Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  10:48:38 AM  Show Profile
Yea for you Penny! So glad you got the job. Hope you get the Pizza Hut job too. I bet it will make a big difference in the finances.

I haven't had much to report lately so have been quiet. Having much fun on the virtual tour though. Holly put me down for 5 hours of movement for this week. I have been sewing, parking on the back 40 for school and taking the stairs there too.

I can't even think about keeping up with everyone.

Glenda, take your time getting better. Have you tried meditation? I found it helps when I'm feeling really lousy and I start out with just thinking of all the things I'm thankful for then just try to quiet my mind for awhile.

Sorry but I'm not going to participate in the fabric swap. I have about 7000.00 worth of leftover fabric from my quilt shop and just don't need anymore! I need to find ways to make money with what I have. I'm working on some apron patterns for a farmers market I'm thinking about getting a booth this summer. We'll see if I can keep the procrastination bug away.

Well, off to do homework with a friend. Later all!

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  10:55:56 AM  Show Profile
YIPEEE!!! Penny, that is so great! Yay! I'm so happy for you! Now we'll pray for PH to come on board with our plans and we're all good. Woo-hoo!

Glenda, don't worry, "where there's a will, there's a way," right? It was as much for me as it was for you. This is me, and sometimes, I've just got to be me or sink into a vat of depression. I haven't been able to do the things that God put in me to do and to love, be cause I don't have money. Well…, maybe I don't have money, because I do not do these things… It's not living; it's just existing and I'm so sick of just existing. I hate feeling that I'm just taking up air and space to no good purpose. I hate not being able to lift a friend's spirits because I have no money; so I thought, "To heck with it!" and if I suffer because of it then…well…, you and the other girls are worth it to me, sooo, there! *giggle* That's me thumbing my nose at my "existence" *giggle*

Sorry, Marilyn, my weather will, no doubt, come at you, once it's finished here. Just be ready for, okay? I don't think my car can make it there to dig you out and I wouldn't get there in time walking…lol

Well, I had my SSDI ordered x-rays yesterday. They copied them onto a disc, so I could bring it for the Doc to look at. He said they were done very well; they didn't do anything that is supposed to done to get good shots. They only did my hips and knees. Doc said it was hard to see much form the angles and the lack of proper prepping, but it looks like I have no cartilage in my left knee and very little left in my right. My left hip is completely compressed and if the little bit of my spine that was showing is a true and accurate shot, then it's a miracle that I am still walking. Nice, huh? I suppose, though, they'll still deny me; they have for well over 10 years, why break the chain now… *heavy sigh*

VIRTUAL TOUR

Darlys! Janie! Holly! Penny! Anybody! Where is everyone? It's sooo dark in this passenger car. Ouch! Who left this trunk in the middle of the floor? Ouch! Someone's hat is in this chair I fell into and there is a monstrous pin in it. Oh, I hope I didn't ruin somebody's hat.
Ooooo! Who are you? Oh, What? The girls are all riding up on top the train? Without me? Are you sure? Yes they're all wearing feathered boas…They're really all up there? All of them? Nice pony tail…Will you help me get up there? Whoa, watch those hands, baby doll...

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  10:57:04 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Holly, I only did an hour and a half yesterday; these storms kill me.

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  11:30:15 AM  Show Profile
Well, Kathryn, it sure was sweet of you and I appreciate your thoughtfulness.
I am glad to see you back, Bunny, have been missing your posts. Hope your online fabric sales are going well for you.
I am going to Austin today so will be off for a few days.
Sure hope the dreadful weather skips me, we do need rain again but sometimes it's not worth the bad storm damage that comes with it. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

P. S. Yea, Penny---I knew it would happen - I bet you get the other job too-----way to go, girlfriend I am so proud of you.

Edited by - doll58maker on Apr 13 2012 1:46:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  11:31:53 AM  Show Profile
kathyrn, we didn't mean to leave you out of the top of the train ride but you were looking kind of busy with "you know who" and we didn't want to bother you. It's so beautiful riding here on top but Daryls and Holly were playing catch with the lemonade and my boa blew away but penny gave me one of her extra ones! what a gf! we are all excited about reaching our destination soon and want to be able to change into our " appropriate" fun wear. I really like the tower hat and i might have to keep borrowing it for awhile! if you don't mind that is...
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  11:47:07 AM  Show Profile
WooooWhooo...Penny!!! Good things are coming your way!!!

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  1:06:36 PM  Show Profile
Holly, you can put me down for about 4 hours since I was last on. Now that it's been nice here I've been walking home from work. At $4.09 a gallon of gas I can't see my DH having to drive me 1 1/2 miles at noon time! Besides, with a daughter's wedding sometime this year or early next, I need to walk!

Virtual Tour

When we arrive in Portland Maine we have to get off the train and either take a bus to Bangor and be picked up by DH or fly to our little airport. There isn't any public transportation to my town. You girls decide and let me know as this day progress's. Me, I'm going to start getting ready for all of you! Can't wait!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  1:07:11 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Age is just a number ladies, I will be 61 in July, and also a cancer survivor. Went to college with my children and became an LPN at 52.I have worked at the same nursing home for 8 years and have a wonderful extended family, even though the work can be very taxing at times the rewards are well worth it!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  3:01:49 PM  Show Profile
Yay, Penny! Happy Dance for you!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  4:38:47 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Sondra and /Roxanne! Jump right in and join us!

Congratulations Penny!! So happy to hear of your job windfall!

Janie will keep you in my prayers as well as Glenda, her brother, Patty, Janet, and who else?

I am so happy today! It's finally nice here and should be for our entire three day weekend! Monday is a holiday for New England, it's called Patriot's Day. Maybe I can get my seedlings into that chuck wagon of mine!

Also, I thought I'd share a picture of my furry family. We are down to only two boys now, we had to put Arty to sleep last fall. I sure do miss him. Anyway, the gray one is Pewter the cat, the black one is Oggie the bunny.

Virtual Tour - I forgot to tell you ladies, we need our passports to go over to Campobello Island.

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  5:13:33 PM  Show Profile
Yea Penny!! <happy dance> Knew you could do it!! <<more happy dancing>> Well, if you get the Pizza Hut job too, we'll be dancing all over the top of this train..

As is it, we're playing leap frog from front of the train to the back. Then swinging around the ladder bars and playing hopscotch back to the front. I sure am glad the train goes this slowly or else we'd all probably fall off.

By the way, the conductor asked me to remind 'some of you ladies' to remember that all that jumping and cartwheel-ing we're doing is sometimes showing off our colorful bloomers!! Somebody lost the ribbons on theirs a few miles back....also, I'm moving up a bit closer to the front. I keep getting feathers from those boas that are blowing around.

Keep remembering to duck when we go through those tunnels or under those overpasses.

I see somebody squashed my tall hat. Oh well, it was only made out of paper. Maybe I can get another one in Maine.

I did about 4 hours of moving today. We planted mint & clovers for the deer and bunnies that love roaming around our little 2 acres. We moved some old fireplace brick away from the house - they're a bit covered with creosote so we'll be using them to back up the cement for the garage we're building - someday. Figure if we mortar them all together then cover them all with cement, they'll make a pretty strong back wall.

That's it for tonight sisters. Later!!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  5:18:39 PM  Show Profile
FOR THE FABRIC SWAP:

Email me your favorite color pallet. I'll also need to know your online name so I know who you are.
1 yard of fabric. Cleaned, ironed, folded & stuffed into an envelope then sent to your partner.

Only one yard, only one partner. Only once.

Thanks sisters.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  5:31:10 PM  Show Profile
Hey Holly ... I claim 7 hours since I last checked in. Maybe more ... but maybe not. Am pulling stuff together to go to Oakhurst now. Been busy all week. Got a fabulous package from Patty and am still fondling the precious little art decoupaged eggs that I need to ask her "from whence came the base (the egg itself)?" One day soon, I hope, I'll get some pictures that will post.

Weather here has been different! I guess there were 4 or 6 simultaneous lightning strikes on the Bay Bridge last night. We actually saw lightning and had some magnificent (rare) thunder rumbles here in Cupertino as well. Rained off and on today. It's going to be chilly in Oakhurst but our friends are going over to turn on the heat (right about now).

Hey Bunny! Check in when you can. We've got you on the train, babe. Boa, kitten heels, and all.

Penny - I am so pleased for you! Of course, we all knew you were a shoo-in. I just know Jim is happy, too. Now, if you actually WANT Pizza Hut to offer something, I would expect they will be thrilled to get you. Lazy me - I would say one job is enough - gotta have time to be at home to do the things that feed your soul.)

Marylyn - Your ladies picnic gathering sounds absolutely enchanting! We will have to parachute you in on the designated picnic date as, until then, you will be having the time of your life "living the thrilling stories" to entertain them all with upon your return.

Sondra .. Welcome! I had actually done a proper welcome a couple of nights ago when my computer decided to flat out shut down to update something and, of course, I lost what I had so meticulously written -- so I wound up giving this amazing communication device the raspberries and left it for 2 days! (I think it was 2 days - hard to tell sometimes.) Hi to you, too, Roxanna. I hope you will enjoy our antics. We have a great virtual time over here. And you are now "on board!"

Kathryn! Those sound like extreme X-rays. How on earth do you romp with the g-kids and do yoga, and all the rest, gf?!!!!! You best take care of yourself.

Glenda, my gypsy, I hope you had a fabulous time dying fabric ... and, Nancy, did you fancy the fun in Savannah, honey?

VIRTUAL TRIP:

Some of us are actually not on top of the train doing cartwheels, etc. So - not our bloomers. Glenda, Holly, Nancy and I all got together and sweet talked the conductor into letting us "drive" the train. Well, in truth, Glenda let some of that sexy Texan drawl slide out, batted her fake lashes and charmed him until he was no more than a puppy dog eating treats from her beautifully manicured hand. Holly, poured him a cup of our lemonade and, well - hold onto your hats and boas, gfs - here we go! Marianne keeps pulling that emergency stop cord and that's why you all are getting bounced around so mightily. Ginny is blowing kisses and waving bye-bye to the folks standing on platforms who, apparently, think the train will stop for them. Dianne! Isn't it just a bit over the top to use that red thong for a slingshot?! I know the elastic has a nice snap to it and all ... but ... oh, well. Farmgirls will be Farmgirls. No! Kathryn! Don't stand up! No! Whew. Help her slide through that open window, gals. The potty is at the end of the car (INside)- not OVER the side! Where's Kathy? Oh, there she is - now she has someone's black 6 inch stiletto with a ribbon looped through the straps tied to her head. Clever. who's missing a stiletto? Thelma? Sondra? Karen? Janiee? Roxanna? Oh, Roxanna - I'm sure Kathy will return it - eventually.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Apr 13 2012 5:45:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  10:08:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh my, oh my, I'm so happy about my job and thank you all for your love, prayers and support...now on to the fun...

I need to know who's bra this is? It is pink and white and my oh my LARGE, so fess up...who lost it? I caught it as it blew by my head....the wind is pretty strong on the top of this train, but I know it is because Glenda is driving....Hannnnnngggggg on, here we goooooooo!!!! I am loving the stars above us and the sound of the trains horn...magicalllll...I say just magical.... Where is Thelma, Roxanna and Janiee...I haven't seen any of them in a while....please tell me they aren't hiding with the "ponytail guys" Hey Sondra...is this your bra? Or maybe it is Darlys'? Oh well I have it around my head and going to use it as a double barrel slingshot if know one claims it.. Nancy is that you, Glenda and Holly on that other car...it's so dark I can't tell? Kathy, don't loos Roxanna's shoe. If you do she won't be able to dance that dance from Saturday Night Fever that she is so good at... Kathryn, give me that lemonaid...you bout got your head taken off when you stood up, didn't you see that tunnel...???? Dang girl....Kathy, get over here, and stop hanging over the side...dang girls you make me nervous getting that close to the edge...Ginny you sure are flirting alot tonight, who is that? Oh my I see now...dang I would flirt too...Holly, pass the lemonaide...quit hogging it all...dang...what do you mean it is empty....can't be....no, not now....oh, so who's turn is it to get more.?? Not mine, I got the last batch....must be Dianne's...ok Dianne,,,,ohhhhhh Dianne...yoohoo, Dianne...where did she go.???Darlys, have you seen Dianne? Dang....guess I'm off to get the lemonaid AGAIN....oh I don't mind...but don't blame me if there is only half left when I get back....payment for having to go get it AGAIN...later gators...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#

Edited by - Acelady02 on Apr 14 2012 08:36:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  05:43:36 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, Sistas! Still cloudy here;however, I believe the storms are traveling North of me...whew!!! It is still quite warm here for early morning. It is in the 60's at 7 a.m. And supposed to climb into the upper 70's!

Virtual Trip

Hold on, Marylyn, there is no chance that anyone can hear you....here I am flying at the end of the train! I drank some lemonade, slipped on a pink bra and here I am holding on for dear life!!! Eeepppsss!!! Okay, I've got a foot hold now...hold on....there now I am back on top of the train! Where is everyone at? I can hear the shrieks of laughter...oh, there everyone is, just a couple of cars ahead! No more of that lemonade for me!!! Well, at least I didn't lose my boa and hat...shoot, they wouldn't even recognize me if I had lost those!! Wll, maybe they would, I do still have my denim jacket on with my new Farmgirl patch sewed on the back. "hey, girls,,,yhoooo...wait for me!!!! And grab that guy with the ponytail and hold him for me!"

Y'all have a wonderful day!

Love and light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  09:31:43 AM  Show Profile
*virtual tour*
Hi all, I've been up with the conductor...wink wink... he let me sound the horn a few times. Soooo fun! Always wanted to do that. He said you girls better settle down or he'll put you all in the caboose!
I'm afraid I don't have my passport so I'll have to stay behind on the trip to Campobello... sorry. I'll keep myself busy just you wait and see... make sure you save bail money just in case. With no chaperone no telling what kind of trouble I can get myself into.

Today is beautiful outside! However, I will probably take the day down in the basement sewing. I spent yesterday doing homework and need a reward. Tomorrow will be an all day homework day again.
Glenda, I'm afraid my fabric sales dried up after my farmgirl rush. I really need to work harder at marketing myself. I started out putting more fabric online and then in true ADD fashion, got side tracked. Too many projects! If you saw all the little clear bags I have of crochet flowers???? I still don't have them online. I finished one of the scarves I was going to attach flowers to, but have I done it... no! I sewed two aprons instead. So scattered. Now I'm making fabric postcards for a swap I do with another group. Oh to be financially independent. I don't need to be rich, just have enough money so I can create all day instead of worrying where the next dollar is going to come from. Bah!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I bet a few of you will be out in the garden :)

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  10:04:42 AM  Show Profile
Just a quick note for now. I want to thank all of you for the great birthday wishes and all the cards and goodies that were sent to me. You girls made my birthday one of, if not the best birthday ever. Thank you all.Penny, congratulations on the job!!!! I am so happy for you, I know how hard you tried.
Holly, put me down for 5 hours yesterday. I will not be able to go to Campobello either, no passport here either. I really should get one, since we are only a couple hundred miles from Canada, may be a time we want to go through there.
Will try to get on later,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  10:19:25 AM  Show Profile
Greetings, Sisters!!! I just have a quick question that I am sure can be answered by someone. On the left-hand side of this page where our names our...mine says 'Farmgirl at heart' ( that I understand ) what does have me puzzled, and I have looked, is what does the different colored stars mean and the amount of stars mean? I am sure it is a reasonable and understandable explanation, but could someone give it to me?

Curiously Perplexed,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  10:21:54 AM  Show Profile
Sorry....'Farmgirl in Training'....in meant. Oooppppsss!

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  10:31:35 AM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour - Ok I have gone missing and I am not telling you where I am. It would be useless trying to find me. No I am not with a ponytail - I have Santa so need no one else. giggle About those steps - I loved it. When I got to the top I felt just like 'Rocky'. Keep your eyes peeled for a zipline.

I have kept muself busy this past week. I want to go out and play, but it is damp and chilly! We had 2 nights of frost then a nice 2 day rain. Today everything is beautiful. Verigated hostas and rain greened grass can be seen from every window. Sigh Holly put me down for 6 hours since I last reported. I'll try to do better at reporting daily.

Welcome to our 2 new gals. Sondra, who cares how old you are. Someone has to be the oldest, Right?

Janie - I am waiting to hear about your four legged, furry companion. Is the dog going to be all right?

Bunny - I have been thinking about your fabric sales. I attend 2 events a year where quilters gather. One is a shop hop and on is just a special day at a quilt shop. There are always fabric venders in parks or other locations close to the quilt shops. I often buy more fabrics from the tables than I do from the shops. Also when we go to Pella, IA to the annual tulip festival there are many crafters who sell not only their crafts, but extra supplies as well. If you have time why not set up a table or two at an event in an area where your old customers gather. You can maybe unload some fabrics that way, and network with people who quilt. I would buy from you if you were closer!

Glenda - I would love to see your dying projects. My SIL uses lots of felted wool in her craft and sewing projects. She finds good wool garments at used clothing stores. She shrinks them in boiling water in her washer. She then uses kool-aid to dy them the colors she wants. She has some very nice colors to choose from. I don't think she uses these on any washable projects. She sure has fun! When I go to 'gently used' places I never find anything made with wool, or I don't remember to look.

Those of you who use pinterest please be careful. I know 6 people including myself who got viruses by opening sites on this web site. Now I just browse the pictures and if I want to make something I just figure it out. Craftgawker can wipe out a computer too. Think of the thousand of people on these sites at one time. Makes sense to be careful.

I need to get moving. this biddy hen and her rooster are going to help their GD celebrate her 14th birthday today. We are going to stop at an open hous for a new leather goods store on the way. TAA TAA chickie poos. Enjoy your weekend!

Edited by - Thelma on Apr 14 2012 10:44:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  11:03:49 AM  Show Profile
Hey Marylyn ... I've never asked but I'm pretty sure that you move to different designations depending on how many times you have posted on the forums. However, I THINK you only get credit for one post per day on EACH thread. Because I've posted 3 or 4 times in one day here and discovered the post tally stayed at the first one until the next day. I see you've gone from Farmgirl at Heart to Farmgirl in Training. I don't have a clue where the "bump-up" occurs. Also, it looks like once you get to True Blue Farmgirl, you just get an additional star at some (unknown) designated point.

There you have it ... the proverbial blind leading the blind.

Virtual Tour;

did you say we are flying into Machias in TWO planes and a glider? Okay - but just remember, I called shotgun in one of them. (The one being flown by that guy with the ponytail.) Thelma, Marianne, Dianne and Nancy called dibs on riding in the glider.

My passport expired - I have to renew it. I may wind up in jail with Bunny and Janet if I don't get it back in time. They are NOT going to have all the fun! I gave Ginny my plastic to cover bail. And,being aware of Bunny's "ability to wreck havoc," we may have to pay for more than bail.

No movement yet today, Holly - Am in Oakhurst and in my pjs. Lordy, I'd best get dressed - it's 11 o'clock!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  12:47:46 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Darlys...it's a little bit clearer than mud now!!!!! Hehehe...but I get the gist.

Much appreciation,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  7:54:39 PM  Show Profile
Good evening. I sure hope this finds everyone well. Just dropping by. I see loads of new gals! :) Welcome everyone, this is such a fun group.
Well, I did get a cortisone injection in my back and it does seem to be doing alot better. Some discomfort, but at least I can walk. 3 ruptured disc and bone spurs. No wonder I was in so much pain. Now I am having a new issue with blood pressure. When they got ready to give me the injection my BP was 190/110. They said. "WHOA...we can't give you an injection with your BP so high". I responded in a nasty tone "Well, I am in ALOT of pain...no wonder the BP is so high." So I laid down and after a bit, it did go down to 153/97. Enough that I could get the injection. The last 2 days my BP has been high and I could not get it to go down. So this AM I ended up in the ER for safety measures. After several test and monitoring they did give me some BP meds and sent me home. I will go back this week for a stress test. They managed to get it down to 140/89 and then decided that the dr thought I might be having congestive heart failure and he ordered additional testing. So I stressed and my BP went back up to 171/91 in minutes. No congestive heart failure, so I am home and feeling better with the meds in me. The dr does suggest that it could be the back issues causing the BP to elevate. But I do have plenty of family history of heart disease. I guess it is just my turn.
We have had plenty of rain the last 2 days. I saw on the news that there are warnings for tornados all across the country. So those of you in harm's way, take cover. I will say a prayer for those tonight.
I didn't go after produce this week, but had a friend fill in for me. She brought me home a case of cabbage for sauerkraut. So I did manage to get it cut up and put in the crock. She paid $3 for the case of cabbage. What a deal! I ended up with 30lbs. I already have 35 lbs fermenting in a crock now.
Well, I have lots to catch up on here. Take care everyone.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  9:02:09 PM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour

When we landed at the airport we walked over to my place & David had the lobster pot on, the newspaper covering the tables, and the trash cans sitting next to them for our lobster feast. Typical lobster feast is lobster, steamers (mussels), corn on the cob, red potato, and cole slaw. It's really messy, hence the bibs!

After we pig out, I thought we could check out our one and only local watering hole, The Thirsty Moose. Then we will head out to the beach house and get a good night's sleep. We will start tomorrow by going on a Puffin Tour which will also allow you to see whales, eagles, dolphins, seals, razorbills, common murres, arctic terns, & puffins of course! Here's a quick video of Puffins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hps5ZNCxIWU

After the tour we can be dropped off on Campobello Island and we can go see FDR's summer home.

And we can see your first lighthouse, East Quoddy Head which is on Campobello Island.

BTW, the last man to live at East Quoddy Head lighthouse as the lighthouse keeper is a friend of mine.

From there we need to sneak back into the USA, so we can enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

Edited by - Oggie on Apr 14 2012 9:05:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2012 :  3:20:37 PM  Show Profile
FOR THE FABRIC SWAP:
-----------------------

I'm sorry if this is confusing to you, but it was confusing to me. I asked that people email me with their screen name so we would know who they were.

If you didn't email me, I didn't get your information.

That being said, here are the names I got....sorry, I do not have all their screen name, I guess we'll have to play another game in finding our partners.

I put all names into a bowl and my daughter is pulling the out as I type.

Only 8 people emailed me, so I will step out of the swap. Here we go:

Darlystippie and Kathryn
Nancy (nlwitko@sbcglobal.net) and Ginny Brown
beachymom and Thelma Adams
Auntie M (Marylyn Roark) and CountryDreamer

Contact your partner. Hopefully, they are some of our usually cohorts and you can find them here, otherwise, I guess you could check under members.

I'm really sorry this ended up like a train wreak. I just wanted to have a little fun.

I hope you do have fun and can find your partner.

Most people emailed me from this forum so I didn't get their info or they didn't send me their on screen name.

I'm sorry if you mentioned on this forum that you'd like to join in, but didn't email me as requested.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Edited by - beachymom on Apr 16 2012 2:57:18 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page