  Show Profile
Uh-oh--today I am on notepad so you are in for a novel. Going back a few pages.
I've never given blood and don't even know what my blood type is. I can't look at a needle without wanting to faint. All the years my babies had to have shots, I've had blood drawn, shots, etc, I've never looked. Close my eyes til its over. Early on I was diagnoised with hypoglycemia and was told they wouldn't take my blood whether or not that is true I don't know but it was good enough for me, however, I did fill out the paper that when I die they are to take anything and everything they can use so maybe I can make up for it then. Except I plan to wear everything out before I go. And if one of my loved ones needed blood I would be first in line to see if they could take mine. And that includes you, Holly. all you sistas. Actually I wouldn't mind having some of that wild woman Darlys' blood....it probably would give me some energy or maybe turn my hair red.

Kathy I truly love that picture of the hands. It really says it all. Thanks for posting that. Also, lucky you to have a sweet man who buys you dresses!! You can wear t-shirts under them, or lightweight long sleeved shirts over them, and be very stylish. and don't forget the hat!

This virtual trip has revealed some additional storytellers in our group - Ginny--who knew!! Darlys is the queen of story telling, I do have to cross my legs while reading her antics but several of you gals are not far behind. Holly you are going to be a walking encyclopedia on traveling the good old U S of A after this trip. And Thelma, when you have time to jump on for a minute it is always a treat. The YA YA Sisterhood's got nothing on us, huh? Kathryn, thanks for your sweet words. I do need to look into the holistic health a little more to try to stay healthy. You are right that surgery is a last resort but if your body does get to that point, thank God we do have some wonderful surgeons out there, I can not sing the praises loud enough for mine. I believe he saved my life. The thing is there is a place for all of it and we need to be careful that we don't make uninformed decisions, or follow advice from uninformed sources. My mom is bad about trying to practice medicine without a license because she reads all the books on how bad the meds, side effects, etc. She was telling me all sorts of things I should do to cure my stomach problems and made it worse. I finally said well why do we even have doctors if we can all just go read a book and do what it says. I said most anybody can write a book but not most anybody can be a doctor. Finally got her to stop telling me what to do. When I signed the consent form for the anesthesia, there was a list of things that could go wrong, including brain damage. Well, my brother's wife did get brain damage from general anesthesia for a routine gallbladder surgery. Should I then never get anesthesia? Of course not. Everything has side effects and one out of so many thousand people are going to draw the short straw, but we have to do what we have to do to take care of ourselves. People have car wrecks every day but I'm not going to stop driving. I go to my local health food store regularly and talk with the owner who is very knowledgeable about the natural approach to good health and I do follow a lot of her advice. I also go to my MD every year and get a physical and if I have an unusual pain that lasts for more than 2 weeks I go get the tests to find out what it is. Bottom line is we all need to be proactive regarding our health, both preventative, and getting adequate help when something does go wrong, which it does, because none of us lives forever. The one thing I will not do is give medical advice to anyone else. And by the way, guess what my hospital bill was (just hospital, no doctors etc.) $29,779.00. I was there about 24 hours. And we wonder why medicare is in trouble?

Welcome Karen, so glad you have joined us. And any other newbies I have probably missed if you've joined in the past few weeks.
Bunny, girlfriend, sorry for the loss of your XFIL. I remember from past posts he was ill and I know you cared a lot about him. You've had more than your share of crap to deal with too. My first MIL must have been your XMIL's twin sister! I believe what they had in common is a disease called jealousy.

My son studied and taught permaculture years ago before it had caught on. In fact that is how he ended up on the Big Island in the first place. I might write a little about that on my blog. Speaking of blogs, I went to Patty's blog to see if she had posted anything on how she is doing with her back, and if you haven't read her blog lately, you are in for a treat. That girl just continues to amaze me. It is such a treat and a wealth of information.
Nancy I haven't named my beautiful new dotee yet. Thank you so much also for your emails and encouragement. Love you, gf. I started a dotee and then got sidetracked and didn't finish it. story of my life.
Welcome Marylyn, hope you like it here and stay with us.
I went back a couple more pages and found you Debbie from Colorado--nice to meet you too, hope you stay with us but you will have to hang on tight because we are a fast movin group of grannies. I don't believe I know anyone else with the July 9 bday either, so we start right out with a common bond. Suzy from Florence, are you still with us?
I was looking for Debra E and don't see where she has posted recently? Hey Deb are you out there? How are you and hubby doing?
Thelma, any news on your health issues yet? Yes I think I have heard of people having their spleen removed and do fine. Please keep us up to date as much as you can.
Penny, I have heard you should not eat anything with poppyseeds before your drug test. No idea if its true or not.

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com

Edited by - doll58maker on Apr 05 2012 12:13:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  09:27:13 AM  Show Profile
Glad to see some new sista's here. Welcome! We are a fun bunch and although we haven't been arrested yet... anything can happen on our virtual trips. So Watch out!

Penny, glad you got the job! Don't worry about the drug test. There is probably a place to put down the drugs you take as many people are on some kind of medication.
Glad you got out on your bike and did a little shopping. Maybe things will get a little easier with your job bringing in a bit of scratch.

Kathy, so cool about those eggs. You are too good to us! We promise to be almost quiet on our trip to your house.

I only gave blood once and bout passed out. I was at my desk and on the way to the floor. I don't know my blood type but I am hypoglocimic so maybe that's my problem.

Glenda, My FIL didn't go to the doctor until it was too late. He kept going to an accupuncturist and holistic doctor not knowing why he felt so bad. Maybe if he had gone to a regular doc he would have found the cancer sooner any maybe done something about it. However, he was in his 80's so lived a good long life. I think MIL had something to do with the holistic medicine instead of the regular doctor. She has had lots of health issues over the years and probably didn't trust doctors anymore.

Well, have to cut it short. I have homework as usual. My classes are late today. 1:30pm for accounting and 6pm for my tax class. so fun! Trying not to stress about all the homework. I know I'll get a handle on it but I always worry the first week.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  10:45:34 AM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour ...

I practically fainted when Holly was chasing me around the restaurant with a shiny glob of an oyster attached to the end of her fork. Penny grabbed me and -- what is it with her and water? -- poured a glass of ice water on me.

THEN after the spoon on the nose competition and seeing who could get their wine glasses to "sing" the loudest by circling the rims with their fingers - and the whirling and twirling on the dance floor ... I guess I should have known better.... than to let Glenda pull me onto the stage so we could belt out Let Me Entertain You (from The Stripper) - while the musicians were playing Goodnight Irene. Then the sax man tried to hit on Glenda. She was so sweet telling him, so as to not hurt his feelings (he must have been in his late twenties), "Honey, you really are a bit too old for me." Nancy grabbed him, twirled him around, and said "But not too old for me!" (In all fairness, Glenda is still recuperating - cut her some slack.) I had to tell the drummer that I have shoes older than him.

In all fairness though ... when Ginny, Marylyn, Karen, Kathy, Dianne, Nancy, Debbie, Bunny and Holly and the rest started thumping around the floor pulling unsuspecting diners up to join in THE BUNNY HOP - and then playing Bump-A-Little-Rump until they all fell on the floor laughing ... Glenda and I looked pretty tame in comparison.

Who's feet are those sticking out from under the table? Roll Call! Nancy???? Is there someone under the table with you?

Oh, by the way, WELCOME, Marylyn ... I see you are already enjoying yourself. Nice feather boa! Bet that cute waiter is tickled! Naughty, naughty.

Where's Suzy?

I'm lost or are you lost? Where are we now? Hellooooo - anybody?

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Apr 05 2012 10:48:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  12:10:35 PM  Show Profile
Well, Bunny, you're right, we haven't been arrested yet but the way that Darlys is carrying on, it could happen any time. These redheaded women are so wild. Kathy i forgot to say earlier those eggs are beautiful. I lost so much weight lately and wish I could keep it off but too many temptations out there. first penny with her beautiful pretzels and then marianne and her chocolate, and now you.....what's a girl to do?? I might as well get my fat pants back out.

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page

Country Dreamer
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Karen
Lake Villa Illinois
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  4:17:20 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the welcomes! It sounds like you all had busy days. I worked today but I am fortunate to have tomorrow off to prepare a little for Easter. Kathy I sure agree your eggs are beautiful. I just do not have the patience to decorate like that. I made cookies from a mix the other day, bought at a Country, bulk food store owned by Mennonites in Wisconsin. I wonder.....the bulk mixes have quite a bit of preservatives and other chemicals in them...do you think Mennonite and Amish women care about the organicness (is that a word)of foods? Are many of you working? Hubby Larry and I want to get a place in Wisconsin with a few acres and some animals, the dream seems to be slipping away right now. We shall see>

I have only been to the east coast once. Would have to study quite a bit to join the tour. I do agree that Oysters would probably be flying somewhere if I was there with you, yuch.

Marylyn sounds like you have acreage. Your plans sound wonderful, with a lot of hard work. Anybody out there know how to spin. I have my wheel but it is harder than it looks.

Karen
Farmgirl #3975
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  5:31:10 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Karen, but not as much as you might think. My husband's family farm has dwindled down to a mere 27 acres. We have cattle, about 13 head, 4 goats, 6 dogs, and one kitty cat. Last year I had to help one of our nanny goats have her kids...it was triplets!!! I plan on building a chicken fence around one of our old sheds this spring and making a chicken house of the shed. Then I will buy a few chickens. I need fresh eggs!!!!! My dear husband gave me two acres of property and that is where I am putting in my fruit orchard. So far I have blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, peach trees, apple trees, and plum trees. Oh, I almost forgot pecan and walnut trees also!!!! Sitting in the middle is a nice shed...with drywall and insulation....that will be my little Auntie M's Place!!! It is so much work, but soooo worth it...thank you so much for asking!

Auntie M
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  6:04:03 PM  Show Profile
I have been so tired, by the time I get on here, I am too tired to post. Have not been sleeping very well lately. It has only been in the 40s here and very windy, so it even feels colder than that. I just cannot get out and do any yard work. I have done roughly 6 hours the last couple of days, so Holly can add that to our journey. I do hope by the time we get up north more that it is alot warmer than it has been here.
Welcome Karen and Marylyn. Join in the virtual trip. Hope to post more tomorrow.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  07:05:42 AM  Show Profile
OMGosh, girlfriends…I had this lovely post all set to go, and I'm sure there were many profound points in it too, right before I was ready to leave yesterday. Then, BAM! The power goes off; the whole of downtown Prague, that's where the office is, is completely blackened. ARRRRGGGG!! I just didn't have time to start over, either. Suffice it to say, after last night, I don't expect to be quite so profound. It doesn't happen all that often and I just don't think I can get it back today…

Holly, I moved Wednesday for about 2 hours, shopping for Passover. Then 6 hours yesterday, preparing everything…cleaning, cooking, chopping, leading (which is a lot of up and down, for me, anyway), then there is the wine. I didn't consume as much as my daughter, but it affects me differently too. Just a tiny little bit sends my body temperature through the roof; I turn bright red from the chest up and, boy, do I sweat! Phew! That should count, shouldn't it? My heart rate was up and I was really, truly sweating…lol Then there was all the animated talking and laughing afterwards, too. *chuckle*

You Gals, have gotten so far ahead of me; well, you're so far ahead of me in so many ways, and I'm not talking about age…lol You do way more and are so much more talented…you do things that I've only dreamed of doing. You do so much and I can barely make it to the office every morning. *heavy sigh* But I have to come every morning that I can…for 2 reasons now. First, so I can get my medical care ( for the newbies: I trade office care for medical care at my doctor's office) and secondly, so I can see what my girlfriends are up too; I have to have some means of living my dream, don't ya know…plus, I just love you all, that I just can't live without you, now. *tee hee*

There. Is that mushy and profound? I can't really tell. I think it's a good thing that I don't consume (for real) much in the way of alcoholic beverages very often…That, coupled with my usual lack of sleep, does not make a very good combination. *ha ha-yawn*

I will play catch up with reading all your posts, but I'm afraid I may not be able to catch up with my own posting today. *Yawn* I'll try, but I can’t make any guarantees, I'm afraid. *yawn* Love y'all.

Squashes and Hugs!

Kathryn

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  08:48:34 AM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour:
Whomever put up the tent last night, forgot to put the middle pole up, so half way through the night, the top caved in. So, we built a huge bonfire to keep us warm.
Then out came the lemonaid and we started telling scary stories and roasting marshmallows.
Suddenly from out of no where, Boy Scouts!! They put the tent up properly and made sure we had enough firewood and supplies for the night. After they left we kept the party going with the Scout Masters who stayed behind "just to be sure we were alright".
Well, Holly, Kathryn, Penny & Darlys, with those feather boas and long dresses on, swishing and swirling, did an amazing hoochie coochie dance that just kept us hooting and laughing for an hour or so, then the rest of us jumping up to join....I wish Glenda had not taken those videos of us. Then, as the fire burned down to embers, we crawled into our sleeping bags and slept the last couple of hours until sunrise. Then we all got up to see the sun come up over the trees.

After a huge breakfast of freshly caught trout, fried potatoes and scrambled eggs, we decided to just sit back and enjoy the morning with a cup of freshly brewed home grown tea. Hmmm. What a nice quiet morning. What can possible happen next?

Put me down for 4 hours today. Laundry, scrubbing floors, washing windows...general housekeeping and a little gardening.

Later sisters.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  3:48:05 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,
I cannot thank you all enough for all the lovely Birthday cards and greeting!
I haven't been on forums too much at all anymore due to quite a bit of things going on.
Yet, all of you 'hugged on me' via mail anyway!
I can't begin to express the joy and uplift I am still receiving in my mailbox!
God bless each of you dear ladies!! Farmgirls are a treasure always!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart

Edited by - prayin granny on Apr 06 2012 3:49:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  6:08:31 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Kathy I have heard that you fine warm evening weather is supposed to go very cold tonight. Cover all those delicate plants that have peeked out looking for the warm sunshine.

Bunny we had a woman here in town who did a sex change operation in Canada. Her x wife had a real hard time when she came out transgendered. I never knew her as a he so I just thought of her as a big woman. She loved to wear dresses and nylons. I could not understand that piece. Anyway she said she always pictured herself as a woman making love to a woman when she was having sex with her wife as a man. Her sons do not have any problem with it now. I do not know about when she first transitioned. You are good to not blame yourself for something you had no control over and to still try to maintain a relationship. It is sad to lose someone who is special even if you are not supposed to care anymore because of a divorce. Hugs to you.

In order to give blood there are a number of factors they take into consideration. They do put a drop of blood in a tank of blue liquid and if it sinks you have good iron. they now have a long list of questions to answer. I used to give blood every eight weeks and then the time to get in to actually give the blood increased significantly to like more than an hour and then the pump the blood that I just have not made that kind of time. I should. I am not sure how soon after surgery a person can give anymore. I am fifteen months out now so maybe I should ask. I do not know about hypoglycemia. Maybe it is a question. It is not a test. Sometimes they ask when you ate last and will feed me if it was too long before. I do not look.

The sun finally came out today. No baseball practice today! Ross and I played outside today.. He threw sticks into the pond and I took pictures. He likes to see them float away in their different forms. He has a running commentary with great story lines. I am trying to figure out ASA on my camera althought shooting pictures of the designs on the bottom of my pond with a bright sky reflecting in the surface probably was not the best choice of subjects. I look forward to seeing what the pictures look like on the computer.

I did three hours of moving today with barn chores and making bread and granola. I had a day like Nancy did a while back. I moved a lot because I was not organized in any way and walked back and forth far more than I had too.

Virtual Tour.

I am sure glad that everyone kept on the road while I was wandering aimlessly behind. Looking on the map now with the number of hours we have accumulated. Since our arrival in Highlands we still have 82 hours of moving logged. For that amount we will have traveled 246 miles. So, we are bound to Cherokee,NC to get on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It has beautiful views and beautiful flowers. We will be on it through the weekend. As you will see by the virtual website it is 418.8 miles and we will leave it in Virginia only a day or so from Kathy's house.

http://www.virtualblueridge.com/

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  6:26:18 PM  Show Profile
Good evening again,

I would like to thank Marianne and Kathryn for the nice FGOTM for April cards.

Ross is still standing next to me as I am slitting the envelopes with jack knife I am reading Marianne's card and he says Mama aren't you just surprised that someone sent you chocolate. Look Mama two pieces. Sharing is a good thing to do, right Mama.

Then I open Kathryn's envelope. Mama look at all those kisses. Wouldn't it be nice to shaaaarree those with a nice little boy. How many did you get. That is too many to eat all by yourself. When do you think you might eat them?

Kathryn also sent a nice piece of lace that is flowers.

I thank both of you for thinking of me and sending nice thoughts and chocolate to me.............and Ross.

Hugs to you both.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  6:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Virtual trip

I love the Smokey Mountains. When I was married to my ex we use to go on motorcycle trip there all the time...now there is a place outside of Cherokee that we ride too...it is a motorcycle camp ground. It is so much fun riding the mountains. My best friend and I went to Gatlinburg 4 times in one summer...that was always fun...but times have changed and I haven't been back in years. So I'm excited about Cherokee, I promise I will try to be good,.....worked out in the yard today...so put me down for 2 hours of moving....

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  04:17:33 AM  Show Profile
Dearest Farmgirls, I just want to thank you for the kind and warm welcome. And to also thank you for taking me along on your virtual tour!!! What fun I have had!! Dancing and having such fun!! Whew!! And now on to Cherakee, NC??? Wow, I haven't been there since my honeymoon 20 years ago...I am sooo ready! Since my last post my 'Sisterhood' has been approved, my MJ books are on their way, and so is my Chillover Powder' (I'm really excited about that!).

I do have a couple of questions and maybe one of y'all can tell me where to look to find the answers! First, are y'all reporting 'hours moved' for badges? And, and, well, heck, I can't remember the other one!!! Anyway, thanks for your acceptance and warmth!!!

Auntie M
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  05:37:54 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Marilyn. I am so glad you are joining us and especially happy that you will be on our virtual tour. It is so much fun so far. Wait until you have some of that lemonade that Darlys makes. And the girls whoop it up everywhere we go with the dancing and singing. We were really something in Savannah with our beautiful dresses, gloves, and hats. We sure did wow them there. You will really like the MJ books. I am still enjoying them and re-reading them from time to time and working on badges when I get the time. So many things to do here at MJ's. My best friends are here and I love them the most.

Holly put me down for 2 hours yesterday. I love what Ross had to say about your gifts of candy. So sweet of him to remember to be so good at sharing. It reminded me so much of when my son was a little boy. :)

Linda I am so happy that you are enjoying all the birthday cards. It is such a delight receiving all the greetings and feeling the warmth coming out of those envelopes. Isn't it fun?

Have a beautiful, blessed Easter girlfriends. God bless you all.

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  05:51:26 AM  Show Profile
Oh my!! You'll be here at my house in just a couple of days. I have so much to do. I have to clear away all the fabric on the bed in the spare/sewing room. I have to get clean sheets on the sofa bed and the futon. I really need to sweep, pick up, clear away....then there's all those blow up mattresses I'll need DH to blow up.

I'll have to move all the furniture to the walls so we can open up the floor so we can all take turns playing my new X-Box game "Star Wars" game. It uses the Kenect Sensor so your body is the controller. Daughter and I started using it yesterday and the dancing game is wonderful....the light saber duels are fun, but the dancing is way better.

Gotta stop talking and get busy. Oh dear, I'll cook that turkey and we can pick on it for a whole day.

I still have lots of greens growing in the greenhouse so we'll have lots of spinich and salad supplies.

I have some fish left and lots of potatoes.

Gosh, I'll have to warn the neighbors too. "HIDE YOUR MENFOLK"

I guess I'll have to take the motorcycle up to my house to get there before the rest of you.....see you soon ladies and don't forget your feather boas!!

Marilyn-don't forget that camera. I think you'll get some great pics of us all dancing with Princess Leia!!

Enjoy North Carolina and bring me some of those pecans if you didn't already eat them all.

Later sisters!!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  05:52:57 AM  Show Profile
PS - how do I find out where everybody's birthdays are? Is there a place to look? I don't know.
Thanks.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  06:34:57 AM  Show Profile
Wow, I just had the most awesome idea...how 'bout I bring my '64 impala convertible??? Anyone wanna ride with me? Well, if that's too modern I do have a 49 Chevy dump truck....any riders....hey, who's leading this convoy anyway???? Look out Kathy here we come!!!!

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  10:50:22 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, sounds like we are going to have a barrel of fun at your house. Maybe we should have a Starwars party and dress up.
Holly put me down for 3 hours. I did lots of work in my sewing room yesterday.

I had a wonderful day yesterday. Started off getting ahead on some accounting homework then cut out 2 aprons. I always test a pattern with fabric I'm not too fond of from my stash. The aprons are looking pretty good from such icky fabric. It's really not that icky, just not my style. It is very pastel with light blue, pink and gold. I'll try to take a picture when they are done. They are reversible. I did pink on one side with blue pockets and blue on the other with pink pockets. If they come out ok... and looks like they are, I'm thinking of making up a bunch for the farmers market here in town. Not sure how I'll do, it isn't a very busy place. At least never is when I go. I figure it will be a good opportunity to get out and meet more people and also advertise my pet sitting business.

Holly, your son sounds cute..So polite ;)The thing with my X was a big deal at the time. It was like the person I married died. It has been hard on the kids but I have always tried to keep us together as a family. I just have to focus on the person and not what the person looks like. We were always great friends and still have lots in common. There have been plenty of bumps but on the whole I think we all handled it pretty well. My older son's feeling are "this is the only dad I get" "So if I want a dad I have to deal with it". Funny thing is when people ask me if he/she prefers men or women I tell them He is a lesbian. That gets some puzzled faces but also a laugh. If you can't laugh... how better to deal with it.

Well, I get to sew again today. Then big grocery shopping as the cupboards are a bit bare. Later All.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  4:15:04 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Sexuality is such a strange phenomenon. Years ago when the Welcoming Congregation was a program at the Unitarian Universalist Church my partner and a friend of ours did the teaching. There was a woman who was in her late 70's who said I guess this is who I have been all my life and not had a word for it. I had a graduate class in Multicultural Vermont and we were encouraged to present topics in different media. I interviewed two male friends of mine on their high school years and when they recognized they were gay. One hid it until he was 32 , all the time he knew he was different and still did not fit in. The other knew he was a gay man but knew no one else until he was in college. The second had been physically abused and sexually abused by his classmates. His mother has always loved him. He has a respectful relationship with his father. One of the professors said to me after viewing the video, you know I am trying to work out a relationship with my wife so I can come out. A woman down the road came out two years ago at 39. she has four children and an ex husband who abandoned his family for a woman 20 years younger. She asked, why didn't I know this earlier? Add being born in the wrong body and how much harder is that. The woman who used to live in our town transitioned when she was in her late forties. Bunny, your ex is brave to transition it is not an easy task and you are compassionate to remember the person in all the pain. You are right, laughing is a good thing.

Kathy you need to email Penny about the birthdays. Send her your birthday and she will send you the list. Marilyn this is you as well.

I moved four hours today. Folding laundry, and barn chores mostly. I was on my feet all morning.

We colored eggs today. We use hard boiled white eggs and permanent magic markers to color on them. They are very bright and cheery. We have plastic eggs to put candy in to put outside. The wild things do not seem to bother the plastic eggs like they do the real eggs.

The mail just came up to the house and there was a wonderful envelope in it for me all the way from Florida. Our wonderful Nancy sent me a Dotee doll. It has yellow hair like mine used to be. Ross hugged it and said, Mama this is really soft. There was also a hand decorated card that has a bright and cheery flower on the front. Nancy is also the initiator of the sock monkey purse that passes from FGOTM to FGOTM. It is silly and warm. When life settles a little I will put up the pictures. Thank you very much, Nancy.

Virtual Trip,

I think those of you who have really been to Cherokee and on the Blue Ridge Parkway should lead us along. I was on a short piece of it more than 20 years ago and remember the rhododendrons and that driving it was like walking on a tightrope. It was barely two lanes and if you missed you would go over the edge to the valley below . Lead on ladies lead on.

Marilyn, I think this is a board specific virtual tour. I think that we have not arranged for a badge for it just improved health and a good time. I set the travel agenda with input from the girlies. The good times are created by all of us together.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  5:36:33 PM  Show Profile
Daughter and I colored Easter Eggs today with white eggs and just plain old food coloring & vinegar. They came out bright and perfect.

Husband & are working on my rose arbor. We're making it out of old pvc pipes. I'll have to post a picture when we get it done.

Holly, thanks for the heads up on the weather forecast. We got everything covered and safe. My greens are doing really well. I am so glad. I miss my greens. Of course being on blood thinners, I can only eat dark green leafy vegetables sparingly.

Happy Birthday to everybody old (wow, did that come out wrong) and welcome to everybody new.

Sorry, I've just been overwhelmed and crazy lately. But we are ready for your visit. Maybe we can all dance over to DC and have a day at the Smithsonian Museums for a visit. You know, there are many parts to the Smithsonian's. Check it out:
http://www.si.edu/

Goodnight sisters..Later.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page