Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 27 2012 :  5:55:42 PM  Show Profile
Thelma, Ihope the Mayo has a brilliant idea or two to fix your health. I am with you holding you and Darwin.

Hugs,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 27 2012 :  6:08:36 PM  Show Profile
I am just about done packing up the camper, just need to get the food put in in the morning, then off we go until next Sunday. I will not have internet out in the woods, so will not be on here until next week. Hope all of you are having a good weekend so far.
Until next week,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 27 2012 :  8:56:14 PM  Show Profile
Good evening, gfs!!! Been getting everything packed today, too, Janet!! The weather is supposed to be excruciatingly hot tomorrow...95!!! But I can't wait! If it gets too hot to hike...I'll stand in the middle of the river and fish! Camping, camping, camping!

My boss gave me the day off today! Wasn't that cool? I have been cleaning the house and packing, shopping for last minute items needed, watered the garden, scrubbed out the camper, and cooked! Gives me one more day at the river!!!!

Kathy, I may or may not have Internet service, probably not....so I wanted to wish you a wonderful birthday before I leave.

Holly, your recycled trellis sounds so creative...I love it when people can just look at something and decide it will make something else!

I guess everyone is out enjoying the week-end...y'all have a good week... I'll be back Wednesday, yea, only two days...there's always next week!!! I love camping!

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  05:01:13 AM  Show Profile
Our storm, Beryl, is coming in full force. We have heavy rain and a big wind. Thank goodness the electricity is still with us for the present. Last night it went off and on for about an hour. I am enjoying the rain and hope that our swaying pine trees in back stay upright. We have a lawn full of pine needles and little branches, though. This storm is supposed to last a couple of days so no walking the dog. Mr. Kitty is content to stay in and is napping in the chair next to me.

I am sorry to hear about your losing your seeds Holly. I am sure you will find them soon.

Have fun all you campers. I haven't camped in such a long time. It sounds like you will be having a great time.

Remember our fallen ones today and thank God we have been blessed with them.

Thelma, you are in my prayers.

Hugs and squeezies,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.

Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  06:11:32 AM  Show Profile
Happy Memorial Day to everyone. Try to be on the lookout for our service members in uniform today and thank them. We haven't had a war on our own turf for a long time, but they do their best to keep the peace on earth a reality. My Dad fought in the Korean War & my husband was active duty during the first Desert Storm. We say that we are grateful for them, so today, if no other day, shake a hand, pay for a lunch or a coffee or just say 'thank you'.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Another year gone by. I keep journals by the years, starting another new one on my birthday. I sure have a lot of them. Some are fuller than others.

Oh, did I tell you that I am also taking the plunge into egg management!?! I am building a chicken coop to house 2 lovely ladies that I am getting from my chapter leader. We can't wait. Oh, did I mention that my husband took over the building of it because I just didn't seem to know what I was doing? Well, those two hens will be living in the Taj Mahal of the chicken world. When finished, I will post a pic. Had to go back to hardware for 8 more 2x4s! I was planning such a simple thing. Oh well, let him have his fun.

Storms raged through here last night. OK just thunder and rain, but my garden sure appreciated it. The ground was getting pretty dry after a couple of days without rain and over 90 weather.

Off I go back to work on the coop palace!

Later sisters.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  1:24:33 PM  Show Profile
Just hopin' on here to say "Happy Memorial Day" to the "Nifty Over 50 Chickies!"
That's all...just a "Howdy!"
Me and my Mama are doing just fine!
Hugs-Squeezles&Firecrackers Allll Around! *giggle*
Byeeeeeee.....

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  4:16:31 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Another lovely day here on the hill farm. Temperatures in the seventies. One very light rain storm I wondered where it came from because there were no clouds overhead. Some had gone by and some to the south.

I forgot to say that when I went to the wedding I wore a red dress that had no sleeves. My wonderful daughter said, Mama you need to get a tan on your upper arms. Farmer's tan for me only gets more noticeable as the summer wears on. lol

Kethry went down to the barn to get the stalls ready for the cows just before supper. She came tearing up the stairs. "There is a bbiiiiiiggggg snake in Coco's blue water bucket and I am not going in there until you get rid of it." Ross and I went down to rescue the snake. It was only about 10 inches long. I picked it up and put it out in the grass. It was glad to get out and slithered away quickly to a safe place.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

JudyT
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  5:44:22 PM  Show Profile
Happy Memorial day everyone. I've been away from here since we moved to Southwest Wisconsin and so much had happened in our life since we moved here and now that things are calming down and we're finally settled I can breathe easier. I just turned 50 last October and I hope my 50's will be better than my 40's.

Judy~Farmgirl Sister #599
I was born a city girl, but I'm a "farmgirl" at heart, living on a ridge in the Ocooch Mountains in Southwest Wisconsin, sharing my life at...http://dailyyarnsnmore.com
Go to Top of Page

txfarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Berte
Caldwell Texas
10 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  7:00:40 PM  Show Profile
Just turned 60 last Saturday and I don't think it's hit me yet. I keep thinking of myself as being in my 50's. Okay, so there you have it...my mind is the 50's and my body must be close to 70!
My cup runneth over...
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  05:05:45 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Berte, Saw you on the "what's your farmgirl name mean" thread. Glad to have you here with us. Here we try to keep up with one another, if not daily, hopefully weekly. But, everyone has busy lives so pop in when you can.

Judy, welcome to you, too. I think you should expect your 50s to outshine your forties. I don't know how the others feel, but each decade gets better than the last for me! Hope you will visit here often. Where is Richland Center?

Hope our campers had good weather!

Holly, I always have the dreaded farmer tan, too. But mine is more noticeable at my glove line! It can be a bit strange looking.

Kathy, how do I keep missing everyone's birthday? I am so sorry to not have your card in the mail in time to wish you a special day on the correct day. The new chicken coop sounds exciting. So, two new additions to the family ... what fun.

Judy -herblady - It is so nice to hear from you. Glad that you and your mom remain in good health.

so, today is Thelma's big day at Mayo. Special prayers that her questions are answered.

I had a nice weekend. BBQed everyday. Had guests on Sunday for lunch. Transplanted a few "volunteers" for them to take home to their garden. I always enjoy sharing all the extra plants I have.

My peas and beans are starting up the poles. They look pretty happy! I have two more nights of hardening off my starters then I will pop them into the freshly tilled garden. (Thank you dh!) We are due for a week of possible showers so the timing is pretty good.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  06:32:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies, We had a great Memorial Day. Started with a Parade and Honoring our Veterans. It was wonderful and Reverant. I played softball in the afternoon, double bee sting and had to dig out the stinger, then walked in to a suitcase and broke my little toe on the same foot. Today feeling a little stiff.

I am going on the 400 Mile Yard Sale at the end of this week through Kentucky I am so excited. I have not gone before and would love to know if anyone on here has???

My tomatoes are coming along but, not getting very big. I put them out on Mothers Day so does anyone plant before that?

Have a great week and enjoy the day that the Lord has made....
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  07:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Ladies, looks like everyone has and is so busy, I'm just going to post from this page 281 since as always I'm so far behind. ...so much going on this time of year....I worked in the garden yesterday and got the rest of the weeds pulled...so much to do in there all the time....Jim can't help much since because of his disability he can't stand still...he steps on things and if he gets on his knees he pays for it for days with his back so...bless his heart....I just sneak out and do it... DH took me to see THE HUNGER GAMES Sat. It was good but of course the book was better. I'm on book 3 of the series...I really have enjoyed it...didn't really think I would...so even surprised myself.

I made cube steak and gravy with mash potatoes with steamed asparagus and homemade bread for supper....and girls I made my very first rhubarb pie...I have never even tasted one before and let me tell you, I loved it....Jim said he had tried one a long time ago and didn't care for it, but he really loved this one....so now it is going to be one of my go to pies....

Delicia, I don't think we have met...hi, I've been MIA lately with my new job and working in the garden. Sorry you hurt yourself, isn't it funny how easy it is to break a toe...I just stubbed mine getting in the tub a couple days ago which is making it hard to work, but I'm getting through...lol...hope you feel better soon. I have always wanted to do that yard sale, maybe one day...have fun.

Berte, welcome to the best group of ladies that you will ever meet, you will love it here. We love, care, support, pick on and just share all the time...we will be here through all your ups and downs and will love you know matter what...so jump on in and share with us...glad to have you.

JudyT, welcome too....like I said above, you will find a wonderful home here...so glad to have you, tell us more about yourself too...

Marianne, so glad you had a great BBQ....hope the weather was nice. Hope you get rain for your garden, we got some yesterday and getting some now....so I know what you mean, just in time...lol

Holly, I'm with Kethry, I wouldn't go back in there either with a snake in there...you are so brave....can't believe they don't bother you...I bet Ross is just like you....lol...I like the idea of different plates...my whole house is like that....I don't have a set of anything...so I love the idea.

Ok, time to run and see if I can get some housework done...got to work tomorrow so better get to home chores....still loving the job and getting so many compliments....makes a girl fill good. I will come back as soon as I can.

Judy(OH) Hey girly, glad you are doing well...I got to get a letter written back to your Mom, I got her letter a week or so ago and as usual it brought tears to my eyes...I love her stories....and I'm so glad you share her with me...I miss mine so much.

Kathy, I hope you have a great time with your chicks...I want some so bad. I hope to get some soon..but don't know when. Can't wait to see pics. Gong to say Happy Birthday now, just in case I'm not on tomorrow...hope it is a great one.

Nancy, please let us know as soon as you can that you are safe, I've been saying extra prayers for you....we are getting some of the rain today too....we were planning on a 2 day trip to see some friends near Myrtle beach but oh well maybe soon....

Marylyn, I hope you have a great camping trip, I really miss camping and trout fishing..I use to do that every summer...but not anymore...my DH can't handle the camping because of his back and of course he can walk far either....puts a damper on things sometimes but that's ok...he makes up for it in other ways

Janet, you going camping too...wow....sure hope you have a blast...be safe and can't wait to hear the stories we you get home.

Thelma, my prayers and thoughts are with you, love you girl, hope everything goes well...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  12:49:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi Penny, I live in Cinti Ohio and am from Eastern Kentucky originally. I have one Son who is deaf, and 2 yorkie poos who I adore. My dh is a wonderful Godly Man. And recently my Mom has moved in with us. I have been a member for a couple of years but, got away from the posting and have just returned. I love it here and the women have been a wonderful inspiration to me. I work as a Mortgage Lender, love to read, garden, and craft, also am active in my Church. That is me in a nut shell.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  4:26:24 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We have been having amazing thunder and lightning storms since last night. We had a few hours of no rain this afternoon otherwise it has been steady. Something was hit close to home this morning about 6. We have not figured out exactly what but one breaker switch was thrown and after one shower this morning the GFI on the pump was popped. go figure. The house phone is not working. It is a wireless contraption that plugs into the wall. The hand set reads "no line" The phone company says the line reads clear, maybe the hand set it blown they said but the lights are all on? We will try a new phone and if that does not fix it Verizon will give us a new box. Meanwhile we are using our cell phones which is ok for calling out but not many people know my cell phone number since I do not use it very much.

The pumpkins and acorn squash are coming up in the old pig pen. I had almost given up on them since I thought I had planted them several weeks ago.

Nancy I hope you are doing ok in the hurricane.

Welcome to the new posters. I think it would be awesome to do a 400 mile yard sale. I would need to take my pickup truck and a finite amount of money so I would not fill my house with other people's junk.

Any one heard from Darlys?

Penny glad to hear from you.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  5:13:12 PM  Show Profile
Holly, now that you mention it ... we haven't heard from Darlys since she headed to Oakhurst on the 18th. That's a long time ago. Hope all is well. It sounds like you have had a pretty interesting day with electricity sometimes working. Lightning is scary stuff. What does Ross think of it all?

It will be nice to hear that Nancy made it through the storm and has her internet connection restored!

Hope Thelma tells us some good news from her appt.

Penny seems very happy working. She is sure keeping busy on her time off!

Dianne should be free for the summer now!

Kathy was so nice to me. She had an extra MJF magazine this month and sent it to me! The Farm Girl Mail denotation was especially fun. Dh commented on it as soon as he came in with the mail. Since my daughter leaves the area (for good) on Thursday at 5am. My plan for 5:01 am is to sit down with coffee, my magazine, and NOT need any tissues because I will be enjoying myself! Thanks again, Kathy. It is so appreciated!

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  6:14:42 PM  Show Profile
Hello everybody....we could use some of that rain down here. It is already so hot and so dry. I have been outside mowing quite a bit now that I'm finally feeling good again. Penny it is good to hear from you, I'm so glad the job is working out and you sound happy. Holly you've mentioned black flies a few times, sounds like they are really a problem. Every place has something to deal with I guess. I've had a scorpion and a centipede in the house this past week, and always have to watch for snakes when outside, but we don't have black flies. Sometimes before a storm we will get a swarm of big flies, we call them horse flies. but usually if there's nothing around to attract them its not a problem. Normally there is enough of a breeze at night that we don't have to deal with mosquitoes either. We do have fire ants and I have to put out poison for them, although I hate to. The reason I'm always griping about weeds is I refuse to use any chemicals at all on this place.
When I had guineas they would eat the ants. I can't think of anything bad about guineas. If they could feed and water themselves while I'm gone I'd have some now.
Darlys is okay but she is super busy with a lot of company, etc. We talked today. I am wondering how Nancy survived the big storm.
Welcome new ladies, we are so glad to have you.
Has anyone heard from Ginny?
Marianne, I will be thinking about you this week, sending good thoughts your way. And Thelma, please check in and let us know how you are as soon as you can. Hope the campers have a great time with no rain. I have been looking at all the "glamping" and the little teardrop trailers and they are so cute. Pinterest has a lot of them. My experience hasn't been quite that glamorous - we went camping quite a bit when the kids were growing up, and I'm glad we did it. Except for the time we went to Colorado for 2 weeks towing a pop-up camper and I thought I would kill them all before it was over. I think that was the last time we went. When my son was about 14 he discovered girls, or rather they discovered him, and that was the last of the weekend jaunts, as well.

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  05:26:08 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. Welcome to all of the new ladies! Stick around and join the fun. I have a very busy week and not enough time to directly post to each of you. I know you all understand how much time that takes! My head isn't in it as well...lol. Requires too much thinking..lol.
Darlys said that she had a very busy "June". We may not hear from her much. I will be hoping to get on here once a week the next couple of months. I leave for California on Sun and will drive back next week with my daughter,granddaughters,and grandpuppy. They will be staying for a couple of months. Then we will make the drive back.
This weekend was the Strawberry Festival. It was hot and miserable and not near the turnout as years before. Our oldest son came in from Fort Leonard Wood, so we had a nice visit. He will be promoted very soon to Sergeant Major. We are pretty proud of him. The promotion requires him to re-enlist. He has been in the Army for almost 20 years. He has been to Iraq several times, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Desert Storm. He for sure has dodged the bullet. We spent what time remained of the weekend building another quail coop from pallets. A double decker coop.
Besides preparing for my trip, we are heading to Cincinnati, Oh for a day visit with my mother-in-law. Possibly Thurs. The two of us together can never stay anywhere for long because of chickens, pigeons, quail and a 16 year old dog that can no longer travel.
Today is a Dr appointment for this cough, and then out to my folks to garden and move some chickens around.
Praying each of you avoid the storms and the heat. Off to get my chores done.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on May 30 2012 05:28:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  07:13:07 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Friends,

Just a quick hello. It was a very frustrating week last week and, so far it's more of the same this week. I don't have time to go into it now, but I'm hoping to get it resolved soon, because, the alternative will not be pretty…

I do have to say that my bad, frustrating week did end on a happy note, though. On Saturday, to my surprise, I received a lovely lap quilt from Darlys. It was made with the fabric I sent her in the fabric swap. Now you must understand that she and I made a pact not to worry about doing anything with the fabric right away or to worry about sending it anywhere; time and money reasons, mostly. Anyway, I sent her a piece of yellow fabric with little white roses on it along with a piece of solid red…

The yellow came with a story; you see, I've had that fabric for a few years. I'll try to make this brief, but my first granddaughter was born prematurely and went into respiratory failure. She spent nearly three weeks in the NICU in which during the first week they didn't know if she was going to survive, but she fought back and was able to come home. Dana and her then husband, could only afford to live in a one bedroom apt, so she was upset that she didn't have a proper nursery for her new baby. I suggested that as she was not using the dining room for anything that she use it for the nursery. So we went and bought this very same fabric and, using liquid starch, we put it up on the wall with a white ribbon to border it. Put in some silk rose trains and furniture and voila! A nursery. By the way, she is the GD that just celebrated her eleventh birthday on May second. Oh and the perfection of the fabric was that is had roses on it; her name is Jada Rose.

Anyway, Darlys felt that the fabric belong with me and made this beautiful quilt and returned it to me. I bawled like a baby, I just want you to know, so Darlys, of course you are forgiven for breaking our pact. I love it and you're the greatest!

I'll post pics tomorrow or Friday. I haven't been home because of some serious storms and my daughter hasn't allowed me to drive home, so hopefully I can dash between the storms that are expected tonight and tomorrow.

Have a great day and pray I still have hair by the end of this week. Lol

Love and Hugs!

Kathryn

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  08:03:42 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, gfs!!! I'm home!!! What an awesome time camping! We go several times a year for a few days each time and, of course the camping site is 8 miles from my house and dh has to run home and check the cows everyday....but not me...oh, what am I doing??? Standing in the river fishing!!! Not a single fish this time; however, I did notice that I was standing in the middle of the river and it was only up to my thighs!!! We need rain so bad...we'll probably have a drought this summer...Glenda and other Texas Farmgirls, in no way do we compare to you, but no rain is bad business. I woke up around 5:30 this morning and made coffee and I noticed that it was cloudy...I crossed my fingers...and figured I had better start packing up the campsite. I have a small pop-up camper and as we were just getting easy to roll down the camper the clouds opened up and down came the rain!!!!! I don't know who was happier, the squirrels, the birds, the flowers and plants, or us!!!! Anyway, we finished and are now home and it is still raining!!!!

So glad to see new Farmgirls here! Welcome, join right in!

Awww, Kathryn, what a sweet story about your little quilt and the fabric! Darlys, what a wonderful listener and heartfelt friend. I hope your week improves, Kathryn..I'll be thinking of you.

Well, gotta unpack and do laundry and get ready to go back to work tomorrow!!! Love you gals!!!!

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  11:25:16 AM  Show Profile
Kathryn--you are a typical writer, keeping us in suspense til the next chapter!! can't wait until you clue us in, and yes, I sure hope you have hair.....what's that about? Darlys had let me in on her little secret with your special fabric, and I am so glad you are delighted with what she did-- I knew you would be. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
Also wondering if Holly has found her seeds. I spend half my time looking for something I had a minute ago.
Patty, great pictures as usual. Have a safe trip and I am very jealous that you are going to meet Darlys. Give her a big hug for me. But no I'm not one bit envious of all that driving!!!!
Marilyn, welcome back home, I'm so glad the camping was fun for you and the rain waited until you were ready to leave, the best of both worlds.
Marianne, hope you are having a good day. thinking of you.
Nancy, did you survive the big storm? Hope you got the needed rain but not the damage these big storms sometimes bring with them.
Kathy, those little GDs are precious! Glad you got to spend some time with them even if LV wasn't so great.

I go to Houston next week to take care of my brother. He is finished with all his treatments and will have a CT scan at the end of June to see what is left of the tumor and if surgery will be needed or not. He has healed from the radiation, did not lose any of his teeth, but he continues to be so weak and underweight, he is pretty much bedridden. He is supposed to be trying to get up and move around but he just won't, doesn't have the energy for it, so that's the next big hurdle, to get him moving. He has been receiving all his nutrition through a feeding tube since last November, so guess that is why.
well, as Thelma would say, later, chickie poos......
Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com

Edited by - doll58maker on May 30 2012 11:46:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  11:52:36 AM  Show Profile
Okay gfs -- I was going to jump on and post "something" -- but we've been having AT&T problems and finally last night they agreed to make an appointment for us "between noon and 4 p.m." today. This is amazing! It is 11:45 and the AT&T guy just called and said he will be here in a few minutes. -- Yes, Marianne, I feel like I won the lottery - again!

Thelma - please update us on the Mayo Clinic trip. You've been held in prayers everywhere.

Kathryn - I'm so glad you like the quilt. I know that fabric was special to you - and it had to be with you.

Nancy - so glad that all is well. I'll be seeing you in just over a week!

Patty - I'll be needing your daughter's address. Be sure to call me.

Hey Happy Campers -- welcome home.

Glenda - luv ya more.

Holly - I'm hanging on every word -- enjoying your activities and farm.

Penny - glad you are still liking your job. Of course they love you!

Welcome to the new gals!

I'm being so brief 'cause there's the AT&T guy's truck!

Catch up more later.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  1:34:35 PM  Show Profile
Marianne you will be on my mind this week with your daughter leaving. I remember when my daughter moved out and went on her own. The house was so quiet and I really missed her for a while. You are in my prayers.

Well, I made it through the storm okay. There were two, pine tree tops in my backyard Monday morning. Seems the wind was just too much for those trees. DH spent part of the day yesterday between the rain clearing off the branches from the trunks. A lot of branches and leaves cover some of the roads and a few people I know went with out electricity for 2 days. One lady was in the middle of cooking dinner when her electricity went out. She called her sister and took everything over there for dinner. Mr. Kitty moped all day Monday as he refused to go out. Snuggles does make herself go out to do her business but comes right back in. I am so glad that we only had a tropical depression, as it is called. If a hurricane of any strength comes through, I am out of here. I don't want to experience that.

Holly I a glad to hear about the squash coming up. I just love it and so glad we have it growing out back.

Thelma please let us know how things are with you. We love you girlfriend and want to know.

Ginny, I am praying for you and hope you are okay. I miss you as does everyone else.

Penny I am so happy that you are enjoying your work.

Patty congratulations to your son. I really like your coop and the little bird is so cute. I tried to call you so I know you are very busy. Maybe we can talk before you leave for CA. I will be going next Monday and hoping the weather will be warm there and maybe the sun will be shining.

Kathryn thank you so much for the information about the cataract meds. It is very interesting and I am seriously considering using the drops. When I get back from California I will go over it again and then decide. I am glad to hear that you like the quilt. Darlys let me in on it right after she sent it to you. I love the story behind the fabric. It makes the quilt all the more special.

Welcome all you new ladies. This place is so wonderful there are not words enough to let you know how caring, supportive and loving these ladies are. Just join in on fun and tell us what it happening with you all.

I am looking forward to my trip next week and seeing my family. I have a few things I want to see while I am there like my granddaughters' places of work. Maybe if I am lucky I will get to visit Kari at the Paramount Sudios where she is interning. I hope so. Kristen, the oldest, is teaching at a dance studio so I want to see the little kiddies in action.

Well, my hair is done with the coloring so now I have to go wash it out and then make something for dinner. I have to keep that red hair going.

Hugs and squeezies to you all.

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  5:19:35 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Some years the black flies are a continual nuisance. They are like little BB's hitting my skin. We do have horse flies and deer flies as well. The deer flies are smaller than the horse flies which seem to be about half and inch long. I know that some people are allergic to black flies and swell up. Fortunately, I am immune and if I do not scratch the bite they are only annoying for a short time. I am really glad that none of them are poisonous like the scorpion. We have insects we call centipedes but they must not be what grow in Texas because we do not worry about them biting at all.

No, I have not found my seeds. We did buy some more. The beans that Cheri and Ross turned over have come up more than half.

I bought new phones today for the house to see if the lightning killed the phone but alas it did not. So, Cheri and Jarrett are off to the Verizon store to replace the "box" . It is quiet without the house phone ringing.

There were flood watches in some of the valley towns the last couple of days. We live on the side of a mountain and that is all relative, the mountain part so we do not worry. The cows are enjoying the new green grass.

Ross thinks the lightning and thunder are fascinating. He asks questions about everything and the storm was no different.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  07:51:17 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All

Wow you all have been busy. I have been enjoying the sunshine! I have this week off before summer school starts and I have been getting ready for a big yard sale. I really hate doing yard sales. I love to go to them. I just hate holding one. LOL. It is time however. My momma passed away over 2 years ago and my DH's momma passed away about 6 months after mine. That was a rough year. Any way we have had "stuff" on the deck for way to long. We have given lots away now it is time to sell the rest. That is my plan for the weekend. Oh boy sounds like loads of fun. Not! LOL

Patty that looks like a beautiful quilt, blue is my favorite color. I like your quilt rack. The width on mine is not adjustable like yours.

Kathryn I have chickens so I learned the "poo" it the hard way. LOL The "packa poo" as it is called I learned about from our friends that raise alpacas. He said it was one of the bennefits of owning alpacas. The bigger Alpaca ranches grind the poo, bag it , and sell it. Who new?

Holly I like to read fantasy for the same reason, both science fiction and regular. Reading to me is an escape of sorts. I can check out of life for a while and relax. I always want a book that ends good. If I want a bad ending I'll watch the news!

Betty I know the feeling. I will probably not get a garden in this year. Just a few plants but nothing like I wanted. We are still working on putting the raised beds in. My DH does not really want to improve this place because we are renting. I understand his point but I really need some kind of garden space!

Marianne I have not seen "Men in Black 3" yet. I did get to see "the Advengers" That was good. But I like the action type of movies. I have never been a fan of "Chick Flicks" LOL My poor DDs just shake their heads. They love the "Chick Flicks"

Kathy they are adorable. Thanks for sharing the pic. M&M world looks like my kind of place. I love m&ms

Thelma I will be praying for you and your DH while you are gone. Please check in when you can.

Holly you are much braver than I am. I am with Kethry. I would not go near the stall till the snake was gone!!!

Welcome back JudyT and welcome Berte. This is a fun and loving group. Did I mention crazy? LOL We have lots of fun.

Delicia Hi and welcome. I don't think I have mett you yet. Glad you dropped in.

Glenda glad you are feeling better. Thanks for the update on Darlys. I was a little worried when I did not see a post from her.

Patty what a great idea for old pallets. It is a neat little coop.

Kathryn what a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing.
Darlys that was wondrful of you to make the lap quilt.

All of you are such a treasure to me. The way you share and lift up or even sometimes carry each other.

Marylynn glad you had a good time camping and you got the rain you needed. WooHoo! We will be needing rain here before too long. It has threatened off and on but no more than a lite sprinkle.

Glenda I will continue to pray for your brother. He will need to get up and move. I hope you can get him to try a little more each day. Prayers for you to.

Darlys glad you checked in. I hope the AT&T guy fixes you internet problem.

Nancy glad you survived the storm.

I had best get moving today. I really just want to be lazy. My two DD's came over to help get things all gone through for the yard sale. I am so greatful for their help. I do not think I could have got it all done on my own.

Have a great day all

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  08:12:37 AM  Show Profile
Dianne, I love the idea of raised beds. I would like a 4x12 ft one to contain my strawberries. They seem to want to spread out everywhere. They are now ripening and are so delicious. My garden is finished now except for a couple of straggling tomato plants that need to get planted. I also intend to plant some radishes and carrots.

Gardening is so much fun when the fruit comes on. I have over a dozen tomato plants in the ground and they seem to be doing well. The green beans are also up and now I have to get the twine put on the trellish.

Have a good day everyone. It's gonna be warm here today.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page