rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  2:27:48 PM  Show Profile
Joan, I think it's a Praying Mantis. They change color with their surroundings don't they. And they feel so cool walking up your arm. Great picture.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  10:12:21 PM  Show Profile
Just needed to say I love all the cool nature pictures! You guys are so talented.
Joan, neat picture of a praying mantis. He is looking right at you!

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  05:15:30 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I should have remembered that name lol

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  05:24:17 AM  Show Profile
Good morning.

Another rainy day, I hope. There has been some good rain in this area for the last 2 days. Yesterday it rained all around me but here we had nothing. The big, black cloud with thunder and lightening never got to my street. So silly to go up the road about 1 mile and have it pouring rain.

Kathy have a great time in Las Vegas. I am looking forward to the photos.

Diane the alpaka are so pretty. I would love to pet one sometime so I could feel the soft fur. Great to hear about the hike. Good for you. I haven't been hiking in a while and I kind of miss it. What a great feeling when one finally gets to the top.

Holly, the pics of the snake eating the toad are super. Your photography is wonderful. Such good close ups. My cat brought us a rat yesterday and left it on the patio without a head. Guess Mr. Kitty wasn't hungry enough to eat the whole thing. I love hearing about all the things you are planting. Your garden will be so full of goodies to eat.

Patty, good to hear that you are feeling better. Also, that the stress test came out well. I am looking forward to seeing some pics of the baby chicks and the older ones, too.

Marilyn I love to play croquet. Wish my DH would lose sometimes. He plays only using one hand and still beats me most of the time. I think he psyches me out because I start out okay and then make too many errors.

Marianne you have been one busy girl with all the planting. I would like to see the Marigolds when they bloom so be sure to post a picture. I do the same thing with my flower seeds. Just throw them out and get pretty good results.

I bought 8 bushes yesterday and two flower plats. The bushes will have to replace the ones in the front of the house. The ones there now were replanted from a man down the street who pulled them out from his yard. They never took and so there are brown, dead bushes out in front. Our peach tree is doing well this year and we have lots of peaches. The fig tree is coming back nicely and hopefully there will be more figs on it than last year.

Karen just pop in and share. You will feel so comfortable right away. Everyone here is so caring and loves to hear from each other.

Kathryn I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better and are, at last, able to get the SSI. I remember getting my mom on it and all the paperwork I had to do. At that time she couldn't have a house. I don't know if you can have a house now but I did hear that you could.

Joan that is a praying mantis. I have only seen a few of them. A really cool picture.

Bunny, glad to hear from you. How are things going? Is your schooling finished for this semester? My granddaughter who goes to San Francisco State U will be coming home this week. I am surprised that the year has ended for them so soon. My DD went up to get her and all her stuff to bring home. Next year Kelly will be living in an apartment with some other girls. It is so much cheaper than living in the dorms.

Penny I am following you on fb and am so glad that everything is working well with your job. Also glad that you are finding time to plant and work in the garden.
I am laughing that you got a extra early birthday gift. How sweet. I went and checked my list to make sure your bd is in June and not May. All you ladies who haven't sent in your birthdays to Penny please do. It is so fun sending out the birthday wishes and getting all the cards, etc., for your birthday is a treasure.

I am making some ATC's for swaping right now. I repainted my two fake flamingos Monday afternoon. They now look really pretty outside in the garden. I am going to be planting today and I think we will have some salmon for dinner. DH, Leon, made lots of rice last evening for our dinners. He sometimes gets such a desire to cook. And as long as he doesn't get too generous with the spices the dishes are very tasty. When we have hot dogs and beans I always think of you, Patty, and the saurkraut you made. MMMM it sounds so yummy!

Have a great day everyone. I am praying for those who are in pain and suffering.

Hugs, and squeezies.

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  05:38:45 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, gfs!! It is a beautiful morning in the Ozarks!! The sun is shining in the East, the birds are singing and life is good...

The picnic was a hugh success! My friends were blown away by what they refered to as 'all the special touches'...but what blew me away the most was all the compliments on the food! And, honestly, the food was an after thought, even if I did cook all day!!!

I am just a little disappointed today; however! I spent a good deal of time this morning on my blog and when I got ready to post pictures of my picnic....I could not!!! The button was not activated!!!! What good is a blog with no pictures!!! Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!!! I am going to my AT&T store to find out what the deal is!

Joan, I love the picture of your surprise guest...the praying mantis!

Patty, I was so relieved to see that you aced the stress test! I hope you are feeling better today...

Marianne, how funny about the check! Did you ever find the 'big' one?

Y'all have a great day, be safe, and stay healthy!!!

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  09:59:58 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone

Kathryn glad all that is over. I know what you mean about being excited to go to the dentist. LOL Before we had insurance the only ones that went were the kids. Now I and my DH can go. WooHoo!

Joan Cool Pic occasionally We will see a praying Mantis but not very often

Nancy I was excited to get to the top. I am a water fall fan. The woods behind the falls and the creek leading to the falls a beautiful. The is a neat little stone bridge to cross the sreek. It was worth the hike.

The day is sunny and beautiful. A little breeze is blowing just to keep cool. I would love to be out working in the garden but I have 7 more day of school. This is the seniors last week so it is kind of crazy.

Hope all of you have a great day.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  6:33:44 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Karen- some of us have only known each other for a few months. I think the longest is almost a year.

I wish my camera were light enough to carry in my apron pocket. I feel like I miss many opportunities by not having it with me. It is bulky and heavy I guess that is all relative because my film cameras were certainly heavier. The snake was very accomodating it did not swallow its food whole quickly it did it very slowly so I had time to run into the house to get the camera. It was far more accomodating than the hawk that soars over my house and leaves as I get outside to click on it.

I love lemon cake. It is my favorite type of cake. Four layers with lemon curd in between must be delicious. I have never heard of strawberry and spinach salad.

I do not know what kind of raspberry plant. I guess I should read the labels to find out if they are the kind to cut back in the fall or the spring. They do have thorns. If i had the thornless type the cows or deer would probably eat them to the root.

Joan, what a beautiful praying mantis you have there. It is a sign that your garden is healthy. I hope it is a female and lays many eggs for you. they eat bugs.

Nancy, I am so glad we do not have rats anymore. Do you ever see live ones. Mr Kitty sure is a good hunter to have caught a rat. When we had rats we had only two cats. A 16 yo male who lived in the barn and a 20 year old female who lived in the house although both could go in or out at will. Neither of them ever caught a mouse. My wonderful younger brother said if I saw one rat I had a hundred. I would feed the meat birds in the yard. We had six foot long gutters screwed to two by fours for feet as feed trays. By the time I had poured the feed and returned to the house and looked out the window the trays were filled with rats. I finally bought this poison called Hawk bait by the bucket. I finally got rid of them. It was so revolting looking out the window at the compost pile and seeing the little heads poking out.

the temperatures were in the seventies today. It was sunny most of the day until supper time when we had a thunder and lightning storm the first of the season. It was short but cooled of the air.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  7:38:25 PM  Show Profile
I have been busy working for my son all week, again tomorrow and Friday, so no time to get anything done around here. It got to 80 degrees here yesterday, then this morning when I got up it was 28 degrees!!!! What an extreme change in temperatures.It is going to get cold again tonight.
Holly, you do take such great pictures. The snake one should be framed. Even though it is creepy.
Nancy, We had a cat that would kill mice and bring them in just to show us that she was a good hunter. She was proud of her catch, but would not eat them.
Dianne, Love the alpaca. And such a beautiful daughter you have.
Patty, get well soon. Seems there is alot of flu going around this area right now.
Penny, How is the job going? Are you getting many hours?
Bunny, I am sure you are counting the days when you are done with your classes.
Kathy, have a great time in Vegas. Hope you win lots.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  8:08:33 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies. I is almost 10 pm. I have had a few busy days lately. Dr's office did call yesterday to let me know that the stress test showed everything was normal. :) I picked up a load of mulch yesterday and took out to my mothers and her and I unloaded it. My mother is a work horse. I hope to be able to do as much as her when I am 72 yrs old. I then went and bought some silkie chickens I found on craigslist. Of course I now have a new friend. ;) The lady selling the chickens was one of the nicest ladies. :) I came home 6 chickens richer. Today we hauled one of my coops out to my mothers and took the silkies out there. I want to keep them with the rooster and not sure how loud he can get yet. But gosh these are the cutest most docile chickens. One of the young hens is mouthy and has a personality all her own...lol
Well, off to bed. Will chat with everyone later.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  9:12:52 PM  Show Profile
Patty, Gorgeous new friends you have!! They look so regal. Is your mom thrilled to have them as guests? Congratulations on getting a "good Grade" on your stress test. So glad you are healthy.

Holly I am just starting to use my new digital camera. It is fantastic what these things can do. It is much easier to just point and shoot, as they say. No F-stops or apertures to worry about! Hope I can get as inspired as you are and capture some treasures, too. thanks for sharing your photos.

Tomorrow, my daughter takes off to meet her guy to find an apartment over on the west side of the state. My husband is leaving for a business trip. He will be home late Friday night. I won't see my daughter until Monday probably. And then only for about two weeks ... then she is leaving the area. Everyone please say a prayer that she finds a job quickly. I have my fingers crossed that she might even find one that she can use her training! Doesn't seem too much to ask, but these days ...

So, while dh is gone, I'm gonna clean a bit more around the flower beds. I also need to get my circle stakes up around my peony bushes before they get too big. I remember in Kansas, I had peonies for Mother's Day and here, my bushes are only about a foot above ground right now.

It has been very difficult to resist buying those lovely tomato plants I see everywhere. I think I can probably plant tomatoes this weekend! Just got to hope the weather holds and we don't get the big changes in temperatures that some of you are getting!

marianne
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  05:15:30 AM  Show Profile
As a City Farmgirl I have never seen more beautiful and adorable chickens in my life!

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  07:06:11 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Girl Friends!

Wow! Up to my eyes in paperwork; and the environmentalists say we need to conserve our trees….I think the federal government needs to take a more "green" point of view. Phew!

Patty, those chickens…if you hadn't said they were chickens I would have sworn they were some oddly shaped cat or dog, or even monkey…I've never seen the likes of these before. They're great though; are those feathers or fur? Are you sure they're chickens? LOL Just checking… Hee hee.

I woke up this morning at just before 5 and thought I had plenty of time to do whatever I wanted; hahaha Yeah, right. I've been having to stop by my daughter's to let her puppies out, as she is out of town, but I had to stop and get gas before I leave Chandler. I get about half way to the gas station when I notice my car has developed a severe lean toward the front passenger side. When I arrived at the gas station and got out I discovered my tire was flat. Ugh! I aired it up and then again in the next town; Doc took care of it, but I had to nurse it to Prague (30 minutes away), praying that I didn't have a blow out on the way. I can only get better from here, right?

Later Gators!

Squashes and Hugs!

Kathryn

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  07:38:37 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, gfs! Beautiful day in the Ozarks, the sun is shing and a load of clothes are flapping in the breeze!!!

Kathryn, sounds like quite a morning! May you tire stay inflated and a new set be on its way!

Marianne, enjoy you time alone...I believe I could live as a hermit!

Well, it is back to work for me and hopefully, when I get off work Sunday it will be off to the woods for me!!! Maybe husband will decide he can't go...we have a sick momma goat!!! Feeding the babies on the bottle and giving momma shots!

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  07:52:40 AM  Show Profile
Oh Marylyn, I am sorry to hear momma goat is sick. Is it a virus or related to giving birth? Sounds like more work for you guys either way. (Hermit life would suit me most days, too!) Enjoy your time in the woods!

Kathryn, Horray for doc. He comes to the rescue now and again, doesn't he! Hope you get that leak plugged for good.

We cooled down a bit. Only supposed to get to the high 60s/low 70s today. Kinda nice weather! The flies don't bother the horses, the garden doesn't need a lot of water. Doggies are happy to lie in the sun. Me, too!! I don't though. Gotta limit the exposure to the sun. SPF is our friend.

Have a great day
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  09:02:16 AM  Show Profile
It is a combination of both...she has been wormed, given a B12 shot, and a pneumonia shot...the problem with goats is they have NO will to live...if one gets down she is pretty much done for! Sure hope all this doctoring does the trick! Everybody, keep your fingers crossed!

Love ya's,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  09:15:48 AM  Show Profile
Oh, yea, I'm off to work on my "out there" Women badge!!!! Wish me luck!

Love ya's,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  11:45:56 AM  Show Profile

Joan, we see a lot of praying mantis during the summer. I've found several cocoons in protected areas in the spring. You might find one or so around your property. They sure do eat bugs and aphids. I don't need to use a lot of chemicals when you have those. We have both green and light brown ones. Don't know if there is any difference in them.

I haven't been writing on the forum for some time because of time constraints, but try to read what is going on with you all. It is hard to keep up sometimes. Blessings on your day.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  2:06:36 PM  Show Profile
I need to get out and mow again, but it has been awhile since I stopped by to visit with everyone. The last 2 weeks have kept me moving. I wait all winter for planting season ans when it arrives I'm like a new calf being let out of the barn for the first time. I am still working on transplanting hostas and lemon lilies. I have created 4 new beds that are small enough for easy maintance. This is my transition year so have lots of plants to deal with. I read a book a few months back where the author talked about growing older and learning to garden wisely to save strength and energy. She talked alot about what is important compared to what is simply going to be 'good enough'.

I love all of the photos that are showing up here. Holly if i saw your snake I would have run fast, but not for my camera. giggle I can't believe the beautif pictures that are being posted. What kind of cameras do you gals use and how much experience have you had? I'm a newbe to the "pictures for pleasure" group. I want despertatly to post some for you gals to see' but I'm refusing to get nuts with posting again. Someday I'm going to take this darn computer back to the nerds and tell them to writ down easy to understand directions grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Saturday's wild flower walk was wonderful. I learned that the spring wild flowers are almost gone and that the summer ones are not ready to bloom yet. I took some great pictures. this morning I got them into the computer and enlarged them. I am just learning how to do this and ruined a few by overexposing them. Oh well, if I don't play around I won't learn anything will I. Holly I am also trying to get pictures of a pair of hawks. I see them when I don't have my camera handy or they are flying to fast for me to capture them. I'll get it someday.

I am glad to hear that the chicks who are under the weather are feeling better, or on the mend. I am doing ok. Just waiting for the end of the month and my trip to Mayo Clinic.

Nancy, I got your package this morning. I read the book along time ago so will enjoy rereading it. Maybe I will get interested in journaling again. When I'm done with it i will pass it to another farm chick. thank you for your act of kindness.

Patty, your ckickens are great. Enjoy. I raised silkies when I was younger. They are real characters!

Must go. nice hearing from all you chicks - keep the posts coming

Edited by - Thelma on May 17 2012 2:21:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  2:52:11 PM  Show Profile
I had no idea that those "things" I find all over the yard are praying mantis cocoons! Claudia and I live close enough to each other that I know I am not mistaking what she is showing for something else. That is so exciting.

Thelma, it is so nice to have you check in. I know the renewed spirit you feel in the spring. It is so invigorating. I am also trying to garden smarter. I think I have the "good enough" state of mind down pat. My gardening is never done. The gardens are way too big. Quite overwhelming, really. Just got to keep cutting back.

marianne
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  5:19:31 PM  Show Profile
Mariane, Isn't gardening fun. I work hard, have all kinds of ideas running around in my head, and fall into bed at night exhausted. I am my own worst enemy. giggle what growing zone are you in? I'm in zone 4 but try to plant zone 3 plants when I find them. The hardier the better as we get pretty cold here in winter.

Edited by - Thelma on May 17 2012 5:21:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  5:45:04 PM  Show Profile
I also am trying to be smarter about my gardening. Last year, I planted a bigger garden.The gophers and deer got the lettuce, spinach and for pete's sakes the radishes. Who would have know that deer & varmits liked something with a bite. The weather took my first planting of green beans and corn. It was just a short growing season and very unpredictable. In my quansit (sp) green house, I had bunches and bunches of tomatoes, peppers and squash. I finally was smart last year with making vase shapped containers out of fine wired mesh. I'm forgetting the name. It is definately bigger holed than screen, but not big to allow little voles or gophers to get in. I then planted my tomatoes in the "vase leaving some of it above ground. I had no trouble.Someone at the farmer's market told me they use oyster shell down in their tomato holes when they plant them. Anyway, the vases I used last year are ready, I have cukes, 1 zuke peppers and green bean seed. That's what I'm doing this year. I'll see how well my garden grows this year. Marianne, it's good to see your response again. Hope you are doing well....way down south!! ;0)

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  6:09:43 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I have been rushed the last two nights when I have wanted to post so have missed saying some things I wanted to say.

I do know the Laurel and Hardy routine about Who's on First. We used to practice it at the pool when I lifeguarded.

I have a Canon SX40HS camera. I do not know much about it. I try different settings and see how the pictures come out. I really like the digital over my film camera because I do not need to worry about paying for the developing costs. I received this camera for winter holiday because I like to take pictures of mushrooms, insects and flowers all of which can get small. This camera also has a shaky hand monitor on it so my pictures are not fuzzy. the woodpecker picture from a while ago was taken from about fifty feet away. The zoom is very nice.
I have not really messed around with online photo adjusting. The most I can do right now is shrink the picture a little.

Some wild thing came and took away one of my guineas last night. the neighbor thought it might be the nursing fox. However three of the other guineas have disappeared. they are so highstrung they must have flown off in fright. I hope they come back.

I ran with the children today. this running stuff is cyclical. I will be glad when this cycle is over.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  6:35:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, I worked again today, then had to take Olivia (dog) to the vet for her yearly checkup and shots. The quote was $145.00, but ended up $231.00 by the time we got out of there, plus she needs a booster in 2 weeks. All that for a healthy dog. It was 26 degrees this morning!!! The temps are going in the wrong direction. Hope my plants survive, so far, so good. It is now raining and 46 degrees, I had to turn the heat back on.
Holly, you got a good camera. Mine is old and does not have many features on it, but cannot afford a new one for awhile yet.
Patty, those sure are some beautiful chickens. I sure wish I could have some here, but city ordinance won't allow it.
Well, time to get ready for bed. One more day of work, I am not used to working so many days in a row. It makes me feel my age.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  7:18:22 PM  Show Profile
Janet, I must say vets are a bit more expensive in Michigan than here in WA. AND, your mornings have been much cooler than ours. Today was cooler than the last few days, but still pretty pleasant. Hope your plants make it!

Claudia, love the vase idea. So smart! I am sure it will work here, down south! I think our planting zone is 5 ... am I way off? Thelma asked, but I don't want to answer wrong and thought you might know for certain.

Holly, so sad about the guineas. Hope the other three find their way back. I just hate having unaccounted for livestock/pets. And as far as the running goes ... Good grief, girl, lie down until the feeling passes!

I had a great time gardening today. I got a few more peas planted. And some young plants watered. Then took the two younger dogs around the property and checked on the horses. Then, good ol' Sammie stuck by my side while I gardened another hour or so. Of course, I did throw her ball for her - she's a retriever, yellow, not black like Mollie. Anyway, I got the white, pink, magenta and most of the red gardens cleaned out. And I got my peonies staked!!

I am thinking about jumping on the blogging kick. Does anyone have any recommendations about what templates to use. Does everyone use blogger, blogspot, what? It is so foreign to me. I am lucky if I can "follow" someone or leave a comment! Maybe I am biting off more than I can chew.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  10:38:50 PM  Show Profile
Marianne, I think you are a zone 5. It depends on what book you use. I use the Sunset Garden Book. Because our elevation is a little higher, Deer Park is in a snow zone. There have been years in which it has gotten to 30 below. So I consider Deer Park a zone 3. I might go with a zone 4 in some protected areas. Some years are so fickle. There are so many micro temps. Sorry I couldn't be more definitive.

When you find out about the blogging, make sure you post if it isn't said here. I am interested in what you find out. Night night...it's past 11 and 4 comes early. Blessings to you all.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page