darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2012 :  10:53:06 AM  Show Profile
It's going to be a another lovely day - but a bit on the cool side. It's only supposed to get to the mid-60s here today -- and then the weather guessers say we are in for a loooong warm-up. Right now we are only at 50% of normal for rainfall - so it wouldn't hurt to have a bit more. But we are not in danger of drought so I'm ready for some toasty time. I love weather in the 80s.

I hope the ugly weather in the middle of the country bypasses everyone and that you are all safe.

Holly, put me down for 4-1/2 hours yesterday. Did some "extra" housecleaning since it was nice enough to have all the windows open. And did 3 loads of laundry ... plus some ironing. Egads! Does that sound borrrring, or what! I was sure tired late day, though.

Hey! I didn't know we had to make something with the fabric exchange either. I actually, really have a lot on my plate right now and don't know that I'm going to be able to make that happen. I've got a yard of upscale fabric washed, ironed and ready to go, though. Just have to get it in the packaging to send.

As for being in high gear, I may be MIA occasionally for a bit, gfs - but I'll be around as much as possible. After all, Holly needs for me to have her back when you girls get overly rowdy. She picked me for her lieutenant as I am so quiet and reserved and sensible.

The nice surprise I had yesterday was a long call from one of my (many) favorite grandsons. David is in the Marines and in Japan right now. He's been deployed for about a year and will be home in June and will get a few weeks of leave in July. While we were talking he e-mailed me some pictures ... and sent me a poem he had written for me. - "My grandma is small but mighty .... with a heart full of love". Etc. (Isn't that sweet?) Then he 'suggested' that I send him some lemon bars, banana bread and chocolate chip cookies.

Another grandson (in Minnesota) also called and informed me that I'm going to be a great-grandma again. His first. We are having a baby girl in September. Hmmmm .... a Virgo in the Year of the Dragon!

Speaking of Gr-G-Kids ... we are off to Jackson on Friday night for Gr-GDs 2nd birthday party on Saturday. We are going to hang out around there, being touristy on some of the backroads, for the weekend and come home Sunday night.

Yet another GS will be coming home from Argentina and landing on my doorstep (flying into SFO) for his brother's graduation from OSU in June. And, then, DS will be getting his music degree in June as well.

Virtual Tour:

I am so jazzed about us winning the door prize at L.L. Bean! I got a new jacket, 3 pair of jeans, 4 sweaters, 3 denim shirts, 2 hats, sunglasses, a field watch, a couple of tee shirts, socks, some stuff for DH, and a bunch of souveniers ... and I still have close to $20 left! I am so thrilled with my stuff. I did see Marylyn attaching a "Please Kick Me" sign to the rear of that moose just as we were leaving. Marylyn, you are SO busted! Did you think that "please" would change the message much?

I enjoyed the flight into the Machias airport more than you know! The curly-haired, sweet smiling, hunky pilot turned the controls over to me. He said something about me being a 'controlling popsy' and I might just as well fly the thing. So HE rode shotgun instead of me! You gfs enjoy the ride? How about those twirlies and barrel rolls, Thelma? Wheeeee

The lobster feed was so good! I'm still full. But, when Nancy was trying to get the lobster claw out of her shoe and bumped her head, the claw shot out with an audible squirt and got tangled in Penny's hair. Something very sticky was going on and the butter wasn't working for "release" - so we had to cut out a small chunk of that gorgeous red mane, claw and all, and Holly braided what was left of that shortened chunk and it looks very fetching with Ginny's green shoelace tying it off. It looks like it was done on purpose. Still long hair but with a "feature."

And Nancy is just fine except that she keeps swatting everyone on the butt and laughing hysterically.

The sand maiden has been preserved for (possibly) eternity as Marianne looked up and noticed that Google was updating it's Google Earth pictures and flew over just as we finished up. Come to think of it, our sandy behinds and tousseled tresses are likely google-able on that beach, too.

Must get going, gfs.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Apr 17 2012 11:09:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Country Dreamer
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Karen
Lake Villa Illinois
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2012 :  4:33:31 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening Sisters, The kids at school were crazy today. It has been like a full moon all of April. Getting close to the end of the year for the kiddo's and their nurse. I sat by my computer all evening yesterday. Next to no activity for me....

Thanks to Auntie M for her email. I am excited about looking for fabric and making something. There are so many great websites with tons of ideas. Does anyone know if you can look at all the posts on one page? It would really be great to pick a spot to start reading and not have to keep changing pages. Well it would be nice for a computer lazy person such as myself.

I cannot believe that no Sister has mentioned LL's Wellie warmers to go with your new boots. They are just wonderful, with fleece socks and a knit cuff to go over the boot. No cold wellies hitting bare legs on a rainy day. Check them out they are great.(I think they would be easy to make) I already have boots from Fleet/Farm so all I got from the door prize was a new spring jacket. I am really glad to see you girls enjoying the unexpected cash. Til tomorrow>>>>>>>>>>

Karen
Farmgirl #3975
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2012 :  6:07:24 PM  Show Profile
Good evening girly girls! I finally had a good day today. I hope I didn't over do. I ran errands this morning while little Lily was at the groomer and then this afternoon I was able to walk 2 miles on gravel in the wind. This is the first time I was able to walk that far in over 8 weeks! Whoo hooo!

Some of you gals are worrying to much about the fabric swap. If you don't want to sew right now just contact your partner and tell her. No one is holding anyone to anything that causes stress. Also some gals just collect fabric and don't want to cut their stash up. Anything goes when you are a farm chick giggle

Mother nature is teasing us isn't she? Almost bought some more rosebushes today, but I am going to wait. I am already babysitting 2 bushes. Reports say frost again Friday night.

LL BEAN money was great. I got a few Christmas and birthday gifts for family members. I explained to the clerk that I was a weight watcher and didn't want to buy clothes until I reached my goal. That nice man gave me a gift card for the rest of my money. Wasn't that nice! (Oh if only it was true and not virtual!)

Darlys- thanks for sharing your family with us. It sounds like your children and grandchildren are living good lives.

Holly, where are we going next?

If I'm not on line for a few days don't worry about me. I am going to try and get my computer worked on in the next few days and we will also be going to St. Paul,MN with our travel club. I'l be back soon

I need to watch a tv show with Darwin. Don't care for tv this time of year, but I do love spending time with Santa. Taa taa for now chickie poos.

Edited by - Thelma on Apr 17 2012 6:12:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  08:32:11 AM  Show Profile
Hey All OFFG!

The weather got a bit ugly over the weekend, but has been beautiful ever since. The tree in my daughter's back yard was struck by lightening; I'll post a picture in a bit. We also had an 3.9 earthquake early Monday morning, as well. More bad weather expected Thursday night into Friday; we shall see…

I haven't had much sleep in the last couple days…upset and stressing about family matters one night, couldn't wind down the next, and making a giant cupcake last night (Picture to follow) for a birthday at the office.

Holly, since my last post, I have moved 6 hours, laundry, picking up my house, pulled a few weeds…I might get to my planting by the end of the summer at this rate… Also, thanks, for the "flowers." My mother is loving the cards and notes from you, too; it just makes her day. Thanks!

Speaking of my movement, Darlys, yes, the x-rays were pretty intense and as far as my movement goes, I do everything in short spurts. It takes me forever to complete anything, which can be quite frustrating, but… I am so CDO (OCD in alphabetical order) That when I started doing something I would keep at it until it was finished; then I was finished…for about a week. I'm better about doing things in small amounts of time and resting in between, but it still pricks at my CDO some awful. *tee hee* Playing with the my girlies…sometimes I sit a lot through it; when I don't I suffer, but that part is worth it to me. I know it sounds weird to say its worth having additional pain to do some things, but that's how life is. It's always a trade off, no matter what. Me, well, essentially everything causes me pain, so I choose the activities I can't live without and to me it'll be worth it, so I can feel like I'm still alive, if you know what I mean. Otherwise, I might as well give up and do nothing and become my mother's roommate…

I have read of y'all's posts and please don't be upset that I'm not responding to every ones words, but right now, it's too much for my little pea brain to handle. *chuckle*

VIRTUAL TOUR

I've never shopped at LLB's before; nice. I got a couple sweaters and a jacket, a couple pairs of jeans and some wellies (I've always wanted some). And GF's don't anyone tell my daughter, but I bought some hats; I just love hats; she says I look terrible in hats, but I don't care… Besides, the pony-tailed guy who worked there said they looked great. Of, course he may have just been saying that…but, I choose to believe him. *tee-hee, tee-hee*

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  08:43:09 AM  Show Profile
Dana's (daughter) Tree

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  08:47:25 AM  Show Profile
Hmmm. That didn't work, did it? Drats!

Sister #3282

Edited by - Cooknnana on Apr 18 2012 08:49:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  09:56:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Just a quick note...for pics, make sure that the name of the pics don't have anything but letters or number or both, no other symbols of any kind...I learned the hard way that if there is anything else in the name it won't post..hope that helps...oh and it won't post if the name is to long either.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  10:10:11 AM  Show Profile
It is a beautiful day, Sisters!!! I just spent the night at the hospital as my granddaughter lay in labor, I just got home. Fallon gave birth at 10:30 this morning to Miss Pyper Rose!!!! 6 lbs 13 ozs, 18 inches long....mother and child are doing very well....and the great-grandparents are headed to bed for some well earned R&R!!!! Have a wonderful day all.

Love from one give out great-grandmother,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  10:11:54 AM  Show Profile
By the way, I feel so blessed to be able to share the news with all of you!

Very humbly yours,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  10:40:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Marylyn, congrats to have a new GGbaby...and love the name...so pretty....get some rest GGMa....

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  10:44:04 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Great Grandma,Marilyn!

Sister #3282

Edited by - Cooknnana on Apr 18 2012 10:45:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  10:46:50 AM  Show Profile
Trying again... Daughter's tree.

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  10:48:29 AM  Show Profile

This is the cupcake I made last night.

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  10:49:57 AM  Show Profile
Yay! Thanks for the tip, Penny!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  1:18:06 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Aunte M!

Kathryn wow quite a serious cupcake you got there.

I got an amazing surprise this morning. Fedx guy showed up with a package for me. It was from my oldest son Ash. He bought me......an IPad! soooooo cool!,, So I'm playing instead of doing homework.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  1:45:20 PM  Show Profile
Darn! I had a nice post and it went somewhere. Oh well, I just stopped by to say hello. I didn't get to the computer shop today so am trying to avoid anything to do with posting pics. Thanks for the posting tips Penny. Hope to use them soon.

Marylyn - yes it is a beautiful day filled with joy for your new great grand daughter. I am glad that you got to go to the hospital and see the new arrival. What a pretty name! Get some sleep so you can help take care of that new bundle of joy.

Kathrine - that cake looks good enough to eat - giggle

tomorrow Darwin and I are traveling with our travel club to the twin cities. We will board a showboat for lunch and a play. On the way home we will go to Bachmen's Greenhouse and gardens. I wonder if they will let me bring 2 apple trees home on the bus? giggle

Well I'm off to Weight Watchers. My scale shows no loss or gain, but the ww scale will probably show a small gain.That's ok as I had a #5.6 loss last week. Taa taa - enjoy your evening I have a church meeting, and then need to shorten my new slacks before I hit the roost for the night.
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  2:05:12 PM  Show Profile
oh marylyn, congrats on the new gbaby! I love the name too..
and i gained 10 lbs just looking at the pic of the cup cake...but it was soooo good!
took my mom to a new doctor today and they agreed that she might have dementia/alzeihmers or could have had a small stroke so hopefully will find out something that will help her soon.

little dog is doing better - went outside at lunchtime today and i saw her doing a little running around..

virtual tour: all of us girls were so tired from the shopping trip that we had to have some rest. I put up my new tent and we all piled inside. Penny and thelma kept us awake with all the giggling and Kathy kept having to run "somewhere" because of all the lemonade she was drinking. I had to apologize for snoring but I think it was because of all that lobster followed by the wonderful trout that we ate! and kathy gave us a fashion show with all of her hats, we all loved them and thought they looked great! yawn, well, that lemonade is hitting me faster that i thought.. yawn,, sorry, yawn.......
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  4:37:09 PM  Show Profile

Patty - I hope you are REALLY taking care. Even with back issues, I cannot begin to fathom what misery you have been experiencing. I am glad you are better - but still ......... take it easier!!!!!

And, of course, you know, that elevated BP is not something to take lightly. The world needs you, sweetheart --- I need you. We need YOU. I know several folks on BP medicine. And, they are managing it very well. Me, I'm borderline - I never seem to break the magic 140 to get the meds prescribed.

You constantly amaze me with all you do. I wish I had an 'nth of your creativity and talent. But God gave it all to you. Musta known you would put it to use above and beyond ...

Didn't you save ANY of that cabbage for coleslaw? Awwww.

I still haven't figured out how to get the pictures I took of those incredible gifts you sent me from one file to another that will actually post. I realized that everytime I think I've thanked you for everything something else comes into my line of vision. That is a spoon handle? JACKET PIN holding that doilie to the soft twine basket that those a-m-a-z-i-n-g eggs are in. And I don't think I thanked you for the great little scrubbie, either. GF, I adore you -- not just 'cause you are so gifted but because you are so thoughtful, caring, kind and flat out wonderful!

Gosh, I need to also congratulate Marylyn on the birth of a great grandbaby. That is wonderful, Marylyn. Pictures soon? I hope you are better at it than I am.

And Janiee - sounds like your darlin' furbaby is recovering nicely. Cuddles.

Thelma -- you and Darwin could put Auntie Mame to shame with all your galavantin' -- you just have so much fun!

Kathryn, glad the weather missed you ... too bad about that tree. Nice cupcake!

Penny ... what's happening with Pizza Hut?

Gypsy ... are you out looking for your muse?

Patty, I'm keeping you in my prayers, hon. I'm so glad Dalous is taking good care of you. And, one more thing ... how's Jake?

Virtual Tour: Where are we? Where am I? Where is everybody?

Holly ... 4 more hours ...

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  5:23:37 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Yesterday was in the eighties and today was in the fifties. Same beautiful blue sky. The stars and planets have been spectacular with no moon to brighten the sky.
We are supposed to get a lot of rain this weekend and by Tuesday it is supposed to snow. I think Janet could keep the snow in her fine state or send it north over the lakes. We can sure use the rain. Montpelier has put our water advisories for the weekend. The Winooski River flows through Montpelier and it is notorious for flooding the down town.

I am trying to pig proof one of the paddocks. I had the children pulling nails today from old porch decking. They were not pleased at all but two of them wanted to go play basketball tonight so they pulled nails. The good part was that the three teenagers were laughing and having a grand old time while they were being tortured together. I stayed away and pulled dried sticks from the flower garden. Ross picked daffodils for everyone.

Virtual Tour

Basketball nights sure do wreak havoc with my planning the virtual tour. So, here we are sauntering through New Hampshire. The White Mountains are fabulous to look at. Many of them have white marble on their slopes and tops. Trees can not grow on marble.

We are heading north from Conway http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conway,_New_Hampshire, http://www.northconwaynh.com/# up to the Mount Washington http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/cam/ cog railroad. http://www.thecog.com/ It is a slow ride up. There is a car road as well and many people hike it. the top is a different climactic zone. Sometimes hikers start at the bottom in bright sunny weather and by the time they are half way up the weather has dropped thirty degrees and it is snowing. It can be a dangerous hike if you are not prepared. The National Weather Service has an office on top of Mount Washington.

Next we will head west along route 2. It is a beautiful winding road. It has many small towns along it. There are two tourist attractions for families. The first we will come to is the Old West. The second is Santa's Village. http://www.santasvillage.com/ It has nice rides and shows. and SANTA CLAUS lives there with his reindeer which you can pet and feed. You can have your picture taken with Santa. You can get a ring made by the elves out of a horseshoe nail.

From there we will continue to travel west along route two to Vermont. We will cross the Connecticutt River and be in Concord, VT. When we arrive in St Johnsbury we will stop at the http://www.maplegrove.com/ maple sugar museum and the St Johnsbury Atheneum. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Johnsbury_Athenaeum It is a wonderful little museum and planetarium.

From there we will continue along route 2 to Marshfield and then take back roads to Worcester http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Worcester_vt_highlight.png where we shall spend the weekend.

Did everyone follow all of that. I hope so because tomorrow night is basketball and I do not have access to the computer for the evening. So, girlfriends......imagine.

Sweet dreams

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Apr 18 2012 5:25:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  6:37:36 PM  Show Profile
Whoo Hoooooo Just can't wait to have my picture taken with Santa. Bet its not the same Santa I go to bed qith every night! giggle
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  7:21:10 PM  Show Profile
I got first dibs on Holly's chain saw! Right after a Ross hug. --- And a Holly hug ....

Chocolate Kisses ...

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  9:20:40 PM  Show Profile
well, i am peeking in now and again. going back home soon. will finally put some stuff on my blog. It's hard to explain--it's like i am here doing things, soaking it all in like a kid at the carnival, not able to process it and put it back out until I get back to my solitude, then it all comes pouring out. does anybody understand that? I don't even know if I do.

But I love hearing about your every day lives, I love Holly's descriptions of her beautiful corner of the world, and her family, I think we all are in love with Ross, we are as excited about Marylyn's new little ggb as if it were our own, in a way she is---look how many new aunties she has who love her just in this group alone. I specially love when Patty posts her beautiful pictures and describes a life that i can only dream about--so dear Patty I am living vicariously through you
I'm excited that bunny has a new Ipad but mostly that she has a wonderful loving son who would do that for his mother.
What I love most about Thelma is her cheerful uplifting always funny posts and here is a woman clearly in love with her husband and is wise enough to live every day with joy in spite of physical issues. There are more of you whose lives touch me in very special ways. but my sleeping pill is telling me to say nighty nite. Darlys darling friend--love-love-love your posts and miss you when you are not on
I will catch up with the rest of you later.

Sorry i can not keep up with the virtual trip. i wonder if that should have been a separate thread because i bet there are lots of sisters on other threads who would love to join in
Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com

Edited by - doll58maker on Apr 19 2012 8:15:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  05:39:17 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, dear Sisters, had about a three hour nap yesterday, back to bed at nine o'clock last night, and back up at six this morning!!! Feel good and now I have to go back to work by noon today!!!! Aaawww, life...it is such a magical journey! I want to thank you all for the 'congratulations' sent my way. I am grateful and profoundly humbled.

I was going to get my fabric washed, ironed, and mailed while I was off work this week; however, I got detained, so that will happen next week. So, Karen, It will be mailed next week! Promise! ; )

What a yummy cupcake!!!! Too bad it doesn't quite fit in my diet...I've lost 15 lbs. in five weeks!!!! Okay, maybe just a nibble...yep, it is as delicious as it looks!!! Oh, that wasn't part of the virtual tour? Darn!!!

The tour sounds marvelous .... Especially, getting to meet Santa!!! Can't wait to sit on that man's lap!!!

One quick question about the pics....can I upload them on the 'quick reply' window that I use to leave messages or is there another way to leave messages? I have tried, but I can't get anywhere near my pic files! Of course, I am using an iPad, it is an awesome little machine; however I don't think I can do as much on it as I could do on my computer...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gotta run!!!

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  06:01:50 AM  Show Profile
Holly a big smile came on my face when I read about your teens pulling those nails. It brought back memories of my kids at that age. It is so nice hearing about all the things you do aaround your place. Sometimes I wish I was there not to pull the nails but I would have like to have watched Ross pick the flowers.

Things are pretty much back to normal here after my great weekend in Savannah. I went to the beach yesterday where it was beautiful, breezy and quiet. It was lovely with not too many people there. I had a long chat with my daughter last night and she tells me the GDs are fine. The oldest has lined up enough babysitting jobs that she can make more money doing that then being a hostess at a restaurant. During the day she is a dance teacher and now she babysits for clients in the evenings. Other than my DD's MIL having dementia difficulties things are going well for her.

Oh boy! I can't wait to see Santa. I am going to get my pic taken with him and maybe he will give me a candy cane, too. Now, where did I put that Santa hat? Are we going to hike up that mountain??? The maple sugar museum sounds so good, too.

Thelma no Santa can ever be as good as your Santa. I have a picture of you that you posted and I can see why you treasure him. What a wonderful couple you are.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  10:42:07 AM  Show Profile
We have a wooden sign on our entryway wall that says "WE BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS" and around it I hung pics of DH & me on various adventures. Maybe I'll get 2 or even 3 candy canes for that!

Watched Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel last night (love her shows) ... She was in Tennesee and she hiked up one of those trails in the Smokies (with a group). She smuggled wine up in a water bottle and discovered that the others had packed a bit of "warmth" as well. One gal brought out about a half gallon of cosmos and Samantha said "Is that really a jar of cosmos? I'VE FOUND MY WOMEN!" They spent the night in tents that they pitched. We don't have to sleep in a tent, do we? It looked cold. Maybe pancakes with maple syrup would fix m'achy bones after that. Yep. That and a spa treatment. I admit though, it WAS fun hiking up that mountain while lounging on the sofa with DH "resting his eyes" alongside. I'm pulling on my hiking boots and packing my backpack for the REAL trip up Mt. Washington. I'm glad there will be a van traveling with us. Never know when a nap may be in order.

Marylyn ... you really don't want advice from me - but that little icon in the upper left corner with the mountains and arrow? That is what you click on to get a window where you "browse" and "upload" From there you need Patty or Penny or one of the other gifted photo posters -- unless you can figure it out on your own. Good luck and we'll be watching for Pyper's photos.

Bunny! That is so great! What a guy to think of his mom with a gift of an IPad! Cool ... and a real upper!

Gypsy ... You might have something there. It's probably a bit too far along to move the trip to a new thread now ... but it's something to consider. Holly? For sure, though, if there are any other adventures to be had. Of course, one can't be humor-challenged if one wants to travel with the chronologically-gifted wild and whacky wanderers. I don't think Penny ever found the owner of that pink bra she caught flying by on top of the train that YOU were driving.

Okay, Holly - back in the day: Many years ago I worked for an advertising agency. I was given an assignment to write the copy for --- drum roll, please --- pig pens! I vaguely remember that I received accolades for my headline: Non-Confining Hog Confinement. The ad was for expandable pig pens. I had a way with words back then. At least that was what I was told -- I also wrote an ad for Cadillac that made it sound like it was an economy car. (That's what they wanted!)

Off for the day, gfs - much to do.

Chocolate Kisses ...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page